Suggestion Box for Battlations

Topic started by takashichea on Nov. 23, 2013. Last post by takashichea 1 month, 4 weeks ago.
Post by takashichea (10,922 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@Baal_Raam:

September 12, 2013. I don't know what ranking I belong because there were a total of 20 users or more in Anime Vice that were promoted in the past 5 years. Only 9 users out of the community currently hold this role.

I was assigned to be a wiki mod not a forum mod, but I went beyond my scope when I thought Sonata needed help managing this area. Now, I can't quit until someone else becomes Sonata's partner, and I can go off managing the wiki, an area that I'm capable with.

Post by Baal_Raam (617 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@takashichea: Well damn man, good for you.

Online Now

@Baal_Raam:

This battle forum needs two battle mods: Sonata and someone better than me. There are 4 users here that have the potential. It's just that one of the four need to do a community project or comment enough on the front page to be recognized by the staff.

Post by Vapovile (1,746 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Online Now

I don't know if this is still an option, but some of the site's quests could be added to include achievements in the battle section. Like using a number of links to the wiki to support your argument, or getting X number of replies on one of your topics. Just a thought.

Online Now

@Vapovile:

If the site has more engineers who have a strong interest in the battle forums, then yes that's a good idea. Don't know if you know this: when Anime Vice and Screened was bought by BermanBraun and Giant Bomb and Comic Vine was bought by CBS Interactive, Comic Vine and Giant Bomb got a new upgrade. AV and Screened never got their upgrade.

Online Now

@takashichea: What sort of features were added to CV and GB in their upgrade? Also, do you know if the quest system was made before or after it was bought by BermanBraun?

Online Now

@Vapovile:

Comic Vine, Anime Vice, Giant Bomb, and Screened were once part of a family called Whiskey Media. They all had quests before BermanBraun and CBS Interactive. When Giant Bomb and Comic Vine were bought and upgraded, the quests were deactivated in their sites. I don't know if the engineers over at Comic Vine will bring back the quests.

Over the years, I seen folks petition the staff and engineers for new quests and even writing up new quests: So any new quest sets coming soon? and New Quests.

Online Now

@takashichea: Huh, I never knew that all 4 sites were part of one umbrella at one point. Thanks for letting me know Taka :D.

I only ask now because the Battle section is the most popular section on the site, and it would give people more of an incentive to both make quality battle threads, and keep new people coming back to the website. Plus, in the case of the wiki links one, it would show some battalions that we have an extensive wiki, which they might decide to contribute to. Mutually beneficial for both parties, in my opinion.

Post by Haiken (1,041 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@takashichea: Just a suggestion, how about allowing omnipotent battles on CAV threads..

Online Now

@Haiken:

Talk with at the The Official CAV Thread

Online Now

and everyone else

Since I will be busy with school, the battle threads will have no mod to patrol it. When Sonata and I are not online, you guys and gals are online and spot a problem.

Problems and Solutions

• When you spot a battle thread that has no pics, try to ask the user if they're using a mobile device first. I notice that glitch and three battle users. Tell them that Taka will help add images to the OP. Tell them to go to the IPAD's Glitches and Mobile Device Glitches (Not created yet) thread to post a bug repot.
  • If a thread violates the rules (being a poll), call me to lock it. I'll probably lock threads at night since I started school.
  • If a thread is spite or it's hard to tell if it's one sided, please talk to the user of the OP first. I feel users especially new ones feel stigmatized. We want to help them adjust to our rules. Gather a majority to see if a thread needs locking. Be mature about it. I don't want to see folks commenting "IN B4 the Lock" I don't like those comments. Doesn't show any maturity and respect to me honestly.

Edit:

Reply if my solutions need tweaking. If I left any key issues, let me know.

If a user is blatantly harassing everyone (IE: verbally cussing), contact any available mod online.

• Daniel Newton - highest priority if Sonata and Taka are not online
Online Now

Since we have a sizable amount of users wanting to make large battle topics, I would like to request an edit to the picture requirement rule. For battles over 5 characters on either side, that thread doesn't need to post pictures for that side of the battle. An example would be the gauntlet threads, which have too many fighters and getting pictures for them all would take too much time. Same goes for team battles over 5 people on either side. What do you think? I just don't to discourage large battles by making them do all this extra work. The character limit could be flexible as well. And for gauntlet threads, they would still need a picture of the character running it.

Online Now

@Vapovile:

For those type of threads, we need at least one image, either a group shot of Tag Team Battle threads or a shot of a combatant facing a Gauntlet match.

Online Now

@takashichea: Yeah, they would still need to provide an image of the combatants running the gauntlet. I just ask that we forgo the pictures of the 5+ opponents.

Online Now

@Vapovile:

For the gauntlet matches, I said a picture of the person facing the gauntlet needs to be there. If you have trouble finding an image of the gauntlet/ group, you don't need to put it up. I'm saying that we need at least one picture. I'm predicting what types of battle threads you guys and gals will come up with.

Post by Baal_Raam (617 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@takashichea: ah! Sorry I couldn't answer sooner...I was doing 30 in jail...

Post by ohgodwhy (1,500 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I don't know if this even possible but how about once a thread opens a countdown begins and then say 24 hours after the thread was initially opened a poll appears in the thread. People can then vote on who they thought won the battle based on all the arguments that made for each character.

This seems like a very good way for actually ending a battle thread because I would say at present 90% of battle threads on this site don't actually have an accepted winner.

Post by deadman323 (251 posts) See mini bio Level 12

how about method of test

a methof of test is method that put a new a character again certain characterl like naruto and other

Post by jerfro23 (145 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@deadman323: Just like how obd use Naruto verse as there method test

Online Now

@deadman323: @jerfro23:

Can you show me an example? Deadman, you shot me a PM, and I didn't respond since I was busy working on Toriko wiki project. I didn't know the test method? was related to the battle threads.

@ohgodwhy:

Sounds good, but sometimes, the site isn't active enough. Some threads would only get 3-10 comments. Probably do that poll once everyone said their arguments. Though, we keep it open for certain characters whose feats and abilities evolve as the series progress.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel