Suggestion Box for Battlations

Topic started by takashichea on Nov. 23, 2013. Last post by takashichea 1 month, 2 weeks ago.
Post by takashichea (10,622 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Hello everyone, I'm Taka, your wiki mod and not a battle mod. I do help Sonata, my teammate, from time to time. My first 2 months of being a moderater was an eye opener and had most frustrating experiences. I was never fit to be a battle mod, and I do wish someone (who knows the staff and community intimately) to rise up and help Sonata. It's two man job for this community at this moment, given the current population. As you all know, it has been tough between new users, old users, and new and old mods. I never thought I get involved with the battle community in Anime Vice. Things are improving.

I'm opening a suggestion box. I don't know if that's what folks call it in the States. Forgive me, I'm not an English native.

This is where you voice your concerns and suggestions to improve the site. I do advocate active participation especially from veteran Battlations. Please be respectful to your fellow users.

Thank you.

Rule Threads

User's Threads

Battle Specific Community Projects

Post by SMXLR8 (6,827 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@takashichea: well again the new rules are a little well you know but lets see how it goes

@SMXLR8:

I know what you're thinking, the meme and GIF rule. We'll see how it works. It all depends on Sonata's final call. I'm thinking of a solution.

• Posts memes to congratulate people rather than insult people
  • Don't post memes that has face palms, sexual discrimination, or racial slurs

@takashichea: yeah like that also with the 100 post rules should be increased if the thread is doing good and no one is breaking the rules

Post by Acura_Max (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@SMXLR8 said:

@takashichea: yeah like that also with the 100 post rules should be increased if the thread is doing good and no one is breaking the rules

I like this idea. It provides incentive for keeping the thread flame free.

@Acura_Max: =P

Post by Sonata (35,097 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: I'm still going to hold firm on the memes for now. If we do that it won't take someone long to abuse it. As for the 100 posts limits I could increase it over time through a Battle community vote. If people want ta thread re opened they can vote for it.

@Sonata: really cause I have a thread in mind that was closed due to an argument that was not settled

@SMXLR8: Post link here and I will look at it.

@Sonata:

http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/shounen-jump-alliance-vs-manga-warriors/341104/

@SMXLR8: Great now we will see if people will vote on it starting tomorrow. If they want it unlocked I will do so and let it go on for another 100 posts.

@Sonata: thanks so much , hope it gets unlocked

Post by DBZ_universe (15,385 posts) See mini bio Level 17

So we posts videos?

@DBZ_universe:

What kind of vids? Youtube vids of anime/manga feats are useful. Any vids that are not about the combatants in the battle thread shouldn't be allowed.

@takashichea: how about just for the LOL's videos or nice videos that

@SMXLR8: @DBZ_universe:

That doesn't violate any rules when I took another look at Sonata's new rules. Yeah if the videos are not insulting anyone, it should be okay. Just try not to use too many videos otherwise new users will get the wrong impression.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,385 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@takashichea: I though you meant post videos of our selves talking about the battle forum.

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Hey, I suggest you remove the 100-post limit on threads since it may lead to the same thread being made over and over again.

@supernova7005: Threads that have been locked by the 100 post limits can be unlocked by community vote. Over The Limit!: AV Battle Community Vote Thread.

@supernova7005:

That's true, but you underestimate the creativity of the folks here. This is motivation for folks to make new types of threads. I seen tag teams, running the gauntlet, and more.

Edit:

We need to push Battlations to do more.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel