Toriko vs Vegeta

Topic started by BladeWade on June 18, 2013. Last post by taichokage 1 year, 2 months ago.
Post by eddz99 (2,522 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@othus12 said:

@Son_Wukong: aaaaaaand that's impossible. the pure kinetic energy of the punch would be more than enough to destroy the moon. yet it doesnt. unless you tell me that a ki based punch now is able to discriminate between targets (lets do a punch with enough force to destroy the earth-accidentally hits the ground...lol joke.)

@eddz99: ok how about spiderman overwhelming thor? good enough. a ki enhanced punch packs a certain ammount of striking force i think that's obvious.

Nope, an ordinary punch = striking force, a ki enchanced punch = striking force that is ki enchanced :3, then how do you explain frieza getting hurt by ssj goku's ( not really ki enchanced ) punches while he was not even hurt by piccolo's special beam cannon which would have been way above planet level at that time? :P , that's why attack potency exists...

I don't really read marvel i just copied that point from 2 people but still, you cannot apply science into dbz ( if you want that then explain me how a time machine fits in a capsule lol ) , they can pack their ki's and not destroy their surroundings whether you like it or not.

Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@othus12: Vegs did get cut by yajirobe's katana and would have gotten shanked if goku did not spare him

Post by othus12 (6,905 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@eddz99: that's just your opinion.

their resist to energy based attacks is wayy higher than their resist to punches and kicks.

attack potency is a term that you invented and of course is full of crap.

whenever a punch (supposedly charged with the power to destroy a planet) hits the ground it lands very little damage. even lesser energy blasts destroy more. so your attack potency theory goes to hell in there.

@Nerx: lol i too remember that. that also gives me some extra points to my theory. dragon ball characters have more durability towards energy based attacks than against other types of attacks.

@othus12: Toriko specializes in slicing attacks as well , and they are powerful

@othus12 said:

their resist to energy based attacks is wayy higher than their resist to punches and kicks.

whenever a punch (supposedly charged with the power to destroy a planet) hits the ground it lands very little damage. even lesser energy blasts destroy more. so your attack potency theory goes to hell in there.

You can't even prove that since frieza survived the destruction of planet namek which was physical ( even when he was cut to half with no ki left ) , checkmate... mate :L

@Nerx: far more than yajirobes katana for sure. anyways that sums up the debate. toriko can cut vegeta's head off so end of the story.

@eddz99: explosion=energy based. you just did an auto check mate on yourself.

@othus12 said:

@eddz99: explosion=energy based. you just did an auto check mate on yourself.

nope, so you're saying that you would get more hurt by a punch than an explosion? since saiyans displayed same characteristics as humans, you have no proof that they are more durable to ki blasts and an explosion of the planet is physical not ki based so.. quit trying :3

@eddz99: i do. there are virtually no punching feats in dragon ball Z. how about you quit trying.?

EDIT: in comparison there are multi-planet busting feats made only of course by KI blasts.

@othus12:

there are virtually no punching feats in dragon ball Z.

Vegeta getting clobbered by goku

@Nerx: lol sure but i mean something like planet busting with a punch.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,541 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@eddz99 said:

@othus12 said:

@Son_Wukong: aaaaaaand that's impossible. the pure kinetic energy of the punch would be more than enough to destroy the moon. yet it doesnt. unless you tell me that a ki based punch now is able to discriminate between targets (lets do a punch with enough force to destroy the earth-accidentally hits the ground...lol joke.)

@eddz99: ok how about spiderman overwhelming thor? good enough. a ki enhanced punch packs a certain ammount of striking force i think that's obvious.

Nope, an ordinary punch = striking force, a ki enchanced punch = striking force that is ki enchanced :3, then how do you explain frieza getting hurt by ssj goku's ( not really ki enchanced ) punches while he was not even hurt by piccolo's special beam cannon which would have been way above planet level at that time? :P , that's why attack potency exists...

I don't really read marvel i just copied that point from 2 people but still, you cannot apply science into dbz ( if you want that then explain me how a time machine fits in a capsule lol ) , they can pack their ki's and not destroy their surroundings whether you like it or not.

This.

@othus12 said:

All of the DBZ characters have always shown themselves to have great ki control. Remember when Goku went Full Powered SSJ during the Cell Games arc and kept destroying everything because he couldn't control his ki properly. Imagine if they did punch the planet at full force, what would happen? The planet would get destroyed and everyone would die. Plus it would make for a crap manga if they just killed each other by destroying the planet. Almost all attacks in DBZ exhibit some form of ki control or like I said they'd just be destroying planets with minor ki blasts (Roshi and Piccolo both destroyed the moon, Piccolo did so with ease in early DBZ.)

Eddz99 has raised good points about how full power attacks from people like Piccolo can't hurt someone like Frieza (even though Piccolo's easily a planet buster) yet punches from SSJ Goku can inflict massive damage to him.

As for Yajirobi, he's always been an impressive martial artist well beyond super human but obviously not near the levels of the rest of the DBZ crew. He could more than match Goku in DB and obviously he got slightly stronger too during the series.

@othus12 said:

@eddz99: i do. there are virtually no punching feats in dragon ball Z. how about you quit trying.?

EDIT: in comparison there are multi-planet busting feats made only of course by KI blasts.

First, prove your point that they are more durable to ki blasts, if you can't prove that, you can't cancel my point about attack potency.

@eddz99: vegeta got cut by yajirobe. survived gokus genkidama. anything else?

@ohgodwhy: he has valid points but they are still speculation. anyways my whole debating goes under the supposition that dragon ball characters have less resist to hits. if only they had shown some feats like superman this would be a lot easier.

@othus12 said:

@eddz99: vegeta got cut by yajirobe. survived gokus genkidama. anything else?

gokus genkidama which was only got by countful of people and yajirobe used a ki enchanced attack there, anything else?

@eddz99: sure because yajirobe can now planet bust right? going by your logic you would need at least that much power to harm vegeta. or maybe puar can also use massive ki enhanced attacks to cut the tail of an oozaru.

@othus12 said:

@eddz99: sure because yajirobe can now planet bust right? going by your logic you would need at least that much power to harm vegeta. or maybe puar can also use massive ki enhanced attacks to cut the tail of an oozaru.

Your point?

Yajirobe > Master roshi who can moon bust.

@eddz99: what about this little guy?

can he moonbust too? because he has cut an oozaru before.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel