super perfect cell vs broly

Topic started by ktarinze on May 1, 2010. Last post by nishi99 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by radhounecharbib (48 posts) See mini bio Level 2
@ReiKai said:
" Like it said; shattered. That means most of it was destroyed and only fragments remained. Also, as I've said, Brolly performed this in a de-powered state. It was all under Paragus' command. He needed to lure Vegeta to New Vegeta, and of course he still needed it around so Brolly wouldn't destroy it.  Brolly one-shotting it is the most plausible explanation available. The only others include him targeting nearly everyone of hundreds of millions of planets and trillions of stars within the galaxy and firing off that many blasts to destroy them all simultaneously, giving him targeting abilities and his attack speeds of such FTL levels as to be impossible for any other DBZ'er to measure. The other involves Brolly flying through the galaxy destroying each and every planet and star he comes across one at a time, but the rate of his speed would be billions, if not, trillions of times the speed of light for him to have accomplished this feat in a matter of seconds as indicated in the movie. Such a thing would place him a Pre-Crisis Superman levels of speed.  And this is why we settle on the one-shotting move. It's more easily explainable and it's not like we haven't seen such things occur in fiction before either. "
Then how would you know the DBU' s galaxy would have billions of stars? It takes place in completely fictional world (unlike in many other fictions in fact) , so that assumption is baseless. For all we know, the galaxy could only have a few thousand stars.
Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
DBU is based off the real world (ie Planet Earth, even shows Saturn and whatnot, meaning they start in the Milky Way). Galaxies as a standard have billions of stars. Somewhere in the manga or Daizenshuu it shows the 4 Galaxies and all are roughly equivalent in size. We do not even know how many stars exist in the Milky way. Best estimates are 100-400 billion stars and the estimated diameter of the galaxy is 100,000 lightyears. That's 586,569,600,000,000,000mi.
@ReiKai said:
" DBU is based off the real world (ie Planet Earth, even shows Saturn and whatnot, meaning they start in the Milky Way). Galaxies as a standard have billions of stars. Somewhere in the manga or Daizenshuu it shows the 4 Galaxies and all are roughly equivalent in size. We do not even know how many stars exist in the Milky way. Best estimates are 100-400 billion stars and the estimated diameter of the galaxy is 100,000 lightyears. That's 586,569,600,000,000,000mi. "
Yet their planet Earth is completely different in geography than ours. I know it is based on the real world (then again isn't almost every fiction out there), but their world is vastly different from ours.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,703 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@radhounecharbib: i suggest you watch the first 30 sec of the brolly movie, its since then hes a galaxy buster, we literally see it. 
@radhounecharbib said:
Yet their planet Earth is completely different in geography than ours. I know it is based on the real world (then again isn't almost every fiction out there), but their world is vastly different from ours. "
It's also the future. Aside from geographic features which can be explained by the shifting of tectonic plates, the whole rest of the solar system is the same, and the galaxy. So my argument stands for the sheer size and scale of the galaxy. You, however, are trying to say the galaxy is smaller than it actually is with nothing to support it, stating that it's fiction. It being fictional doesn't make a galaxy any smaller. There's nothing to suggest it's smaller nor any evidence to prove such.
Post by Kestrel (50 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Broly

I still find him highly overrated
@ReiKai: @hitsusatsu11 said:
" @radhounecharbib: i suggest you watch the first 30 sec of the brolly movie, its since then hes a galaxy buster, we literally see it.  "
I've seen the movie a few months ago,  and I did see a galaxy disappear. 

Yeah, I think there isn't too much point in arguing about this anymore.
Broly=Galaxy destroyer thread/
And it is obvious non-canon DBZ (especially the movies) have much more impressive feats than their canonical counterparts.
Post by mysticboy (144 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Broly did not bust a galaxy in one shot, he gradually destroyed it over time. So with that said, he could've been destroying the stars of solar systems, and with that said, Cell could gradually galaxy bust as well (at an even faster rate via IT). 

And for good measure... 

dasavage68 gets my points across pretty clearly

Broly did not bust a galaxy in one shot, he gradually destroyed it over time.

Incorrect. King Kai's reaction to the devastation was immediate. Meaning, it happened all at once, not over a lengthy period. The Narrator's statement says as much and after the event, Brolly did not use his power again until after Goku arrived on "New Vegeta", yet the surviving (if completely ruined planets) were still giving off strong traces of Brolly's SSJ energy. And you do realize that the whole bit with Trunks was a Plot-Device, right?

im with good ol' reikai on this one 

watch brolly destroy an entire galaxy in seconds, there is no way to disprove it. No one can claim it hyperbole because it actually happens on screen. Even if you account for the new planet vegeta and a few star systems being left in tact in order to lure the z senshi to said planet vegeta,(which is the reason brolly is destroying the galaxy in the first place) this still only amounts to less than 1/2 of 1 percent of the galaxy being left, so Brolly still destroyed at least 99% of a galaxy, and there is simply no way to disprove this.    

Also in the jap original kaiosamma says (as he watches the galaxy being destroyed within a matter of seconds) "the south galaxy is being...... at this rate my galaxy is next!" 
further proving the point. 
Post by ktarinze (577 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@ReiKai said:
"The Narrator stated the South Galaxy was shattered by a Super Saiyan. That would be Brolly and it visibly showed the galaxy going out. It's not hyperbole when the evidence is right there.

@ktarinze said:
in the movie 10 he just got to a higher power level thanks to his lss form he came in with the same power level cell would end it quickly knowing that his power would just increase "
Incorrect. Brolly was even more powerful because he survived a severe injury and spent 7yrs of near-death on ice and was subconsciously siphoning the energy of the land all around him to keep himself alive, as evidenced by the villagers themselves stating they started suffering a major drought as of 7yrs prior when something awoke the "mountain god". Gohan went SS2 and was still getting slapped silly by LSSJ Brolly. Cell still doesn't compare, because as I've explained, Brolly was overpowering 2 SS2's and a SSJ at the same time, which puts him on a much higher level than SPC."

the saiyans only increase after a near death injury there power level does not keep increasing gohan was still putting up a fight in ss2 form against that broly and teen gohan is way stronger then that gohan
@ReiKai said:
"

Incorrect. King Kai's reaction to the devastation was immediate. Meaning, it happened all at once, not over a lengthy period. The Narrator's statement says as much and after the event, Brolly did not use his power again until after Goku arrived on "New Vegeta", yet the surviving (if completely ruined planets) were still giving off strong traces of Brolly's SSJ energy. And you do realize that the whole bit with Trunks was a Plot-Device, right?"

that doesnt mean it happened all at once it still could happen at diffrent times
Looks like Broly baby sakes this battle even though SPC has a much bigger variety of moves and abilities.
@ReiKai said:
"

Incorrect. King Kai's reaction to the devastation was immediate. Meaning, it happened all at once, not over a lengthy period. The Narrator's statement says as much and after the event, Brolly did not use his power again until after Goku arrived on "New Vegeta", yet the surviving (if completely ruined planets) were still giving off strong traces of Brolly's SSJ energy. And you do realize that the whole bit with Trunks was a Plot-Device, right? "
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" im with good ol' reikai on this one 

watch brolly destroy an entire galaxy in seconds, there is no way to disprove it. No one can claim it hyperbole because it actually happens on screen. Even if you account for the new planet vegeta and a few star systems being left in tact in order to lure the z senshi to said planet vegeta,(which is the reason brolly is destroying the galaxy in the first place) this still only amounts to less than 1/2 of 1 percent of the galaxy being left, so Brolly still destroyed at least 99% of a galaxy, and there is simply no way to disprove this.    

Also in the jap original kaiosamma says (as he watches the galaxy being destroyed within a matter of seconds) "the south galaxy is being...... at this rate my galaxy is next!" further proving the point.  "
You guys do realize that there's no way in hell that Broly could unleash one blast that could eat away at an entire galaxy in just a few seconds right?
@mysticboy: what i see on screen which is corroborated by kaiosamma>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>what you think broly can do
@hitsusatsu11: look at the video i posted. the narrator clearly stated that the galaxy is "being" destroyed. narrator>king kai
@mysticboy: of course, being destroyed right before kaiosamma's eyes. The fact the narrator says the south galaxy is under supersaiyan attack, then we see the galaxy being destroyed, then kaiosamma confirms this and says the north galaxy is next all proves brolly is a galaxy buster. 
Super Perfect Cell looses because he's roughly equal to a first-time SSJ2 in power.

Broly is much more than just that.
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" @mysticboy: of course, being destroyed right before kaiosamma's eyes. The fact the narrator says the south galaxy is under supersaiyan attack, then we see the galaxy being destroyed, then kaiosamma confirms this and says the north galaxy is next all proves brolly is a galaxy buster.  "

yea but it took time to destroy it he said it is getting destroyed meaning it is taking time
@radhounecharbib said:
"Super Perfect Cell looses because he's roughly equal to a first-time SSJ2 in power.  Broly is much more than just that. "

i dont think broly is stronger then every super saiyan 2 i dont think he could beat gohan ss2 in cell saga also i dont think he can beat ss2 goku or vegeta ss2 in buu saga
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel