@solesamurai: He doesn't know that they are looking for him...
And he's not gonna be dropped in hill billy land nowhere near anyone. Probably 1 km away from a rand village. There is pretty much no "hide and get more prep time" option. I don't see him extracting any of those materials effectively to make anything, he lacks very basic tools, finding them wouldn't be too much of a problem.
And Tony is still good with prep regardless.
1. You didn't put in the OP that they had no knowledge Nor did you put any specific distances therefor it is to be assumed they get more than 3-5 minutes of time to work with.
2. That is incredibly unfair, you made it so they can't use resources or make use of random items they find like rusty kunai for cutting wood. Or even give them the time to make this fair.
3. If he had enough time he could make a fire and melt all the metals to make the armor, but since you made it since they have no time nor do they even know they're being looked for this is pretty much a stomp.
4. You basically gave them useless prep trapped them in a world of nothing for 10 years made it so they had no idea what was going on, made it so resources would be useless since they are not able to make tools out of random items, and made them hunted down. Because you had to be the one beat them with a crapload of prep time.
5. This thread is meaningless then, if they know nothing they do not know they're in danger and therefor can't win. Useless thread is useless.