Thor VS Goku/Vegeta/Gohan

Topic started by CerberusPrime3k on May 6, 2012. Last post by FalconC2 2 years ago.
Post by ReiKai (3,510 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Thor is FTL. As is Surfer (massively). And Beta Ray Bill. And numerous other Marvel chars. Easily FTL. Thousands of times FTL. Heck, back when Drax could fly he was matching the Surfer's speed at, what? 500billion times the speed of light?

It's been done to freaking death, Thor shitstomps DBZ. So enough with resurrecting the dead, dried up and desecrated arguments.
Post by shonen (846 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@ReiKai said:

Thor is FTL. As is Surfer (massively). And Beta Ray Bill. And numerous other Marvel chars. Easily FTL. Thousands of times FTL. Heck, back when Drax could fly he was matching the Surfer's speed at, what? 500billion times the speed of light? It's been done to freaking death, Thor shitstomps DBZ. So enough with resurrecting the dead, dried up and desecrated arguments.

traveling speed=/=Combat speed fallacy.

Good example Roshi runs a 100 m in 10.5 ms, yet catches machine gun fire with bare hands.
Post by Job (131 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@ReiKai: No he isn't. No one is marvel is FTL without Hyperspace, which is a portal. And i've already posted the scans showing Surfer isn't FTL, but uses hyperspace. It even stated he uses Hyperspace in his Annihilation stats. If the arguments are anything like yours (stating things that arent true and then swearing like a child when people state facts and dont see things your way) or like the arguments of others I've read (stating things that aren't true and using feats that Thor hasn't been capable of for almost half a century) then this isn't as solid as you think it is. I haven't even stated who u think would win, just pointed out how people like YOU don't know what they're talking about. If you think CURRENT Thor can win, then present a case based on things he can actually do/still do. No wonder this site is dead. Everywhere i look someones stating something that isn't remotely true. And that goes for both comic and manga characters. Animevice seems to have built a solid community of like minded individuals who don't know squat.

Thor has flown FTL in space. Has shown FTL reaction to catch the Surfer. Surfer has shown FTL speed in combat. Thor can stop bullet on other side of the planet. Honestly, it's completely ridiculous that you'd even bother bringing up this bullshit again.

@ReiKai: So even when scans are presented of thor and the surfer themselves stating they use Hyperspace, you come back with They're FTL? Like i said. Like minded individuals who don't know squat. Also flagged. No one in Marvel can reach faster than light speeds, without the use of hyperspace. Feel free to curse about it some more.

Both -Can- access hyperspace. Does not mean they always use it. Thor doesn't even Need to use it since he can Teleport with Mjolnir via creating Interdimensional Portals.

Shall we recall the age old Gauntlet Grab with the Surfer? Where he crossed a lightyear in an instant? A lightyear, mind you, is the Distance Light travels in an Earthly Year (365 days). The speed of Surfer's movement had been easily calculated over 30million times the speed of light. And Thanos dodged him. Without Precognitive powers.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,240 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@shonen:

You do know that the Surfer have to have FTL reaction to travel space, since meteors, planets, stars, and other things in space. So he won't be crashing into things or destroying them. So his traveling and combat speed should be the same or have the an ability that let him see where he going. I have to look in the Marvel Unlimited to find a scan of it

Surfer does have super-visions. Like dozens of them. More than freakin Superman. He can even see backwards and forwards in time to a degree.

@ReiKai said:

Both -Can- access hyperspace. Does not mean they always use it. Thor doesn't even Need to use it since he can Teleport with Mjolnir via creating Interdimensional Portals. Shall we recall the age old Gauntlet Grab with the Surfer? Where he crossed a lightyear in an instant? A lightyear, mind you, is the Distance Light travels in an Earthly Year (365 days). The speed of Surfer's movement had been easily calculated over 30million times the speed of light. And Thanos dodged him. Without Precognitive powers.

As i've just stated No one can go FTL without Hyperspace. Are you stating Thor can teleport in regards to his battle with Goku (who has instant transmission) or are you stating this because you think He doesn't need Hyperspace?

Sure YOU could, and then i can post the scans showing he was nowhere near a light speed away, and that it was just something fanboys made up.

@Destinyheroknight said:

@shonen:

You do know that the Surfer have to have FTL reaction to travel space, since meteors, planets, stars, and other things in space. So he won't be crashing into things or destroying them. So his traveling and combat speed should be the same or have the an ability that let him see where he going. I have to look in the Marvel Unlimited to find a scan of it

And for the 6billionth time. He uses hyperspace. Which is a completely different dimension.

@Destinyheroknight said:

@shonen:

Yet he gets tag in normal circumstances by people with way below FTL speeds. So we can't just assume we go by how the character is portrayed on a consistent basis in battle.

@Job:

Well, the comics I have read of Surfer have him flying in space more then using hyperspace. (Also he escape a Black Hole)

So you can keep saying that, until the cows come home. I probably wouldn't believe you, unless you show me all of Silver Surfer series and show him using hyperspace more

So I suggest you give up on me, since you probably won't be able to change my mind about. But I will keep what you say in mind

@shonen:

Well, the comics I have been reading, it goes back and forth. Sometime he is able to face powerful beings who can destroy planets with a thought and then the next one he get beat up by Captain America. And that is the problem with comics, they don't have consistency (The only one who have consistency is Squirrel girl LOL!). So basically I going by common feats I see of the characters, not the strongest or the weakest. If I read mostly comics of Surfer getting his butt kick by Black Widow on a daily basis, then I be on your side.

I do like having Unlimited, I look at comic feats with my own eyes and not going by someone else opinions about them

@Destinyheroknight said:

@shonen:

Well, the comics I have been reading, it goes back and forth. Sometime he is able to face powerful beings who can destroy planets with a thought and then the next one he get beat up by Captain America. And that is the problem with comics, they don't have consistency (The only one who have consistency is Squirrel girl LOL!). So basically I going by common feats I see of the characters, not the strongest or the weakest. If I read mostly comics of Surfer getting his butt kick by Black Widow on a daily basis, then I be on your side.

I do like having Unlimited, I look at comic feats with my own eyes and not going by someone else opinions about them

Post 10 scans of silver surfer fighting at FTL(not travelling) speeds in different battles.

@shonen:

Post 10 scans of silver surfer fighting at FTL(not travelling) speeds in different battles.

LOL! This is funny, you have not even post the titles of the comic books you got the scan of Spidery beating the Surfer to me yet. You just basically ignore me. (I really want to read them)

So, I just not going to get them. Since it would take me awhile to get them and I to lazy to go through my history on Unlimited (and I also still mad at you for ignoring me)

Post by valfranx (194 posts) See mini bio Level 10

as I said in another topic.

"The fact is we can not use the feats of the films in the anime / manga, precisely because there is a huge difference in power scaling, if broly did the feat of destroying a galaxy in its base form, and gohan says in the movie 10, that the SSJ2 surpassed the broly in movie 8, then this tells us that SP Cell and SSJ2 Gohan, are far above the galaxy buster is broly movie 8, which destroyed a galaxy, so the movies, these upgrades do not count towards the anime / manga, because films are spin-offs that occur in another different timeline and different power scaling. If ssj1 goku in the movie 5, creating a huge explosion that could destroy the planets and the sun, just because of the feat has put ssj1 on level of the SP Cell and SSJ2 in anime / manga and SSJ2 level in the well over a SSJ3, which is supposed to be multi-ss buster. a SSJ3 in movies should be equivalent to a buugotenks on anime/manga,as well as buuhan that were placed in power as universal. Seeing such a huge difference in power scaling of movies for the anime / manga, and quite capable of a version of the gogeta or Vegito in the movies to be able to handle all characters gt is even ssj4 gogeta.

A good example is the cell in the saga androids that are much more powerful than the androids of the future of trunks."

Well Goku's blast didn't destroy the Sun in Movie 5 I think it was? It made a big explosion with Cooler's attack but that's it. It didn't affect the sun at all. So even then he's still not a sunbuster.

Regardless, Cell has never actually destroyed a Star or a solar-system, so his claims are all hyperbole because there is no evidence to back him. On the other hand with Brolly, the first minute of the movie was showcasing his crazy effing destructive power.

In any case, the movies don't even matter here. The Z-cast may only be estimated as capable of destroying an object the size of our Sun, but that's it. Thor has consistently been in the same league as the Surfer, and can absorb vast quantities of energy with Mjolnir. To which he's gone from knocking the Surfer around to dropping a Celestial on its ass and even making Galactus stagger. Unrestricted Thor has Time Travel with Mjolnir, which Requires him to whirl the damn thing at FTL speeds in order to activate it.

I'm also going to point out Thor can survive in a vacuum while they can't. It pretty much can go like this if you wanted to be technical about things. Only Thor wouldn't be complaining.

@ReiKai:   Although you've misconstrued facts concerning the movies and the way Ki blast work, i wont bother arguing it because i agree that the movie are not canon and thus shouldn't even be mentioned here. 

Thor has consistently been in the same league as the Surfer, and can absorb vast quantities of energy with Mjolnir. To which he's gone from knocking the Surfer around to dropping a Celestial on its ass and even making Galactus stagger. Unrestricted Thor has Time Travel with Mjolnir, which Requires him to whirl the damn thing at FTL speeds in order to activate it.

Yes and it has been shown that Thor does not alwyas absorb all the energy thats directed at him. Galactus has staggered from being hit by the thing and Reed Richards and a celestial has been hurt by sue richards (granted her power comes from hyperspace). And the celestial was unhurt, and Thor's hammer was destroyed even attempting it. Immortus removed the power to time travel from Mjolnir decades ago. 

I'm also going to point out Thor can survive in a vacuum while they can't. It pretty much can go like this if you wanted to be technical about things. Only Thor wouldn't be complaining. 

Bardock, Goku and Gotenks have all been shown on panel surviving  in the vacuums of space. Never mind the fact that he has Instant transmission.
Post by Blindside (1,003 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Job: Since when did Sue Richards' power come from hyperspace? Her DNA got altered by cosmic radiation.

You keep saying Goku can use Instant Transmission, but ignore the fact that Thor can teleport (which is all IT really is) too.

That said, I think Thor would lose here.

Give us a more powerful version and he could win. Rune King, for instance, would barely even need to exert himself.

@Blindside said:

@Job: Since when did Sue Richards' power come from hyperspace? Her DNA got altered by cosmic radiation.

You keep saying Goku can use Instant Transmission, but ignore the fact that Thor can teleport (which is all IT really is) too.

That said, I think Thor would lose here.

Give us a more powerful version and he could win. Rune King, for instance, would barely even need to exert himself.

Thor opens up portals and walk through them..goku thinks and moves instantly throwing planet busters in your face...big difference. 

Agree with the rest
Goku doesn't insta-port-slapyour face. Instant Transmission works by first Sensin a Persons Ki to lock in on and Then transporting yourself to said location. Goku has to either; 1) Prepare an attack before using IT or B) Use one after using IT which won't be as powerful. Neither of which is all that effective as;

1. Thor's not gonna stand there and let Goku prep an attack
2a. Thor can absorb Goku's ki blasts with Mjolnir
2b. Thor can then augment the power via Mjolnir and fire it back at Goku with magnified intensity.
3. Thor and other Marvel bricks are known for Planet-Busting strength. Combine with nigh-indestructible plot-device hammer and you get Saiyan Gumbo.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel