Strip away all powers everyone has human durability

Topic started by Son_of_Manus on Dec. 26, 2009. Last post by ReiKai 4 years, 12 months ago.
Post by Son_of_Manus (525 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Every anime/manga character goes in a arena just there hands and fights who comes out the victor?
Post by ReiKai (3,550 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Not every anime/manga character is Human, thus many have greater than human abilities for the simple fact they're Not Human.Having greater strength/durability/etc doesn't always have to do with powers as it does a Racial ability.
that is why I said human durability human strength
Post by taichokage (15,400 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Son_of_Manus said:
" that is why I said human durability human strength "
still hard to judge. Goku for instance has trained all his life and done some training humans couldn't. how would we judge each of their strengths?
Post by ssjsuperman (1,661 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@taichokage said:
" @Son_of_Manus said:
" that is why I said human durability human strength "
still hard to judge. Goku for instance has trained all his life and done some training humans couldn't. how would we judge each of their strengths? "
all at peak human all equal just who is the best fighter uses his environment in a fight thinks in a fight all attributes to win a fight come on we do this in comicvine all the time
Post by Dream (8,292 posts) See mini bio Level 21
If all anime characters were reduced to normal human attributes, I imagine Guts being a possible survivor as he slaughtered 100 soldiers while guarding Caska and hacked apart countless apostles in the Abyss all without any kind of magic or superhuman attributes. That, and he's survived against normally fatal injuries. Even while injured, the guy's still willing to hack some heads and other body parts off.
Post by Zelrios (14 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Hmmm, Taskmaster doesn't have a power, he's just got a weird version of photographic memory that lets him copy any ones fighting style based on sight. It's not classified as a power, it's just how his mind works. So I'd have to say him... but then again deadpool can beat him cause deadpool has no fighting style. Captain America is considered the best hand to hand fighter in the marvel universe but that could be attributed to his super soldier formula. Toss up between these three and maybe Ryu considering take away his hadouken and he's a normal person. Gosh that's another loop hole... Ryu uses Chi, which is an energy real martial artists can manipulate... Can you say super hadouken in captain america's face? If I broke the rules however just remove the ryu part.

edit: if you can't tell I'm a little wired on caffine and have been awake for over 24 hours lol. My apologies.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Riki Oh has that crazy punch and enough willpower to boot his tanking capabilities
Post by taichokage (15,400 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Goku. In terms of fighting alone he's pretty much the best.
In terms of actual skill, Kenshiro stomps all over Goku's. Not to mention there are various extreme master swordsman and martial artists throughout anime/manga. It's just stupid to drop everyone down to supposedly human-level abilities when there is no way of measuring it for all people natural alien or whatever abilities are greater, leaving no way to measure what ther 'human' level could be without them. Frankly you take away The Force from Jedi/Sith and they all become a bunch of pathetic losers with sub-standard swordsmanship. 

There's Yosho in Tenchi Muyo who's an extremely skilled swordsman, but how're we to know if it is just all skill and not his Jurian abilities? There's no way to tell and that really goes for 99% of anime as well. Hell there are 'Human' fighters in Tenjo Tenghe and they're capable of superhuman feats ( think one punches through a car or something). And what about the cyborgs? How're they supposed to be measured? Having a robot arm or whatnot isn't a power or anything but you wanna make it so hardened metal alloys only have 'human' durability and strength? It makes no sense and doesn't help in any kind of argument. I mean hell, look, Will Smith in "I, ROBOT" had a robot arm that was really damn strong despite him being just human.

Or look, Robot Boy, for instance. How're we supposed to measure him at 'human' levels when he has machine guns in his ass? Seriously, and those aren't a power either. It's standard equipment for him. Armitage has a laser in her arm, what're we supposed to do about that? Assume all humans, cyborgs, aliens, super-naturals, etc etc only have unmeasured human strength/durability/etc and try to figure who's the best based on...what exactly? Skill? Just about every skilled martial artist or swordsman in Anime/Manga was either super-human or trained to the point of becoming super-human, abilities which you're then removing from the list.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@ReiKai: you mean astro?

this is why i hate equating people
Because there's no real way to do it. Can't take all these people who've never been at human level and expect to see what they can do as 'just' humans, especially if they're not human. There's just no way.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel