tengen toppa gurren lagann vs odin

Topic started by Agent9149 on June 3, 2011. Last post by MarioRedfield 1 year, 10 months ago.
Post by raikagebee (342 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Hellos: It would help me control my anger if you weren't such a twit :)  
How can you in any way compare it to one of our planets? When were they compared in the series? They weren't. 
So stop acting as if it was just a normal planet. For all we know it could of been part of the mech that Anti Spiral created. 
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,386 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Odin wins, and TTGL is bigger then a galaxy cause of it Super Spiral Space it make

Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11
You know why the planets around Earth aren't all the size of Jupiter? 

It all has to do with the distance from the Sun, planets like Jupitar, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune can't be formed in the same area that Earth, Mercury, Venus and Mars inhabit.  
Those planets would have to move closer to the sun(can happen) or have the sun move closer to them.  

By default, there is a limit to how large said rocky worlds can get and them being millions or thousands of light years tall isn't remotely possible.  
The Anti Spiral were originally just like any other spiral race, they never make their planet jumbo size and never needed to after becoming the Anti Spiral. 
It wasn't just a generic planet they wished out of nowhere, it's their prime planet, their home, where they existed in physical form. 

Long story short, there isn't anyway possible for either of them to be any larger then the Sun, size was distorted, those where real galaxies, those weren't even real robots for the most part, story over.
@Destinyheroknight said:

Odin wins, and TTGL is bigger then a galaxy cause of it Super Spiral Space it make

I disagree, because in that fight size was distorted or non existent.  
The only thing that we can take a gander at was their home planet, which removes any possibility of them being any larger than our sun.
@Hellos: Have you explored the entire universe? no? then you don't know do you? didn't think so. 
Face facts, anybody will tell you the same, TTGL is bigger than a galaxy and its a very well known fact.  
Anti Spiral still called the planet a pocket universe meaning it was much bigger than your average planet. 

@Hellos:

Here is what an official DVD said

At last, Simon and Nia are reunited, and by combining the power of its members, the Great Gurren Brigade creates the galaxy-sized Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and engage the Anti-Spiral threat in a decisive battle to determine the fate of the universe.

I don't need to explore the entire universe, the whole premise of a planet millions of light years in size or thousands of light years in size is impossible no matter how you look at it. 
No it was a normal planet, that much was obvious(for the most part). Where the two were fighting, now that's a creation of the Anti Spiral's making.
@Destinyheroknight said:

@Hellos:

Here is what an official DVD said

At last, Simon and Nia are reunited, and by combining the power of its members, the Great Gurren Brigade creates the galaxy-sized Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and engage the Anti-Spiral threat in a decisive battle to determine the fate of the universe.
And the galaxies in said fight were smaller than the big robot and likely MUCH smaller than real galaxies. 
We saw galaxies, but just like everything else there they weren't what they appeared to be.
@Hellos: How much more proof do you need to be shown? 

-Official DVD said: At last, Simon and Nia are reunited, and by combining the power of its members, the Great Gurren Brigade creates the GALAXY-SIZED Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and engage the Anti-Spiral threat in a decisive battle to determine the fate of the universe. 

-Anti-Spiral called it a "pocket universe". 

http://www.animevice.com/gurren-lagann/10-134/secrets-about-gurren-lagann-you-might-not-know/97-311002/#20 
Read this for even more proof. 

Even the Gainax data book puts TTGL at a whopping 10,000,000,000 light years (Don't ask for scans, I don't have a clue how to find them on the internet) 

I already saw all the Proof I need by just looking at the fight. 
Thats why the giant mech head has a planet on it's head:    
Thats why Earth even from a distance was taking up a rather large portion of said "galaxy":  
The simple fact people can actually SEE the fight without any aid or having a magic FTL Light is reason enough to know they aren't anywhere as close as big as your implying.
I don't care what author's say, I don't care what data-books say(for the most part, interesting reads though) and I don't care what a DVD box is going to tell me.  
Everything in that fight screams that said mechs aren't anywhere that large nor are the "galaxies" presented are actual galaxies.

/thread

@Hellos:

Are you one of the creator of Gurren Lagann? The creators pretty much said they are galaxy-sized, that pretty much end of story (You are acting like a DBZ fan boy saying that Thor haven't bust a planet)

@Destinyheroknight said:

@Hellos:

Are you one of the creator of Gurren Lagann? The creators pretty much said they are galaxy-sized, that pretty much end of story (You are acting like a DBZ fan boy saying Thor haven't bust a planet)

Thats not how it is and I've heard this exact argument used by hitsu "Creators word = god" versus whats actually going on contradicting that. 
I'll give the same response: 
If the Creator's word is God, then when Mcduffie has Black Panther own Mephisto it makes perfect sense and when he bans someone on his own site for saying Magneto > Static Shock simply on feats alone, he would be right when he insists Static is more powerful. It's not and the whole scenario under which Panther takes down Mephisto was ridiculous and Magneto had Static beat in feats. 
Writers say a lot of things. 
Some write some ridiculous scenarios like Leob's Rulk taking down a Watcher in a single hit and go at it with a Skyfather, it's nonsense without solid evidence.  
Having Rulk get owned by Wolverine in a bar fight = rather contradicting.

@Hellos:

The creator can do what ever they want, if they the one who created it (if Mcduffie (R.I.P) said Static can beat Magneto, then he can, since he the one created him and knows his limits, not the fans) Its fiction get over it

@Destinyheroknight said:

@Hellos:

The creator can do what ever they want, if they the one who created it (if Mcduffie (R.I.P) said Static can beat Magneto, then he can, since he the one created him and knows his limits, not the fans) Its fiction get over it

Difference from being able to do what they want and say what happened, despite evidence that shows directly otherwise, much like in this case. 
Big difference, he can say what he wanted to say, but feat wise, at least at the time, Magneto had him beat. Just like Mcduffie had Black Panther armbar someone that can !@#$% slap the Hulk, that doesn't make a smidge of sense. 
Theres nothing to get over, unless you can prove what they are saying is true, the writers words outside the actual piece of fiction means nothing in an argument.  

I can make my own fanfic character and have him break his fist punching a normal door, which said pain makes him spontaneously com-bust, then turn around and tell you all that he can beat the Hulk to death with the same fist, doesn't make it remotely true.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
wow this debate is pointless. Why are we arguing about the size of TTGL when it is CLEARLY galaxy sized if not bigger

@Hellos:

I can make my own fanfic character and have him break his fist punching a normal door, which said pain makes him spontaneously com-bust, then turn around and tell you all that he can beat the Hulk to death with the same fist, doesn't make it remotely true.
It true, because you the creator
You the one who created him, I can't say anything since its your universe and it going by your laws (I probably will call PIS, that about all)
 @Haofan123 said:
wow this debate is pointless. Why are we arguing about the size of TTGL when it is CLEARLY galaxy sized if not bigger

Evidence speaks to the contrary. Thats the whole problem.  
But don't get me wrong the debate is pointless for the most part. Odin should easily kill them regardless, it's just a problem with people thinking he's actually a galaxy sized robot when he's not and that he can actually chuck real galaxies like Shuriken or slam two of them together to make a big bang, which isn't anything like a big bang, but a beam of energy. etc.
If NOTHING made sense, if SIZE was clearly distorted and the only real objects present screamed that size was completely off = it's tough to argue the galaxy sized robot is a galaxy sized robot.
@Destinyheroknight said:

@Hellos:

I can make my own fanfic character and have him break his fist punching a normal door, which said pain makes him spontaneously com-bust, then turn around and tell you all that he can beat the Hulk to death with the same fist, doesn't make it remotely true.
It true, because you the creator
You the one who created him, I can't say anything since its your universe and it going by your laws (I probably will call PIS, that about all)
No it's not.

@Hellos:

Sigh, I already put down who wins (this is way off topic, why don't you make a thread about this) I leaving now see ya, here a Bum review for Gurren Lagann enjoy

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Hellos said:
 @Haofan123 said:

Evidence speaks to the contrary. Thats the whole problem.  
But don't get me wrong the debate is pointless for the most part. Odin should easily kill them regardless, it's just a problem with people thinking he's actually a galaxy sized robot when he's not and that he can actually chuck real galaxies like Shuriken or slam two of them together to make a big bang, which isn't anything like a big bang, but a beam of energy. etc.
If NOTHING made sense, if SIZE was clearly distorted and the only real objects present screamed that size was completely off = it's tough to argue the galaxy sized robot is a galaxy sized robot.

Dont get me wrong,I think Odin takes this as well, but seriously, TTGL is bigger than a galaxy. Tell me, why do you think the creators would have it any other way?
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Hellos: Dude, it's Gurren Lagann. This is a series where they break the laws of physics, science, and reality on an almost episodic basis. Logic cannot be applied to it. One can only marvel at it's ridiculous, over the top Awesomeness.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel