The Zodiac Gauntlet (Read OP)

Topic started by 5th on Feb. 2, 2013. Last post by 5th 1 year, 10 months ago.
Post by 5th (1,405 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Yup, you got it! These are the new Gold Saints of Saint Seiya! Except the fact that the majority of them are traitors of Athena!

So the Gauntlet starts like this:

1. Aries Kiki
  2. Taurus Harbinger
  3. Gemini Paradox
  4. Cancer Schiller
  5. Leo Mycenae
  6. Virgo Fudo
  7. Libra Dohko
  8. Scorpio Sonia (With full control over the Scorpio Cloth)
  9. Sagittarius Seiya (Just Omega's version, with the limitation of not having God Cloth or the Pegasus Cloth)
  10. Capricorn Ionia (Blood lusted)
  11. Aquarius Tokisada
  12. Pisces Amor

Rules:

1. No Skyfathers
  2. Character should at least be up to Solar Level
  3. Any questions for the GS power ranking in Omega will be answered
  4. I'm afraid I cannot provide manga feats or much scans because this version is entirely an anime, so please take my word for it.

Take Note: (The majority of the Gold Saints on Omega aren't so really fast so don't confuse them with the Original)

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,084 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Vegito. And he clears it. Omega's saints are pathetic compared to the original.

@SpeedForceSpider: I highly doubt he would clear it... Probably stops at Seiya.

And we can't forget how Libra Genbu is the fastest Gold Saint, he basically outran TIME literally

Post by Fehafare (9,641 posts) See mini bio Level 13

El Cid and his Lost Canvas bros clear this shit up.

@5th: I don't doubt it. If Seiya was as strong as he was originally he would have one shotted Mars. Or at least put up a better fight. There is nothing that suggests he is as strong as in the Hades arc. The silly new cloths appeared to have made everyone weaker to me. And mars defeating the original saints are proof enough. And even with out running time Vegito still has the power to one shot almost everyone here.

@SpeedForceSpider: Still doubt it, FTL and atomic destruction is all you need to deal with about any DBZ/GT character.

And i assume that's a bare minimum to be capable of if you are calling yourself a Gold Saint.

@Fehafare: Actually no its not. Because if you actually watch Omega they only stated they can reach light speed and there is no indication of atomic destruction. And those "corrupt" Gold saints aren't the same as Athena's.

@SpeedForceSpider: Well fuck them then.

As if female Gemini wasn't enough.

@Fehafare: Exactly they are piss weak and a disgrace to all previous Gold saints. They were not chosen by the cloths like the others. Mars just forcefully gave it to them. I don't even think they can tap into the cloths full potential. Hell, one of them are so weak, he is a slave to the cloth.

@SpeedForceSpider: I agree on that but, I could list a few reasons why the Gold Saints look incredibly weak compared to their predecessors.

1. The Bronze Saints had achieved Aria's crystal light thingy which basically made their Cloths rival the Gold Cloths
  2. Aries Kiki also fixed their cloths and gave away the secret behind the Seventh Sense
  3. Toei obviously loves asspulls

I'm extremely disappointed of the anime myself though find some entertainment in watching it

But, Vegito isn't necessarily LS or FTL without IT however, he does have FTL reactions which should keep him on par with the number of Gold Saints.

Now where I feel he would lose at:

Libra Genbu - Still managed to move fast enough to blitz Tokisada despite Tokisada slowing down Time (That'd probably put him FTL)

Capricorn Ionia - His words are said to be Absolute, and that's not all but he managed to control a Darkness Kouga who was tossing Schiller around (Note Schiller had fast enough reactions to counter both Ryu Sei Kei and Rozan Dragon from a Kouga and Ryuho who both just mastered the Seventh Sense *Allows them to move Light Speed and beyond*)

Pisces Amor - He curbstomp Leo Mycenae without even breaking a sweat, though Leo is a incredibly weak Gold Saint

@Fehafare: El Cid wouldn't do shit because the mentioning of the Seventh Sense was never brought up in LC

Not saying LC is weaker (In fact, they're a lot more stronger than the Original)

But they're REALLY SLOW, the Original will always be the fastest.

El Cid doesn't have the speed to keep up with either of the Gold Saints.

@5th: I'm not saying its a complete pile of horse shit. I am on the fight with Pisces Amor. But damn they really didn't do the old series justice. Leo Aiolia and Gemini Saga/Kanon were pure awesomeness. I was kinda irritated at the lack of Lightning Plasma/Bolt and Galaxian Explosion. And Toei screwed DBZ up too and exaggerated most of the fights then from the manga. And Vegito is easily relativistic, which is enough to put him on par with these saints speed wise.

And to say LC is overall stronger than the original is ludicrous. There are some saints stronger and weaker than their counterparts. For example, Shaka would lolstomp Asmita.

@5th: From what i remember LS takes every single concept from the original and all the GL ARE considered MFTL like the original counterparts.

@Fehafare: Actually, the only techniques I could regard as being FTL in the series were Leo's Regulus' Lighting Plasma

I haven't really seen or witnessed any FTL or even light speed going on in LC

Cancer Manigoldo was caught off guard by just flies

A bunch of muck and mud stopped the Bronze Saints and even was a threat to a Gold Saint!

Looked to me Benu dodged a suppose FTL attack just by stepping away (Note, didn't even look that way on panel compared to the original)

Pisces Albafica roses were on short in terms of speed compared to the Original Pisces who blitz Shun with his roses that were FTL

Yeah, there's your FTL. I could at least put them on light speed, not trying to hate on LC but they're just slow.

In fact, I adore Lost Canvas and expect a continuation of the series in the future (I HOPE).

@5th: Don't know but most forums go with the thing that they are FTL. They do introduce the 7th and 8th sense and all other concepts of the original. Just because FTL isn't mentioned word for word i wouldn't throw it out. It is also a (non-canon) prequal to it taking some of the characters so it would be non-sensical for it not to be on the level. Feats are pretty much unneeded with 7th sense and those things can be written of as PIS.

So yeah they are FTL in my book. And i doubt there will be a continuation as they have no way to go, right after it comes the original, most characters are dead and squezzing something in between would feel half-assed.

@Fehafare: I guess you could say that about LC not coming back but, I heard after the movie they're producing this Summer, Kuramada is coming up with another of his own projects for Saint Seiya.

So either he makes a series for the Next Dimension or Episode G, or he remakes Saint Seiya the Original with far better animation and quality.

Post by TheVectorPrime (269 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Fehafare said:

El Cid and his Lost Canvas bros clear this shit up.

@SpeedForceSpider

said:

Vegito. And he clears it. Omega's saints are pathetic compared to the original.

@5th

said:

Yup, you got it! These are the new Gold Saints of Saint Seiya! Except the fact that the majority of them are traitors of Athena!

So the Gauntlet starts like this:

1. Aries Kiki
  2. Taurus Harbinger
  3. Gemini Paradox
  4. Cancer Schiller
  5. Leo Mycenae
  6. Virgo Fudo
  7. Libra Dohko
  8. Scorpio Sonia (With full control over the Scorpio Cloth)
  9. Sagittarius Seiya (Just Omega's version, with the limitation of not having God Cloth or the Pegasus Cloth)
  10. Capricorn Ionia (Blood lusted)
  11. Aquarius Tokisada
  12. Pisces Amor

Rules:

1. No Skyfathers
  2. Character should at least be up to Solar Level
  3. Any questions for the GS power ranking in Omega will be answered
  4. I'm afraid I cannot provide manga feats or much scans because this version is entirely an anime, so please take my word for it.

Take Note: (The majority of the Gold Saints on Omega aren't so really fast so don't confuse them with the Original)

Not trying to ignite a flame war. Just to say one thing. I haven't watch entire Omega. I googled for some of the best feats and fights. In my opinion it is the second most powerful (after manga and Hades arc OVA's which are on the first place sine the OVAs is animated Hades arc manga). Not to mention that in entire Saint Seiya franchise this one has THE GREATEST NUMBER OF DESTRUCTIVE FEATS. Not to mention that some explosions (which are calced by Naruto forums members to be in kilotons) are the greates explosions seen so far in entire Franchise (above Athena Exlamation in yield). That's my opinion and I'm not going to atempt to convince you. Just to point you several things.

- This is direct sequel of anime

- Mars so far is the most powerful character to appear in entire franchise besides Hades. Anyway I sometimes tend to believe that Mars moving planet Mars is better than Hades incomplete Eclipse

- During all that Saint Seiya flam wars last summer/late spring I was stating numerous times that their power level is on par with what's shown in Omega.

- To ask you. How can Gold Saints in Omega be vastly inferior to Originals ? New armours based elemental powers is not an exuse. Since those are still 12 Zodiac Saints. How can Omega be so vastly inferior to Original - if we asume that Original has galaxy/universal level of power ? Did it ever happen that direct sequel to some anime series is trillions of times less powerful than original ??? Just think about it.

- Also I told you that all of you(speaking in general for everyone that was disagreeing with me) should at least read online English manga. I think that very few of you bothered do that. Basilikos is the one which bothered reading and immediatelly started to question the power levels which are presented on OBD. Many Saint Seiya "fans" were posting Spanish scans and asking you to take their word for it. If someone bothered to translate those scans on google translator he would see that translations are totaly opposite to what "fan" claim. One example is thread Supergod Hercules enters Saint Seiya verse, when I caught someone lying about translations. Some were even editing scans in Photoshop to fit their case.

- How comes that every Saint Seiya fan who own franchise or comes from Saint Seiya fandome communities (sites dedicated only to Saint Seiya) agrees with me about general power levels ?

P.S. I'm looking forward to reply and I'm not going to bother to convince you to anything. I hope that we can just have a brief conversation about it in good manner.

@TheVectorPrime: Didn't see Omega probably won't so i just went with what i was told by the guys in the thread (i take them as people i can trust as i don't remember them pulling any bullshit).

It's not really hard to get Saint Seiya in English, i don't see why many people bitch about it, any scan of SS i have ever seen being used was the English scanlation.

Using the size of an explosion as an argument was never a good idea when it comes to Saint Seiya.

Just because it's a sequal it doesn't have to be as powerful or more powerful than the original.

Probably because the fans aren't really battle oriented and don't care about the VS thing. Most people who are on a VS forum and are SS fans and owners agree on the general powerlevel.

Got nothing against a debate but i'm really tired of these "SS is only building level, all's hype" debates.

@TheVectorPrime:

- Mars I would put on Thanatos and Hypnos level, he's quite impressive for being able to stand against Sagittarius Seiya and being capable of casually shattering Gold Cloth.

- I could name only a few Gold Saints that are vastly superior to their predecessors.

• Taurus Harbinger > Aldebaran, because he proved himself to being capable of creating dimensional rifts via Great Horn and basically teleport his opponents anywhere he sees fit. Not just that but his version of Great Horn can ignore the User's Cloth, and strike directly for their bones and internals.
  • Seiya > Aiolos, for obvious reasons
  • Capricorn Ionia > Shura, Has absolute control over his opponents through "Words." And can even restore his prime and pull off a Saga punching spree.
  • Pisces Amor > Aphrodite, is the strongest Gold Saint and wields control over 5 supposed Warriors of Mars that were even on the same league as the Bronze Saints.

The rest are incredibly inferior to the Originals with the exception of Genbu, Genbu is TRUE SAINT unlike anyone else, and is my most favorable character.

• Leo Mycenae is the most weakest Gold Saint, he makes Cancer Deathmask look stronger.
  • Gemini Paradox is pretty strong but she got easily defeated by a Bronze Saint who had just mastered the Seventh Sense, also she isn't nowhere as powerful as the great Gemini Saga or Kanon.
  • Kiki Aries because Student cannot surpass Master, which in this case is Mu. (He's also my favorite and only true Gold Saint as well)
  • Cancer Schiller got hurled like a bitch by a Bronze who just had mastered the Seventh Sense. Even when Shiryu had mastery over the Seventh Sense, he was still nowhere near Deathmask's level in power (Because of Gold Cloth).
  • Virgo Fudo?! Hahahaha! Proved himself to be the strongest yet loses against a mere Bronze Saint who wasn't even scratched or mortally wounded by him. Hahaha! At least Ikki had to pull off a suicide attack to beat Shaka, and not even by then did that stop Shaka from willing himself back into existence with the Arayashiki (Eighth Sense)
  • Scorpio Sonia couldn't control her cosmos because of her unstable emotions, and ended up being rejected by her own Gold Cloth and killed in the midst of her attack. Though I really liked her character and had mourned and oh most cried over her death ;(
  • Aquarius Tokisada isn't a true GOLD SAINT, 'nuff said

Explosions aren't necessarily the case with the Original, the Original were more focus on atomic destruction while this series is more into flashy attacks (Which I'm fine with.) Plus they aren't as fast as the Original either as most of these Gold Saints simply counter attacks or just stand there while the others in the Original were running circles around the Bronzies despite their mastery over the Seventh Sense.

It really lacks the prowess of the Original.

@Fehafare: @TheVectorPrime: @SpeedForceSpider:

Look how much of a bitch Virgo Fudo turns out to be when facing Eden. In fact, he's quite inferior compared to the almighty Shaka for being beaten without even scathing a mere Bronze Cloth that wasn't even protected by Aria or Athena's "Light."

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel