Storm Vs Trafalgar Law

Topic started by One_Piece_God on June 16, 2013. Last post by taichokage 8 months ago.
Post by One_Piece_God (540 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@solesamurai:

Storm has power over

• electrical energy
  • electromagnetic energy
  • kinetic/tidal energy
  • Thermal/internal energy
  • Radiant/solar energy
  • Potential energy
  • Chemical enrgy
  • Atmosphere
  • On occassion cosmic energy

As @TheNeutralOne: said at her peak she would be one of the strongest Omega-lvl mutants.

Post by taichokage (12,478 posts) See mini bio Level 20
No Storm is not omega level. I believe she is alpha level, the second highest class. If you compare her, strong as she is to true omega mutants, it becomes pretty clear. Magneto, Iceman, Franklin Richards, X-man, etc. these characters range from planetary to universal scale in Franklin's case. Storm is tough but not that tough. And again she should win here. She freeze Law faster than he could do, well almost anything to her.
Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@TheNeutralOne: No she isn't an omega level mutant. She has to be powered up directly by Gaea in order to use the weather to it's fullest potential, she also can't cause earthquakes, since it's not a weather phenomenon at least to my knowledge. Magneto's powers over the years have gone in new directions, he doesn't just control metal, he can manipulate the entire electromagnetic spectrum as he wishes. He can rip the iron out of her blood if he wants too, that's just how powerful he is.

@One_Piece_God said:

@solesamurai:

Storm has power over

• electrical energy
  • electromagnetic energy
  • kinetic/tidal energy
  • Thermal/internal energy
  • Radiant/solar energy
  • Potential energy
  • Chemical enrgy
  • Atmosphere
  • On occassion cosmic energy

As @TheNeutralOne: said at her peak she would be one of the strongest Omega-lvl mutants.

No, half of that stuff you posted she can't do without being powered by gaea r at all. She cannot manipulate solar energy, she cannot manipulate electro magnetic energy, she cannot manipulate potential or chemical energy at all, she cannot manipulate cosmic energy, or the atmosphere, not can she manipulate thermal or internal energy. her powers are specifically control over weather phenomenons such as thunder, high winds, tsunami's ect. She is a planetary threat at best when powered by gaea.

Lol Do you even know what an Omega level mutant is? being like Franklin Richards are Universal in power, he made galactus his herald. Iceman has potential to be a universal life eraser since at his peak he could control absolute zero tempuratures. Storm at her best is a planetary threat when powered by gaea(meaning she isn't even that strong on her own)and I'm being really nice about it. She is nowhere near as strong as you think she is.

He's evolved even further. He can actually open worm holes now and he's pretty much planetary level now. He proved both feats when a projectile with enough velocity to shatter planet was headed for earth. He no only stopped it (meaning he exerted enough magnetic power to equal a planetary destructive force), but he opened a wormhole inside the projectile to rescue the unwilling inhabitant at the same time so she wouldn't be killed under the pressure. That's the power of an omega level mutant, and he's nowhere near the top of that level.

@taichokage: You see reading stuff like this really makes me wonder how he is not classified as Omega level yet. He just keeps developing more and more. Doesn't surprise me in the least he is planetary level now. They don't call him the master of magnetism for nothing.

Exactly. How strong do you have to be? No one is touching the likes of Franklin, Jean or Wanda Maximoff (the latter 2 actually having some powers not directly related to the x-gene), but you don't have to be that strong to be I omega level. i know Iceman is now classified as Onega level. He evolved ridiculously and makes even Z cast look like they have normal progression. He went from throwing snowballs to being able to stop motion on a sub atomic level.

@taichokage: lol Yup, At his peak he can reach absolute zero tempuratures effectively nullifying heat on a universal scale. That's what makes him a universal Life eraser. Jean IMO was moreso Omega level based off the phoenix, without it I can't see why she is Omega level(unless she can mindrape on a planetary scale or something) Wanda was damn near Omnipotent in House of M.

IIRC there is no real classification of power to be a omega level mutant, an omega level mutant is basically someone who has the potential to reach the peak of their genetic material for their power group. So Franklin Richards is an Omega level mutant not because he is universal, but because he is at the peak of his power group. For Storm to be considered an omega level mutant she'd need to be able to control all aspects of weather not just manipulate it to a certain degree(as she does have her limits).

@solesamurai: @taichokage:

I'm not stupid enough to think she is Franklin's lvl lol. Omega-lvl mutant range in strength with the latter being able to stomp the others when serious.

@solesamurai said:

She cannot manipulate solar energy, she cannot manipulate electro magnetic energy, she cannot manipulate potential or chemical energy at all, she cannot manipulate cosmic energy, or the atmosphere, not can she manipulate thermal or internal energy. her powers are specifically control over weather phenomenons such as thunder, high winds, tsunami's ect.

None of these she was powered by gaea.

Solar energy:

• Storm was able to manipulate the radiant energy from the solar corona of the sun and convert it to solar winds to fly in space
  • She created a 12 Force Gale to destroy a sentinel backed by the full power of the sun
  • She summoned the full power of an entire galactic core within herself to stop a brood transformation

Electromagnetic energy:

• She was able to channel a large amount of EM energy into Collossus and has also shown the ability to create EMPs of varying degrees
  • Using a combination of gamma radiation and kinetic energy Storm was able to deflect solar flares from the sun

Potential energy:

• Storm can channel her power and convert the potential energy of storm systems whether it's a rainstorm, blizzard or hurricane etc
  • Storm was shown to channel the potential energy of an entire tempest into Lorna Dane to augment her abilities
  • When she unintentionally created a hyperstorm she once again had to tap into the potential energy of the storm to prevent it from growing any further
  • Storm also manipulated the potential energy of Shaman's blizzard in order to muster control over the storm
  • One of her best feats of using potential energy is when largest being when she channeled the potential energy of the entire Trion dimension in order to heal it's inhabitants

Chemical energy:

• She can generate electricity and various other weather elements from her body (she can also alter these elements such as water/air)
  • She created a bathing suit out of thin air

Cosmic energy:

• Its only a guess but her galactic core feat strongly suggest this as she realised she was being fed power physically and mentally
  • She can easily house powerful cosmic essences, Doctor Strange knew she would be alright when he placed Eternity in her mind

Atmosphere/medium: when I say atmosphere I mean gravitational bound bodies and cohesive structures that are bound together by gravity i.e. asteroids, moons, planets, stars, whole dimensions, and even on a smaller scale, bodies of water or air masses

• She has manipulated space weather, such as solar flares, solar winds and channeled the surrounding invisible energies of space into powerful lightning bolts after discovering empty space as being a powerful atmosphere/medium full of energy patterns that she could control
  • Her powers adapt according to her atmosphere/medium, no matter how big these mediums can make her both more powerful and vice versa
  • Storm has been able sense objects and people as well as control ocean currents in what she describes as the "liquid atmosphere" underwater
  • She has been fed sustainable energy by the millions of stars and planets in the Galactic Core(an astronomical atmosphere/medium) after being exposed to it on a starship before it had given her the strength to channel the stellar energy through herself

Thermal/internal energy:

• Storm has manipulated thermal energy to rise or lower the temperature in her surrounding area
  • She can create blizzards and flash freeze her opponents, she did the latter to Collossus in an instant
  • She can also use this ability to create summer time conditions in the middle of winter
  • Storm was able to lower the internal temperature inside a gun -200 degrees even after it had been shot and before the trigger could be pulled
  • Storm manipulated the internal temperature of the Phalanx to the point that the organic fibers of the monster separated from it's technical fibers

Its a common misconception that storm just controls the weather, she actually has the ability to perceive, sense ,and manipulate multiple forms of energy that relate to various weather phenomena.

Wait there is more :D

• Storm has a special connection to her elemental surroundings that grant her an instinctual understanding of the orders of nature and vice versa, with nature understanding her
  • She been shown manipulating hydrogen atoms, electrons, and air directly
  • She can alter the state of water into all of it's forms at command from gas to liquid, liquid to ice and vice versa
  • She is shown controlling wind with enough precision to levitate a single pebble to pick a lock
  • She has created a hyper-ionized patch of air inside of a digital camera to erase it's memory
  • She produced a Jovian pressure field with more pressure than is found on Jupiter to contain a small scale nuclear explosion
  • Storm instantly altered the state of pressure in a building to make it explode from the inside she has been shown doing the same to a house
  • She can produce incredibly powerful barriers and fields to deflect objects and energy forces with her pressure control
  • She has been shown to buffer out sound
  • Very powerful telepahic resistance - she withstood the combine power of Professor X, Psylocke, and Oracle in Warkull who attempted to use their powers to destroy her and the X-men
  • Forces like the Shadow King unable to enter her mind due to the increased electrical activity in her brain described as static
  • In a casual encounter Jean tried to taste Storms icecream using telepathy but she could'nt and Storm was not even trying to resist
  • Xavier attempted to talk to an angry Storm who was causing a powerful electrical storm becuase her emotions where out of control, in his astral form, Xavier notes that her lightning was causing him pain, and that he was barely able to even maintain communication with her
  • After a battle with Bogan who was utilizing Rachel as his slave in an astral form, Storm allowed him to enter her mind before hitting the astral form directly with lightning destroying it
  • She has created a lightning field to block Rachel completely as well

I and many others who understand that Storms power is not just simple weather manipulation will agree that if she did not care about killing, if she did not hold back all the time, if her full potential was permanetly unlocked and no PIS. She would be one of the most powerful Omega-lvl mutants & I never said she was as strong as Franklin he is a super special case. Plus there is no actual rule to describe Omega-lvl mutants but the norm is unlimited potential, absolute control of a substance and live beyond physical form.

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,015 posts) See mini bio Level 10

so much this ---------------^

Bloodlusted storm has the ability to decrease a human's internal temperature to 0 meaning they will die. That kind of ability bypasses all forms of defense meaning its unstoppable especially if she can't be mindfucked easily. Granted I understand the belief that she isn't because with morals she would never dare do anything so barbaric.

Its only because of that moral compass and PIS and her occassional emotion unstability that she is not shown to stomp characters enough.

Post by BlackPhoenix (5 posts) See mini bio Level 4

@solesamurai said:

@One_Piece_God: Still wrong. magneto is borderline omega level, and he could have pneumonia, HIV(untreated), and have a bullet wound in his stomach and he'd still stomp storm like no one believes. To my understand an omega Level mutant is either a mutant who at top potential is the peak of their genetic material for their power group. Beings like iceman and Jean grey and Marvel girl are all omega level mutants. Storm is nothing compared to their power.

Well, it have been stated that Storm could beat Magneto if she really want to, but she always hold back.

Plus, to be an omega there are conditions. Jean fulfills 100% of them, she's obviously an omega, Iceman 90%. Xavier is an Omega too, but doesn't fulfill the conditions. In fact, to be a omega, it's up to the writer, you don't have to "fulfill all the conditions". Magneto isn't an Omega, he is " Omega Potential " just as Storm. Not being an Omega means that they haven't show all the extend of their powers, the writers know what they are doing.

To return on the topic : I'm going with Law here, with no knowledge of each other, he will quickly overwhelmed her. But if Storm goes seriously, she'll win.

I give it to Law 6/10

Post by jnw93 (125 posts) See mini bio Level 15

This fight comes down to who ever hits 1st and how far away they start from each other

Law is faster so could get close to her quickly and Storm has no regeneration so her durability is only a bit above a normal humans but she does have great reactions [she can react to lightning bolts]

she aslo has planetary range so she could fly as far away as she wants and still beat him + planetary destructive capability,she can make instant fog then make acid to kill him of fast.

her main attack she would use would most likely be her flash freeze [Manipulates the temperature to instantly freeze her opponent solid.]

But like i said if Law manages to stab her 1st its over.

@One_Piece_God: I need scans for all of this, all of it sounds like a bunch of crap she could only do powered by gaea if that.

Post by jnw93 (125 posts) See mini bio Level 15

BTW Magneto is not officially omega level

he has feats that could make him omega but there is no confirmation to say he is

unlike Iceman and jean.

In the X-men universe, there's a system of measuring the power levels of individual mutants, from Epsilon to Alpha, with the added Omega class being at the top as the creme de la creme of powerful individuals. There are eleven mutants that have been classified as being omega-level (according to Wikipedia, the number varies depending on where one looks); Jean Grey, Rachel Summers, Nate Grey, Vulcan, Hope Summers, Iceman , Mister M, Quentin Quire, Elixir, Legion and Franklin Richards. Some, such as Storm and Magneto, have been listed as possible omega-level, but it's not clear as to what that actually means. - what I found on comicvine

@jnw93: No one said he was omega level, we said he should be considered an omega level mutant because of blatantly powerful he is. But he isn't

Yeah. Sorry If my wording was misleading. But Storm is not equal to Magneto, let alone true omega mutants. But that's beside the point. The point is that Law has the better speed when you counter in teleportation, and he can actually defend against most of Storm's attacks, whereas Stirm cannot avoid his and cannot block any of them.
Post by TheNeutralOne (1,015 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@taichokage:

What will he do if storm insta lightening strikes, flash freezes, summons a tornado, takes away his visibility with mist or simply gets out of range? She has no knowledge and was the leader of the x-men and has years of battle experience, do you think she will rush into or take chances with an opponent she knows nothing about having full knowledge of the type of villains there are in her world?

@solesamurai said:

@One_Piece_God: I need scans for all of this, all of it sounds like a bunch of crap she could only do powered by gaea if that.

I can not be asked to put anymore up this should suffice.

Law can remove the mist, teleport to avoid being frozen or caught in a tornado. Lightning might be able to hit him but it's the only thing. Anyway, Storm would have to be mountain ranges away to be out of Law's range where she herself should be able to target him, and once in the room, he can do much worse things than she can.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel