Thanos vs Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Topic started by KingOfAsh on Nov. 18, 2012. Last post by FalconC2 2 years ago.
Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,230 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@ImDictatorBowDown said:

Does Thanos have IG or HOTU? if he does then even STTGL will be beat by so much as a mean glance from Thanos

No, as it was not specified. This is regular Thanos.

Thanos wins via mindrape/killing the pilot or he doesn't win at all. In a straight fight he'd be screwed, but as long as he can detect the pilot he's got it.

Post by mypasswordis1234 (196 posts) See mini bio Level 7

How fast is Thanos's "mindrape" and how far can it reach? Because he has seconds to realize his opponent is a billion lightyears high reality warping robot who can kill him with his fart before he get b1tchslapped along with the entire galaxy, and make sure it will work(the mindrape) or it's better to teleport as far as he can, because they are protected inside the robot, at least I read that on a Galactus vs TTGL battle where Galactus lost.

Post by Kuro_San (1,352 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Gurren Lagann is basically fuelled by Guts and Willpower, when they are in TTGL I'm sure it's the highest in all the freaking series, and STTGL goes one step further. I dont think Thanos could midfuck them. The whole deal of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is doing the Imposible, so if Thanos is stronger, their will power will probably level up their stats until they match him or suprass him. He can jump dimensions they can punch people to other dimensions, he can ´port they can ´port too. Thanos is known for beating a planet until it exploded, they fought against a foe that throwed frickin' galaxies like frickin' shurikens with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' head (well not the laser but you catch my drift)

Thanos is powerful, but quoting Tony Stark in the Avengers "There is no throne, there is no version were you come ou on top" this applied to Thanos in this particular fight. The Han-Rasen, a being of almost limitless might had to fight hand to hand instead of mind-fucking them as he planned since they broke free through an illusion/dimensional transfer. Thanos is screwed, he cant port inside, I bet the Spiral Power will stop that from happening as it also protected them from the mindfuck

Post by ReiKai (3,550 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Abstracts can't stop Thanos from stepping into their realms, and you think because these guys have "spiral power" it miraculously bans him? Don't be so delusional. Being fueled by "guts and willpower" is all well and good, but it doesn't stop mindrape. Figures with Personal levels of power far in excess of anything the GL cast ever displayed, were laid out flat by Thanos. People who have trained mentally their entire lives, are as nothing before the Mad Titan.
Foolish. The instant Thanos is inside, it's all over. There's nothing they can do. Simon and the rest are nothing more than Batteries. Without them, TTGL is a giant hunk of scrap. They cannot stop Thanos' intrusion. They cannot even withstand his presence. For all that "Spiral Power", they're still Only Human. Weak, fleshy creatures that Thanos can kill with but a glance or a mere flex of his cosmic power. Reducing them to nothing more than ash stains. All their "guts and willpower" amount to nothing in the face of the God of Death.

His name is Thanos. And his name, means Death.

Post by Kurohige (3,755 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Someone really likes Thanos lol. Sorry just the way you described him made it sound like he is unbeatable or something.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,084 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Kurohige said:

Someone really likes Thanos lol. Sorry just the way you described him made it sound like he is unbeatable or something.

lol

Post by Kuro_San (1,352 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@ReiKai: As I mentioned, the whole point of the Spiral Power unlimited power based upon the evolution, guts and will power, if they werent humans, they wouldnt have it. Thanos as strong as he is, is limited. The TTGL isnt, it's power only goes up and up. If they managed to resist the Han-Rasen Mindfuck I dont know why they cant resist Thanos. Thanos range for his powers, according to OBD is Star System Level+ The TTGL is bigger than Galaxies... do the math.

And before you tell me he cannot die etc, etc. They can punch him out of the Universe, and taking in account he cant teleport back fom Cancerverse I think he is screwed after one lowly BURST Spinning Punch.

And about the Teleport. The TTGL is Spiral Power taking Mecha Form, I dont know if Thanos could port inside, bypassing the protection it generates. You can only guess that, but I'm sure that he couldnt do it...

They are the Gurren-dan and their name may not mean anything, but God, they will kick Thanos Ass (XD)

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I am going to say that these guys aren't even as powerful as a hungry galactus

the only good feat that robot has shown is that big drill and a good plot , and the pilots can be killed.

Lol a human sized creature vs a bigger robot than galaxies? / The TTGL is bigger than Galaxies.

the robot wasn't "galaxy" sized , it was galaxy distorted sized. the size was unknown.

no he can't but nice post

he can . the pilots are humans with no resistance to mindraping.

Big Bang Storm < STTGL or anime TTGL with Big Bang power-up < Super Great Zamboa < Gurren Lagann

that's not going to kill someone who has fought beings like Galactus , Eternity, etc.

the Spiral Power is like unlimited power it just keep climbing up,

it was because of a plot , cause they all were about to die in the hands of the antispiral. i didn't see any unlimited power when the antispiral was beating the hell out of them .when they were together that power was supposedly "unlimited". thanos may have limits , but with that power he was able to fight powerful opponets more powerful than Tengen.

People who have trained mentally their entire lives, are as nothing before the Mad Titan

in other words , the crew are screwed

If they managed to resist the Han-Rasen Mindfuck

i think no Mindfuck happened. it was a dream and they were helped to wake up , they didn't do it by themselves . besides how come humans like the crew can resist mindfunck in all of a sudden? , they are not even trained to resist mindrape and suddenly "oh look they can resist mindraping!" is this a kind of joke? .

And before you tell me he cannot die etc, etc. They can punch him out of the Universe, and taking in account he cant teleport back fom Cancerverse I think he is screwed after one lowly BURST Spinning Punch.

and thanos is gonna be so stupid to let that happen?

@SilverGalford said:

I am going to say that these guys aren't even as powerful as a hungry galactus

the only good feat that robot has shown is that big drill and a good plot , and the pilots can be killed.

Lol a human sized creature vs a bigger robot than galaxies? / The TTGL is bigger than Galaxies.

the robot wasn't "galaxy" sized , it was galaxy distorted sized. the size was unknown.

no he can't but nice post

he can . the pilots are humans with no resistance to mindraping.

Big Bang Storm < STTGL or anime TTGL with Big Bang power-up < Super Great Zamboa < Gurren Lagann

that's not going to kill someone who has fought beings like Galactus , Eternity, etc.

the Spiral Power is like unlimited power it just keep climbing up,

it was because of a plot , cause they all were about to die in the hands of the antispiral. i didn't see any unlimited power when the antispiral was beating the hell out of them .when they were together that power was supposedly "unlimited". thanos may have limits , but with that power he was able to fight powerful opponets more powerful than Tengen.

People who have trained mentally their entire lives, are as nothing before the Mad Titan

in other words , the crew are screwed

If they managed to resist the Han-Rasen Mindfuck

i think no Mindfuck happened. it was a dream and they were helped to wake up , they didn't do it by themselves . besides how come humans like the crew can resist mindfunck in all of a sudden? , they are not even trained to resist mindrape and suddenly "oh look they can resist mindraping!" is this a kind of joke? .

and thanos is gonna be so stupid to let that happen?

That's stated he is millions of lightyears tall. While I probably taller than Thanos with my 182cm. Even if Thanos would as big as the Earth, still mismatch. The pilots have resistance to mindrape, but that's non factor here, he cannot reach them. He is smaller than an antcock, compared to TTGL.

And he cannot do anything against a punch. That's a million times FTL punch. 1 punch = 100 or more Thanos(in pieces).

They are not resistant to mindrape. And need we mention again they didn't even escape that "dream" by themselves. Kamina's freaking Ghost had to show up and help out Simon and Yoko and co, and that sparked the rest of them realizing it's a dream. Thanos can utterly destroy their psyches. 

TTGL's size relevant to Thanos' is irrelevant. And Thanos has evaded and beaten down the Surfer, who is millions to billions of times FTL. Thanos can traverse across multiple outer dimensions and enter into the realm of Death. Basically he is crossing Infinite Distance with ease. Thanos can kill them at any time.
Post by SMXLR8 (7,705 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@ReiKai: Look it is not going to be easy for thanos ok

@SMXLR8: Yes it's easy. Easy, quick, painless lose to Thanos, he won't even has time to scare.

Even if SS fought at FTL speed with Thanos, which I doubt since Thanos is slow, still doesn't matter, because SS has a slim body while TTGL has bigger hand than a star, and with his mass, one touch=hundred pieces thanos. His mind ability won't reach them from that distance, and they have protection inside the robot. He would have seconds to beat TTGL, what would be an extreme horribly PIS.

@mypasswordis1234 said:

@SMXLR8: Yes it's easy. Easy, quick, painless lose to Thanos, he won't even has time to scare.

Even if SS fought at FTL speed with Thanos, which I doubt since Thanos is slow, still doesn't matter, because SS has a slim body while TTGL has bigger hand than a star, and with his mass, one touch=hundred pieces thanos. His mind ability won't reach them from that distance, and they have protection inside the robot. He would have seconds to beat TTGL, what would be an extreme horribly PIS.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,047 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Oh, yeah. Thanos wins for sure.

@ReiKai said:

@mypasswordis1234 said:

You cannot tell anything when it's come up to prove what you said. Also I didn't want to talk about personality, but you Thanos fanwankerlover clearly don't know the human size compared to a galaxy. I bet you sleep with a thanos puppet.

Kamina's freaking Ghost had to show up and help out Simon and Yoko and co, and that sparked the rest of them realizing it's a dream. Thanos can utterly destroy their psyches.

no mindraping happened , so Thanos stomps , mindrapes Kamina along with the rest.

The pilots have resistance to mindrape

no they don't .

That's stated he is millions of lightyears tall / don't know the human size compared to a galaxy.

let's watch the video , shall we?

7:51

8:54

9:10

13:53

Galaxy sized my backyard . those tiny galaxies are a joke.if they were indeed galaxy sized, that robot should have been seen bigger than the planet Earth(not that size) and visible around it ,at least one of his arms should have been like the size of that solar system,even more, but the explosion shows a fight that wasn't galaxy sized . unless you think a real galaxy is like that size(in the anime), it cannot be said they were truly galaxy sized .not even Marvel UN and DC UN galaxies are that size lol! . the galaxy in TTGL was distorted ,and statements cannot help in this case.

and thanos can do this to that robot :

and seriously they were struggling to beat the antispiral and TTGL was taking too much damage ,not even that so "called unlimited" power was so impressive . something like that can be destroyed. only a good plot saved the crew when in reality they were about to die.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,084 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I guess knocking Big G on his ass isn't good enough for the TTGL fanboys.

@SpeedForceSpider said:

I guess knocking Big G on his ass isn't good enough for the TTGL fanboys.

probably they still believe TTGL is INDEED galaxy sized . if that's true Arale is a planet... ahemm...... excuse me ..... a tiny planet buster LOL!.

besides this thread explains some points about TTGL , "unlimited power" my imaginary character :

http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann-vs-galactus/322977/

@ReiKai: Lol we don't need to resort to that, all love and peace here my guys.

@SilverGalford said:

Kamina's freaking Ghost had to show up and help out Simon and Yoko and co, and that sparked the rest of them realizing it's a dream. Thanos can utterly destroy their psyches.

no mindraping happened , so Thanos stomps , mindrapes Kamina along with the rest.

The pilots have resistance to mindrape

no they don't .

That's stated he is millions of lightyears tall / don't know the human size compared to a galaxy.

let's watch the video , shall we?

7:51

8:54

9:10

13:53

Galaxy sized my backyard . those tiny galaxies are a joke.if they were indeed galaxy sized, that robot should have been seen bigger than the planet Earth(not that size) and visible around it ,at least one of his arms should have been like the size of that solar system,even more, but the explosion shows a fight that wasn't galaxy sized . unless you think a real galaxy is like that size(in the anime), it cannot be said they were truly galaxy sized .the galaxy in TTGL was distorted ,and statements cannot help in this case.

and thanos can do this to that robot :

and seriously they were struggling to beat the antispiral and TTGL was taking too much damage ,not even that so "called unlimited" power was so impressive . something like that can be destroyed. only a good plot saved the crew when in reality they were about to die.

Well in the video we do indeed see galaxies, I'm not saying what theory is true or not however from your example of his size not being as stated is like me saying Tenchi or someone from Bastard! is not light speed simply because they were able to see where they were going or because their clothes did not rip or something silly like that. And about Thanos beating SS, while that feat in canon, saying that he can tag people massively FTL is not true, at least not from that example alone, while Surfer can go at those speeds in space on his surf board, saying that Thanos can tag FTL people simply because he fought SS who at the time was not even moving is kinda silly. Not only this but what people don't realize is the reason why random characters can hit Surfer is because Surfer is slow in combat. Surfer can think at nanosecond speeds, he can't react and fight at those speeds. He can fly at light speeds, he can't fight at those speeds.

In one scan he's flying in a circule, big deal. In another scan he's thinking at nanosecond speeds, again big deal.

Nova has blitzed Surfer

Although he was blitzed, SS still stomped him but that still says something, although he does have many instances of attacking at FTL speeds however he was moving on his boars while doing so.
Although he was blitzed, SS still stomped him but that still says something, although he does have many instances of attacking at FTL speeds however he was moving on his boars while doing so.
This is taken out of context as SS was being haunted by The Lady of Death and asked Thanos for help, Thanos asked him to come to his chamber and then blindsided SS and beat him down, hardly a FTL feat at all.
This is taken out of context as SS was being haunted by The Lady of Death and asked Thanos for help, Thanos asked him to come to his chamber and then blindsided SS and beat him down, hardly a FTL feat at all.

The only times he did fight at those speeds (Only 3 instances I know of) was due to PIS or WIS same with Thanos getting beat by Spiderman, Hulk and Thor, however King thor did knock Thanos out even though it was a cheap shot

But still, saying that Kamia have absolutely no resistance to mindrape because of that one scene as well as some other PIS arguments (Whatever you guys were arguing about lol.) Is like saying Blue Superman is stronger than Majestic and Helspont then since Blue Superman knocked over Majestic. There are instances of PIS against TTGL and against Thanos.

Thanos knocking over Galactus is a big deal but not to the point you are putting it at, The Thing did that too lol, both didn't do anything, simple searching will lead you to find that that attack did nothing to Galactus other than tick him off. That was just a blast that knocked over a big guy

Needless to say, this is not the all powerful "Kill you by thinking" Galactus that everyone likes to brag about fighting Eternity or whatever. But still, Odin knocked Thanos around too, same with the Avengers, Thanos has been beaten multiple times. Hence why he needs things like the Infinite Gauntlet and Ultimate Nulifier to do a lot of what is said about him consistently. Thanos can be beaten, and very easily for that matter, and no it does not take super reality warpers or gods to do it, if it is regular Thanos he can be beaten, not saying he is a joke, but he is not unstoppable despite what people think. Hell several JJBA characters can beat him. The guy is slow too. He has a lot of powers but a lot of that was circumstance and even then he mainly uses lasers and such. What Thanos are we using? Not lowballing Thanos but I mean Thor beat him without Warrior Madness, he is strong but not as some may think despite all the scans highlighting him.

But as I said about SS he is actualy much faster than Thanos as shown here where his is on his boars moving at nano second speeds Silver surfer has shown nanosecond reaction in two seperate occasions

Nanosecond reaction time - occasion 1 (sorry dont know the issue number)

Nanosecond reaction time 2 (Silver Surfer Volume 3, 143)

Silver Surfer also showed he can move and react faster than 3 times the speed of light. (Guarding of the Galaxy 60)

Blitzing Midnight Sun at light speed - Rune and Silver Surfer Issue 01

Dodging metores while travelling on cosmos, arguable travelling at FLT (Fantastic Four 48)

Dodging everything fire at him by US military (Silver Surfer Volume 3, 123)

There are countless others.

the thing is, when you look for quantifiable reaction feat he only has 2 counts of nanosecond reaction time, and one count of reacting faster than 3 times the speed of light. Rest are all scans that shows his fast reflexes not necessarily quantifiable.

Not my scans of course, but simple research around the net and forums will get you most answers. So in conclusion Thanos is not as crazy as most think, although I have not made up my mind on the battle yet.

Also Reikai is not a fanboy for sticking up for a character he believes can win, and vice versa for the other side, prove your points with civil arguments, not flaming.

Also, from what I remember, didn't TTLG's attack have the combines power of two galazies? Without IG how can Thanos compete? Then again with IG it would be a stomp in the other direction as the only person who could defeat... well anyone with the IG would have to be someone like Eternity, Adam Warlock, LT, TOAA, Reed with the UN, and the Myzy (However you spell it)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel