Toriko vs Karate Kid

Topic started by Stingerrain on Feb. 18, 2013. Last post by Stingerrain 4 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by taichokage (12,692 posts) See mini bio Level 20
^Precisely.
Post by YoungChief (542 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Man, Karate Kid was nerfed even harder than Superman wasn't he, I saw some feats of him from the silver age when he could dodge speed force lightning AFTER it struck him

Post by katanalauncher (397 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@taichokage said:

Because Batman can fight him.Bloodlusted, Superman could kill KK in an instant. He's not going to use heat vision or full strength against a human nor will be resort to something like planet busting which would auto kill KK. Assuming Toriko wouldn't fare better physically than a restrained Superman, he can just one shot him with CoK or any barrage of projectiles. In character Toriko wouldn't kill him either but he doesn't have to kill to use CoK.

KK never really fought superman post crisis, he fought other characters physically on par with superman.

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/silicondream/media/Untitled-Scanned-11.jpg.html

He can handle the speed of a daxamite that's not holding back, KK can dodge Toriko's projectiles while sleeping.

Batman on his own never hold his own against karate kid, and ABC logic doesn't work here since Toriko is not much of a martial artist.

Toriko only used CoK when he is bloodlusted, which won't happen here IC.

And CoK won't do much at all to someone who can already handle people stronger than every Toriko character we've seen(bar the mystical sun eater)

Also Karate kid is an alien.

@othus12 said:

@katanalauncher said:

How the hell would Toriko be able to beat someone that can trade chops with kryptonians/Daxamites?

he doesnt trade chops with supes dude. he applies a type of aikido or judo that uses supes strenght against him. his actual punches dont even bother supes.

I heard KK can trade shots with Supes. If that is so then Toriko doesn't have much of a chance here. Can someone fully explain this to me?

he cant. he can just hold his ground for some time because of a martial arts technique that allows you to use the strenght of the opponent (like aikido)

He can trade blows with kryptonian and other kryptonian level beings and have been consistently for 50 years.

It really doesn't matter how he does it, just that he CAN.

If you think he lacks fire power, just watch him crumble 80 kiloton of ice in one blow:

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/5949/151199-132973_878570_untitled_scanned_13_super_super_super.jpg

Post by othus12 (6,389 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@katanalauncher: Toriko is not much of a martial artist.

are you kidding me? toriko IS a martial artist. and a very good one for that matter. he is a master in his own style of shokugi, with the same movement he can either shave his facial hair or split a mountain in half. he can even remove all organs and tissue without the opponent realizing its alredy dead.

He can trade blows with kryptonian and other kryptonian level beings and have been consistently for 50 years.

show me. i dare you. most of the time its like: oh that was pretty impressive. too bad it didnt hurt me at all. most of the scans you can find will prove that.

It really doesn't matter how he does it, just that he CAN.

he can but has no effect. he has the same type of plot armor batman has. (like batman surviving slaps of darkseid)

If you think he lacks fire power, just watch him crumble 80 kiloton of ice in one blow:

toriko would die.....of laughter. seriously 80 kilotons?

toriko early on was deflecting a water strike that created a mushroom cloud the size of the everest. some calcs put it up to 1 teraton

when toriko arrived from gourmet world (through one of the corners of human world) he sent flying away with one slap ingredients that were over 200kg to the other side of the human world.

-

in other words: toriko sent flying 200kg a distance of over 40,000km. with a gentle slap.nvm a full force throw.

to put it in perspective he could throw karate kid into outer space just by touching him.

Toriko only used CoK when he is bloodlusted, which won't happen here IC.

if karate kid keeps dodging toriko will eventually go: fuck it, im gonna cok the shit out of you. and since KK has never shown resist to that type of attacks (not to mention toriko's own stats are above) cok is pretty much insta-kill.

lets not forget about toriko's projectiles being based on his scent. they wont stop and toriko's sense of smell can track someone that was well over 10 years ago on that spot. toriko will spam flying forks by thousands and they wont stop in years. KK has no way to block,defend or survive against that.

^^^

are you kidding me? toriko IS a martial artist. and a very good one for that matter. he is a master in his own style of shokugi, with the same movement he can either shave his facial hair or split a mountain in half.

Toriko's fight consist of him throwing knifes and forks and unleashing the strongest kugi he has.

In terms of fighting ability he's not even close to Batman let alone KK.

he can even remove all organs and tissue without the opponent realizing its alredy dead.

Nope, only Komatsu and Chiyo have shown that level of precision with their food honor.

I'm well aware of Toriko's strength feats, they surpass KK's strength feats by himself.

I was proving that KK himself have strong strength feats even without power scaling, instead of just re-direct his opponent's strength which itself requires strength.

if karate kid keeps dodging toriko will eventually go: fuck it, im gonna cok the shit out of you.

Other than the fact that it's completely out of character for Toriko? Toriko is only ever mad when others show disrespect toward food or if they harm Komatsu.

cok is pretty much insta-kill.

CoK is not insta kill, it didn't even insta kill Starjun before Starjun countered with his own CoK.

CoK just extend one's ability beyond it's limit, it's not like it's really warping, it has more to do with the individual and their gourmet cell.

lets not forget about toriko's projectiles being based on his scent. they wont stop and toriko's sense of smell can track someone that was well over 10 years ago on that spot. toriko will spam flying forks by thousands and they wont stop in years.

Or KK could dodge them and knock Toriko the fuck out.

show me. i dare you. most of the time its like: oh that was pretty impressive. too bad it didnt hurt me at all. most of the scans you can find will prove that.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/SLSH-205-12.jpg

KK knocking out Ultraboy who has pre-crisis kryptonian level durability

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/SuperboytheLegionofSuperheroes245-1.jpg

KK puts superboy in a lock.

Would he win one on one with a bloodlusted kryptonian? No, at best he could stalemate a weak one.

But the fact that he could remotely hang with these guys, and even able to take them out at some instance puts him way above Toriko's pay grade.

CoK is not insta kill, it didn't even insta kill Starjun before Starjun countered with his own CoK.

do i even have to answer this? you pretty much answered it yourself. seems you dont understand CoK. starjun had cok. btw starjun had a more powerful cok AND he had precognition. its not an insta kill if your stats are wayy above the user. but KK is nowhere near toriko in stats.

Nope, only Komatsu and Chiyo have shown that level of precision with their food honor.

you do realize toriko's shokugi is on komatsus level? they even went under the same training and toriko was the first one to eat the bubble fruit. not to mention he has gourmet cells.

Other than the fact that it's completely out of character for Toriko? Toriko is only ever mad when others show disrespect toward food or if they harm Komatsu.

just because toriko used cok on starjun doesnt mean he only uses it bloodlusted. how do you think he practiced that ability? he uses cok if its necessary.

dont play dumb. ultraboy can only have 1 ability at a time. if he doesnt have invulnerability on he can say goodbye.

which did absolutely nothing.

dont see that happening when toriko takes country level attacks to the face. and is even concious after getting pierced in half.

Toriko's fight consist of him throwing knifes and forks and unleashing the strongest kugi he has.

sounds to me like you are downplaying it. toriko has skill in knocking abilities and has milimetric precision. in fact when he is not serious he fights like a normal human.

he couldnt dodge the human speed of batman. what makes you think he can dodge toriko who has tagged beasts that dodge light speed attacks?

-

at the end of the day KK is just a character with heavy plot armor.batman makes him bleed.

KK is enough to make toriko sweat a little, but nothing more than that. he might deflect some attacks from toriko for a couple of minutes but when toriko goes on something like this:

KK is nothing short of fucked. besides going h2h against toriko is suicide. the guy can make him reach escape velocity with a single tap on the back.

Post by takashichea (11,125 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@othus12:

Just to let know, I cleaned your manga scan.

@takashichea: thanks taka i didnt see it had a watermark. sorry.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,840 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Online Now

Toriko kills KK with a casual leg boomerang.

@othus12 said:

do i even have to answer this? you pretty much answered it yourself. seems you dont understand CoK. starjun had cok. btw starjun had a more powerful cok AND he had precognition. its not an insta kill if your stats are wayy above the user. but KK is nowhere near toriko in stats.

Starjun didn't even use Cok at the beginning

you do realize toriko's shokugi is on komatsus level? they even went under the same training and toriko was the first one to eat the bubble fruit. not to mention he has gourmet cells.

Komatsu and Chiyo are chefs, they specialize differently to gourmet hunters. Komatsu was able to remove the poison from the puffer whale while Coco and Toriko had failed.

Do you think Toriko can casually remove the poison pack without puffer whale noticing like Komatsu did? The manga even showcased how differently food honor improve the skills of chef and gourmet hunter.

just because toriko used cok on starjun doesnt mean he only uses it bloodlusted. how do you think he practiced that ability? he uses cok if its necessary.

Depending on the circumstance, Toriko learned CoK to fight Starjun, in a sparring match like this he has no reason to use it.

dont play dumb. ultraboy can only have 1 ability at a time. if he doesnt have invulnerability on he can say goodbye.

Fair enough, as it is impossible to tell which power he is using.

which did absolutely nothing.

Holding someone that can push planets around is nothing? Superboy wasn't even holding back as he was mind controlled

dont see that happening when toriko takes country level attacks to the face. and is even concious after getting pierced in half.

When KK is able to hurt characters with much higher durability?

sounds to me like you are downplaying it. toriko has skill in knocking abilities and has milimetric precision. in fact when he is not serious he fights like a normal human.

In terms of martial arts skills

he couldnt dodge the human speed of batman. what makes you think he can dodge toriko who has tagged beasts that dodge light speed attacks?

-

at the end of the day KK is just a character with heavy plot armor.batman makes him bleed.

KK still owned Batman in that fight, and he wasn't even taking it that seriously. As evident as he took Batman's belt when he could have knocked him out.

Use low end feat all you want, doesn't neglect all of his other feats.

KK is enough to make toriko sweat a little, but nothing more than that. he might deflect some attacks from toriko for a couple of minutes but when toriko goes on something like this:

KK is nothing short of fucked. besides going h2h against toriko is suicide. the guy can make him reach escape velocity with a single tap on the back.
Why do you keep ignoring the fact that KK dealt with much faster speedster on a regular basis?

Post by ridtom2 (148 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Minor point: That's damn impressive that Karate Kid was able to tear apart Bat's bullet proof costume with his bare hands, while dying from a disease.

Toriko still wins though.

@ridtom2: KK is a pretty impressive human.

Post by YoungChief (542 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@othus12 said:

Have you seen some of his silver age feats? He was completely insane xD

He had a feat in which he threw a Daxamite into another solar system, right next to a red sun so he would lose his powers, and yes KK did that on purpose

Post by waybig1010101 (2,632 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@YoungChief said:

@othus12 said:

Have you seen some of his silver age feats? He was completely insane xD

He had a feat in which he threw a Daxamite into another solar system, right next to a red sun so he would lose his powers, and yes KK did that on purpose

So what version of KK are we using? 
Post by Stingerrain (358 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Online Now

@waybig1010101: It doesn't matter. Bottom line is that with PIS off, Toriko crushes him, with it on or if it's Silver Age, he gets crushed.

It's irked me that this thread even got bumped in the first place. I'm tempted to just request a lock.

Post by waybig1010101 (2,632 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Stingerrain: gotcha if you want just ask Dream to lock this for you 
Post by Zerogodlike (1,207 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Tokiro throws a casual punch and KK explodes from the air pressure before the punch even touches him.

Post by Stingerrain (358 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Online Now

Can you please lock this? I see no reason as to why this thread should be open.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel