Star Trek/Wars Fleet vs Gundam Fleet

Topic started by hitsusatsu11 on Nov. 5, 2010. Last post by ohgodwhy 9 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Team Star Trek

USS Enterprise (OS), tactical command, James Kirk 
USS Enterprise (TNG) tactical command, Jean-Luc Picard 
USS Voyager tactical command, Janeway 
USS Defiant (DP9) tactical command, Sisko  
5 Klingon Bird of Prey kvort class cruisers

Team Star Wars

The Death Star (at the time prior to it being destroyed by Luke) tactical command, Emperor Palpatine 
Imperial I Class Star Destroyer, tactical command, Darth Vader  
5 Regular Star Destroyers
Millennium Falcon, tactical command, Han Solo  
50 Royal Guard TIE Starfighters, piloted by Palpatine's royal guard 
50 T-65 X-Wing Starfighters, piloted by the rebels who attacked the death star, tactical command Luke Skywalker
50 V-19 Torrent Starfighters, piloted by galactic republic pilots

VS

Team Gundam

Fortress Barge, tactical control Lady Une
Genesis Weapon, (fully charged) tactical control, Patrick Zala  
Requim Weapon, (fully charged) tactical control Gilbert Durandal  
Momento Mori, (fully charged) tactical command Ribbons Allmark
Battleship Libra, tactical command Dorothy Cattelonia
White Base, tactical command, Bright Noa 
Archangel, tactical command, Murrue Ramius 
Dominion, tactical command,  Natarle Badgiruel  
Minerva, tactical command, Talia Gladys   
Ptolemaios 2 kai, tactical command Summragi Lee Noriega
Devil Gundam, final form  
Quebley, pilot Haman Kahn
ZZ Gundam, pilot Judah Ashta
Wing Zero, pilot Heero Yui  
Epyon, pilot Zechs Marquise  
Tallgese 3, pilot Treize Kushranada
00 Quanta, pilot Setsuna F Seiei  
Infinite Justice, Pilot Athrun Zala  
Strike Freedom, pilot Kira Yammato  
Destiny, pilot Shin Asuka  
Zeta Gundam, pilot Kamile Bidan  
Nu Gundam, pilot Amuro Ray 
Sazabi, pilot Char Aznable  
God Gundam, pilot Domon Kashu 
50 Zaku's, including Johnny Ridden's, tactical command Johnny Ridden  
50 Virgo Mk-2 mobile dolls, equipped with ZERO system, tactical command Dorothy Catalonia  

Fight in space, above and around where the Genesis, MM, Death Star and Requiem are set up.
Fleet vs Fleet, Jedi, ZERO system and Newtype pre cog powers allowed, however no force choke, lightning ect. 

Star Wars and Star Trek vs Gundam 
Who wins?
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,921 posts) See mini bio Level 14
God Gundam solos in a burst of hotblooded Love-Love Shining Finger
Post by ReiKai (3,549 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Death Star can blow up the planet...but it sucks to try and use it in a combat situation. As shown it's main weapon can only destroy 1 warship at a time and needs time to charge, making it rather useless for here. One shot from the Genesis or Requiem would take the Death Star out of commission, and take out a large part of the SW/ST fleet in the process. The Death Star also has to be aimed at what it's going to shoot before firing. Requiem has the refractors to bend the beam towards the designated target.

I was gonna show the clip of Genesis but I think someone removed it from youtube.
Post by BattleHeiz (5,765 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@ReiKai: What about death stars force fields?
Tallgeese 3 destroys an asteroid at 0:30 on 

Wing Zero destroys a space colony at 1:30 on 

Epyon slices through the massive fortress barge at 3:15 on 

As ppl have shown Genesis and Requiem are very powerful weapons, as is Battleship Libra, which has beam canons so strong as to permanently disrupt earth's weather with multiple shots. This coupled with the very mobile yet extremely high fire power of MS' such as WZ and TG3 should be quite enough to overcome the star wars fleet.  In fact its likely a MS such as WZ, Epyon or 00 Raiser could solo the 150 starfighters.

However, all the star trek fleet capital ships are capable of moving far in excess of the speed of light, though im not sure if they can maneuver as well up close as the gundams, certainly the OS enterprise can't.  In a straight ship vs ship battle, its likely the enterprise's, voyager and defiant could beat the WB, Dominion and Archangel, and Minerva. I Class star Destroyer vs Libra would be interesting.  
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

The Starwars Empire, is a Galactic Empire. That is a !@#$ ton of military power, Starfleet just comes off as here for the plot devices. 

Never mind, you've got a fraction of both SW and Federation's military power here.
Galactic Empire vs a Multiverse

I go with a Multiverse dude.

As for DeathStar shields. They can stand up to Turbolasers fine, but against a continuous energy beam that makes the majority of weapons in SW look like toy rockets? Sorry, those shields won't hold for even an instant. Also, as for case of 2nd DeathStar, that ones shields were generated from a base on a nearby planet. It would take nothing for a single Mobile Suit to run in and blow the hell out of it, leaving the whole Death Star utterly defenseless.

Another thing is the Genesis. One shot from that thing can effectively wipe out entire fleets. Heck the people inside the ships explode before the ships themselves are destroyed. Yes the Death Star can destroy a planet, but that beam can be avoided by ships. A shot from Genesis can irradiate half the planet in one shot and wipe out all life on it. By tactical reasoning it's far more useful than the Death Star.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Death Star Trench Run, Raiser can just pop in near the generator of everything and destroy it
Building a super weapon that is not properly protected is VERY dumb tactical choice
@ReiKai said:
"Galactic Empire vs a Multiverse  ....  I go with a Multiverse dude.  "
I don't know, despite the fact you have a whole lot of different Earths for these gundams, they still should be outnumbered thousands to one if this was the full out war with the Empire.  
Although you do have a great deal of plot device gundamns that make themselves threats all on there on. The Dark Gundamn could likely stick itself onto the Death Star and start all shorts of chaos on it's own.
Turn-A Gundam. Moonlit Butterfly. That thing moves by and all SW tech turns to dust. And you should know Gundam-verses extend beyond Earth. Most if not all series have space colonies and settled on other planets. Seed/Destiny also can use MC-Particles to infect and control over machines.

And I will tell you right now, SW has zero ground forces at all that could even compare with the likes of the Destroy Gundam.

@ReiKai said:
"Turn-A Gundam. Moonlit Butterfly. That thing moves by and all SW tech turns to dust. And you should know Gundam-verses extend beyond Earth. Most if not all series have space colonies and settled on other planets. Seed/Destiny also can use MC-Particles to infect and control over machines.

And I will tell you right now, SW has zero ground forces at all that could even compare with the likes of the Destroy Gundam.

"

Didn't know they had gundam series already colonizing other planets personally. I've only seen about 5 or 6 of the various series I think so I won't claim to know much outside what I've seen. 

I don't know some Jedi and Sith where quite rediculous in power. Although if your just talking about the empire outside Palpatine I'd agree fully.
You should look at the original series with the Newtypes. They were basically Jedi in Mechs.
@ReiKai said:
"You should look at the original series with the Newtypes. They were basically Jedi in Mechs."

Old School Gundam the first series with that psychic indian chick that gets killed right?
Amuro Ray, Char Aznable, and a lot of others actually are all Newtypes and then there's Cyber-Newtypes.
@ReiKai said:
"Amuro Ray, Char Aznable, and a lot of others actually are all Newtypes and then there's Cyber-Newtypes."

Yep that would be him then. His Vice page is suprisingly lacking, even in photos.  
I'm personally more of a Wing Gundam fan over the original series and it's film based off said series. 

Japan's answer to nuclear weapons.
Japan's answer to nuclear weapons.
Although the original series does get the awsome Gundam ready to defend it's country from North Korea or China if need be.
Just the ships in the OP 
No newtype mind fcuk like Kamile did 
No jedi mind fcuk either 
Pre cog powers allowed though 
Post by Nevermind (942 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Wing Zero alone would obliterate the Death Star with its Twin Buster Rifle in a few shots. It might be the size of a small moon but it's still hollow inside. Add in Epyon, Tallgesse III, Barge, and Libra and this equals a massacre in favor of Team 2.

Although in a prolonged war, obviously the Empire and Star Trek would win.
@Nevermind said:
" Wing Zero alone would obliterate the Death Star with its Twin Buster Rifle in a few shots. It might be the size of a small moon but it's still hollow inside. Add in Epyon, Tallgesse III, Barge, and Libra and this equals a massacre in favor of Team 2. 
I agree with this. 

But what about the Star Trek ships being massively FTL with warp drive? 
Post by Nevermind (942 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@hitsusatsu11 said:
"I agree with this.  But what about the Star Trek ships being massively FTL with warp drive?  "
If they can't use it in a combat situation, it doesn't matter. If it's only good for getting from point A to point B they better use it to get the hell out of there before Libra blows them all up in one shot.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel