Starrk runs a Shichibukai gauntlet

Topic started by Killer_of_trolls on Nov. 1, 2012. Last post by solesamurai 1 year, 10 months ago.
Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Knowledge: None

Conditions: Starrk starts in Resurrection, he has 3 hours of rest and prep between each round.

Intang OFF

Bloodlusted

1. Crocodile

2. Moriah

3. Jinbe

4. Law

5. Kuma

6. Hancock

7. Yami Teach

8. Mihawk

Post by taichokage (13,366 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Don't know if I agree with the final 4 ranking. Well he can breeze through the first 3. Law is somewhat different, but it seems he doesn't care very well against very quick fighters as Starrk is. Even after getting back his heart Vergo beat him back down, without getting caught in Law's ability. Starrk could do the same most likely. Kuma is where it gets tricky. I don't see Kuma being able to kill him. Possibly BFR him though, although Starrk could warp back with a garganta. It's not easy to say, but Starfk should take that one too with difficulty. Hancock's mero can be dodged by the likes of Starrk and it is completely in his style to do so, after which he could counter with 1000 feels or something. Hancock is potentially dangerous but easy for him to defeat. And now Blackbeard. This especially i don't agree with. The yonko should be last. But now we reach the only guy I think Starrk might lose to. Even his flight won't do much good here. Blackbeard can close the gap with kurozu and take it from there. Between darkness and quakes vs ceros and wolves, I'd have to give the former the edge. So he probably stops at Blackbeard.
Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Don't see him getting past Blackbeard and Does Mihawk even have any feats?

A couple, but fewer than anyone else here.
Post by Yusuke52 (426 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Online Now

He wont make it past Law, given that once Room is active there is nothing Starrk can do to stop him.

There is a reason Law is considered one of the more powerful characters in the HST, and its because his "Room" is beyond broken.

@solesamurai: Slicing a frozen Tsunami in half at long range and tagging luffy with a wind blade at long range with his eyes closed. Nothing special given that he is never really pushed to his limits, even during Marineford he suffered little to no fatigue and took no damage despite fighting some powerful people.

Of course, Room is hax, but obviously he did not fare so well against Vergo, who honestly doesn't appear all that strong. Powerful yes, but if he's to take down Starrk, I think Vergo shouldn't have given him trouble. Even after getting his heart back he was still taken down.
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,284 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@taichokage: the only reason he wasnt doing so well against vergo was because he was focused on getting his heart, not to mention vergo kept using it to hurt him

True, but he got it back and was still beaten. It seems that he probably doesn't fare well with very physical opponents, such as those faster than him. Not saying he is weaker but not ideally suited. For instance he took out Smoker with ease yet Smoker seems to have the upper hand against Vergo who bested Law, evidence that highly quick opponents might be an area of weakness for him.
Online Now

He got it back, and directly after he caught it he was kicked in the face. I would like to think his attention was on his heart right there. Hardly reason to downplay his fighting ability.

Starrks speed is at best, slightly slower than Ichigo who was mach 11 post-dangai. Law is calced at mach 13+ pre-timeskip, He is the faster one here.

Speed and his hax ends Starrk. He might put up a decent fight thanks to being already released, but he is not getting past Law's Room.

Who is doing these calcs? Law calced at Mach 13? Faster than Ichigo? Really? I don't even recall him having any speed feats at all. He can displace himself within room which is akin to short range teleportation, but speed wise I have seen nothing. Starrk is insanely fast, completely disappeared in an open desert while carrying Orihime, with pre Dangai Ichigo a speedster himself not even comprehending the move.
Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,959 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@taichokage said:

Who is doing these calcs? Law calced at Mach 13? Faster than Ichigo? Really? I don't even recall him having any speed feats at all.

I agree with this.

@Yusuke52: Where are these speed calcs from?

Online Now

His speed feat was activating his room, drawing his blade, making a full cut across, sheathing his blade again, moving it into his other hand and placing it on his back, then activating shambles before canon ball that was 4 feet infront of him moved an inch.

Starrk running back to Las Noches? Yeah that was impressive, can you please just for for clarity show me the time frame in which he moved from Ichigo and Kenpachi's location to Las Noches? Because if I recall correctly no time frame was given at all, it could have taken anything between 1 second to 30 minutes. You could say Orihime was shocked by the speed, you could also say that she was shocked that she was once again before Aizen.

You yourself admited in your post that Law has teleportation inside his room via switching with objects in its area of infulence, that alone gives him the advantage in speed, couple that with his cutting speed and nothing Starrk does will effect the outcome of the battle in the slightest.

Room activates Starrk begins to attack via wolves, Law switches himself with a pebble behind him slices his head and arms off and that was a good game.

Faster than Ichigo? Yes, Ichigo, contrary to what you might think is not leagues faster than everyone else in the HST.

You paint the picture that Ichigo is nigh untouchable by anyone save Kizaru while in his post dangai form, he is impressive but top tiers from One Piece (I would say Naruto too but to be honest Naruto is really the only one who can come close to or match his speed, i also would say other shows but I will keep this strictly HST) can still put him down with no effort of their part. Hell even Naruto is likely to be on par with him now.

Bleach gives the impression of insanely high speed, this is simply because Kubo refuses to draw backgrounds or give time frames. Back in reality they are not all that great. Fast? Sure, but nowhere near as fast as you claim them to be.

The only thing that seperates him in that from for the 3 now is he has the most sustanable destructive potential (By this I mean that he can consistently output strong attacks at high speed), Speed wise they are more or less all equal now.

If you can quantify Starrks speed then by all means go ahead. Hate to tell you but unlike Law who actually has something we can scale his speed from, Starrk has nothing.

Until then Room, Slice, and Shambles ends him at 4.

That feat still in no way showed movement speed. Maybe attack and to some extent, reaction speed, the latter of which was almost contradicted by Vergo. Besides, most of that feat was displacement. The only real movement that occurred was his slash motion. And no I can't post scans on this site with my tablet. I wish I could.
Online Now

I, at no point said it showed movement speed you are putting words into my mouth now, I said it showed his speed. Which is true, except for if you believe that unless its with your feet its not speed.

The fact the he activated his Room, drew his blade, made a full horizontal cut, resheathed his blade and placed it on his back then switched the canon ball before it could even move shows fast combat and cutting speed that is far more quantifiable than Starrks feat, given that there is no visable cut either means that Starrk wont even try to dodge, he will just believe him to be taking out his sword. That is assuming that he can even keep up with the movement of the sword.

He was focused on his heart as the kick was connecting with him, did you expect him to drop it take the damage it would deal to him when it bounced off the floor and counter his kick? if anything that shows that Vice Admiral Vergo has some admirable speed of his own.

The movement that occured was him activating his room, drawing his blade to make the slash motion and then resheathing it and then moving the sheathed blades position on his person and then begin moving his hands to activate shambles. This was before the canon ball even moved from its position.

So you cant prove any of what you are saying with scans or show me quantifiable qualities in the scans I asked for?

Is there any real point in taking this debate between us any further since you can't post scans to back up your argument. I could post them myself but what is the point of the debate if I am helping out the opposition by giving them the stuff they should be giving me?

I guess we can agree to disagree, But I will maintain that he will never make it past Law.

I told you in the past I'm on a tablet. And for the record, more battles than not here are resolved without the use of scans. And I don't think that it should be necessary. It is obvious, Law is no speedster, at least i thought it should have been. I'll just have to work with words for now.
Online Now

I thought you were just on your tablet because you didnt have access to a computer at the time, apologies I didn't realise.

I would rather resolve a debate with proof than with words, as words can be taken out of context and exaggerated. Scans are much harder to exaggerate as everyone can clearly see it for themselves and come to a consenus.

In all honestly most fight here now adays are stomps, so scans are hardly needed in that regard. (Hurts me to say this but it really is true for the most part.)

Going by logical powerscaling he is up there with the big guys in speed (I would find it very hard to believe he is not at least in the double digts), his cutting feat I showed above is all that needs to be said in regards to this as that alone is fast enough to slice most people.

Post by Kurohige (3,718 posts) See mini bio Level 19

I gotta say, I agree with Yusuke52, he is the only one that have given really good proof and evidence to support his character, I also agree that Bleach's speed is taken way out of context sometimes. I give it to Law for his hax and speed. He may not be able to tank all of Starkk's blast nor harm him with brute strength, but his ability is more than enough to put him down.

Btw sorry Yusuke52. I got a tiny bit frustrated because I don't have a computer right now and I've been unable to do anything noteworthy with images among other things. I'm back to normal now :)
Online Now

Its fine, no hard feelings my good man. (^_^)

Post by YouFinished (1,035 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@taichokage said: 
That feat still in no way showed movement speed. Maybe attack and to some extent, reaction speed, the latter of which was almost contradicted by Vergo. Besides, most of that feat was displacement. The only real movement that occurred was his slash motion. And no I can't post scans on this site with my tablet. I wish I could.
Vergo is portrayed as a high tier and has proven it by beating Sanji at his own game, even going as far to break his leg and is now giving Smoker a run for his money. It does not contradict but only further proves Vergo status. Not to mention Law wasn't exactly in peak conditions at the time. 

Anyways, Yusuke52 and Kurohige knows what's up.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel