tengen toppa gurren lagann vs odin

Topic started by Agent9149 on June 3, 2011. Last post by MarioRedfield 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,187 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@raikagebee:

The creator never really said TTGL can be use in normal space, it only in the dimension which they are that size (I was using the SGGL as an example) also can you tell me which page of the in the Gurren Lagann guide book, that say some of the things you talking about

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21
So why is everyone arguing about TTGL's size again? Is this the next big thing to *HIT* after we had fun with DBZ and the HST?  

And why does it's size matter anyway? It's relatively * NORMAL* (even STTGL) when compared to Demonbane...
Post by raikagebee (342 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Post by raikagebee (342 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@MohsinMan99: I think we're all in agreement that it doesn't get bigger than Demonbane lol
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@MohsinMan99 said:
So why is everyone arguing about TTGL's size again? Is this the next big thing to *HIT* after we had fun with DBZ and the HST?  

And why does it's size matter anyway? It's relatively * NORMAL* (even STTGL) when compared to Demonbane...
its only normal when compared to War God Demonbane, it's near abnormal in every other way, last biggest mecha before this two was kinda small
planet or so
@cfatalis said:
@MohsinMan99 said:

its only normal when compared to War God Demonbane, it's near abnormal in every other way, last biggest mecha before this two was kinda small planet or so
Call it the *EVOLUTION* of the mecha genre...

@raikagebee:

Then it be the size of a sun

@raikagebee said:
@MohsinMan99: I think we're all in agreement that it doesn't get bigger than Demonbane lol
LOL.
Still I'm curious. Can there possibly be anything larger than EG Demonbane in fiction (default size without size manipulation)?
@MohsinMan99 said:
@raikagebee said:
LOL.
Still I'm curious. Can there possibly be anything larger than EG Demonbane in fiction (default size without size manipulation)?
EG is normal sized actually
the thing that crushes universe by bumping into them is War God Demonbane, it has four leg like a centaur, second on the the demonbane totem pole of power. War God Demonbane have no coherent size, we can assume it is way bigger than a universe
@cfatalis
Sorta like MetalGreymon evolving into WarGreymon and getting smaller in size, right? Never played the game but I assumed that since WG is that large, EG shoud probably be more...
@MohsinMan99 said:
@cfatalis:  Sorta like MetalGreymon evolving into WarGreymon and getting smaller in size, right? Never played the game but I assumed that since WG is that large, EG shoud probably be more...
the game now is in english, but wouldn't include EG and WG, that is for the next game, this one is Kishin Houkou, the one with EG in combat is kishin hishou, WG is in the novels, a prequel of sorts explaining how shining trapehozedron comes to existence,
yes it is sort like  that, getting smaller , you could argue for the other evolution line for agumon too
Agumon-GeoGreymon-RiseGreymon- Shinning Greymon
but in this regard EG is both WG and not WG
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Destinyheroknight said:

@Hellos:

After reading more into it, you right about them not being the size of a galaxy. (They have the power of a galaxy in them that keep growing, the creators should have make it more clearer)They might be bigger then a sun though

franklin richards can do that with ease , and he is not even a mech .
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@SilverGalford said:
"franklin richards can do that with ease , and he is not even a mech . "

The kid creates pocket universes under his bed sheets, so he can do a lot more than that.  
To be fair, even Galactus had to have a chat with Reed regarding his son's power and it's one of those things on Reed's tado list. 

The mech still isn't galaxy sized regardless, that much is obvious. Saying TTGL is any large then star sized is pushing it.

@SilverGalford:

I know and your point?

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Destinyheroknight said:

@SilverGalford:

I know and your point?

that's not impressive considering frankling didn't use all his power in that occasion . 

@SilverGalford:

I wasn't trying to be impressive, I was giving info

Post by KingOfAsh (1,333 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Hellos: The Earth is visable not through a portal, but through a Space-Time Teleportation Fold. They state this themselves in the show.

Not a portal, but a fold
Not a portal, but a fold

The Anti-Spirals homeworld was propably expanded for the final battle, as it is a Universe set entirely to Anti-Spiral will (this is stated in episodes 24, 27 and maybe 23). If they can liquify space, they can make a planet grow. It's also impossible for galaxies that small to exist. Yet somehow it's illlogical for one galaxy-sized planet to briefly exist, yet normal for millions of planet-sized galaxies to exist. The show is ridiculously clear about TTGL being galaxy-sized. It even shows that normal-sized planets exist in episodes 24-26 with Super Galaxy Dai-Gurren & Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann, before scaling out in episode 27 from Gurren Lagann to the Planet to the Galaxy to TTGL.

Backgrounds used in the final battle with TTGL on left and Super Galaxy on the right, both in the Anti-Spiral dimension.
Backgrounds used in the final battle with TTGL on left and Super Galaxy on the right, both in the Anti-Spiral dimension.

If there is nothing to support TTGL being galaxy-sized, why were there so many galaxies in that fight? Before you say anything about size distortion (which there is little proof of) please tell me what is easier to animate: a planet or a galaxy. If TTGL was only planet-sized, they would have saved a lot of time, effort and money by just drawing planets. It has also been confirmed that the Anti-Spiral defeated all the Spiral Races in the galaxy, in which humanity was just one race. The Granzeboma is also shown to be much bigger than the Earth when its hand is blocking out the whole sky with one hand, also showing that the Granzeboma can exist outside it's own dimention (TTGL needed a Super dimentional anchor to drag it back in). Kinon also states they were picking up massive perceptual readings, which is likely also how they were seen from lightyears away (the Anti-Spiral wanted humanity to feel despair and surrender the will to live). After the fight other Spiral Races in the galaxy contact them after seeing the defeat of the Anti-Spiral. There are also galaxies in all the openings and closings and the prologue to the series, suggesting Univeral power leading up to the ending.

Still hasn't entered the atmosphere, as there is little weather aside wind change shown from final Moon crash episode when the Moon was near Earth
Still hasn't entered the atmosphere, as there is little weather aside wind change shown from final Moon crash episode when the Moon was near Earth

The screen shots you keep showing are not enough to outdo the rest of the series or the creators words (they are also only total up to less than 10 seconds, compared with the rest of the fight and the lead up to it, which was a lot longer than a few seconds). When it comes to what the maker says their's a difference between the comics you mention and Gurren Lagann. The comics were written by many different writers over many years; one writer has a much different standerd than another (thus difference in power). Gurren Lagann was written by the same people, and has not yet been handed down to a new generation. Even as such, the "holes" that you mentioned are explained, either in the show or by the creators afterwards.

Despite everything you say, it is a cartoon and it is allowed to break the laws of physics (escpecially since they mention doing the impossible in every episode and even manage to do the impossible, even at their weakest with no Spiral Power). If your going to talk of FTL and science in Gurren Lagann, you should do the same with Looney Toons, Disney and such because they've been getting away with breaking the laws of physics for years. I'm also wondering if you even saw the series, or just looked up the screenshots you needed to enter arguments on who will win.

@hitsusatsu11: After looking up that sequence again, I noticed it's not a very good comparison. When Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann exists TTGL it (TTGL) can't even be seen through the Spiral energy. There's another brief shot of it later with the Anti-Spiral arms going through it and disappearing into TTGL in the distance for about a second. Neither show it to be that small. You say it appears to be no larger than the Earth, but can you really say how big something in space is by looking at it unaided? All the stars look the same size. Are they?

As for guide books, I'd say you're in luck. I did find that someone uploaded a scan from this very site.

This is a scan of the almost mythical guidebook. Below it compares Gurren Lagann with a human, Arc Gurren Lagann to Tokyo, Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann to the Moon and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann to a galaxy. It also states that Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times bigger than a Moon-sized Gunmen (the Moon is five times smaller than the Earth, 1,300,000 Earths could fit inside the Sun, Betelguise is 700 times bigger than the Sun, which is round half or a third of the size of VY Canis Majoris), so it makes sense with the canon and animation of the last episode. Someone has also kindly translated this file from the official Gainax website.

The second line states that it is bigger than the Milky Way. Also there is this interview, where the creators tell a fan that TTGL can exist in normal space (planet-sized Gunmen are already shown to exist in normal space without creating Super Spiral Space; he also would have said it was planet-sized otherwise) and also that Simon is the strongest Spiral warrior in the Universe and he needs to keep his power in check. someone else already mentioned this, but I'll say it again from the DVD. Here's another creator interview that while not mentioning size does refer to Universal evolution (aka. Spiral Power & the Spiral Nemeis).

At last, Simon and Nia are reunited, and by combining the power of its members, the Great Gurren Brigade creates the galaxy-sized Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and engage the Anti-Spiral threat in a decisive battle to determine the fate of the universe.

So there I have given you not one, but five instances of the creators confirming Tengen Toppa's size (kind of four, the last one is just hinting). In my research, I have also tried looking for instances where Gainax or the directors or at any part in the show in which there is a single reference to size-distortion in the Anti-Spirals pocket Universe; to which I found nothing (Anime Vice was actually on the first page of searches). So likewise, untill the creators state that TTGL is smaller than it appears I'm not likely to believe anyone saying otherwise (and with the evidence I've shown above, I don't think they will).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann vs Odin, I'd say that I only know a few versions of Odin and the Odin force. Odin from the movie has no feats so far, so until Thor 2 I don't see him as much of a threat. Thor with the Odinforce from the Post-Ragnarock cycle only just managed to beat blood-lusted Bor, who was stated to have power enough to destroy the Earth; Odin himself was stuck in limbo fighting the same demon everyday. Odin from Earth's Mightiest Heroes subdued Odinforce Loki with no effort and could easily be on Solar System level (Yggdrissl). But a Solar System level of power would still not be enough. So I would say TTGL wins all of them.

Oh, and sorry for bringing this up again.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Didn't Odin destroy galaxies as a side effect of his battles?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel