Timeskip Zoro vs Timeskip Luffy

Topic started by Ikki_Minami_ on Jan. 24, 2013. Last post by Madkinglord 11 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by Ikki_Minami_ (1,045 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I find that, after there timeskip zoro has become a hell of alot stronger than luffy, I want to debate about it. Timeskip Zoro Vs Timeskip Luffy

-Win by death

-No holding back

-Both serious and bloodlusted

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

currently undecidable. The argument could be made that zoro can cut luffy with his haki but then another argument can be made that luffy's haki will block it. Then we have the speed argument which still can't be made properly. From what we know second gear luffy was quite a bit faster than previous zoro but after the time skip we can't really say.

Post by All_StarSupes (779 posts) See mini bio Level 10

It's hard to call because since the timeskip we've seen Luffy go nearly all out in a couple of fights, where as Zoro seems to be holding back a lot of his power.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,039 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Not much on Zoro's true power since the timeskip yet. But Zoro has always been incredibly close to Luffy in terms of power. Maybe he has surpassed him for a while. Not really debatable for now.

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (2,139 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Either they are evenly matched or Luffy is slightly stronger

Post by YoungChief (552 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Pre-time skip I would have said Luffy is much stronger, post-timeskip I say Luffy still wins but barely, hard to say though, we need another CP9 style fight to say for sure, hell they might actually fight CP9 again actually (I would love to see that).

EDIT: Also I hope Sanji gets some hype too in the future, Zoro and Luffy get all of it -_-

@All_StarSupes said:

It's hard to call because since the timeskip we've seen Luffy go nearly all out in a couple of fights, where as Zoro seems to be holding back a lot of his power.

I wouldn't say Luffy has gone all out in the slightest, Hody's toughness was praised by Luffy but other than that Luffy won that fight pretty easily, was at a disadvantage when the fight was taken outside of the FI bubble and Luffy still pwned Hody with Red Hawk, also he curbstomped Caesar twice (got saved by Monet one time), the first time yeah Luffy got knocked out by Caesar removing all the oxygen in the area (hax) but after that he smashed him pretty easily. See the Gecko Moria or Rob Lucci fight for going all out Luffy.

Post by othus12 (7,342 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@YoungChief: i think he meant all out by trying to destroy noah luffy has better feats for now so i think he wins this since battles are made with facts not assumptions

Post by taichokage (14,260 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I've been thinking its a possibility too. Zoro just seems to do similar things to Luffy, too easily. I wouldn't be too surprised if Oda had Zoro temporarily surpass Luffy. It's just not a common theme in Shonen for the #2 to surpass the main character.

@taichokage:

Finally I, I know deep down zoro is stronger than luffy, I mean luffy had trouble beating a fucking gas dude then goes, on to say that he plans on defeating all of the Yonko himself HAHAHA. But seriouly zoro has been beating luffy, in everything he has taken no damage after timeskip he has been one shotting all his enemies, while luffy needs to go close to full out on weak pieces of shit like hody ect. while in his gears, this is like ichigo's bankai all over again. While zoro has yet to enter into asura or anything then base I could see zoro beating luffy right now luffy, gets way way way over-hyped at the end of one piece I could see this but again this is my opinion 1. Worlds stronest swords man Zoro 2. Pirate king luffy ect.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,039 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@taichokage said:

I've been thinking its a possibility too. Zoro just seems to do similar things to Luffy, too easily. I wouldn't be too surprised if Oda had Zoro temporarily surpass Luffy. It's just not a common theme in Shonen for the #2 to surpass the main character.

Not really I can name a few shonen animes where the number 2 passed the MC for a little while. Like how Vegeta passed Goku a few times is one.

Post by JThree47605 (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Luffy has yet to go all out in any of his fights. But I do believe there is a possibility that Zoro is currently stronger than Luffy, he does hold back in a lot of his fights. Can't wait to see him get serious.

@Ikki_Minami_ said:

@taichokage:

Finally I, I know deep down zoro is stronger than luffy, I mean luffy had trouble beating a fucking gas dude then goes, on to say that he plans on defeating all of the Yonko himself HAHAHA. But seriouly zoro has been beating luffy, in everything he has taken no damage after timeskip he has been one shotting all his enemies, while luffy needs to go close to full out on weak pieces of shit like hody ect. while in his gears, this is like ichigo's bankai all over again. While zoro has yet to enter into asura or anything then base I could see zoro beating luffy right now luffy, gets way way way over-hyped at the end of one piece I could see this but again this is my opinion 1. Worlds stronest swords man Zoro 2. Pirate king luffy ect.

Luffy has not gone truly serious in his fights yet, he's been angry sure, but do you honestly believe Luffy has been pushed? I don't think so, don't try to lowball Caesar by just calling him a "gas dude", his ability is haxed, he can instantly take away all the oxygen in an AOE around him, after Luffy discovered that he had zero trouble with Caesar, would have taken him out in the second encounter had Monet not stepped in to save him. No one cares about your opinions, feats still say Luffy is more powerful, Sanji hasn't been pushed either so I guess Sanji is stronger than Luffy too right? Most of the strawhats curbstomped their fights on FI and took no damage, I guess that must mean they're stronger than Luffy right? Do you see why your logic fails yet

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (2,139 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@YoungChief: When luffy uses both his gears simultaneously then he'll be at his limit, imagine a grizzly red hawk storm

@ImDictatorBowDown said:

@YoungChief: When luffy uses both his gears simultaneously then he'll be at his limit, imagine a grizzly red hawk storm

I never thought of that as a possible move

I wonder just who could survive something like that in OP

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Luffy's probably slightly stronger or at the least equal to Zoro. You just have to look at their teachers, Zoro was trained by the Mihawk who's pretty damn awesome but Luffy was trained by Silvers Rayleigh who is just legendary and was easily able to fight against a marine admiral. Other than that though we can't really tell as neither has come anywhere near straining themselves since the timeskip, unless they've been hindered by some outside factor.

Standard shounen rules also point to Luffy being stronger and he always ends up fighting the main boss who is usually the strongest but like I said they could be equal too. I'm against anyone saying Zoro's stronger though.

Post by xlab3000 (1,402 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Luffy wins

Dear Lord, since so many people are pulling that Luffy is the main character card ect. Fine no PIS for this fight and I say that zoro, kills luffy anyone care to debate?

@Ikki_Minami_ said:

Dear Lord, since so many people are pulling that Luffy is the main character card ect. Fine no PIS for this fight and I say that zoro, kills luffy anyone care to debate?

Hm, how about you explain yourself first? Your post before basically amounted to you saying "I feel deep down zoro would win because he's cool" (lol). What do you think Zoro outclasses Luffy in? I'm gonna tell you right now, feats say the only thing he's ahead of Luffy in, BARELY, is durability. Luffy is not overhyped, he has a long list of feats for strength, speed, endurance, reaction time, and destructive capability. If you honestly think Luffy went even close to all-out against Hody I suggest you re-read the fight against Moria and Lucci, he absolutely rocked Hody on the ground, and still pwned Hody in the ocean where he was at a huge disadvantage. Keep in mind that Zoro has no feats for Haki as of yet as far as I know, you'd be hardpressed to use that in a debate right now, the only time he was using it for sure was when he sensed caribou, and that was only after Luffy even mentioned it to him so that doesn't help his case at all

Post by Madkinglord (180 posts) See mini bio Level 14

zoro has shown incredible durability and stamina and he hasn't had a tough fight since daz bones. (kuma doesn't count since n o one at that time could beat him including luffy) I will entertain the idea that luffy is faster but zoro has impeccable reaction time on top of being swordsman, this fact alone makes zoro is a very bad opponent for luffy. A good slash will kill luffy but luffy isn't one shooting zoro. Oda has a structure in which luffy fights the boss and zoro the next the sanji the next and so on you cant use that as a basis for their strength.

They both have haki and and range attacks this much could go either way.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel