Timeskip Roronoa Zoro Vs Grand Magic Games Arc Laxus Dreyar

Topic started by Ikki_Minami_ on Sept. 13, 2013. Last post by Jinbeifan1 10 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by Ikki_Minami_ (967 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Timeskip Roronoa Zoro Vs Grand Magic Games Arc Laxus Dreyar

Rules

Scenario 1: In character

Scenario 2: bloodlusted

- No holding back

- Both serious

- No prep

- No morality

- Win by death

Post by othus12 (6,403 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

good fight but i would give it to zoro just because of haki

Post by EraserCannon (522 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Pre-Skip Zoro would take this with some difficulty.

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,690 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Is Fairy Tail strong enough to contend with TS strawhats now? I dropped the series when Natsu miraculously beat Hades so I haven't been keeping up

Post by othus12 (6,403 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@ImDictatorBowDown: yeah they have been getting quite ridiculous. specially natsu and erza.

Post by Grinpatch (94 posts) See mini bio Level 8

BL Laxus? he can solo one piece since he is from Fairy Tail xD

Nakama Power !

Post by Echelon9 (217 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@othus12: Haki is only most effective with those with weak wills, and Laxus obviously is not weak willed. Fairy Tail is basically the king of shonen willpower thanks to the power of love and friendship.

@ImDictatorBowDown: Natsu did not defeat Hades. It took the combined efforts 6 mages with a heavy assist to take him out. That's like saying Goku single-handedly beat Kid Buu.

Post by AnimeDefender (2,662 posts) See mini bio Level 12

LAXUS FTW!!!!!

@Echelon9: Sorry but in my eyes it just seems like a deus ex machina that Mashima conjured up in order for his protagonists to win fight that they had no business winning

@ImDictatorBowDown: Oh really? Because I see those types of parallels in other shonen series as well. Hades losing because his heart was destroyed reminds me of... The spirit bomb defeating Kid Buu, Naruto defeating Nagato and convincing him to sacrifice his life for his cause, Ichigo manhandling Aizen after a few short episodes of training with shady storytelling that felt rushed.

Unless you're willing to say the same for those types of moments, don't go singling out one series.

@Echelon9: I never said that other series didn't do it, nor did I say Fairy Tail was bad, I'm simply tired of the answer to all the worlds problems being friendship, I have no problem with series using these events every once in a while so long as they are explained later but he uses it literally every arc and he rarely explains it (how is it that Natsu can eat God Flames when he just a few minutes ago got his ass burned by them) Friendship is usesd to justify giving characters unexplained powerups and letting Natsu win via the famous NAKAMA Punch and to me that just seems lazy, it's fine if you disagree but this is my opinion bro

@ImDictatorBowDown: Fairy Tail is a feel good series where the characters always succeed. What did you expect from a series called Fairy Tail? It's a pun on words for a reason. As far as explaining dynamics Mashima does do that. Natsu was able to eat Zancrow's flames by emptying his body of magical energy and re-calibrating it so that he could ingest the God flames. The "how" was answered. If you are asking "why" that's a dynamic that hasn't been revealed as the relationship between dragons and dragon slayers is still fuzzy.

@Echelon9: To each their own

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Roronoa Zoro should take this guy out

@ImDictatorBowDown:

You was lucky, FT got badder as it go on :)

Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,225 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Zoro, in fact all three of the monster trio dare I say, could beat the entire guild, master included :P Sanji is more arguable, but Luffy and Zoro... not so much

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel