Thanos vs. Goku.

Topic started by VG_Addict on Sept. 14, 2012. Last post by Sonata 1 year, 11 months ago.
Post by ohgodwhy (1,541 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@VG_Addict said:

This guy I'm arguing with says this as to why Goku can beat Thanos:

1) GT is canon.

2) Thanos may be smarter in general, but Goku is a "fighting genius." They ain't doing rocket science so fighting and all aspects thereof are all that matters.

3) Thanos can't die so obviously he can't lose and is why he survives against the likes of Odin and Silver Surfer. So if dirty tricks like "not dying" are okay, Goku can use his greatest weapon; the Dragon Balls. Yeah, Thanos just lost. Hell, he could just destroy the current dimension and Instant Transmission to safety. Oh, how about fusing with Vegeta, becoming untouchable?

Yeah. It's in your favor not to go against my proposed Rules of Fairness, because Goku has the edge 10/10. Goku wins either way bro.

Sorry for the multi-messaging, using PS3 browser ATM.

Anyway, as for The Silver Surfer (TSS), he isn't as fast as Goku, nor as powerful offensively or defensively...but I gotta say, he's damn close in most regards, and is far more versatile. Thing is, Goku can move instantaneously. You don't get faster, you can only match it. And TSS can't.

Power is in Goku's favor, since he's capable of, as I stated, capable of universal destruction. Defense is in his favor because he can TAKE universe-destroying levels of attack and survive. Hell, weak ass Vegito pushed through a universe-breaker with ONE. BARE. FIST.

TSS's perception could be dangerous though, as he may be able to see the future, how Goku will strike. Question is can he prevent what he sees? I doubt it.

I read from Marvel's site that he was cursed with the inability to die by Death. If he can die, generally being caught in a force powerful enough to destroy the universal several times over does the trick. If it doesn't, a volley of faster than light attacks of that calibur taken point blank range by an Instant Transmission does.

Tell me, what's the strongest attack he's taken and survived in a state he can fight in? Do try to significantly trump a barrage of max speed, several-fold universe-annihilating attacks. Do try.

Your thinking is linear and closed; you read too much into his use of that form. Goku didn't have to be SSj4, he simply needed an adult body.

Way back, even before Majin Buu appeared, Goku could EASILY fly and train with 100 tons on his body in SSj1. By time Goku lifted that city, he was on a completely different level, so a city, mathematically speaking, is not heavy for Goku.

You should try thinking outside the box when perceiving a character or his actions, just FYI.

That guy clearly knows very little about Goku or DBZ in general. No one in the DB Universe is a Universe buster. The Universe destroying technique by Buu was first of all not even in the manga, it's an anime only feat. Second, even if it was canon, it doesn't actually show much in the way of power at all. All it showed was that Buu was capable of ripping a whole in a dimension and the Universe would've actually destroyed itself by preocess of dimensional collision. As for Shenron destroying the Universe, he wasn't, he was corroding it with his evil. Once again this was not an actual show of power.

As for point number 3, that's just plain old wrong. Shenron once stated that he can't kill people that exceed his own power level or grant wishes that exceed his own power level. I believe this was stated way back in the Sayain Saga when they asked him to kill Vegeta or something.

Post by Fehafare (9,369 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@XImpossibruX: lolpowerlevels

You say the "beams" are this and that but have no proof.

DBZ chars are relativistic at best, not a second faster.

Post by XImpossibruX (56 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@Fehafare said:

@XImpossibruX: lolpowerlevels

You say the "beams" are this and that but have no proof.

DBZ chars are relativistic at best, not a second faster.

Powerlevels are apart of the DBZ universe, if you don't like it don't enter DB debates.

As for the scans.

Raditz PL of 1200 dodging the Light Of Death

Frieza's beams were way past FTL.

The human eye can see a tiny glimpse of light, even when things are travelling at Light speed.

The Z fighter, who have FTL reactions only saw a glimpse of light.

This still pales in compared to SSj3 Goku's reaction time.

Post by SMXLR8 (7,196 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@GIRUGAMESH: solar-system buster? i thnk not

@XImpossibruX: lol "light of death" is a proof that it's light speed? Really?

And PL are very inconsistent and can't be scaled unless you want to say that a shotgun can blow up 1/40 of the moon.

@Fehafare said:

@XImpossibruX: lol "light of death" is a proof that it's light speed? Really?

And PL are very inconsistent and can't be scaled unless you want to say that a shotgun can blow up 1/40 of the moon.

.....Really dude? LIGHT of Death.... how can you not think that's Light speed?

A shotgun can't blow up a 1/40 of the moon the PL of the attack rises when using Ki attacks.

I already know that Thanos beats Goku, and i already said I was being devil's advocate. But you seem to think that give you an invitation to try to low-ball DBZ and say a bunch of ignorant crap about their speed.

Can you leave so we can have room for the real debators?

@XImpossibruX: It's just the name, there a fuckton of attacks and moves that have "light" in the name yet are not considered lightspeed. If it was more indicative then just "light" it could pass, but other than that no.

As i said powerlevels don't scale at all, it doesn't matter if they increase or not, you can't abuse it to powerscale anything. Ki or not a PL of 5 should blow up 1/40 of the moon by your logic. It was a nice concept but it lost any sense or consistency long ago, all you can say that someone with a PL level of 1000 is stronger than someone with 900, but you can't say how much.

I have 0 tolerance towards any DBZ wanker so don't give me any bullcrap about it.

@Fehafare said:

@XImpossibruX: It's just the name, there a fuckton of attacks and moves that have "light" in the name yet are not considered lightspeed. If it was more indicative then just "light" it could pass, but other than that no.

As i said powerlevels don't scale at all, it doesn't matter if they increase or not, you can't abuse it to powerscale anything. Ki or not a PL of 5 should blow up 1/40 of the moon by your logic. It was a nice concept but it lost any sense or consistency long ago, all you can say that someone with a PL level of 1000 is stronger than someone with 900, but you can't say how much.

I have 0 tolerance towards any DBZ wanker so don't give me any bullcrap about it.

Ok you want more proof that Piccolo special beam cannon is FTL?

Fine.

Picollo is able to destroy the moon the speed of light. Light takes 1.3 second from the Earth to the moon, Piccolo destroyed it in a second, essentially meaning the time we see is the time for the beam to get to the moon and for the reflecting light to come back to earth.

Piccolo then increased his PL and shot a more precise and concentrated blast, which was way faster then him moonbusting.

And When you get Ki training your PL goes up, the farmer has NO KI training so he can't fire blasts, so he can't destroy anything.

I have no time for DBZ haters that try to get threads off topic.
Please leave and never come back.

@XImpossibruX: Oh god there we go.

You do relize that the moon of DBZ verse was destroyed more than once with no effect to the planet whatsoever?

Using that feat is the most retarded this to do, and even if we accept it, it would be an outliner as nothing even close to that level was not shown later on, so yeah try again.

And why am i DBZ hater just because i don't allow it to be wanked out of proportions?

EDIT: And it doesn't matter if he has ki control or not, the PL of 5 was a result of him being that threat level because of the weapon. And even if it is as you say, PL still don't scale.

@Fehafare said:

@XImpossibruX: Oh god there we go.

You do relize that the moon of DBZ verse was destroyed more than once with no effect to the planet whatsoever?

Using that feat is the most retarded this to do, and even if we accept it, it would be an outliner as nothing even close to that level was not shown later on, so yeah try again.

And why am i DBZ hater just because i don't allow it to be wanked out of proportions?

DBZ Moon has the same distance from the Earth like the one real life.

Akira confirms this.

Never, ever enter a DBZ debate again.

Spouting off your ignorant BS like some kind of keyboard warrior, it's cute.

@XImpossibruX: Did you even bother reading my post or perhaps you are too stupid?

And lol you don't even have 50 posts yet talk big shit like you some kind of VS guru. Get the fuck out of this site, stop making it horrible with your stupidity and wank.

@Fehafare said:

@XImpossibruX: Did you even bother reading my post or perhaps you are too stupid?

And lol you don't even have 50 posts yet talk big shit like you some kind of VS guru. Get the fuck out of this site, stop making it horrible with your stupidity and wank.

Post count = Intelligence?

Ha obvious troll, and still off topic. Leave.

@XImpossibruX:

First of all, where did i say that?

Next, i never asked you for the goddamn distance of the moon nor did i deny it, something you should have seen in my post.

It's about the fact that that is pretty much a gag feat and would be considered an outliner anyway.

In other words you can't prove anything with it.

And why is it off-topic to talk about one of the characters in battle?

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@SMXLR8: I only said that for the sake of argument, I'm being generous with Goku to point out how outclassed he is here.

@XImpossibruX: I am someone who accepts that DBZ characters are FTL (Freiza saga up, at least), but Thanos has still tagged the likes of the Surfer, who can move massively faster than light, not to mention several other FTLers. Moreover, your scan of Goku 'teleporting' away was just the usual speed thing used by DBZ characters. If Goku was capable of using IT without his fingers, why does he use them every other time after that?

And even if he could, teleportation simply won't be enough to beat Thanos, who is also capable of teleportation and more.

Post by ReiKai (3,517 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Yup. Thanos can teleport. Under his own power, or via his tech integrated into his suit, or teleport other people who annoy him. He could dump Goku into space next to a black hole if he felt like it.
Post by SMXLR8 (7,196 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I hope this gets locked some people are trolling

@SMXLR8 said:

I hope this gets locked some people are trolling

Hey i already know Goku loses, and was trying to play devil Advocate and debate ReiKai and GIRUGAMESH until Fehafare came along.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@ReiKai said:

I'm talking to anyone who believes Goku has even a minute fraction of a chance here. Because he doesn't. At all. And I've already proven he doesn't.

Tell me desert sand spider, does Goku have even the slightest hope of winning?

LOL! , dude you are awesome xD

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@VG_Addict: GT is not canon...

for this Fight Thanos wins... though I don't like to say it..

Post by taichokage (13,360 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Whether or not you consider GT canon, EOS GT Goku would also lose. But I'm surprised this is still going on. Well, not too surprised. There are a lot of fans and fanboys of Goku out there.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel