Toriko vs Vegeta

Topic started by BladeWade on June 18, 2013. Last post by taichokage 1 year, 2 months ago.
Post by nishi99 (1,710 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@othus12: Its still a feat for him Vegeta also tried to blow up the earth but Goku stopped him many of the attacks in DBZ could have blow up the planet. I say wait until Toriko goes to space and blows up a moon or planet before putting him against Vegeta.

Post by jnw93 (125 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@othus12 said:

@ohgodwhy: i dont blame you for believing that. some lower tier characters (luffy for example has massive reaction speeds) do that. toriko himself has lightspeed reactions. my point here is that even with that toriko should have no problem tagging the likes of nappa or vegeta. and considering their resist to punches and kicks things get ugly for them.

we could go for the good ol stats comparison and see who would win (dont kill me for this) im just gonna post every possible stat.

lifting strenght: edge-toriko

striking strenght: edge-toriko

speed: edge-toriko

DC: edge- vegeta by far

reactions: edge-stalemate?

hax: edge- toriko (ultimate routine broken as hell)

regen:edge- toriko

stamina: edge-vegeta.

intelligence: edge- toriko

AOE: edge-vegeta

in character for fights: edge-toriko (vegeta is cocky, especially scouter)

range: edge-vegeta

if dragon ball characters had the same resist to punches and kicks than they have against energy based attacks this would be a no contest. i wouldnt even argue for toriko it would be a stomp. but toriko excels in the one weakness of the z fighters and that's what keeps this debate alive.

what site did you get these from? &

@othus12 said:

@nishi99: it gets bombarded with filler? i fail to see why dragon ball characters never do that in fights oh wait its because they would die too. instead they resort to a fist fight and lower class energy strikes that sometimes dont even mountain bust. and that would result in toriko wooping vegeta.

@ChromeDisaster: yeah if vegeta started spamming ki blasts toriko would have a really hard time but i dont see vegeta doing that. at least not right off the bat.

Why not, he always did this in the anime and lets not forget DBZ chars can fly spamming ki blast and flying is something toriko could not handle.

and as soon as the moon is out toriko is dead no matter what.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@ohgodwhy said:

@othus12: DBZ has always been about reaction speed not travel speed. I know they don't travel anywhere near as fast as they react. With DBZ I've always found that they they seem to be able to use intense bursts of speed when needed to dodge each others ki blasts or when fighting with each other.

Now I could go into a long debate how I've always thought they've had FTL reactions, especially during the Namek Saga but I've always believed that they've had massively hypersonic reactions even since the start of DBZ. If you want to disagree with me, that's fine and I really cba to go into a long debate about DBZ reaction speed and travelling speed when I have already done so in the past.

This.

@jnw93 said:

@othus12 said:

@ohgodwhy: i dont blame you for believing that. some lower tier characters (luffy for example has massive reaction speeds) do that. toriko himself has lightspeed reactions. my point here is that even with that toriko should have no problem tagging the likes of nappa or vegeta. and considering their resist to punches and kicks things get ugly for them.

we could go for the good ol stats comparison and see who would win (dont kill me for this) im just gonna post every possible stat.

if dragon ball characters had the same resist to punches and kicks than they have against energy based attacks this would be a no contest. i wouldnt even argue for toriko it would be a stomp. but toriko excels in the one weakness of the z fighters and that's what keeps this debate alive.

@othus12 said:

@nishi99: it gets bombarded with filler? i fail to see why dragon ball characters never do that in fights oh wait its because they would die too. instead they resort to a fist fight and lower class energy strikes that sometimes dont even mountain bust. and that would result in toriko wooping vegeta.

@ChromeDisaster: yeah if vegeta started spamming ki blasts toriko would have a really hard time but i dont see vegeta doing that. at least not right off the bat.

Why not, he always did this in the anime and lets not forget DBZ chars can fly spamming ki blast and flying is something toriko could not handle.

Can't wait to see what you come up with this time. When did Toriko display lightspeed reactions?

Post by ohgodwhy (1,544 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@ohgodwhy said:

@othus12: DBZ has always been about reaction speed not travel speed. I know they don't travel anywhere near as fast as they react. With DBZ I've always found that they they seem to be able to use intense bursts of speed when needed to dodge each others ki blasts or when fighting with each other.

Now I could go into a long debate how I've always thought they've had FTL reactions, especially during the Namek Saga but I've always believed that they've had massively hypersonic reactions even since the start of DBZ. If you want to disagree with me, that's fine and I really cba to go into a long debate about DBZ reaction speed and travelling speed when I have already done so in the past.

This.

@jnw93 said:

@othus12 said:

@othus12 said:

Can't wait to see what you come up with this time. When did Toriko display lightspeed reactions?

Yeah I was going to ask that. Lightspeed reactions? I don't remember him doing anything like that.

Post by taichokage (13,410 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I personally do think Toriko and co. will reach planetary level or at the very least small planetoids level. Sani allegedly already can eat the Toriko world and their world is around Neptune size, considerably larger than the earth. Sani not being even as powerful as Zebra and none of the Kings being close to top tier, Id be surprised if they can't bust planets before the end.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,725 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Vegeta sees Toriko's PL then leaves

Post by othus12 (6,909 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@ohgodwhy: @GIRUGAMESH: actually that was my error. i meant precog reflexes. though he has tagged monsters that have lightspeed reactions.

@jnw93: take for example how vegeta opens his fights. he always goes for a fist fight unless he knows he has no chance. in character vegeta would go for close combat 8/10

@othus12: I agree with you, Vegeta always starts with h2h not KI

Post by Son_Wukong (221 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@DBZ_universe: If Vegeta tried to punch Toriko it would be a ki enhanced punch like that he tried to do to Goku.

And as shown by Kid Goku DB characters can pull ALL of their ki into their fist when throwing a ki enhanced punch.

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/214/14-005.0/compressed/db14_064.jpg

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/214/14-005.0/compressed/db14_065.jpg

Chapter: 160, P13.3
Context: Goku prepares his final attack
Goku: “I’m gambling all I’ve got into this fist!”

So yeah I think Toriko would definetely feel a ki enhanced punch thrown by Vegeta.

Post by Kuro_San (1,339 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@SMXLR8 said:

Don't Fight vegeta, it will only end bad for you
Don't Fight vegeta, it will only end bad for you

This

@Son_Wukong: Off course he can enchant his fist with KI.

But knowing Vegeta, he wont have the needs to do it.

Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@taichokage said:

I personally do think Toriko and co. will reach planetary level or at the very least small planetoids level. Sani allegedly already can eat the Toriko world and their world is around Neptune size, considerably larger than the earth. Sani not being even as powerful as Zebra and none of the Kings being close to top tier, Id be surprised if they can't bust planets before the end.

Mahma Moi also confirms that they will be going to space soon

Online Now

@Son_Wukong: not saying he wouldnt. but has a ki enhanced punch ever dealt the same damage to a planet as an energy blast? of course not. they punch like pussies compared to what they can do with ki blasts. also vegeta will never connect. vegeta is barely above mach 29 and toriko is mach 600.

@othus12:The reason why a ki punch doesn't do as much enviromental damage as a ki blast is because the mechanics of the two are very different.

A ki blast makes a huge explosion damaging the enviroment.

Piccolo:

http://comic.dragonballcn.com/list/0.Dragon_Ball-buyao_daolian_ya/0.jp_Kanzenban/DRAGONBALLvol13/147-mf4I2.jpg

http://comic.dragonballcn.com/list/0.Dragon_Ball-buyao_daolian_ya/0.jp_Kanzenban/DRAGONBALLvol13/155-Imi3D.jpg

http://comic.dragonballcn.com/list/0.Dragon_Ball-buyao_daolian_ya/0.jp_Kanzenban/DRAGONBALLvol13/156-E2s2m.jpg

While a ki punch doesn't have any explosive properties instead all of it's power concentrated in one spot in order to damage the opponent and the opponent only. Eviromental damage =/= the power of the attack sometimes in DBZ

Goku:

http://comic.dragonballcn.com/list/0.Dragon_Ball-buyao_daolian_ya/0.jp_Kanzenban/DRAGONBALLvol13/163-xY1lt.jpg

http://comic.dragonballcn.com/list/0.Dragon_Ball-buyao_daolian_ya/0.jp_Kanzenban/DRAGONBALLvol13/165-E7zOZ.jpg

http://comic.dragonballcn.com/list/0.Dragon_Ball-buyao_daolian_ya/0.jp_Kanzenban/DRAGONBALLvol13/166-zdAEt.jpg.

http://comic.dragonballcn.com/list/0.Dragon_Ball-buyao_daolian_ya/0.jp_Kanzenban/DRAGONBALLvol13/167-KruMi.jpg

Roughly the same amount of ki was used by Goku and Piccolo just a different method of delivery. Piccolo chose a ki blast while Goku chose ki punches.

Admittedly the ki blast does look more impressive the actual power between the two is the same

Online Now

@Son_Wukong: you still dont get my point. let me explain further:

a power level of 2000 is more than enough to destroy the moon right? lets say you use that power in a ki blast and launch it to the moon, what would happen? the moon gets blown to pieces, no question.

now lets say you put that same ki into a fist...going by your logic you should be able to blow the moon to pieces with a punch right?

how come whenever a dragon ball character misses a punch and hits the ground/mountain/etc. it is not completely obliterated? (as you said they concentrate the attack to damage the target and since a character dodged the target now becomes the ground/mountain/etc. what we see there is the true damage that blow has and let me tell you it pales in comparison to the ki blast.)

there is only one possible reason for this and that reason is that dragon ball characters dont have nearly as much strenght and durability towards punches and kicks even if they amp them up with ki.

Post by eddz99 (2,522 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@othus12 said:

@Son_Wukong: you still dont get my point. let me explain further:

a power level of 2000 is more than enough to destroy the moon right? lets say you use that power in a ki blast and launch it to the moon, what would happen? the moon gets blown to pieces, no question.

now lets say you put that same ki into a fist...going by your logic you should be able to blow the moon to pieces with a punch right?

how come whenever a dragon ball character misses a punch and hits the ground/mountain/etc. it is not completely obliterated? (as you said they concentrate the attack to damage the target and since a character dodged the target now becomes the ground/mountain/etc. what we see there is the true damage that blow has and let me tell you it pales in comparison to the ki blast.)

there is only one possible reason for this and that reason is that dragon ball characters dont have nearly as much strenght and durability towards punches and kicks even if they amp them up with ki.

Attack potency my friend your point sucks :L, even goku at later stages could finally transform to ssj3 without even causing the earth to shake.

Silver surfer was beaten by an attack which only has a destructive capacity of destroying a car..

Why EoS dbz blasts don't destroy planets.

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@SilverGalford: I guess you could say that Trunks was able to cancel out the blast, or some shiz along those lines.

That logic isn't only seen in DBZ/anime though, you see it a bit in comics. For instance, in one issue PR Molecule Man fired a blast at PR Beyonder that was stated to have enough power to destroy billions of dimensions, and yet it didn't even destroy the room they were in. It's pretty much that kind of thing that explains why the attacks of later series characters in DBZ don't immediately obliterate planets (they focus their power, or something along those lines, I guess). I agree it does seem a bit stupid at times though.

Pretty much this. Odin for example manged to K.O the Silver Surfer with an energy blast the size off a small car. It's a consistent thing in both comics and manga for blasts of incredible power to not have massive collateral damage. DBZ characters can concentrate there attacks so that they don't mess up everything. Nappa is a casual City buster but none of his blasts vs the Z warriors left a city size crater that he's obviously capable of producing etc etc.

Online Now

@eddz99: facepalm dude. first because that just shows lazyness from toriyama. second because that has nothing to do with strking force.

third: marvel is full of inconsistencies. will you bring up when squirrel girl defeated thanos too? moot and retarded point.

Post by eddz99 (2,522 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@othus12 said:

@eddz99: facepalm dude. first because that just shows lazyness from toriyama. second because that has nothing to do with strking force.

third: marvel is full of inconsistencies. will you bring up when squirrel girl defeated thanos too? moot and retarded point.

1st of all squirrel girl defeated thanos because squirrel girl is a gag char.

2nd, it's not striking force, it's a ki enchanced punch.

And you can't use your first point since it's just a lame reason >,> , nobody knows if toriyama is lazy since it is indeed canon.

@othus12:The ki punch would have the same potency/power as the ki blast. But because the ki punch lacks the ki blasts explosive area of effect in order for it the effect the whole moon it would fail to destroy it. Instead the punch would hurt a person with moon level durability because the body is small enough for the fist's small area of effect to hurt it.

@Son_Wukong: aaaaaaand that's impossible. the pure kinetic energy of the punch would be more than enough to destroy the moon. yet it doesnt. unless you tell me that a ki based punch now is able to discriminate between targets (lets do a punch with enough force to destroy the earth-accidentally hits the ground...lol joke.)

OK maybe i was kinda wrong considering that did happen in the New DBZ movie (which is canon):

Keep in mind that due to king kai's planet being very small but having 10X Earth's gravity this makes it very dense. 1.7 million times denser than uranium according to OBD:

http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=17662

Other calcs have it around moon level. I'll research more tomorrow since I've reached my posting limit for today.

Online Now

@Son_Wukong: aaaaaaand that's impossible. the pure kinetic energy of the punch would be more than enough to destroy the moon. yet it doesnt. unless you tell me that a ki based punch now is able to discriminate between targets (lets do a punch with enough force to destroy the earth-accidentally hits the ground...lol joke.)

@eddz99: ok how about spiderman overwhelming thor? good enough. a ki enhanced punch packs a certain ammount of striking force i think that's obvious.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel