tengen toppa gurren lagann vs odin

Topic started by Agent9149 on June 3, 2011. Last post by MarioRedfield 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11
 @Haofan123 said:
Dont get me wrong,I think Odin takes this as well, but seriously, TTGL is bigger than a galaxy. Tell me, why do you think the creators would have it any other way?
 Then they should have tried to depict it with a little more clarity. 
What was depicted(I'm not pulling this out of nowhere) doesn't support the concept of it being a galaxy or multi galaxy sized robot. To even be moving at the pace it was going would require tremendously FTL movement.
@ninjadude853 said:
@Hellos: Dude, it's Gurren Lagann. This is a series where they break the laws of physics, science, and reality on an almost episodic basis. Logic cannot be applied to it. One can only marvel at it's ridiculous, over the top Awesomeness.
Then there really wouldn't be much of a point of involving the series in any kind of debate whatsoever.  
Honestly, unless there is a lightning rod of evidence that I missed watching said fight, I'm going to find it nigh impossible to say with certainty that said mech is galaxy sized, based off what I already pointed out.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,331 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Hellos:

Then there really wouldn't be much of a point of involving the series in any kind of debate whatsoever.

TTGL was never mint to be use in a debate.

Gurren Lagann don't have any logic, it mint for people to enjoy (This is my last time now, posting on here)

Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Destinyheroknight said:

@Hellos:

Then there really wouldn't be much of a point of involving the series in any kind of debate whatsoever.

TTGL was never mint to be use in a debate.

Gurren Lagann don't have any logic, it mint for people to enjoy (This is my last time now, posting on here)

Under the same logic, the vast majority of these fictional characters aren't meant to be used in fictional debates on the battle forums. 
Does anyone actually write fiction that the masses won't enjoy on purpose? To do otherwise is a poor marketing strategy.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,331 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Hellos:

Yes I already know that, I didn't want to put it down

Probably, Kubo doing a good job at it now (I need to stop replying)

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Odin wins. 
 
Size is distorted in anti spiral dimension, how large an object appears to be there is not necessarily = to its size in the "real" (if you will) universe.  
 
Proof: 
 
1) We get a clear comparison of mech sizes in the final scene of the last battle, we clearly see that TTGL is about 5-10x bigger than what was formerly called Cathedral Terra. This is important because Cathedral Terra WAS the moon, and therefore of course is the size of the moon. 
 
2) When TTGL looks through the dimensional rift thing, it appears not to be that much larger than earth. 
 
3) Grand Zamboa (= in size to TTGL) has a planet in its head, and appears to be only about 10X+ bigger than said planet. Now, planets vary in size but if a planet gets to large it would become a star.  
 
Certainly these things point to the TTGL being larger than a planet but smaller than a star, with perhaps the STTGL being small star sized.  
Of course this is fiction, and things don't always make sense. I have heard in a guidbook that TTGL's size is confirmed, but I have never seen a scan of it. If someone could scan it it would be enough to make me concede the point. 
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,353 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now

well supposedly TTGL can challenge a full powered Galactus so yea he wins
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Jinbeifan1: I musta missed the issue where they fought..............
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I still say TTGL wins. Odin was one of the  first of the Norse Pantheon to die in Ragnorak. Being swallowed by Fenrir almost immediately.  And Fenrir is supposed to be able to touch both the sky and the ground when he opens his mouth. Clearly not anywhere as large as TTGL. 
 
Also,   
  Now can we please put that argument to rest now?
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,331 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Hellos:

After reading more into it, you right about them not being the size of a galaxy. (They have the power of a galaxy in them that keep growing, the creators should have make it more clearer)They might be bigger then a sun though

Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,353 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now
@hitsusatsu11: i was talking about the topic a llot of ppl argued in his faavor
Post by akatspada (47 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Hellos: If you don't care what the creators say, stop arguing and just leave.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11
  @Jinbeifan1 said:
well supposedly TTGL can challenge a full powered Galactus so yea he wins

No he can't. 
 
@Jinbeifan1
said:
@hitsusatsu11: i was talking about the topic a llot of ppl argued in his faavor

Those people are being dumb. It's one thing to say he beats a skyfather, it's another to say he beats a walking cosmos that could make himself universe size if need be.  
Is that the thread where the guy with a Prinny avatar was arguing with me that Power Cosmic = magic powers?
 
@ninjadude853
said:
I still say TTGL wins. Odin was one of the  first of the Norse Pantheon to die in Ragnorak. Being swallowed by Fenrir almost immediately.  And Fenrir is supposed to be able to touch both the sky and the ground when he opens his mouth. Clearly not anywhere as large as TTGL. 
 
Also,   
Now can we please put that argument to rest now?

What does first to die have anything to do with it? And by the time Ragnorak kicks in Thor lost the Odin Power, so Odin died prior.
Either way Surtur would beat TTGL too, since you know, the guy busts galaxies to make his mystical sword to amp himself even further. Since two "galaxies" = big bang in spiralverse, which was owning TTGL, then half the Big Bang should manage right?
Also that whimpy guy Odin that died spent his time after "death" duking it out with Surtur daily, dieing every day, preventing Surtur from escaping back into reality(at least before Thor brought him back and kick started the prophecy in the process). Also Fenrir devours all of Asgard too, moon sun and all.  
 
 

Don't have a clue why posting that video is important, last I checked that wasn't in the final fight.
 
@Destinyheroknight
said:

@Hellos:

After reading more into it, you right about them not being the size of a galaxy. (They have the power of a galaxy in them that keep growing, the creators should have make it more clearer)They might be bigger then a sun though

 
 

I can accept that.  
Plenty of fictionally characters run under the same routine of having incredible power and such squeezed into a little forms. Galactus for example, he is a walking cosmos.
 
@akatspada
said:
@Hellos: If you don't care what the creators say, stop arguing and just leave.

Now don't get me wrong, I know your trolling, but such bait is nigh irresistable.
We don't go by what a creator says if the evidence is contradicting what they say or there is absolutely no evidence to support it. 
Case and point my earlier comment, a guy punching a normal door, breaking his fist, then spontaneously combusting = able to beat the Hulk because I said he can with the same fist.
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Are we talking about Marvel Comics Odin or actual Odin?
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@ninjadude853 said:
Are we talking about Marvel Comics Odin or actual Odin?

Marvel.  
Myth Odin is quite a different beast.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Hellos
Acually hellos, since the fight took place in the anti spirals denension, we really have no way to measure TTGLs size. He could be as big as a galaxy or a small as an atom. Whatever the anti spiral thought became "reality" so unless we figure out the size of his demesion we will never be able to find the true size of TTGL
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Haofan123 said:
@Hellos:  Acually hellos, since the fight took place in the anti spirals denension, we really have no way to measure TTGLs size. He could be as big as a galaxy or a small as an atom. Whatever the anti spiral thought became "reality" so unless we figure out the size of his demesion we will never be able to find the true size of TTGL
Simon and friends aren't the size of atoms or smaller, neither are most of their mechs. We had things to gauge the size that we know are legitimately real in view in said episode, which have been mentioned over and over. 
Unless your telling me the mechs, the people, the Earth, etc all shrunk during this fight to atom sized I can't really buy it being anywhere close to that small.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,331 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Hellos:

The dimension they was fighting in was a small universe (without any life in it) I got that from the research I did

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Hellos said:
@Haofan123 said:
@Hellos:  Acually hellos, since the fight took place in the anti spirals denension, we really have no way to measure TTGLs size. He could be as big as a galaxy or a small as an atom. Whatever the anti spiral thought became "reality" so unless we figure out the size of his demesion we will never be able to find the true size of TTGL
Simon and friends aren't the size of atoms or smaller, neither are most of their mechs. We had things to gauge the size that we know are legitimately real in view in said episode, which have been mentioned over and over. Unless your telling me the mechs, the people, the Earth, etc all shrunk during this fight to atom sized I can't really buy it being anywhere close to that small.
Im not saying they were. I was just an example. We have no way to measure their size, nor do you. Your evidence supports nothing considering the fact that the anime consists of breaking the laws of science on an episodic basis
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Haofan123 said:

"Im not saying they were. I was just an example. We have no way to measure their size, nor do you. Your evidence supports nothing considering the fact that the anime consists of breaking the laws of science on an episodic basis

But we do, Earth is visible, the Anti Spiral world itself, the actual ability for people to see these mechs, the inner mechs can help too. It's not really the laws of science to look at the size of what we know is there and is real.  
Saying it's a multie galaxy sized giant robot, then turning around to say as a counter argument to someone making a case for it not being anywhere close "Your evidence don't make sense, this anime defies evidence!" seems a tad bit on the weak side. 
 
You see the galaxies and say "That robot is bigger than the galaxy" I see "Earth, Anti Spiral World, etc(what other inconsistencies have I mentioned at this point? From pointing out the mech would have to be tremendously FTL to move to they can actually SEE it with no aid) = robot smaller than sun".  
 
*logs off*
Post by raikagebee (342 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Destinyheroknight: Thats Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann, not Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.  
 
The creator said himself that the TTGL can be created in normal space as it creates the super spiral space inside itself. 
The creator also said himself that TTGL is a galaxy sized mech, theres no arguing against the creator himself. 
It doesn't matter what you think you saw or what you think, it will always be            Creator > Everyone else  
The TTGL was calculated to be at least 100 trillion times the speed of light. (Before anyone asks, no they are not my calculations), 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel