Toriko vs Nappa

Topic started by supernova7005 on June 10, 2013. Last post by 5th 10 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by eddz99 (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@taichokage said:

Toriko will not only match the Z, I think they will surpass it within half a decade. The progression rate is exponentially fast. The only exceptions being the strongest movie villains like Broly, Janemba, Hirudegarn and if course Birusu. I don't know if the Toriko cast will ever make those levels. But mainstream Z I can see it.

I doubt that, if that does happen i see toriko becoming a dbz ripoff..

Still, nappa speedblitzes toriko.

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@othus12: He hasn't as I stated in my post ABC logic is incredibly useful to DBZ threads since their feats are so inconsistent. Goku caught a mountain which weighed at least 5.75 million tons, in his base form in frieza saga. Gohan is vastly more powerful than goku, therefor he should be able to mimic the same feat. And my bad on the SSJ thing, even then however a SSJ2(i assume)power multiplies by at least 100, Still making Gohan vastly more powerful than Sani's hair.

Toriko definitely is coming up in power compared to DBZ, no doubt about it, they're just not quite there yet.

Post by taichokage (12,988 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I don't doubt it. Toriko is going into space as well as the gourmet world. The Kings Already range from casual mountain level to country level and possibly planet level.

@taichokage said:

I don't doubt it. Toriko is going into space as well as the gourmet world. The Kings Already range from casual mountain level to country level and possibly planet level.

Well dbz still stands at casual solar system buster, still a long way to go... Also, i only doubt that since i see toriko ending in 1 - 2 years ( if it doesn't, it might become a shitty manga )

Post by EraserCannon (522 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@taichokage said:

Toriko will not only match the Z, I think they will surpass it within half a decade. The progression rate is exponentially fast. The only exceptions being the strongest movie villains like Broly, Janemba, Hirudegarn and if course Birusu. I don't know if the Toriko cast will ever make those levels. But mainstream Z I can see it.

That will never happen unless Aliens are introduced.

Post by othus12 (6,683 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@eddz99: nappa wouldnt speed blitz toriko dude. he has precoglike reflexes

@othus12 said:

Well that's BS, unless toriko is fast enough to dodge a lightspeed attack, i don't see how he could win :P

http://www.animevice.com/dragon-ball/10-1/dbzs-limit/97-338575/#4

Post by othus12 (6,683 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@eddz99: i didnt said he would win. i just said he could react to nappa

@othus12 said:

@eddz99: i didnt said he would win. i just said he could react to nappa

@eddz99 said:

@othus12 said:

Well that's BS, unless toriko is fast enough to dodge a lightspeed attack, i don't see how he could win :P

Post by Theorder14 (207 posts) See mini bio Level 9

When did Nappa deliver lightspeed attacks now again? b4 the namek arc, DBZ characters have easily dodged beams like nothing and i don't consider them lightspeed. Frieza's death beam on the other hand is what i could call light speed.

@Theorder14 said:

When did Nappa deliver lightspeed attacks now again? b4 the namek arc, DBZ characters have easily dodged beams like nothing and i don't consider them lightspeed. Frieza's death beam on the other hand is what i could call light speed.

Would you please read before you type? Lol

Edit:

Actually, not that sowee :3

I'll make another one..

This:

Piccolo's moon busting attack ( at the power level of 300 ) Reached the moon in a few seconds ( That's fast )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sEINMGorTE

Special beam cannon was also stated to be lightspeed

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Beam_Cannon

Yet, raditz at 1200 dodged it at point blank range so... Lol

@eddz99: Show me a scan of Nappa shooting a FTL beam then? + Piccolo required lots of time to shoot special beam and Raditz barely avoided it.

@Theorder14 said:

@eddz99: Show me a scan of Nappa shooting a FTL beam then? + Piccolo required lots of time to shoot special beam and Raditz barely avoided it.

I don't think you watch dbz bro, PL's can conclude the speed of attack of a person and the destructive capacity of a person since the guy with the bigger PL always wins, Piccolo shot it at the Powerlevel of 300 and raditz at 1200 dodged it at POINT BLANK RANGE, nappa is at 7000+ :P, he obviously fires a much faster attack

Btw You call this a lot of time? XD

@othus12 said:

if nappa gets a ki blast in he may win.. however with food honor i dont see that happening anytime soon.

idk i always saw dragon ball characters having ridiculous energy output and energy resist. however they havent shown much for actual muscle strenght. and they dont seem that durable against actual punches or kicks. i can tell some instances:

-vegeta getting damaged by rocks big rocks but nothing mountain sized.

-goku only being able to lift 40 tons on base form and this goku is thousands of times stronger than nappa. if his energy output were as good as his strenght he would be able to lift planet earth and even more.

-gohan finding hard to carry the Z sword which shouldnt weight more than 500 tons.

if my theory is true then the attacks of toriko should be able to damage and kill nappa

in those instances toriko characters are wayy above dragon ball characters and that's why i think they can damage them. sani can reflect away almost 100 million tons. it might sound funny and incredible but if the gets gohan with hair marionette he wouldnt be able to move even on sjj2.

- it is because of the inconsistency of dbz ( This cancels out all your points but i wanna counter it ) hahah

- 40 tons, it was on another planet which we don't know how much gravity there is ( Let's say it was 10x gravity ) then it was 400 Tons

- Again.. Different planet... It may have been 5000 tons or more.

Your theory is still correct though if it wasn't for the inconsistency of the dbz.

@eddz99: ur right, i've only watched a few episodes and dropped it but i've read every chapter of DBZ. u gotta admit that more power doesn't equal more speed.+ i don't believe in wiki 100%

anyways, i'm not convinced and it's ur opinon to believe whatever ya want so just leave it at that.

Edit: That's not special beam, also, keep in mind that anime time isn't = real time

@Theorder14 said:

@eddz99: ur right, i've only watched a few episodes and dropped it but i've read every chapter of DBZ. u gotta admit that more power doesn't equal more speed.+ i don't believe in wiki 100%

anyways, i'm not convinced and it's ur opinon to believe whatever ya want so just leave it at that.

Ok then, we did not fight ok? :P

yep, like trunks had more power but he was slower.. But it is common sense that nappa > piccolo in terms of speed and attack speed

Post by All_StarSupes (770 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Nappa wins, but then Ichiryuu rips his head off for killing his adopted son.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,676 posts) See mini bio Level 17

When the hell is Nappa FTL? lol

Post by GrayWolf2 (318 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@othus12 said:

if nappa gets a ki blast in he may win.. however with food honor i dont see that happening anytime soon.

idk i always saw dragon ball characters having ridiculous energy output and energy resist. however they havent shown much for actual muscle strenght. and they dont seem that durable against actual punches or kicks. i can tell some instances:

-vegeta getting damaged by rocks big rocks but nothing mountain sized.

-goku only being able to lift 40 tons on base form and this goku is thousands of times stronger than nappa. if his energy output were as good as his strenght he would be able to lift planet earth and even more.

-gohan finding hard to carry the Z sword which shouldnt weight more than 500 tons.

if my theory is true then the attacks of toriko should be able to damage and kill nappa

in those instances toriko characters are wayy above dragon ball characters and that's why i think they can damage them. sani can reflect away almost 100 million tons. it might sound funny and incredible but if the gets gohan with hair marionette he wouldnt be able to move even on sjj2.

I think the point that you're missing is that brute strength doesn't equal striking power in dragonball. There are multiple instances of this being the case. Vegeta with a swat deflected Zarbon's attack which would at the least be island level+. Goku drop kicked Freeza with enough force to shatter through two islands and cause the whole battle field for few mile radius to tremble violently. This is easily class 100+ striking power. Freeza deflected with a kick an attack that would at the least destroy a moon or small planet. SSJ3 Goku deflected a blast with a hammer fist that destroyed 1/10th of the planet. Also if lifting strength meant so much then why didn't Piccolo and Vegeta one-shot Goku when they both went huge and hit him? Clearly brute strength isn't as important a stat in dragonball as it is in say comics.

Dragonball is also not the only one where this is the case. Kenshin Himura I don't think is even a class 100 pounder really and yet he is able to match blades with guys like Hajime Saito and Makoto Shishio. Two guys as strong or stronger than Sanosuke Sagara who wields a blade that weighs 300 pounds with ease. Why? Because Kenshin uses his own Kenki or swordsman ki that increases the striking force of his blade. There are probably plenty of other examples in other mangas where this is the case but I hope my point is clear enough already. These guys focus their Ki behind their blows. It's not just about bench press.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,676 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I agree striking force is different than strength.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel