Timeskip Straw Hats Vs Final Ichigo

Topic started by Ikki_Minami_ on May 19, 2013. Last post by 5th 1 year, 2 months ago.
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,220 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@solesamurai: alright then, let me break it down for you. First off I dont give a flying f##k about naruto but even he isnt as broken as Ichigo.

Luffy is the LEAST broken character of the three. First off he's got one of the most unlikely and considerably weak DF's in the series if you think about it. In fact if it were another person who didnt have super strength or speed, then this DF would be considered lame. Kings haki may be considered too much, but all it does is knock out weak willed people, and he isnt the only one on the show with it so that cant really be used! Ichigo is LITERALLY the only one in the entire series who is: a shinigami, quincy, fullbring and vizored... now the only thing missing from his line up is soul king and there you have it. Luffy needed a time skip to be as strong as he is now, naruto i cant say the same about but idgaf about him, winning over a demon of hate with the power of friendship is equally if not worse than shitty writing than what kubo has written... but it's not far off. anymore questions go ahead and ask :P if they do an actual time skip with ichigo learning about his quincy powers instead of standing in a place where time is all messed up (that was such a big plot device) then I will withdraw some of my judgement. also dont take all this the wrong way, I still love bleach, but some elements just piss me off like no other, even worse so for FT

Post by ChromeDisaster (1,099 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Ichigo wins because of the version used. If it was bankai Ichigo, they might have a better chance.

@ChromeDisaster: luffy, zoro or possibly sanji could beat him or at least have a great chance of beating ichigo on their own if it was normal ichigo

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,816 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Dangai Ichigo wins.
Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@Jinbeifan1 said:

@solesamurai: alright then, let me break it down for you. First off I dont give a flying f##k about naruto but even he isnt as broken as Ichigo.

Luffy is the LEAST broken character of the three. First off he's got one of the most unlikely and considerably weak DF's in the series if you think about it. In fact if it were another person who didnt have super strength or speed, then this DF would be considered lame. Kings haki may be considered too much, but all it does is knock out weak willed people, and he isnt the only one on the show with it so that cant really be used! Ichigo is LITERALLY the only one in the entire series who is: a shinigami, quincy, fullbring and vizored... now the only thing missing from his line up is soul king and there you have it. Luffy needed a time skip to be as strong as he is now, naruto i cant say the same about but idgaf about him, winning over a demon of hate with the power of friendship is equally if not worse than shitty writing than what kubo has written... but it's not far off. anymore questions go ahead and ask :P if they do an actual time skip with ichigo learning about his quincy powers instead of standing in a place where time is all messed up (that was such a big plot device) then I will withdraw some of my judgement. also dont take all this the wrong way, I still love bleach, but some elements just piss me off like no other, even worse so for FT

1. this is all your opinion.

2. luffy has a weak devil fruit? generally Yes paramecia types are considered weak, luffy has universally one of the most useful devil fruits shown in the series. Period, couple with haki he can muster amazing feats. Luffy's devil fruit is about as powerful as he is creative, which is vast.

3. Ichigo once again was named a pure blood early on in the series. he was always meant to be racially relevant to everything shown up to this point. Not to mention even when he is everything he only uses his Shinigami powers. So your point is moot.

4. Ichigo also had a time skip, albeit not nearly as long was still a time skip, and he gradually got all this as the story progressed. He really didn't even need a time skip, as he never truly learned anything new.

5. what shitty writing has kubo done to warrant getting this hate? ichigo has gotten nothing new in the last 5 years of bleach up til this point. luffy has a new fucking technique every chapter. yet everyone is on oda's dick constantly.

6. you know what else is a plot device? haki, that shit still doesn't remotely make sense logically, and the entire concept seemed like it was pulled out of oda's ass as a way to give luffy the ability to beat logia types, instead of thinking of something creative.

7. I doubt ichigo will use anything from his quincy powers other than Blut Vene.

8. FT is so ridiculous nowadays it started off good, but the power of friendship is OP and getting old. It's not even a manga anymore rather than a comic that preaches at us like we're 7 year olds. I only read it for boobs nowadays that's it.

@solesamurai:

1. his DF only became useful because he had his own superstrength, his own speed, and he figured out a way to make it even more useful in combat

2. a pure blood would be a full shinigami or a full quincy but no... his blood is mixed with EVERYTHING if that's what you call a pure blood, then I cant imagine what a mixed blood is :P so in reality your opinion is moot

3. exactly, all he learned was ways of making his getsuga tensho bigger... not really anything else besides that

4. The reason kubo's writing is that shitty is for that very reason... theres no damn development with ichigo or his powers, just a higher scale version of the GT, as I said in the previous statement. It's not very imaginative. He literally has one move and the rest is moving around really fast and slashing. Luffy was creative with his fighting techniques and thus has made better uses of the DF he has

5. If you really think that is all there is to haki, then you are VERY naive (nice way of saying it) Haki has more than one application, not just for nullifying logia types in which you think is all its good for. You would know that it was more creative than that if you actually paid attention

6. thats even worse, if he's gonna be a hybrid of everything he might as well use it to his advantage and do something better than making a giant slash attack. I dont like the fact that kubo did all that, but its not like anything can be done about it. Might as well use it to your advantage and give him a cool power... but knowing how much of a troll kubo is then I wont expect anything extravagent

7. fanservice is also a big part of why FT is so full of fail, but hey if thats all your looking for then yes its a good series to use

@Jinbeifan1 said:

@solesamurai:

1. his DF only became useful because he had his own superstrength, his own speed, and he figured out a way to make it even more useful in combat

2. a pure blood would be a full shinigami or a full quincy but no... his blood is mixed with EVERYTHING if that's what you call a pure blood, then I cant imagine what a mixed blood is :P so in reality your opinion is moot

3. exactly, all he learned was ways of making his getsuga tensho bigger... not really anything else besides that

4. The reason kubo's writing is that shitty is for that very reason... theres no damn development with ichigo or his powers, just a higher scale version of the GT, as I said in the previous statement. It's not very imaginative. He literally has one move and the rest is moving around really fast and slashing. Luffy was creative with his fighting techniques and thus has made better uses of the DF he has

5. If you really think that is all there is to haki, then you are VERY naive (nice way of saying it) Haki has more than one application, not just for nullifying logia types in which you think is all its good for. You would know that it was more creative than that if you actually paid attention

6. thats even worse, if he's gonna be a hybrid of everything he might as well use it to his advantage and do something better than making a giant slash attack. I dont like the fact that kubo did all that, but its not like anything can be done about it. Might as well use it to your advantage and give him a cool power... but knowing how much of a troll kubo is then I wont expect anything extravagent

7. fanservice is also a big part of why FT is so full of fail, but hey if thats all your looking for then yes its a good series to use

1. No it didn't In the OP environment Luffy's powers are incredibly useful even without super strength and speed. for instance he never has to worry about blocking things like bullets and blunt force attacks since he doesn't take damage from bullets and blunt force attacks have to be incredibly powerful to damage him.

2. I'm guessing a pure blood, is someone who has the ability to adapt to all sort of spiritual changes. Meaning his blood isn't saturated with 1 type of signature ability, he can use them all. that's what I theorize a pure blood is anyway.

3. yes, making your point about Kubo giving him everything moot, even with him getting new powers all the time he still only uses the getsuga. Even when he had hollow powers(I personally don't think he has them anymore) he never once used a cero or anything .

4. You're backtracking, First you said it was shitty because ichigo got everything, now you say it;s shitty because he doesn't get anything. Ichigo's power is universal, he never needed any development, sure more creative ways to use his powers would have been nice, but he never needed them.

5. IIRC Luffy didn''t start getting any new attacks until well after the Time Skip.

6. That isn't what I think there is all to haki, but I feel that's why it was created, Specifically because without luffy would never beat a Logia user without some sort of plot device or a Logia DF of his own.

7. That's another thing, You people use the word troll wrong. Kubo is a moron with his story, not a troll. A troll is someone who deliberately gets you interested in something and pisses you off on purpose in the midst of it. Kubo is inadvertently screwing himself over, that's a sign of incompetence not trolling.

8. Yea the fan service does ruin it. but that's all there is to look forward to it at this point. You can't honestly tell me the last time you've been like "OH WOW I WONDER WHAT'S GOING ON IN FAIRY TAIL THIS WEEK!"

@solesamurai said:

@Jinbeifan1 said:

2. luffy has a weak devil fruit? generally Yes paramecia types are considered weak, luffy has universally one of the most useful devil fruits shown in the series. Period, couple with haki he can muster amazing feats. Luffy's devil fruit is about as powerful as he is creative, which is vast.

3. Ichigo once again was named a pure blood early on in the series. he was always meant to be racially relevant to everything shown up to this point. Not to mention even when he is everything he only uses his Shinigami powers. So your point is moot.

4. Ichigo also had a time skip, albeit not nearly as long was still a time skip, and he gradually got all this as the story progressed. He really didn't even need a time skip, as he never truly learned anything new.

5. what shitty writing has kubo done to warrant getting this hate? ichigo has gotten nothing new in the last 5 years of bleach up til this point. luffy has a new fucking technique every chapter. yet everyone is on oda's dick constantly.

6. you know what else is a plot device? haki, that shit still doesn't remotely make sense logically, and the entire concept seemed like it was pulled out of oda's ass as a way to give luffy the ability to beat logia types, instead of thinking of something creative.

7. I doubt ichigo will use anything from his quincy powers other than Blut Vene.

8. FT is so ridiculous nowadays it started off good, but the power of friendship is OP and getting old. It's not even a manga anymore rather than a comic that preaches at us like we're 7 year olds. I only read it for boobs nowadays that's it.

Okay, lets start with #2.

2. Your right about that.

3. Your wrong on that one. He always uses his hollow powers when he's getting his ass kicked, or needs them to even match the strength of his opponent. And him not using cero is a fail on Ichigo's part. He saw Shinji and all the other Visoreds could do it, but didn't ask for the training (or ran off or something).

4. He did learn something. How incredibly depressed he could be without his precious little powers.

5. Here's a list of some of the things: Super unwarranted powerup (Mugetsu, which, wasn't even necessary to beat Aizen), Fullbring Arc (Now Ginjo is the first Substitute Soul Reaper? And also stupid training methods. If all he had to do was remember him using his powers, he wouldv'e had them by now) Thousand Year Arc (Now the guy is a Quincy? Im gonna lol my ass off when he somehow combines Volstandig with Bankai and become some heavenly spirit being. Okay, we knew his mom was Quincy a lonnnnng time ago, but now he has the best of 4 worlds, and still gets his ass handed to him.) He also makes it known Grimmjow is back but doesn't show his character. All of those are good reasons.

6. Look at the number of uses for Haki. Virgo uses it as a near indestructible full body armor, can be used for extrasensory awareness, can be used for empathy, can measure opponent battle strength, and can decimate an entire army (if, the soldiers are weak of heart). Besides, it's not like Luffy is the only one who can utilize haki. Damn near everyone in the New World can.

7. That's a weird statement. Knowing Ichigo, he's gonna be fighting with everything, or will need it because he would be at a great disadvantage if he didn't use more than Blut Vene.

8. You know FT very well. I only read it for Lucy's boob's as well lol. If they ever made an uncensored version (which I doubt) I would totally buy every disc set.

@ChromeDisaster said:

@solesamurai said:

@Jinbeifan1 said:

Okay, lets start with #2.

2. Your right about that.

3. Your wrong on that one. He always uses his hollow powers when he's getting his ass kicked, or needs them to even match the strength of his opponent. And him not using cero is a fail on Ichigo's part. He saw Shinji and all the other Visoreds could do it, but didn't ask for the training (or ran off or something).

4. He did learn something. How incredibly depressed he could be without his precious little powers.

5. Here's a list of some of the things: Super unwarranted powerup (Mugetsu, which, wasn't even necessary to beat Aizen), Fullbring Arc (Now Ginjo is the first Substitute Soul Reaper? And also stupid training methods. If all he had to do was remember him using his powers, he wouldv'e had them by now) Thousand Year Arc (Now the guy is a Quincy? Im gonna lol my ass off when he somehow combines Volstandig with Bankai and become some heavenly spirit being. Okay, we knew his mom was Quincy a lonnnnng time ago, but now he has the best of 4 worlds, and still gets his ass handed to him.) He also makes it known Grimmjow is back but doesn't show his character. All of those are good reasons.

6. Look at the number of uses for Haki. Virgo uses it as a near indestructible full body armor, can be used for extrasensory awareness, can be used for empathy, can measure opponent battle strength, and can decimate an entire army (if, the soldiers are weak of heart). Besides, it's not like Luffy is the only one who can utilize haki. Damn near everyone in the New World can.

7. That's a weird statement. Knowing Ichigo, he's gonna be fighting with everything, or will need it because he would be at a great disadvantage if he didn't use more than Blut Vene.

8. You know FT very well. I only read it for Lucy's boob's as well lol. If they ever made an uncensored version (which I doubt) I would totally buy every disc set.

1. ok

2. He doesn't use his hollow powers for anthing other than a power-up, which can't be considering "using" them.

3. That's not learning anything, he basically acknowledges that.

4. If you knew his mom was a quincy, why bitch about him being one? It's like you guys look for things to complain about like I already said.

5. Once again, I don't care how many uses haki has, it still was made for the purpose i posted. kluffy needed something to help against logia types, which he now has, that's an asspull IMO

7. Knowing ichigo he has a track record for half assing everything, he uses 1 technique from each style he uses and deems it 'good enough" Not weird at all, that's just how he is.

8. Agreed

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,015 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I don't get this at all. What is all the debating for?

Haki isn't uncreative or an "ass pull" as you so kindly put it. Haki is a multipurpose tool that is used in a variety of situations. Shanks used his haki to save luffy from the sea king when he lost his arm. Also haki isn't just so luffy can hit them, its so they can hit him as well. He takes no blunt force damage. Also on top of that they already have a sure fire way for him to beat logia's, he could just have zoro equip his sword sea stone and sanji equip his boots with them. Then they would simply nullify all devil fruit users they attack. And luffy's powers are very useless. If he didn't learn to fight or have his incredible strength or speed it would be a waste of time. If anything it makes him more vulnerable. In an age of pirates where swordsman are common what was to happen if he is slow and not powerful then stretches his hand to someone with a blade? They would cut it off and there ends the tale of luffy the rubberman.

Also ichigo is ridiculous at this point. Like everyone else stated the only thing he isn't is the soul king. If you count the hell arc movie ichigo was the embodiment of hell itself. That is just lulzworthy. Now ichigo is gonna get a super new weapon capable of doing everything. I wouldn't even be surprised if his hollow form got a boost as well. And its not that I hate bleach because it is awesome and I read the new chapters every Wednesday but its almost as if they just decided they didn't want to be creative with his shinigami powers and gave him new ones to hop off that barely squeezed lemon and try their hands and squeezing a new fresh one. I wouldn't be that disturbed by it if ichigo was weak in all his forms though, sort of like he was a jack of all trades that could switch between each. But he literally is the master of all. I wouldn't stop reading for something that trivial though because it is still interesting to see whats the next ridiculously impossible thing he will achieve next.

Also was anybody else confused when ichigo used the final getsuga to beat an aizen that was already way weaker than him?

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,143 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@ChromeDisaster: @taichokage: I'd like to think it's not as clear cut as you guys are making it out to be.

First, Sasuke vs Naruto is still a possibility in my mind. Just because he's going to help them now doesn't mean everyone can just kiss and make up with him after the war is over. Do you think Sasuke would just let himself be killed either? But then I guess I may be underestimating the power of talk-no-jutsu, Naruto might make some huge speech that clears Sasuke's name (if that happens then the series really will be bull). For now I'll have faith that it won't go down like that.

Second, I think the identity of the final villain depends on how long the manga has left to go. If it's going to end with the war, then Madara may well be the main villain (though not quite the final, since that could be Sasuke). But the way I see it, the shinobi alliance is going to have a huge advantage with all the kage edos coming (plus the current ones after they've been healed by Tsunade), which means something big needs to happen to make things interesting again...something like Orochimaru using the edos to betray the alliance and possibly try to take the Juubi's power for himself. I still think there is a decent chance that Oro will be the final villain of the series, I don't buy his nice-guy act for a second.

I would be pissed if the manga ends like this:

- edo kages arrive and start kicking ass, with Madara starting his rematch with Hashirama

- Juubi reaches its final stage, giving everyone a hard time

- Naruto, with the help of the kages (and Sasuke) and the power of friendship beat the Juubi, destroying it or sealing it within Naruto (which would be weird and make no sense, 2 bijuus in one body!?)

- Everyone demands Sasuke answer for his crimes, but Naruto gives a speech that lasts at least 1 chapter to clear his name. Oro is so moved that he becomes a goodie.

- Everyone goes back to Konoha for ramen, and that night Naruto gets laid with Hinata (or God forbid, Sakura). THE END.

I'll retain my faith in Kishi that it doesn't quite go down like that...

Oh and as for this fight, Ichigo wins.

Post by taichokage (12,634 posts) See mini bio Level 20
^Good post all around.^

@GIRUGAMESH: Unfortunately, Naruto will be ending with this war. Just like you said, there will be a hug reconciliation between Naruto and Sasuke, and they aren't going to fight no matter how much everyone pleads. Not to sound mean, but Kishi destroyed that possibility when Sasuke wanted to decide whither or not to destroy the village. That gets rid of Naruto's whole motivation to even fight him now. They will rebuild their friendship and Madara is gonna be like "Oh man, that reminds me of myself and hashirama. Oh guy's im so sorry about this", and he's gonna get sealed. Sasuke's crimes will be forgiven by helping everyone in the war.

Orochi isn't gonna do anything because of the overwhelming odds against him. He will not try anything with the edo kages around, plus he already got killed by Sasuke once, and Naruto would shit stomp him now. Besides, Kishi played the whole friendship thing too far this time. The tone of this whole arc is now friendship. Sasuke will end up going back to the leaf village becoming a Jonin and training other ninjas. He will also be with Karin, not Sakura, much to many peoples dismay (She's gonna be the the second gen Tsunade.) I honestly believe that Naruto will get down with Hinata and make beautiful kids after this.

But you pretty much called the remainder of the manga just about spot on. Just mad Neji died (only character I actually liked)

And as an extra thought, Naruto might let Sasuke be Hokage. I know it's his dream and all, but just reading the chapter where Hashirama was gonna let Madara be the Hokage got me thinking that.

Post by All_StarSupes (767 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I'm pretty sure there's supposed to another arc after this war arc in Naruto.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,500 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@GIRUGAMESH said:

@ChromeDisaster: @taichokage: I'd like to think it's not as clear cut as you guys are making it out to be.

First, Sasuke vs Naruto is still a possibility in my mind. Just because he's going to help them now doesn't mean everyone can just kiss and make up with him after the war is over. Do you think Sasuke would just let himself be killed either? But then I guess I may be underestimating the power of talk-no-jutsu, Naruto might make some huge speech that clears Sasuke's name (if that happens then the series really will be bull). For now I'll have faith that it won't go down like that.

Second, I think the identity of the final villain depends on how long the manga has left to go. If it's going to end with the war, then Madara may well be the main villain (though not quite the final, since that could be Sasuke). But the way I see it, the shinobi alliance is going to have a huge advantage with all the kage edos coming (plus the current ones after they've been healed by Tsunade), which means something big needs to happen to make things interesting again...something like Orochimaru using the edos to betray the alliance and possibly try to take the Juubi's power for himself. I still think there is a decent chance that Oro will be the final villain of the series, I don't buy his nice-guy act for a second.

I would be pissed if the manga ends like this:

- edo kages arrive and start kicking ass, with Madara starting his rematch with Hashirama

- Juubi reaches its final stage, giving everyone a hard time

- Naruto, with the help of the kages (and Sasuke) and the power of friendship beat the Juubi, destroying it or sealing it within Naruto (which would be weird and make no sense, 2 bijuus in one body!?)

- Everyone demands Sasuke answer for his crimes, but Naruto gives a speech that lasts at least 1 chapter to clear his name. Oro is so moved that he becomes a goodie.

- Everyone goes back to Konoha for ramen, and that night Naruto gets laid with Hinata (or God forbid, Sakura). THE END.

I'll retain my faith in Kishi that it doesn't quite go down like that...

Oh and as for this fight, Ichigo wins.

Lol I have a feeling that the manga will end exactly how you just described lol. Naruto's been very predictable from the start, the Tobi = Obito thing was so obvious yet so many people want to disbelieve it because of how obvious it was. Lets be honest, Naruto isn't really the most clever manga ever written and the most obvious outcome is likely going to be the actual outcome.

Hopefully (and I do mean hopefully) we're both wrong.

Also the only part you've missed out there is

-Obito agrees with Kakashi and then sacrifices himself to save Naruto from one of Madara's attacks or sacrifices himself in one way or another. Obito's definitely going to become a good guy soon.

@All_StarSupes: For what reason? It wouldn't be feasible. They can end it all here, because as far as im concerned, all questions have just about been answered. There is nothing good left for Naruto except him having kids or becoming hokage. Other than that, Kishi is just trying to get as much as he can out of Naruto before it becomes irrelevant.

Post by All_StarSupes (767 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@ChromeDisaster: Why do you think they made the new Dragonball movie? It's all about money and staying in the limelight, even it's to the detriment of the manga.

@All_StarSupes: I totally agree. That was an unnecessary move. If there is a new anime coming, I might not be watching.

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Ichigo one shots with a swing of his sword

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,224 posts) See mini bio Level 10

o.o

Do I even want to kill this thread? Nah too stupid.

How long will Ichigo be in this form? Will he be able to take everyone out fast enough?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel