Thanos vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Topic started by KingOfAsh on Nov. 18, 2012. Last post by FalconC2 2 years ago.
Post by Kuro_San (1,352 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Yusuke52:

@ReiKai: Databook > Your Opinion.

Post by valfranx (195 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@SilverGalford said:

@KingOfAsh said:

@SilverGalford: Well to be honest, stars could look to be the size of beach balls from Earth, but are they? Don't forget that it wasn't just the people of Earth who witnessed that final battle, but races all across the galaxy as well. The Galactus thread seems to be doing a lot of dumbing down of TTGL's powers and ignoring the fact that it canonlogically broke the laws of physics, so it's not a very good source.

like if marvel characters can break the laws of physics.

now you complicate this thing even more , a galaxy is this size:

can you see the sun? it's a little speck , and the earth is not even seen!

If they were galaxy sized , do you really think humans and all races would have been able to see at least the head of one of those robots?! that's impossible. but humans from the planet Earth could see the whole body of the robot . that cannot be galaxy sized. that's why i said they were "galaxy" sized , yeah indeed, but galaxy distorted sized.

the same goes for this here:

you talk about it as if it were some exclusivity, I've seen many examples in marvel where characters say things that was the size of a system solar, most actually had only the size of the moon. soon your logic is fails.

if it is confirmed, it is a fact, there are no arguments against facts, it is not because you do not accept the fact, that will do sttgl lose the fight.

the same type of argument, we could easily use here, for show as, the marvel less impressive to marvel precisely because inconsistencies is shown by various designers.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@valfranx said:

@SilverGalford said:

@KingOfAsh said:

@SilverGalford: Well to be honest, stars could look to be the size of beach balls from Earth, but are they? Don't forget that it wasn't just the people of Earth who witnessed that final battle, but races all across the galaxy as well. The Galactus thread seems to be doing a lot of dumbing down of TTGL's powers and ignoring the fact that it canonlogically broke the laws of physics, so it's not a very good source.

like if marvel characters can break the laws of physics.

now you complicate this thing even more , a galaxy is this size:

can you see the sun? it's a little speck , and the earth is not even seen!

If they were galaxy sized , do you really think humans and all races would have been able to see at least the head of one of those robots?! that's impossible. but humans from the planet Earth could see the whole body of the robot . that cannot be galaxy sized. that's why i said they were "galaxy" sized , yeah indeed, but galaxy distorted sized.

the same goes for this here:

you talk about it as if it were some exclusivity, I've seen many examples in marvel where characters say things that was the size of a system solar, most actually had only the size of the moon. soon your logic is fails.

if it is confirmed, it is a fact, there are no arguments against facts, it is not because you do not accept the fact, that will do sttgl lose the fight.

the same type of argument, we could easily use here, for show as, the marvel less impressive to marvel precisely because inconsistencies is shown by various designers.

y siguen bastos , Holy God.........

i think there is an explanation for every scan you have posted , you missed this too :

and this :

it's not the same as TTGL. Those characters are reality warpers , they have the power to create universes ,destroy them, change it at will , you are even showing a scan of Mr MXZ who can do as he pleases with universes and galaxies,he can even turn the universe into a little ball if he wanted , you can even read in that scan he created a machine to change Supegirl at galaxy sized ,Galactus can be really bigger than a galaxy BTW.

my logic doesn't fail, it still stands . if those robots really turned the real galaxies into tiny ones , then the one failing here is you because those galaxies didn't have their real size. with this in mind i can say that Franklin,Phoenix , Mr MX and the rest (except for Galactus who can be bigger than a galaxy if he wants to) are not galaxy sized, however they can change and create them at will , that's their power. BUT that doesn't mean they are galaxy sized.

it's like saying that J and K from Men in Black are galaxy sized just because they held a galaxy on their hands LOL!

but hey look she is even galaxy sized!

see? it doesn't work that way .

besides , it was the Anti Spiral who distorted the Galaxy , not Simon nor the crew. and even if the Anti Spiral distorted the galaxy at that size , that means they weren't truly galaxy sized like the comic characters. (except again for Big G who can do that)

it's not even a fact when people are claiming something that is not true , it's just a terrible misunderstanding. and i don't like misunderstandings as feats.

It doesn't matter if it's impossible or impossible. They stated that they would do the impossible, and did on other occasions beforehand (punching through space/time, liquid space, talking with no lungs...) It's not a realistic show anyway. Gainax is more concerned about making things look cool than scientific accuracy. Anyway I don't see how it's distorted, as in previous episodes fought in the same dimension in Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann there were planets and stars in the background instead of galaxies, and no one on Earth saw those battles. The Anti-Spiral Warships should have been visable from Earth, but no one saw them.

it does really matter , by your logic that women in MIB is galaxy sized and that's not true. if you want to make something look as bigger as a galaxy , make it as it should be.

more videos to see, and the galaxy is bigger than the robot . you are just speculating.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,401 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@ReiKai: If the Anti-Spiral could only go the size of a planet, they would have been defeated thousands of years ago, as they would have been destroyed by the sheer numbers of the other races (as Lord Genome states thathe and countless other spiral-level races all attacked the Anti-Spiral and lost; then the Anti-Spiral said that there was nothing special about the Humans who fought them in Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann, and shows them all the other Spiral Races they destroyed). Funnily enough, I have never, not in the show, not from Gainax, heard that size is distorted in the Anti-Spiral dimension (especially since as been said many times before, TTGL is officially confirmed to be 10 million lightyears). When did they say it was a projection either? Never. That argument is nothing more than making things up on the spot.

Skip to 4:40

It's not infinately small because it only just emerged from the spiral energy, and judging by TTGLs teeth, it's a long way in the distance. The Anti-Spiral also state that no one had ever made it as far as Team Gurren had (when as said before, they had defeated planet sized gunmen; Lord Genome stated that it was true, even though he didn't want to believe it when he first heard it).

@SilverGalford: The galaxy in Men In Black is contained within a glass ball, and can held within their own galaxy; completly different to how it is in Gurren Lagann. This is stated within the movie; in Gurren Lagann, they do not have the galaxy contained within itself, and they did make it as they should be. If it wasn't galaxy sized, they wouldn't have even drawn galaxies in the background, and they would have put galaxies in the background during the battle with Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann, which they didn't, they put planets instead for some strange reason. I notice that your not even putting proper reasons; just saying "it isn't galaxy sized because it isn't galaxy sized because it isn't galaxy sized..." Strange that someone who isn't even a fan of Gurren Lagann knows more about the show than the creators themselves. By the way, it was Team Gurren who first grew up to galaxy level before the Anti-Spiral even did anything to manipulate the galaxies. (Note the normal sized solar systems, as the red planet is at least the size of the Moon).

The creators would not have gone to the bother of making any galaxies bigger than they are if they weren't actually galaxy sized. They even stated that Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is capable of maintaining its form outside the Anti-Spiral dimension.

Could TTGL exist in normal space?

TTGL could exist in normal space as it creates the Super Spiral Space within itself.

Planet sized mecha are shown capable of maintaining their size outside the Anti-Spiral dimension without Super Spiral Space. If Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann wasn't Galaxy sized, they would have said so, but instead they state the complete opposite. Your only reasons any more are that I'm just speculating, which is ironic, because your the one statubg things that were never once stated or implied to be in the show, by the characters or the creators, to be fact. Besides, they managed to punch a hole through space time outside the Anti-Spiral universe with only Arc Gurren Lagann.

It's not infinately small because it only just emerged from the spiral energy,

and skip to 5:54 how come that explosion can be galaxy sized? how come humans were able to see that battle and the whole robot? are you kidding me? a Galaxy sized explosion should have been bigger than Planet Earth .

and they did make it as they should be. If it wasn't galaxy sized, they wouldn't have even drawn galaxies in the background

they were galaxies ,tiny galaxies and distorted in size.

" Strange that someone who isn't even a fan of Gurren Lagann knows more about the show than the creators themselves

and they would have put galaxies in the background during the battle with Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann, which they didn't, they put planets instead for some strange reason

in the first video , humans proved they weren't galaxy sized

in the second video ,it's not possible to see the size of the galaxy and the robot .it's something like this :

The beyonder looks bigger than those galaxies , however he is not galaxy sized. as for this video :

those planets look almost the same size as the robot, if that robot were galaxy sized , those planets should have been little specks . they look so closer to the robot. you can have now an idea of how big that robot is.

By the way, it was Team Gurren who first grew up to galaxy level before the Anti-Spiral even did anything to manipulate the galaxies.

Planet sized mecha are shown capable of maintaining their size outside the Anti-Spiral dimension without Super Spiral Space

and yet humans were able to see the whole robot .if a human can see a "galaxy" sized object ,how come it can be that size?

If Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann wasn't Galaxy sized, they would have said so,

it's more like an hyperbole.

Your only reasons any more are that I'm just speculating, which is ironic, because your the one statubg things that were never once stated or implied to be in the show, by the characters or the creators

the video is the one which implied , not me.

Planet sized mecha are shown capable of maintaining their size outside the Anti-Spiral dimension without Super Spiral Space. If Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann wasn't Galaxy sized, they would have said so, but instead they state the complete opposite

it's not the first time something like this has happened. i'm not the one speculating , the video speaks by itself.

Funnily enough, I have never, not in the show, not from Gainax, heard that size is distorted in the Anti-Spiral dimension (especially since as been said many times before,

even if it wasn't distorted as you say (cause a galaxy is not that tiny BTW) , humans were able to see the robot, the explosion look like a planet busting one, the planets were almost the same size as the robot in the super galaxy laggan video.

3:53 : " here in super spiral space " , they were fighting in the spiral space which changed the universe around. is there another explanation?, (perhaps the universe is that tiny without the Spiral space) we can see at 3:08 the whole battlefield ,and the spiral space. later humans were able to see those robots despite the fact that they were already galaxy sized as it was shown first . again they were robots , visible to humans , not galaxy sized.

@SilverGalford said:

and skip to 5:54 how come that explosion can be galaxy sized? how come humans were able to see that battle and the whole robot? are you kidding me? a Galaxy sized explosion should have been bigger than Planet Earth .

It's millions of light-years in the distance, and the Grandzabomia's hand alone is shown to be humoungous bigger than the Earth, and it was still lightyears away. Your argument is invalid.

@SilverGalford said:

they were galaxies ,tiny galaxies and distorted in size.

I want a single shred of evidence that they were tiny, because nowhere in the show or by the creators was it stated that they are tiny. In fact, as it has been said a ridicoulous amount of times before, it's confirmed to be galaxy sized. Only people like you who say its Earth sized say its that small.

@SilverGalford said:

in the first video , humans proved they weren't galaxy sized

in the second video ,it's not possible to see the size of the galaxy and the robot .it's something like this :

The beyonder looks bigger than those galaxies , however he is not galaxy sized. as for this video :

Exactly, he isn't galaxy sized; he's just floating there. TTGL was officially walking on galaxies. The humans were never glaxy sized; the machines were. And please, give me proof. All you said was it proved they weren't galaxy sized. Didn't you see the part where it zoomed out from Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann to the prison planet and outwards to the galaxy?

@SilverGalford said:

those planets look almost the same size as the robot, if that robot were galaxy sized , those planets should have been little specks . they look so closer to the robot. you can have now an idea of how big that robot is.

Almost the same size? One of it's faces alone is many times the size of Super GalIaxy Gurren Lagann. In the next episode it shows them at a similar size again when Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann destroyed them. And that's Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann, not Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, two completly different machines. Have you even watched the show? Or just gone to YouTube to see the fight and watch for tiny details to find counter arguments for fights like these?

@SilverGalford said:

and yet humans were able to see the whole robot .if a human can see a "galaxy" sized object ,how come it can be that size?

When you look up in the sky you can see the galaxy. Therefore the galaxy isn't actually galaxy sized? Infact, it's said that some of those stars are even extremely distant galaxies. Space is big; they aren't fighting just in front of the planet. Not to mention they were seen all across the galaxy, not just on Earth.

@SilverGalford said:

it's more like an hyperbole.

Really? Even though Gainax went to all the trouble of drawing out all the galaxies and even confirmed it to be 10 million light years tall? You know it's against copyright law to state that something you made is something when it isn't?

@SilverGalford said:

the video is the one which implied , not me.

How many other things did Gurren Lagann "imply" before the final battle? According to arguments like your making, everything was spot on what it was meant to portray, but when it comes time for the final battle suddenly it's implying that it's not really galaxy size and it's meant to be a hyperbole.

@SilverGalford said:

it's not the first time something like this has happened. i'm not the one speculating , the video speaks by itself

It does speak for itself. If someone draws it the size of a galaxy to show that it is galaxy sized, then it is galaxy sized. Real galaxy sized, not mysteriously small galaxies that are known only by a few on the internet who aren't even fans, and also know even more about the final battle than those who made it. By that same argument, I could say that I know more about the world of Harry Potter even more than J.K. Rowling. But I don't because that's stupid.

@SilverGalford said:

even if it wasn't distorted as you say (cause a galaxy is not that tiny BTW) , humans were able to see the robot, the explosion look like a planet busting one, the planets were almost the same size as the robot in the super galaxy laggan video.

Once again, not that small. Creators world, international copyright, seen from all the galaxy. In different works explosions look different; there's no set "planet busting style" explosion. Anyway after the Anti-Spiral is defeated and their dimension destroyed it shows the Milky Way below them, so they were not even close to the Earth. TTGL was visible the same way that the Milky Way is visible at night; because of its colossal size. Look in the background of the Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann fight and the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann fight. First planets and stars, then in the other galaxies.

@SilverGalford said:

3:53 : " here in super spiral space " , they were fighting in the spiral space which changed the universe around. is there another explanation?, (perhaps the universe is that tiny without the Spiral space) we can see at 3:08 the whole battlefield ,and the spiral space. later humans were able to see those robots despite the fact that they were already galaxy sized as it was shown first . again they were robots , visible to humans , not galaxy sized.

Super Spiral Space changes the Universe around, but it never mentions any galaxies or planets shrinking. Also the battlefield was bigger than that. At the beginning of the episode, the Anti-Spiral states that no Spiral Race had come as far as Humanity had. Having defeated countless Spiral Races before them with planet sized mech, it meant that the Anti-Spiral were facing an utterly new adversirary. And as I said above, the battle took place countless lightyears away and wasn't just watched by the humans, but by Spiral Races all over the galaxy.

Your arguments are getting weaker and weaker. All you are doing is stating the same thing over again. Like it or not, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is copyrighted to be 10 million light years tall.

@SilverGalford: Creator word (A.K.A Word of God) > Your Opinion....

Thanos loses, plain and simple. Is so hard to admit it that you have lost an argument? Really?

If the creators and writers state the TTGL is 10 Million Light Years Tall, why you need to doubt it? Did you write TTGL and we arent aware of that fact?

@Kuro_San said:

@SilverGalford: Creator word (A.K.A Word of God) > Your Opinion....

Thanos loses, plain and simple. Is so hard to admit it that you have lost an argument? Really?

If the creators and writers state the TTGL is 10 Million Light Years Tall, why you need to doubt it? Did you write TTGL and we arent aware of that fact?

After having put up with that ridiculous argument just before, this small piece of common sense brightens up my day. Thank you.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,921 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Kuro_San: George Lucas dismissed the Star Wars EU as not ever happening and fans don't accept it, they just hate him for it.

Also, has anyone pointed out Thanos is the avatar of death? You have to be immortal to stand a chance against Death himself. Now, I'm not to knowledgeable on this anime as I haven't watched it yet, but I just want to point that out as no one one opposing Thanos has seemed to acknowledge it yet.

@MarioRedfield: Being Inmortal doesnt means he cannot be whipped like a ragdoll into submission, or punched to another dimension. And it doesnt means he can win the fight just because he cannot die. This fact will only prolongue his suffering. At least that would be the case if he was completly inmortal like he was, nowadays he isnt, at least if you check his Marvel Database entry

http://marvel.wikia.com/Thanos_(Earth-616)

"Immortality: Thanos, like all Eternals, is immortal in the sense that he is immune to all known diseases and infections and is immune to the effects of aging. Thanos was formely banned by Death itself from entering its realm, rendering him truly immortal. No matter the severity of any injury, Thanos was unable to die and completely recovered. This ban has since been lifted"

@Kuro_San: I guess that's fine then. Although I was saying that the robot thing had to be immortal. Also, I do wanna know why marvel handbooks are usually frowned upon in debates yet anime handbooks seem to be praised. I just don't understand, since you're the first person I haven't seen get the living day lights based out of for using a marvel handbook entry.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,084 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@MarioRedfield said:

@Kuro_San: I guess that's fine then. Although I was saying that the robot thing had to be immortal. Also, I do wanna know why marvel handbooks are usually frowned upon in debates yet anime handbooks seem to be praised. I just don't understand, since you're the first person I haven't seen get the living day lights based out of for using a marvel handbook entry.

Its called double standards my friend. Which is complete bull.

Post by bowstaff54 (13 posts) See mini bio Level 4

@MarioRedfield: @SpeedForceSpider: I think that may happen as the Marvel Database are variable, while the Databooks usually came out after the end of the series and are definitive, thus the Marvel ones lose som credibility as they can widely change from edition to edition, while databooks dont change unless a new season comes out

It's millions of light-years in the distance, and the Grandzabomia's hand alone is shown to be humoungous bigger than the Earth, and it was still lightyears away. Your argument is invalid.

and yet humans could see the whole robot , it was too close to them .so much for millions of light years in the distance. i have seen this "your argument is invalid" thing , how come it can be invalid when the video shows exatcly what i'm saying?

even if they were so far away from the planet Earth ,LIGHTS OF YEARS in the distance, Do you seriously think humans with the naked eye could see that explosion? Jesus , to see something like that you need a good big telescope at least.

I want a single shred of evidence that they were tiny, because nowhere in the show or by the creators was it stated that they are tiny. In fact, as it has been said a ridicoulous amount of times before, it's confirmed to be galaxy sized. Only people like you who say its Earth sized say its that small.

the evidence is this : everything is on the video . first we can see one the robots(the black one) throwing galaxies like shurikens , they both were fighting supposedly at "galaxy" size ,then we see Humans from planet Earth watching the entire fight and the whole robot without even a telescope , if those robots were truly galaxy sized ,humans wouldn't have been able to see the whole robot.

Exactly, he isn't galaxy sized; he's just floating there. TTGL was officially walking on galaxies. The humans were never glaxy sized; the machines were. And please, give me proof. All you said was it proved they weren't galaxy sized.

Didn't you see the part where it zoomed out from Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann to the prison planet and outwards to the galaxy?

watch the video again and try to understand pls ;otherwise you are going to think i'm trolling. if the robots were truly galaxy sized , humans , as i said , should have been able to see only one part of the robot . humans should have been little specks for gurren laggan,and only a finger or a leg from TTGL could have been able to be seen.

How many other things did Gurren Lagann "imply" before the final battle? According to arguments like your making, everything was spot on what it was meant to portray, but when it comes time for the final battle suddenly it's implying that it's not really galaxy size and it's meant to be a hyperbole.

even before the battle , you can see the size . it's not something that happened just in the final battle.

When you look up in the sky you can see the galaxy. Therefore the galaxy isn't actually galaxy sized? Infact, it's said that some of those stars are even extremely distant galaxies. Space is big; they aren't fighting just in front of the planet. Not to mention they were seen all across the galaxy, not just on Earth.

a part of a galaxy is not the entire galaxy . can you see the ENTIRE galaxy with your naked eye? where did you get that from? they were fighting in front of the planet because humans were able to see them. if they fight lights of years in the distance , how on earth are humans supposed to see that battle with the naked eye?

Really? Even though Gainax went to all the trouble of drawing out all the galaxies and even confirmed it to be 10 million light years tall? You know it's against copyright law to state that something you made is something when it isn't?

it's more like e,g the sentry with the power of thousands suns , chousins being truly omnipotent,and so on.

Super Spiral Space changes the Universe around, but it never mentions any galaxies or planets shrinking. Also the battlefield was bigger than that. At the beginning of the episode, the Anti-Spiral states that no Spiral Race had come as far as Humanity had. Having defeated countless Spiral Races before them with planet sized mech, it meant that the Anti-Spiral were facing an utterly new adversirary.

Your arguments are getting weaker and weaker. All you are doing is stating the same thing over again. Like it or not, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is copyrighted to be 10 million light years tall.

yeah my arguments get weaker due to a Copyright that is not clear . you still believe this because the copyright says so. but the video proves something different.

it doesn't matter how many races in the whole TTGL universe watched that battle. humans were able to see the whole robot , even after the Anti Spiral threw the galaxies like shurikens. even if all races where watching that battle, the robots were still fighting lights of years in the distance,and it's impossible to see the whole battle at that distance and the robots too . it's impossible unless you have a good telescope.

Do you really know what "Lights of years" means in the first place? .when you are lights of years in the distance , you are not seen by anyone with the naked eye from planet Earth. that's just plain ridiculous.

and again if they were galaxy sized , even if they were far away , the should have been bigger than what was shown on planet earth.

"Immortality: Thanos, like all Eternals, is immortal in the sense that he is immune to all known diseases and infections and is immune to the effects of aging. Thanos was formely banned by Death itself from entering its realm, rendering him truly immortal. No matter the severity of any injury, Thanos was unable to die and completely recovered. This ban has since been lifted"

Death resurrected Thanos and increased all of his abilities, giving him superior resilience and energy manipulating abilities than even Elders of the Universe. He is currently one of the most powerful beings in all the universe. Only Galactus, the Stranger, the Celestials, and the Watchers are known to equal or exceed his cosmic energy manipulative abilities. Thanos' powers have increased to an unknown level, but its a massive upgrade from his previous form. He has also become immortal, and has been shown to be able to regenerate from a skeleton.

source : comic vine .

i don't know when thanos in the comics lost his inmortality.

because they suck at creating a galaxy and also they create a robot that is planet sized and "galaxy" sized at the same time. they fail to realize how big a galaxy is .

thanos won't die , no matter how much they try to kill him , he has fought opponets more powerful than that robot. thanos mind rapes the crew , end of the story.

how can i believe something stated when the video shows me something different? , not even speculation can help this case.

After having put up with that ridiculous argument just before, this small piece of common sense brightens up my day. Thank you.

so you from the beginning know who won? unfortunately your spite thread failed.

Creator word (A.K.A Word of God) > Your Opinion....

and the video destroys the statement of the creator . they should learn to make a real galaxy before even make something galaxy sized. i bet you they don't even know what is the size of a galaxy . no wonder why they made such statements.

@SilverGalford:

1. You keep calling it robot but to be fair is a Construct made of Spiral Energy.

2. Being unable to die doesnt makes it unable to suffer a crushing defeat and suffer pain, a lot of pain I might add

3. We have been over the Mindrape bit, The TTGL pilots have superhuman Resolution and Willpower, the TTGL itself is a manifestation about it, I dont think Thanos could Mind rape them, he may even be out of range.

4. If the creators said such and specific Number I think that they meant it, they said a specific number rather than saying Galaxy size o anything like that. You should respect the Word of God rather to try to find loopholes in the art style

5. The Fight may been visible since the Han-rasen wanted everybody to see how they failed, like the Beastmen did.

6. The TTGL is as big as the creators says is it. I could start saying, Thanos is 1 mt tall, and cover my eyes or block the screen every time you write the official height given my Marvel (if he haves one) and ignore you, and it may be the same thing you are doing now...

So please stop discussing when you cannot win and give in...

Post by mypasswordis1234 (196 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Kuro_San said:

@SilverGalford:

1. You keep calling it robot but to be fair is a Construct made of Spiral Energy.

2. Being unable to die doesnt makes it unable to suffer a crushing defeat and suffer pain, a lot of pain I might add

3. We have been over the Mindrape bit, The TTGL pilots have superhuman Resolution and Willpower, the TTGL itself is a manifestation about it, I dont think Thanos could Mind rape them, he may even be out of range.

4. If the creators said such and specific Number I think that they meant it, they said a specific number rather than saying Galaxy size o anything like that. You should respect the Word of God rather to try to find loopholes in the art style

5. The Fight may been visible since the Han-rasen wanted everybody to see how they failed, like the Beastmen did.

6. The TTGL is as big as the creators says is it. I could start saying, Thanos is 1 mt tall, and cover my eyes or block the screen every time you write the official height given my Marvel (if he haves one) and ignore you, and it may be the same thing you are doing now...

So please stop discussing when you cannot win and give in...

5. Or just because it's a show. The comics and mangas are full of MFTL beings, and he have just realized it "oh wait, then how can they see it?".

Alien guy meme's answer: "fictional characters...."

@mypasswordis1234:

5. was more of a guess that a fact, I admit it, but even so if the Databook states a height, then is that height, end of discussion

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Not gonna join in the debate since I don't know much about TTGL but I'd certainly like to point out some things:

@MarioRedfield said:

Actually, secondary canon stuff like databooks, profiles,,etc. are treated on a case by case basis. You don't get to dismiss them outright unless there are good enough reasons for doing so(for example:outliers, contradictions, etc.). That basic rule applies to all forms of evidence of which this stuff is just a part.

Don't see what's wrong with the stuff he has posted. Unless what is said here is explicitly contradicted in series. Most of the hyperbole part like "immune to everything!" would be taken care of by NLF anyway.

As for them being frowned upon, perhaps they have a lot of contradictions more than relevant info. Which still doesn't make it right to dismiss them entirely.

so if the Databook states a height, then is that height, end of discussion

The databook/WoG/etc. is certainly not infallible though. If there are good enough reasons for believing the databook entry is incorrect, it can be just as easily thrown out.

@MohsinMan99: I didn't say there was anything wrong with what he posted.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel