Thor VS Goku/Vegeta/Gohan

Topic started by CerberusPrime3k on May 6, 2012. Last post by FalconC2 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by eddz99 (2,511 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@ohgodwhy: If they fuse into gogeta ssj2 they will be more than 100x stronger so.. gogeta ssj2 can destroy sun easily

Post by ohgodwhy (1,541 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@eddz99: Afraid not. SS2 Gogeta has a power level 2,500,000,000 which if you put into my calculations still not enough power to destroy the Sun. It's not his official power level but it's the closest thing we have.

He might be able to trigger some kind of reaction which could cause the Sun to explode but I don't think he has the power to make the Sun explode using his own power.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,947 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@ohgodwhy: Are you multiplying off of the last official power levels or just making a speculation using power levels. I'm asking because shouldn't Gogeta be able to destroy the Solar System like Cell was stated to be able to do?

@ohgodwhy: Actually... Since SSJ3 was no match vs Janemba and ssj3 is more than 3x stronger than ssj2. and ssj2 gogeta kicked his hell ass without even moving... we can assume that SSj2 gogeta is much stronger than vegeta + goku.. i can assume that the formula is this.. Vegeta + Goku x 10 to 100.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@eddz99: Thor would destroy Gogeta even without being hulked out. Ordinary Thor has insane energy-absorption powers. He absorbed all of the energy of a galaxy-busting bomb into Mjolnir. He moves at ridiculous FTL speeds, even blitzing SS at one point. His Godblast is insanely powerful that even some of the most powerful beings in Marvel U fear it. And then there's the matter of physical strength. Thor is far above anyone in DBZ and DBGT in terms of strength. He can also project enough energy to harm SS who can't even be scratched by a black hole.

ND

Post by t3h_bash (53 posts) See mini bio Level 7

If the Dragon Ball crew are in character Thor wins. Knowing them, they'd take turns fighting him instead of overwhelming him together.

@Newdeath: Well if you're talking bout ssj4 gogeta.. i think thor might lose..

Post by ReiKai (3,515 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Thor wins in 3 blows. The End.

@ReiKai: Except if it's ssj4 gogeta >:)

Post by Yusuke52 (426 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@eddz99: You're right, then it would only take two blows to kill them.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@eddz99: SSJ4 Gogeta can only exist for 10 minutes, that's nowhere near enough to defeat Thor. And even then I don't think they'd be strong enough. Thor's Godblast was powerful enough to scare Galactus away, nobody in DBZ to DBGT can even compare to half of Galactus' power. With all of the hax powers that Thor possesses, it's simply ridiculous. He can transmute all of his opponents into grains of sand if he wanted or he could instantly absorb all their ki energy once the start fights. And all of those things, are things that ordinary Thor does. The Thor in this thread is hulked out which is basically Thor + the Hulk's strength and durability making him even more powerful than before.

ND

Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@ohgodwhy: Are you multiplying off of the last official power levels or just making a speculation using power levels. I'm asking because shouldn't Gogeta be able to destroy the Solar System like Cell was stated to be able to do?

Cell was using hyperbole, the guy didn't do anything close so how he would muster up a blast 2 light years long seems beyond me. He'll if he survived such an attack I'd be in shock.

@Newdeath said:

@eddz99: SSJ4 Gogeta can only exist for 10 minutes, that's nowhere near enough to defeat Thor. And even then I don't think they'd be strong enough. Thor's Godblast was powerful enough to scare Galactus away, nobody in DBZ to DBGT can even compare to half of Galactus' power. With all of the hax powers that Thor possesses, it's simply ridiculous. He can transmute all of his opponents into grains of sand if he wanted or he could instantly absorb all their ki energy once the start fights. And all of those things, are things that ordinary Thor does. The Thor in this thread is hulked out which is basically Thor + the Hulk's strength and durability making him even more powerful than before.

ND

A better word would be fraction of Galactus' power. Thor's already waaaayyy more durable than the Hulk, his durability wouldn't add much to his.

@t3h_bash said:

If the Dragon Ball crew are in character Thor wins. Knowing them, they'd take turns fighting him instead of overwhelming him together.

They'll have a difficult time hurting him as is, overwhelming him is unlikely.

@SpeedForceSpider said:

I made up a little a maths formula on page 2, you can check it out if you like. It might not be entirely accurate but I was trying to take into account the minimum power required to take out planet Earth which I think I worked out to be about 9800. Then from that point on I just scaled upwards given the official power levels provided and in DBZ power levels are increased in a linear amount so it kind of makes sense. I came to the conclusion that Cell could probably have taken out a couple of planets with one blast, but didn't have anywhere near the power to live up to his claim.

I've heard the each transformation provided a x2 power up from the one before. This is also what's stated on DB wiki. SS3 Goku would have a power level of 600,000,000 at his very base form, obviously he was a lot stronger than this given his training. So if you think about it like that, Gogeta may not be x10 stronger but he definitely was at least twice as strong which is still massive nonetheless.

@Newdeath: Wait im gonna make another thread to explain..

Post by Job (131 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@Hellos said:

Even Beta Ray Bill was going planet to planet fighting Stardust and ends up nailing her through a planet shattering it in the process. And given how a critically wounded Thor went on to fight the Silver Surfer for multiple books under Fraction, even going as far to just face tank a direct blast without so much as budging, he is a lot more powerful than Bill is at the moment.
Now if Hyperspace actually had these characters not interacting just fine with normal space you'd have an argument. Sadly, that isn't the case.

He did so with a energy attack (repeated at that) not physical strength. So why even bother mentioning it as if Goku couldn't do the same? Considering how Fraction is a terrible writer, and Surfers and Thors more recent fights have shown them to be even i'd say you mentioning Fractions writing is irrelevant.

Hypersapce doesn't and shouldn't allow people to interact with each other. If any writer has portrayed it that way, they got it wrong. As you can see in the scan below, and as shown by Nova Corp members, Hyperspace is essentially a portal to another dimension. You enter it, leave 616 dimension, and then you leave it reentering 616 dimension. Marvel describes it this way, and it has been portrayed this way since its inception. And it has always been shown that people who use Hyperspace can only travel in a straight line.

@Sonata:

Man epic fail in your very first post, yeah I would stay away too if I were you.

Epic fail for stating facts? Thats cute.

@Supreme Marvel said:

Here is Silver Surfer
Here is Silver Surfer

@Sonata: That kid knows nothing. Epic fail on his part.

You're right, i know nothing.

I dont know that silver surfer wasnt even using his own speed, but was spit out of a portal created by someone else.

And i don't know that this is a picture of Surfer using Hyperspace

I mean did you even bother reading your own scan? Obviously not. It states in your own scan that a whole in space opened up and spit the Surfer out. But it's good to know that folks like @Sonata liked your scan so much. It makes his mocking even more laughable in my eyes.

Post by shonen (846 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Newdeath said:

@MisterShin: Thor is fast enough to blitz Goku before he can use IT. He blitzed SS recently.

Broly did it over time, which is why there was a surviving planet for Goku to look for Broly's ki.

Nothing in the anime suggests they can match Thor's level of power. And their energy attacks can just be absorbed into Mjolnir since he's already absorbed the energy from a bomb that was going to destroy an entire galaxy.

ND

Silver surfer combat speed sucks. Goku solos/thread.

Post by Job (131 posts) See mini bio Level 6

@Newdeath said:

@Job: You're kidding right? You really wanna debate whether or not Thor is an FTL moving planet-buster with insanely hax powers, with all of the countless feats he has? You did yourself a favor by staying out of this.

Thor is not FTL. Nor is anyone else in marvel. They use Hyperspace. Thor stated this himself. If you had actually read a comic in your life you'd know this. Yes the countless feats he has, most of which are not even canon anymore. Like the majority of the ones you've listed in this thread. Thor is not at classic thor power levels, and yet for some reason the majority of your feats are classic Thor's feats. If you were so sure of yourself you'd actually post him lifting planet sized created in a comic from the last 40 years. But you didn't, did you? You're right i did do myself a favor. It's almost pointless arguing with fanboys who don't know the characters they debate.

@ohgodwhy said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:

I made up a little a maths formula on page 2, you can check it out if you like. It might not be entirely accurate but I was trying to take into account the minimum power required to take out planet Earth which I think I worked out to be about 9800. Then from that point on I just scaled upwards given the official power levels provided and in DBZ power levels are increased in a linear amount so it kind of makes sense. I came to the conclusion that Cell could probably have taken out a couple of planets with one blast, but didn't have anywhere near the power to live up to his claim.

I've heard the each transformation provided a x2 power up from the one before. This is also what's stated on DB wiki. SS3 Goku would have a power level of 600,000,000 at his very base form, obviously he was a lot stronger than this given his training. So if you think about it like that, Gogeta may not be x10 stronger but he definitely was at least twice as strong which is still massive nonetheless.

About that

SSJ X50

SSJ 2 X 2 stronger than SSJ

SSJ 3 X 4 stronger than SSJ 2

If where going the whole linear route.

one solar mass is about 330,000 times that of Earth. Destroying the sun triggers a super nova which can destroy the solar sysem

Assuming a linear power progression, the power necessary to destroy the Earth would be: 322(81)=~26,082. You'll recall that Vegeta's Galic Gun was more powerful then he was, since it matched Goku's KKx3 Kamehameha evenly whereas KKx3 Goku was pummeling Vegeta. So it could look something like this:

For timeliness' sake, I'll use the rounded numbers of 26,000 and 330,000 to represent destructive power and solar mass respectively, and 2 for blast multiplier (since it is possible for blasts to double one's power).

26,000(330,000)/2= 4,290,000,000

Gogeta PL is 2,500,000,000

So SSJ 2 Gogeta is 5,000,000,000 which is Solar System buster+

SSJ 3 Gogeta is 20,000,000,000 which is 4 solar systems

---

This is all assuming that Power levels scale linearly, and those PL listed are actually cannon.

--

Goku can't be at 600,000,000 at his very base by end of series since cooler is 450,000,000 according to official files and he is way weaker than kid buu who equals uub, which goku fought in base about even at end of db.

@shonen: The Sun can't turn into a supernova because it isn't massive enough, the most they could probably hope for is an explosion reaching near Jupiter (Given the extra energy input).

Although fair point about Gogeta, if he goes SSJ2 then he should have the energy output necessary to destroy the Sun. I haven't done the calculations right now but it's believable.

The SSJ3 calculations about being able to destroy 4 solar systems is way off. There's only so big an explosion the Sun can cause despite how much energy someone pumps into it. It's a well know fact that if the Sun naturally goes Red Giant, it will have a radius that exceeds that of Earth's and possibly reaches Mars before turning into a nebulae. The Sun simply doesn't have the mass to turn supernova and therefore the entire solar system cannot be destroyed in one attack using such a method. Rather the calculation would have been more accurate if you had said something like SSJ3 Gogeta is able to destroy 4 solar masses, which is still very impressive given the size of the Sun in comparison to the Earth.

Also I said Goku SSJ3 would be 600,000,000 at the very least, but obviously he is a lot stronger than that probably well above 1,000,000,000, maybe closer to 6,000,000,000 seeing as SSJ2 is around about Broly's level.

But as I've stated before, PLs after Frieza saga are bullshit anyway and don't make much sense and this is all hypothetical. I try not to think too much into it now.

@ohgodwhy said:

@shonen: The Sun can't turn into a supernova because it isn't massive enough, the most they could probably hope for is an explosion reaching near Jupiter (Given the extra energy input).

Although fair point about Gogeta, if he goes SSJ2 then he should have the energy output necessary to destroy the Sun. I haven't done the calculations right now but it's believable.

The SSJ3 calculations about being able to destroy 4 solar systems is way off. There's only so big an explosion the Sun can cause despite how much energy someone pumps into it. It's a well know fact that if the Sun naturally goes Red Giant, it will have a radius that exceeds that of Earth's and possibly reaches Mars before turning into a nebulae. The Sun simply doesn't have the mass to turn supernova and therefore the entire solar system cannot be destroyed in one attack using such a method. Rather the calculation would have been more accurate if you had said something like SSJ3 Gogeta is able to destroy 4 solar masses, which is still very impressive given the size of the Sun in comparison to the Earth.

Also I said Goku SSJ3 would be 600,000,000 at the very least, but obviously he is a lot stronger than that probably well above 1,000,000,000, maybe closer to 6,000,000,000 seeing as SSJ2 is around about Broly's level.

But as I've stated before, PLs after Frieza saga are bullshit anyway and don't make much sense and this is all hypothetical. I try not to think too much into it now.

You should of just added this video at the end for emphasis

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel