The six paths of pain Vs The origanal xmen

Topic started by Wizardboy on March 16, 2012. Last post by Destinyheroknight 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by Wizardboy (27 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Open field no prep time xavier and xavier could walk sorry if spelt his name wrong
Post by The Stegman (154 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Pain
Post by Goku1fan (142 posts) See mini bio Level 9

X-men

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,824 posts) See mini bio Level 10

x-mem Cyclops rapes every pain

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,386 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@The Stegman:

LOL! You wish, the original X-men have Jean Grey and Iceman (two omega mutants) there is no way Pain is winning this at all

@Wizardboy:

You spell original wrong and also do some research before making a battle (this is one of the worst battles I have ever seen)

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,824 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Destinyheroknight: thats what i'm thinking the first xmen had those guys

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (7,007 posts) See mini bio Level 14

But we are talking about the original Five in their original power-set? or in their current or last power set?

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

It current, since he put xavier can walk

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (7,007 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Destinyheroknight: Current Jean is freaking dead..... or at least otherworldy occupied

Even so, the only one with increased speed is Beast, the rest are sluggish in comparion to the extremely fast, tough, strong and coordinated Six Paths. Cyclops is a good team leader, but The Six Paths have an almost perfect synch, and they are way past peak human, not counting their individual skills....

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

Current Jean is in the White Room, putting together the Phoenix force (not dead) and Iceman still have his broken powers, so there no chance for Pain to win this

@Destinyheroknight: I was assuming since it said original x men, it meant at their original power levels, which meant Jean was had mild telekinesis, Cyke wasn't as strong or accurate, and Iceman wasn't omega yet.

@The Stegman:

Why did you think that? Xavier couldn't walk back then

Post by taichokage (15,380 posts) See mini bio Level 20
If its the original X-men, they would most likely lose. Unless you are talking about current versions of the original X-men. The original Beast and Angel would almost be non factors. And since the Paths are controlled via chakra and have no mind of their own, Xavier and Jean couldn't affect their minds. Only Cyclips could be a problem as he alone possesses enough destructive power to one shot any Path. But he has no notable speed or durability. He could not evade a chibaku tensei or shinra tensei and he would be done afterwards. He also is the only one who could handle the animal Path summonings but unlike Pain, he can't be in two places at once. Jean's telekinesis would be a problem, but Deva path could counter with his gravity power. Really he could end it easily with one mass shinra tensei, or chibaku tensei ( the latter of which the X-men couldn't survive at all). However with current versions of the original X-men, Iceman could flash freeze the lot of them and I shouldn't even get in to Jean. She hosts the Phoenix, 'nuff said.
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@taichokage: I'm sure Cyclops can shoot all Paths of Pain with the same colossal "planet-busting" blast he hit Juggernaut with. Also it takes the Paths longer to use Chibaku Tensei than for Cyclops to use his optic blasts.

In addition, the original X-Men with their current powers would win easily.

ND

Post by DCypher (117 posts) See mini bio Level 15

This would actually be an awesome idea if it was suggested properly, XMEN at the beginning of the rebirth of ultimate would have made a great match for Pein.

Post by Kaine (71 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Xavier alone can stomp Pain's paths.

Also many X-Men are either bullet timers or have supersonic reactions/combat speed.

Cyclops for example regularly manages to tag speedsters like Northstar (mach 10 movements) with his banking shots.
Gambit was deflecting machinegun bullets right back to the sender while he was only a few meters away.
Wolverine reacted against a missile that was faster than any of its modern counterparts (well above Mach 4). 
Storm reacted against lightning bolts.

Yeah, X-Men are totally slow...
Post by Dream (8,284 posts) See mini bio Level 21
If Xavier's involved in this and we are talking the original X-Men with their current powers, the team demolishes the Peins quite easily and it wouldn't be absurd to believe that a few of the team members could solo with their Omega-level mutant abilities (Iceman and Jean), as well as Xavier tracking and taking out the mind controlling the six bodies with his telepathy.
@Destinyheroknight: He could have simply said that so Xavier wouldn't be a target, and seeing as how current Jean is M.I.A it's natural to assume he meant them at the beginning of their career, but regardless, current X men (with jean ) wins, orginal powersets lose

@The Stegman:

seeing as how current Jean is M.I.A

Jean isn't M.I.A., she in the White Room

@Destinyheroknight: she isn't on Earth or interacting in any current stories, thus M.I.A just like when Bruce Wayne was travelling through time.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel