Timeskip Zoro vs Timeskip Luffy

Topic started by Ikki_Minami_ on Jan. 24, 2013. Last post by SonNeko 4 months ago.
Post by IWANTTHEBOOTY (1 posts) See mini bio Level 5

I believe Luffy would win in a battle between the two of them. Luffy has not really gone all out, plus the battle with Hody Jones was very limiting on Luffy's power. Since he had to fight in the sea in a bubble with limited movement while Hody kept "powering up" underwater, it was not in Luffy's favor to win against someone who could mmore freely and not be affected by the water. Plus, Zoro probably could've beat Hody as well but, in the water, he would not have been affected as much as the water's effect on Luffy. In the battle in Dressrosa at the moment, Zoro does not seem to be able to beat Fujitora or even Sabo if he tried. Same goes with Luffy. Also, Luffy has been fighting against Vice-Admiral level opponents in the Colosseum and went fully into a war with Doflamingo while Zoro was hit by Fujitora, an admiral, once. Also, it may seem like Luffy's going all out but you have to remember, he's a rubber man. All the attacks he does, he has to pull and bring back his fist many times over and over, in both gears as well. Zoro has swords in which he can do power moves which has a haki-imbued state if he wished. In a match between the two, it can go either way, but Luffy is always at a disadvantage (except for the Skypeia fight) and if Zoro wins, it might be a small margin, but if Luffy wins, it would be a win against someone would has a one up against Luffy's disabilities. Luffy's fighting power is balanced against those without a devil's fruit or without a devil's fruit that isn't supposedly "useless" like Luffy's.

Post by othus12 (8,669 posts) See mini bio Level 13

zoro wins, but it would be his hardest fight to date.

Post by ALMIGHTY (855 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Luffy due to better showings of Haki
Post by Kobra678 (3,808 posts) See mini bio Level 15
His haki isn't all that good honestly. It was pierced by Hody Jones so I think Zoro could do the same.

@Kobra678 said:

His haki isn't all that good honestly. It was pierced by Hody Jones so I think Zoro could do the same.

indeed.

EDIT

BTW i dont know why people say luffy has better haki showings, back at fishman luffy's busoshoku couldnt destroy steel while zoro's air slice was cutting steel shields like fruits.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,193 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I wanna say Zoro at the moment. And not just because I like him more.

Post by SonNeko (2,004 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Obviously Luffy. They are close,but One piece has shown the clear difference in power between Luffy and the crew.

@SonNeko said:

Obviously Luffy. They are close,but One piece has shown the clear difference in power between Luffy and the crew.

like the time zoro took all the damage that knocked luffy out cold plus his own.

oh wait.

@othus12: OK so there are few exceptions. There always are exceptions. I meant by power scaling. Luffy often takes on opponents that defeated Zoro.

Post by EVA_01 (3,295 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@SonNeko: Like who? Enel? The only reason Luffy won is because he's literally the natural counter to his abilities, Rubber.(Obviously Kishi doesn't know that rubber isn't a complete insulator and can still be affected by heat. If a rubber block was hit a with bolt of lightning it would be liquefied. But it's a manga anyway sooo..)

@EVA_01: Still, Enel had massive physical strength which Zoro was afraid of.

@SonNeko: but you gotta look at the circumstances man

enel: luffy had his one weakness

lucci: luffy got thrashed on that one too.

oars: luffy was amped with shadows.

hody: zoro was protecting the crew, and he actually manage to one shot him

zoro on the other hand has better durability feats and range advantage, plus one of luffy's weaknesses which are swords.

@SonNeko: Yes. And Luffy is immune to blunt force. See what I mean? Luffy had no chance in hell to beat Enel who is one of the Top Tiers of OP weren't it for his Devil Fruit. The plot conveniently gave him an opponent he's a perfect counter to.

@othus12: Yeah, that is all true too.

Zoro has way better feats then Luffy. It looks like Oda favors Zoro over Luffy.

It looks like Zoro was made as an anti-Luffy weapon.

@SonNeko: To be honest there is no big gap between the two. But I agree that Zoro indeed has better feats and doesn't rely on circumstances.

@othus12: You forgot one:

Crocodile: Luffy literally beat him because he was soaked with his own blood from getting smacked. And had a water keg.

EDIT2:

The only major opponents that I think Luffy legitimately beat were Lucci (on the edge of death) and Caesar.

@SonNeko: luffy has kinda overall advantage, its just that zoro is one of the worst matchups against him.

@othus12: In Zoro's fight with Luffy they seemed pretty evenly matched. That maybe because of Zoro's advantages, and Luffy's overall better strength.

Actually they were evenly matched. Until Nami came and bitch slapped both.

Post by Kobra678 (3,808 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Keep in mind that that was like what, 600 chapters ago? Were not using alabaster arc characters here.

@Kobra678: Indeed. But still the idea is the same. Luffy is stronger, but Zoro's advantages help him go toe to toe with Luffy.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel