Thanos vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Topic started by KingOfAsh on Nov. 18, 2012. Last post by FalconC2 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by Yusuke52 (444 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@SilverGalford: Your logic is beyond stupid.

Since Laggan is not Million years sized plus the fact that Thanos can see people no matter where they are

Million years sized? Yeah you are right, its not a million years sized because a year is a unit of time not measurement or distance.

So Thanos has eyesight that apparently is a no limits fallacy now? Can you show proof of him knowing where everyone in every universe is all at once then?

Human Torch's will power couldn't help him.

For will power to be any use to anyone you need to have something to manifest it as a tangible force or energy, That is what spiral power is for. You do understand this fact dont you?

yes i can understand , but the crew was first AFFECTED

Yep, can you show them being affected in the same way when they transformed into the TTGL? Given that it was so easy for the Anti Spiral to enter the cockpit beforehand and because you somehow think they did not increase in power or size at all despite everything saying different. Why may I ask you did he not just do so again and then kill them while they were trapped?

yet what i watched on the video was a planet sized robot.

Ignorance truly is bliss I guess.

To think that I actually had to go throw each episode just to get these for a guy who thinks he know more than people who have actually sat down and watched the show...

Here we see the Choginga Daigurren compaired to the moon, as you can see its the same size, likely larger in all honesty. Just a fun fact for you here they destroyed the moon to get this and yet you yourself can see the moon, so there you have meer humans manufacturing another moon and launching it into space and getting it back into obit around the earth again.

Here we see the Choginga Daigurren when compaired to the Ashtanga warships, slightly smaller than their nose. Remember now that this is a moons sized mech.

This here is just after they created the much larger Choginga Daigurren (Humanoid), this is evident when during the transformation sequence you can see it expanding to a few times its size.

Here it is. and as you can see its much larger now than before standing well over half of its face, as you can see the Ashtanga warships are much larger than our planet based on this alone.

Here are the Ashtanga picking up planets similar in size and to the Choginga Daigurren not moments after the above screen cap.

Snuggly fitting its hard round said planet showing off a nice atmosphere there and some land and water to boot.

Here they are throwing 10-20 planets at them casually,

Would you look at that, now its even larger than the planets it was similar in size to not moments ago. Given that it has now dwarfed said planets its now casually much larger than our planet bassed on this latest scan.

Ah yes here its stated that they can shoot randomly and still hit the Ashtanga warships that have now activated their Shrodinger effect and are just warping through time, or to put it simply they have a psudo omnipresence currently.

Here is them firing off to every point in recent time to destroy the hundreds strong fleet of Ashtanga warships.

here is said explosions that followed after their beams entered through dimensional portals they opened so as to manipulate the time period they would hit in. Also note that these attacks increase the probability of them actually hitting the target to 100%, ergo there is way to dodge them once they are fired.

Just a fun note to add in, its currently expelling the energy of a galaxy in its engines. Hmm I wonder what they will do with all that energy?

The resulting explosion of an Ashtanga warship when it was destroyed by a Giga Drill Break that was almost twice as long as its body. They were at the center of said explosion.

Ah, found this rather funny, you talk about how Thanos can see EVERYTHING EVER!!! Well here is a fun little scene of simon just casually looking a few galaxys from him and seeing Nia. Similar to VERY long range clairvoyance.

See above.

Here is the anti spiral stating that an intelligent lifeform couldn't escape from the Labyrinth. Shows how strong their determination and will to win is when despite being a highly intelligent bunch of people they could still break out if it without too much effort on their part.

Here is Gurren Lagann fitting into the head of the Arc Gurren Lagann.

here is Arc Gurren Lagann fitting into the head of Choginga Daigurren (The one that was much larger than our planet).

Here they are again nice and cosy inside this planet here, given the size of the mech inside, its a few times larger than our Earth.

Here is it among a cluster of other planets in this galaxy. As you can see here no other Galaxy is visable, which can only mean we are seeing everything inside this galaxy currently and not much more.

Here is it completely invisable to the naked eye now, and all we can see is another cluster of planets I count between 25-30 in this rather small cluster. Note again that no other galaxy is visable currently.

And here we come at last, the galaxy that houses Nia and by extention the Choginga Daigurren, no clusters are visable anymore, and we can clearly see all other galaxies now. Everything points towards this being the size it is potrayed to be. But of course your bullshit knows no bounds and you will likely try to find some kind of reason to make it appear smaller than our planet. Despite me just about to prove it is MUCH MUCH larger.

And here we are at last, the mech that walks on a Galaxy, many many many millions of times larger than the planet that it was contained in not 10 seconds ago. You doubt its size? I think the subs say what we and they are all thinking when you believe its smaller than a planet.

Here is the explosive clash between the two of them, as you can see its many times larger than their own bodies and completely covers the distance of the galaxy from end to end.

Galaxies like shurikens, these Galaxies were the exact same size as the TTGL itself before it dodged them.

This is them freefalling through a few galaxies, kinda like they do this as a past time. Nothing special in regards to their power.

Here is the most likely reason the battle can be seen from Earth. This is also the most reasonable assumption the battle can be seen all over the galaxy too. Why do i say this, because the spiral recognition system gives thought form, at this point they want everyone to see the battle, ergo the Recognition System makes this possible and broadcasts it to very planet in the Galaxy, this is despite the only possible view point for this battle would be from Earth.

This is also a good point in favor of my last argument, the TTGL is clearly with its back to Earth based on where it entered into the dimension of the Anti Spirals, yet here the entire planet can see its face and Granzeboma has his back to the planet instead. They did not change places of course, and despite the dimensional rip is no larger than the moon overall inside our universe, there is no possible way other than what I described for them to be able to see this battle unfold on such a large scale across the sky.

Here is the Infinity Big Bang Storm, which contains the "energy capable of creating universes!"

Or in your terms, Its more or less like a big bang.

Here is them going to grab it. Something which according to you didnt happen, because apparently by your rendition of these events Lordgenome was the one to block the attack.

Thats it hitting them, as you can see they still have their back to the portal and the attack is many times larger than the Galaxy they now stand on, so large in fact that they are little more than specks in this image.

We are exactly 22 seconds into the attack now, from the point of it hitting them of course. Here she says "Its Getting Dangerous", for your simple mind that means that they have tanked the attack and that its starting to take its toll on them. From the moment the attack hit them to the moment Lordgenome stepped in to convert the energy, a total elapsed time of 1:06. During this time they were subject to the energy of the creation of the universe. If thats not tanking an attack then I might just kill myself for dealing with someone so silly to think such things.

Remember them having their back to the portal, well here is all the people in the city looking at the fight once more except this time the TTGL is facing away from them and yet as you can see, wind is blowing towards the apparent genesis of the battle, this could only mean that the city is on the other side of the planet where the incredible energy blast would cause the winds to blow one way around the planet giving this effect right here. This further reinforces my point about it being broadcast by Spiral Recognition, and not simply through the looking glass in the sky.

Here is the TTGL with a drill that just broke in its attack.

here it is having repaired the drill easily, they do this 10-20 times over the course of a few seconds, but its so blurred it makes me screen capping it pointless.

Ah I added this for comedic value, if we go by your logic, the drill from the TTGL is right beside Simons eye. Looks painful, this should teach you not to dismiss somthing based on the artwork when everything (Statments, images and numerous sources) is in favor of it.

This is them more or less fistbumping each other, and this explosion is a few times larger than them again.

Here they are at the center of the Galaxy that just exploded into many colours and then finally blew up. Note that at this point TTGL was broken down to its basic Gunmen.

Here is the large eplosion they were just at the heart of, viewed from Earth. I can easily show it in the same few seconds after the above image but I find this one much nicer.

And here we come at last to the end of this spanking, planets throughout the galaxy saw the battle and are now calling in with the phrase that pays. Just to further reinforce the point of Spiral Recognition.

To think that I would have to post so many images just to prove to someone as stubborn as yourself that the Size is as stated and that its power is as stated and that its speed is as stated and that everything that has been said up until this point about the TTGL has infact been true.

Of course you will still fine some way to try and argue back against me, if you chose to. I would ask for 4 things.

1. Show Thanos reacting to and teleporting at speeds that allowed the TTGL to cross 7-8 milky way sized galaxies in around a second

2. Show him mindraping someone 10 million light years from his current location.

3. Show him tanking a galaxy destroying blast. And then, Show me him tanking one that can destroy multiple galaxies.

4. Show him outputting enough energy to destroy multiple galaxies.

As I and other has said up until this point, no amount of no limit fallicys you apply to Thanos will stop him from eating a Giga Drill Break to his face before he even realises that all he can see of his opponet is a giant mass of metal that could only be a foot. he will be dead long before he has the chance to teleport into an object he has no way of knowing the interior structure.

say that to the creator who did a bad job at creating galaxies.

Do me a favor here. Since you claim to know more about artwork than people who are paid to do it for a living, you go ahead there and draw me a galaxy sized galaxy. You make it out to be so easy well go ahead and prove us all wrong big man. I call you out on this one.

Hope you enjoy the scans, not like you will appreciate them anyway since you will continue to spout more BS regardless. I have done more in favor of my agrument (Information, scans, personal knowledge on the series) than you have for Thanos.

Lol I ask you for these scans when I know full well you wont deliever them to me. This debate ended with your ignorance.

Needless to say I enjoyed this. Im offically out now, said everything that needed to be said, took screen caps for everthing that needed to be shown, and have contributed more than enough proof to show why the TTGL wins this battle. But anyway, I have some papers to write.

I would tell you to send me the scans I asked for via PM but for some reason you are so ignorant that you can't even do this simple task.

Enjoy.

Post by mypasswordis1234 (196 posts) See mini bio Level 7

^ This thread. Doesn't matter how many times and how simple you explain, a certain user will repeat the same bullsh1t eventually.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@bowstaff54 said:

@SilverGalford: You really love disagreeing with Gainax regarding what they said how big TTGL was.

because the spiral recognition system gives though form, at this point they want everyon to see the battle, ergo the Recognition System makes this possible and broadcasts it to very planet in the Galaxy, this is despite the only possible view point for this battle would be from Earth.

the spiral recognition system , this means this helped everybody out to watch the battle while they were years in the distance. but aren't the pilots the ones talking about this system? , well even though they wanted people to see that battle , that means it was just a kind of screen that helped them to see.that's ok.

Do me a favor here. Since you claim to know more about artwork than people who are paid to do it for a living, you go ahead there and draw me a galaxy sized galaxy. You make it out to be so easy well go ahead and prove us all wrong big man. I call you out on this one.

thanks for the anti spiral system which you think can help this case, but anyway , when Anti Spiral was destroyed along with Simon's Mecha , i guess that spiral recognition system dissapeared . so now again how come humans were able to see them with the naked eye again the explosion after The Anti Spiral was destroyed lights of years in the distance along with its powers and that recognition? , the explosion and the head had the spiral recognition too?

we can see the galaxies , my problem is the distance , i don't know if they are far away from the galaxies or near. at some moments they look little, and then when they have a close fight they look big. since the Anti Spiral dimension changed everything even the view of humans ,i'm not sure. besides the galaxies still look bigger.

We are exactly 22 seconds into the attack now, from the point of it hitting them of course. Here she says "Its Getting Dangerous", for your simple mind that means that they have tanked the attack and that its starting to take its toll on them. From the moment the attack hit them to the moment Lordgenome stepped in to convert the energy, a total elapsed time of 1:06. During this time they were subject to the energy of the creation of the universe. If thats not tanking an attack then I might just kill myself for dealing with someone so silly to think such things.

with "unlimited power which can do everything " they should have tanked that attack and returned it back to the Anti Spiral on their OWN ,beat the hell out of the Anti Spiral on their OWN. that "it's getting dangerous" comment shouldn't have been stated in the frist place. they tanked it but they were about to die at the same time. what is the use of tanking something if it will kill you anyway?. if you have "unlimited power" you can beat anything but if something is about to destroy you that so called unlimited power is more like a bluffing , that's really simple and your simple mind cannot understand.

Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

When did Gurren Lagann become the new DBZ? People are running around here with baseless accusations of how each of those spiral galaxies are as large as the Milky Way despite everything about that situation suggests they are barely larger than the Earth was if not smaller. From the Anti Spiral's home (rocky) planet being on said mech's heads, to the Earth from a distance taking up a large portion of said generic galaxy - to the damn final Simon attack that shows the actual sizes of said mechs in comparison.

Look at Lordgenome's final stand at the end to even further bust this nonsense about a multi galaxy sized mech.

I could care less if Gainax is saying differently when everything about that fight says said mech is only at best a few rocky planets in size - no where near as large as gas giant, star or galaxy.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,398 posts) See mini bio Level 15

By everything int he fight you mean a few seconds of animation, which are still explained to be otherwise or actually not the case (of course ignoring everything logically stated by Yusuke52 above, clearly showing otherwise). Everything points towards it being galaxy sized. I suggest reading his or her argument again. A few moments of animation is NOT enough to out do entire episodes, the nature of the show or the words of the creators. People seem to forget that the laws of reality are allowed to be bent in works of fiction (it's even stated throught the entire series that they're able to do the inpossible, which is confirmed later on. Even before they enter the Anti-Spiral dimension).

The Anti-Spiral are able to create Universes (their dimension, Big Bang Storm) and transform vaccumm into liquid. They can easily expand a rocky planet to galaxy size. If it is Earth sized or smaller, why was the Grandzabomia's hand shown to be so much bigger than the Earth? The original Lazengunn was destroyed. The new Lazengunn was created out of willpower in an instant and was much bigger than the original. As for the comparison to the other mechs to TTGL...

4:37

Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann is shown emerging from the green spiral energy, not at all a clear comparison of TTGL to Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann.

The show itself states earlier that Spiral power has the power to overtake the powers of the Universe, and that even planets, stars and galaxies would enter the evolutionary race. However, this would lead to galaxies devouring each other until only one colossal unstable galaxy which in turn would turn into an all consuming galaxy which would destroy everything. The Anti-Spiral, afraid of this all destroying threat, defeated every other race in the galaxy (it is said that all of the Spiral races teamed up against the Anti-Spiral, but they still suffered a crushing defeat). The Anti-Spiral was then able to keep in check every Spiral Race in the galaxy. When Team Dai Gurren go galaxy sized, the Anti-Spiral state that no-one has done that before. Being only Earth sized would go against the entire nature of the show and make no sence in the cannon.

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

After looking at both sides, I gotta go with TTGL here. The TTGL side has done well to provide enough evidence(especially that post above full of scans and explanations) that the galaxies are indeed intended to be normal sized.

Gainax or whoever it is clearly intended for them to be galaxy sized, gave a statement supporting it and pretty much everything in that show/episode outside of a few moments of inconsistent animation points towards that fact.

The other side will certainly need a lot more than some moments of inconsistent animation to make their case.

Post by Yusuke52 (444 posts) See mini bio Level 16
thanks for the anti spiral system which you think can help this case, but anyway , when Anti Spiral was destroyed along with Simon's Mecha , i guess that spiral recognition system dissapeared . so now again how come humans were able to see them with the naked eye again the explosion after The Anti Spiral was destroyed lights of years in the distance along with its powers and that recognition? , the explosion and the head had the spiral recognition too?

You guess? Not a good start but what you are asuming is that Granzeboma is the Recognition System which would be wrong, the recognition system is little more than their minds or imaginations bringing things into existence, something that could only be done in Super Spiral Space (An Area that has copious amounts of spiral energy contained within). As long as the Anti Spiral Dimension remained active, it would continue to work until it collapsed.

Which is exactly what it did do, making your argument moot.

with "unlimited power which can do everything " they should have tanked that attack and returned it back to the Anti Spiral on their OWN ,beat the hell out of the Anti Spiral on their OWN. that "it's getting dangerous" comment shouldn't have been stated in the frist place. they tanked it but they were about to die at the same time. what is the use of tanking something if it will kill you anyway?. if you have "unlimited power" you can beat anything but if something is about to destroy you that so called unlimited power is more like a bluffing , that's really simple and your simple mind cannot understand.

Why do you keep using quote marks when you say "Unlimited power", We said clearly that it is tied DIRECTLY to their resolve and willpower, which means that its only going to go down if they lose the will to fight. When they took the attack their resolve was dropping and in effect their power, when Lordgenome sacrificed himself to convert the energy their resolve strengthened and then managed to kill the guy who had been slapping them around for quite a while with little more than Simon and Nia falling into the planet inside a broken Lagann.

Not only did they match the Anti Spiral's power at they end, they exceeded it inside Lagann.

what is the use of tanking something if it will kill you anyway?

Really? Nice defeatist attitude you have have there.

By that logic Whitebeard should not have bothered to tank Akainus attack and should have just killed himself since he knew he was going to die anyway. He took the attacks because he was trying to buy everyone else time, he took the attack because he knew himself that if he died there and then, very few of his pirates would get out alive, he tanked the attack because he thought it was the best thing to do despite the damage that he was about to take.

TTGL tanked it because, despite knowing that they would likely not hold out for long against the attack, its better to try than not at all. They tanked the attack in the hopes of winning the battle and not just giving up at the first sign of opposition.

Hell the point of the show is to overcome impossible odds and stand in the face of danger as say "Fuck you!".

Have you never tried in life when something got a little bit difficult just because you wanted to see it through, regardless of the outcome? You must lead a very slow and boring life if you have never taken a chance that might backfire on you, Because I sure most people have.

Are you saying that if someone pointed a gun at you and your family you would not even try to take the gun from him for fear of dying? I say screw that, because the way I look at that you have 2 options, Either stand there and do nothing and die, or try to take the gun off him and possibly save everyone.

Sure you might die in the process, but I would rather go out fighting than not at all.

I know which one im gonna pick, what about you?

At the end of they day they took the attack for long time, making them subject to a direct energy blast equal to a big bang.

Post by soncrono (10 posts) See mini bio Level 3

Heart of the Universe Thanos check it up and all you TTGL wankers will be amazed.

Thank you.

Post by FalconC2 (379 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@soncrono: I don't believe Thanos has the Heart of the Universe or the Infinity Gauntlet in this match.

So, that's a non-factor here.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel