The Akatsuki Vs. Batman

Topic started by TheRedRose on Feb. 5, 2012. Last post by SilverGalford 2 years, 5 months ago.
Post by TheRedRose (1,645 posts) See mini bio Level 10
The Akatsuki (Original Members, excluding Taka) Vs. Batman!!! Rules! Batman has full knowledge on each member, A day of Prep, Battle takes place on an empty gotham city, Akatsuki have no knowledge on Batman, Morals are off for Batman
Post by tronboy (425 posts) See mini bio Level 9

akatsuki blitz

Post by JonSmith (185 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Contrary to popular belief, Batman isn't the Boss of Gods. He's very skilled, he's very intelligent, and he has incredible prowess. But there is a REASON very few of his main enemies have superpowers. While Batman may have a plan to take down everyone in HIS universe, even if given knowledge on Akatsuki, and a day to prep, it's unlikely he'd be able to come up with anything specific to take them down. He'd have to defend against Itachi's Tsukuyomi, Tobi's teleportation, being engulfed in an ocean with Kisame, Hidan and Kakuzu's apparent immortality, Sasori's puppets, Deidara's bombs, which, I hope you don't mind me pointing out, could have blown up a city all on their own, not to mention Pain, who DID blow up a city, Konan's paper attacks (is actually more effective than it sounds), and I'm fairly certain I forgot someone or something. Regardless, fighting them all at the same time, it's highly unlikely, I hesitate to say impossible, but it's nearly so that Batman would be able to beat them all alone.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,166 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Does Batman still have a yellow lantern ring? I remember one choose him in the Sinestro Corps war

@Destinyheroknight: Unless I'm mistaken, he rejected it outright. Due to not wanting to be part of the whole "Kill Green Lanterns" Corp. It'd make for really awkward conversations at the Justice League Founders Table.

@JonSmith:

You do know the Morals are off? Batman will not care at all with morals off

Post by ohgodwhy (1,488 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I don't know about always but it seems that when Batman fights other Superheroes he always finds some kind of weakness he might be able to exploit. As far as I'm aware most of the Akatsuki don't have weaknesses that can be exploited so easily and possess fairly significant powers which would undoubtedly cause Batman real problems. Itachi has his Susanoo which is an impenetrable shield and Pein has his 6 forms and almost Godlike Ninjutsu.

I'd have to give this battle to Akatsuki by quite a significant margin.

Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15

With a day of prep, Batman has thousands of options. Take his morals away and the possibilities are limitless. Why doesn't he go buy/steal a nuke attach it to the bat jet and drop it on the akatsuki? Or hire a team of Supervillians? Or heck why doesn't he just use his pager and call big-blue down to Gotham. I could go on and on but i think my point is clear. You gave batman a day of prep and no restrictions, batman has countless ways to deal with the akatsuki without leaving the comfort of the bat-sofa.

Post by taichokage (12,588 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Even though Batman never has fought the likes of akatsuki, he has dealt with far worse. Both Superman and Hal Jordan fear him to some extent. Hal once said that if he had to fight the league, Batman would be the most important one to dispatch of immediately even ahead of Superman, and that's coming from a guy who can block nova level explosions with his barrier. I'd say that Batman with prep could dispatch akatsuki with relative ease. I'd say only Tobi could be potentially problematic with his warping and hax mind powers.
Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

batman soloed an entire planet of technilogically advanced Manhunters a.k.a Mars, lol.
it was on the CV' top 100 moments in comics.

@Destinyheroknight: It was my assumption that this was base Batman, no superpowers, just his usual skillset and gadgets. Though whose to say he doesn't keep a ring in his utility belt, I suppose?

@rein: I kinda also assumed that Batman would be fighting them personally, alone, just with whatever preparations/gadgets he had made in that one day. As in hand to hand combat. If we're going to go with a situation such as you described above, Mr. Rein, then yes, Batman most likely wins.

However, I still hold to the opinion that in hand to hand combat against all of the Akatsuki at once, Batman would still lose to their superior abilities.

If he can just sit on the bat-sofa (which is an amusing idea, kudos, Mr. Rein) and call in someone with more power to take care of them, or drop a nuke on their heads, then it is highly unlikely Akatsuki would win. So to summarize: Hand to hand combat, aka, if Batman treats them like normal supervillains, and just tries to kill them with that, he's screwed. If he utilizes his resources to try and completely terminate them, then Akatsuki's screwed. Any objections to the possible accuracy of this statement?

Post by sceonn (757 posts) See mini bio Level 9

A nuke? Pain can repel anything and Tobi can just phase through not to mention absorb the rest into his intra-dimensional eye thingy he did with sasuke and that Taka girl.

I don't remember anywhere saying Bat had help in the OP, just prep!

@sceonn: While that's true, Pain would still be caught in the blast of the bomb, even with his largest Push. Likewise, Tobi can only phase for ten minutes or so, at which point he'd be killed by radiation. If he tried to absorb it or teleport away, he'd be vulnerable while he did so, exactly the kind of thing Batman specializes in capitalizing on.

So I guess it kinda comes down to whether or not a nuke counts as prep? I can see both sides of the argument for and against Batman. The deciding factor, I think, is the exact parameter's of preparation. Then again, the OP DID stipulate that the battle takes place in an empty Gotham. So most likely Batman would be caught in the blast of a nuke and killed. Though knowing Batman, he has the best bomb shelter ever. Again, the circumstances are what decides the battle. Do they all start the battle a certain distance away from each other, or do they just start IN the city? If the former, Batman would be caught in a nuke, and he'd be in range of all of their attacks before the nuke went off. If the latter, it's entirely possible for Batman to just hide out in his Bat-Shelter while nuking Gotham and winning the battle. Provided Tobi doesn't have time to just absorb everyone and himself into his own dimension, then teleport into the Batshelter with Batman. And in order to stop that, Batman would have to intervene directly. Meaning he'd be caught in the nuke.

Ugh, this is just going back and forth. I'm going to say Batman loses this, even with a nuke. Tobi could probably get himself and the others away. In order to be fast enough to stop him, Batman would have to be personally there. Even then, it's unlikely: The other Akatsuki would hold him off to save their own hides. With Itachi's Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu, and Susanoo, along with the Six Paths of Pain, Hidan's immortality, etc, Batman wouldn't be able to reach Tobi if he had set off a nuke. Without such a direct source of termination, his chances of victory are very low. While Batman may have a plan to take on everyone in his universe, as stated above, the abilities of pretty much everyone in manga are so much more varied than those of comics that it's kinda crazy by comparison. In his universe, most people have variations of super strength, speed, durability, flight, energy projection, etc. While there are a lot of people with abilities other than that, those are the mainstays of the DC Universe. Just among the Akatsuki, there is much more variety, with no specific weaknesses per say. As such, Batman has a lot more to deal with than usual. And with only a day of prep, even IF he can launch a nuke, the varied skill sets and powers combine to make a battle Batman probably can't win. Any objections?

Post by rpgr (45 posts) See mini bio Level 3

Batman's most dangerous weapon is the Insider Suit. Gives him the powers of most of the JL. It's weakness is that it has a poor power source but it can take any energy blasts and absorb them to re-power the suit (think Dr. Gero absorbing Ki blasts to power-up).

@JonSmith:

It was my assumption that this was base Batman, no superpowers, just his usual skillset and gadgets. Though whose to say he doesn't keep a ring in his utility belt, I suppose?

He keep the ring in the bat cave, Batman isn't dumb. He'll put that ring on if he can't think of anything to counter Akatsuki. Also he have a day prep, there are tons of items in the DC universe Batman can use to win this. (heck, he can use Lex Luthor's power suit) The OP didn't said Batman was limited to his own gadgets (if he was, then he'll lose)

@Destinyheroknight: Actually, just checked on Wikipedia: Turns out the ring that was supposed to be for Batman left when it was rejected and sought out a new host. The son of Abin Sur, ironically enough. So no power ring for Bats. I probably should have checked that beforehand, but I'm still pretty new at this.

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I hope next time when people use prep gods in matches, they'll limit them by some conditions so as to not make it a stomp. For example as DestinyHeroKnight just said, limiting him to his own gadgets.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Batman would win. He's very dangerous with prep, in fact he has built a device to kill every single Justice League member in case they ever go rogue. The JLA are far far worse than the Akatsuki.

ND

@JonSmith:

Actually, just checked on Wikipedia: Turns out the ring that was supposed to be for Batman left when it was rejected and sought out a new host. The son of Abin Sur, ironically enough. So no power ring for Bats. I probably should have checked that beforehand, but I'm still pretty new at this.

Oh ok, thanks (I should have check, but I was to lazy). But Bats still have a million ways to win without it

Post by ohgodwhy (1,488 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Well if Batman has full knowledge of the Akatsuki prior and has 24 hours to basically set traps around the city then obviously Batman is going to win. Akatuski has some clever guys but when Batman's got such a big advantage then I doubt anyone could beat him to be honest.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel