Strength compared to Superman

Topic started by Versus on June 21, 2010. Last post by Kelleth 4 years, 1 month ago.
Post by Versus (10 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Who would you say is, physically, the strongest DBZ character? Broly? Goku? Now take him and rank him on a fair scale from 1-10, where 10 is on par with Superman and 1 is normal human strength. Please take into account all of their physical strength feats before posting.

Now, let's do this with something else. Take other anime. Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, etc., and let's do the same thing. Who, physically, is the strongest character in the anime, and what is his/her greatest strength feat? How would you rank him/her?

To be honest, I am really trying to do this as an exercise to see where anime characters rank physically compared to a comic character on someone like Superman or Hulk's level.

You know what? Let's also take this a step further and just include your favorite anime. Bleach, One Piece, whatever you want, it doesn't matter. Take the strongest character in their respective show, and rank them on a scale from 1-10. Let's try to see how far we can get with this; how many anime characters we can get in this list and rank up against each other.
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Versus:  Errrr... sorry but this is a no DBZ vs Superman Zone. Still since you mentioned that you want to hear how well characters from other franchises will fair in power i guess that's okay. but not DB/Z/GT/Kai vs Superman please! o yeah and also moved to the battle forums
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,182 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Not another DBZ vs. Superman thread... why do people always want to make this comparison? Nobody ever wins in this argument. Plus it's hard to compare someone to Superman anyway, his abilities have been altered so many times there are lots of different versions of Superman at this point, one of which, in an old comic, was seen pulling a solar system through space on a giant chain.

It's a similar problem with the Hulk but to a lesser extent, I'm pretty sure Goku could destroy the Hulk without too much effort at all, even if you argued that the Hulks strength was comparable to Goku's, the Hulk still has a ridiculous speed disadvantage. I mean, Goku would be flying, the Hulk would do what? Jump at him an hope Goku doesn't dodge?

I'm not even going to attempt to start a Superman argument, but I'll say this; Goku was immensely powerful, Vegito, at his base form, is stronger than Goku in his most powerful form (excluding GT, let's stick to canon stuff here) and Vegito can then ascend to Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2 and I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to ascend to Super Saiyan 3 as well, which is insanely powerful.
Post by abysofpride (1,275 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Why are you guys even talking about DC or Marvel Characters? This is an Anime Site, Not a DC Or Marvel Site.

Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@abysofpride:  We where talking about Superman vs misc anime characters, or rather who is the physically strongest anime character. you know what just read the first post :P
@Newten: @abysofpride:  I'm not asking who would win in a fight. As clearly stated in the OP, I am ranking them, not pitting them against one another in battle.
@abysofpride: You're allowed to make threads about Anime characters vs. characters from other media, there's nothing wrong with that.
@Versus: Yeah but you still want to compare them to Superman don't you? So it doesn't make much of a difference really.

There's no real way to rate character's power out of 10... Vegito is is so much more powerful than Goku that he makes all other characters pointless to compare to.
@Newten: What are Vegito's physical strength feats? This is what I am getting at. Not only to Superman, but against other anime characters as well. How does Vegito compare in physical power to say Zaraki Kenpachi or Roronoa Zoro? Does he have more impressive strength feats? Has he shown to lift a mountain and they haven't? This is what I am trying to get at.
@Versus: Well that's the problem and one of the main reasons people who haven't watching Dragon Ball Z don't understand why fans think they're as strong as they are. They aren't often seen performing feats of physical strength, they're just seen fighting more and more powerful opponents.

I'll tell you something though, if Superman really has the power of 1000 men, then Goku could crush him with ease, because if we're talking in terms of power levels used in Dragon Ball Z, Superman would have a power level of around 5000, as 5 is the average power level of a human. When Goku was fighting Frieza as a Super Saiyan, his power level was 150,000,000.

But none of that means anything I was just throwing stuff out there :P

I'm having a look around on the internet but it really is hard to find any physical feats of characters in DBZ, how about you? what physical feats of Superman would you want to compare them to?
@Newten:  I'm just trying to see if anime characters have been shown to have strength feats that are comparable to his. For example, when he pulled 1/3 of the Earth along with Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter, when he punched Lobo from Earth into space, hell even something simple like lifting a car. DBZ is known primarily for it's energy based power, but not it's physical based power. Hell, you would think that Broly, being possibly the biggest DBZ character would be able to lift mountains, but the fact is he hasn't been shown to be able to so it's really an assumption to say that he can. It's like in science. Size doesn't equal mass. Just because something is bigger, doesn't make it heavier. Just because Broly is bigger, doesn't mean he can lift a mountain easier than say Frieza or Kid Buu can, you feel me? I mean, like I said, DBZ is primarily known to be all about energy based power, but not a lot of, or barely any physical based power. Like, how does Goku fair physically against someone like Luffy? Or someone like Naruto? These are things that I would like to know. Goku trains constantly, so you would think he would be strong, but just how physically strong is he compared to them? He doesn't really have a giant collection of strength feats that one can go to to try and support just how strong he is.
@Versus: Yeah that's exactly the problem, this is why most if not all threads like this end up being pretty much useless.

All I can think of off the top of my head is when Gohan lifted Videl's helicopter with ease, uhh, Goku caught a bus once... I dunno.
Post by ssjsuperman (1,661 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Versus: the most i have seen from a anime character in terms of strength is a girl moving a planet and ttgl throwing   Galaxies 

if your asking how those dbz strength far to supermans the bifgist feats i have seen from a superman comic was 

silver age superman could  move entire planets 

all star could lift  over    Quintillion tons  

i heard that   kal kent could lift a galaxy but im not sure   

those are strength feats that dbz would never really have.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@abysofpride said:
"

Why are you guys even talking about DC or Marvel Characters? This is an Anime Site, Not a DC Or Marvel Site.

"
QFT
Post by Danilo018 (419 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Vegetto's strength is comparable to Superman's if not higher. And that's since it was stated in Daizenshuu (all of daizenshuu were monitored by Akira Toryama) that Vegetto's power = Goku's power * Vegeta's power, so basicly it means that Vegetto is at least billions of times more powerfull than both Vegeta and Goku. And I don't see why   (1 000 000 000 + ) * Goku's strength shouldn't be in Superman's league and higher than Supes.
Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Vegetto's strength is not comparable to Superman's. No DBZ characters is. He lacks feats. While DBZ'ers can shatter mountains with just exchanging blows, that doesn't come close to approaching Superman's strength who can lift trillions of tons effortlessly and move celestial objects. While I have agreed that DBZ'ers could still hurt him because of their greater combat ability and ability to use their chi to increase the force of their blows, in terms of pure physical strength, there is no comparison whatsoever.

We could calc the Z-fighters into class 100 levels, but that's about it and doesn't suggest they could do anything on the level of Superman or most strength-imbued comic characters. American comics have people who can shatter planets with physical blows. In one DC comic Superman in Bizzaro's body literally punches Bizzaro who was in Superman's body through the entire planet, in one end and to the other. Yet to see a DBZ'er do something of that nature and firing an energy beam through the Supreme Kai's planet is not the same.
Post by RadiantTheLight (733 posts) See mini bio Level 7

If it's about strenght, then I think Superman wins.
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Superman can bench press more then any DBZ character
Post by Danilo018 (419 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@ReiKai said:
"Vegetto's strength is not comparable to Superman's. No DBZ characters is. He lacks feats. While DBZ'ers can shatter mountains with just exchanging blows, that doesn't come close to approaching Superman's strength who can lift trillions of tons effortlessly and move celestial objects. While I have agreed that DBZ'ers could still hurt him because of their greater combat ability and ability to use their chi to increase the force of their blows, in terms of pure physical strength, there is no comparison whatsoever.  We could calc the Z-fighters into class 100 levels, but that's about it and doesn't suggest they could do anything on the level of Superman or most strength-imbued comic characters. American comics have people who can shatter planets with physical blows. In one DC comic Superman in Bizzaro's body literally punches Bizzaro who was in Superman's body through the entire planet, in one end and to the other. Yet to see a DBZ'er do something of that nature and firing an energy beam through the Supreme Kai's planet is not the same."

Yea but did you read my post Vegetto is at leats billions of times more powerfull than Goku and I think that's enough for being in strength class with Superman or even higher
Post by Lotus (17 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Do superman know kung fu? cuz Goku does!.. Goku is a 7.9 for sure (average all the saga), Batman a 1.9 (0.9 will power).
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel