ssj4 goku vs nova

Topic started by dccomicsrule2011 on April 2, 2011. Last post by SMXLR8 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by taichokage (12,626 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
@Zearth:  You are assuming in a biased manner. A dimension was not seen collapsing it was seen being broken. And the dimenion being unestable is not only speculation but is meaningless. A dimension is a dimension. And as I stated earlier, even if he caused the dimension to collapse, Nova still has not matched that power. Unless Nova has a feat of destroying a dimension or better, it is useless trying to trump him beyond what he is. What destructive feat does he have that can rival destroying a dimension? I don't even recall him destroying a planet or even a city.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,725 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Nova may win if he has some glass handy, but Nova is a herald and is < than the Silver Surfer. 
Therefore all Goku needs to do is apply an arm bar with peak human strength for the easy submission. 
Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Nova stands there with body temp in the several million range and goku turns to dust befor even touching her.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,168 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Goku wins

Online Now
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" Nova may win if he has some glass handy, but Nova is a herald and is < than the Silver Surfer. Therefore all Goku needs to do is apply an arm bar with peak human strength for the easy submission.  "
Lol!

@ReiKai said:
"

Nova stands there with body temp in the several million range and goku turns to dust befor even touching her.

"

Lol, you thought the same thing I did. It is not Nova as in herald of Galactus but the Richard Rider Nova.
Online Now
@Destinyheroknight said:
"

Goku wins

"
Yes he does.
Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Richard Rider withstood multi-system destructive wave from Galactus, then turned around and ripped out Annihilus' guts. Thano Imperitive he fights off Cancer-verse beings infested with psuedo-celestials.

Online Now
@ReiKai:  I know. This and more have all been mentioned in this thread already.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@hitsusatsu11 said:

"Nova may win if he has some glass handy, but Nova is a herald and is < than the Silver Surfer. Therefore all Goku needs to do is apply an arm bar with peak human strength for the easy submission.  "

Nova doesn't leave home without it.  
As for the Surfer showing, that had to do with Black Panther's leet knowledge of humanoid physique, stolen power cosmic(That or whatever let Panther hijack Norrin's board) and tank Stardust's blast and the now dead McDuffie's fanboyism.
Plus I'm pretty sure he even had his Panther God's physical power, so he should be above peak human. 

Under Black Panther's logic he could do the same to Goku and he will with his leet armbars!  
It was potent enough to hold someone down who doesn't even have a heart and is durable enough to not even feel him doing anything, so it should work well on Goku!

@taichokage said:

" @Zearth:  You are assuming in a biased manner. A dimension was not seen collapsing it was seen being broken. And the dimenion being unestable is not only speculation but is meaningless. A dimension is a dimension. And as I stated earlier, even if he caused the dimension to collapse, Nova still has not matched that power. Unless Nova has a feat of destroying a dimension or better, it is useless trying to trump him beyond what he is. What destructive feat does he have that can rival destroying a dimension? I don't even recall him destroying a planet or even a city. "

Not all dimensions are remotely created equal. 
That power is under the vague notion of "light up a galaxy" namely why I wipped out another set of ridiculous scans from Nova surviving the Rip at low power where all matter and energy get torn apart and sand "ZOMG HE CAN TANK IT NOA!".  
Both are feats that don't mean much when we have no idea how much power it requires to tank the rip or "light up a galaxy". 

It doesn't take anywhere close to either of those to put Goku down, he could literally BFR Goku into a damn star with those gates if he likes or completely immobilize him to being with. 
Although I think Nova can handle busting a city, by flying right through it. 

That was just after getting it and losing control of it. I think a good chunk of that could annihilate a city. 
As for not busting a planet, he can join Goku in that department.
@Hellos: Ok your right, BP could in fact arm bar Galactus if they were equal size. But you underestimate glass in the GTverse, that sh^ts universal level. A big enough piece can tear straight through the space time continuum. 
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" @Hellos: Ok your right, BP could in fact arm bar Galactus if they were equal size. But you underestimate glass in the GTverse, that sh^ts universal level. A big enough piece can tear straight through the space time continuum.  "

Under McDuffie's fanboy logic that would be  the case(Maybe I should be a bit kinder since he is dead, but it's true). 
Damn that glass is pretty pew pew.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Yeah but SSJ4 Goku can destroy a solar system at will, none of the characters you mentioned Nova fighting can do that, they are evil to the extent that they would have if they could. Call me out on saying he is  physically weaker when he takes down Dark Phoenix who is a solar system destroyer, till then don't mock me  

at will?? are you kidding me???  when has he done that??? and when has ssj4 goku  destroyed a solar system?
Post by Kurohige (3,681 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I always respected those who can still say Goku wins in battles and even make arguments for him even though all odds are heavily stacked against him. Still From what has been shown Nova should win, very easily.
Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@SilverGalford said:
"

Yeah but SSJ4 Goku can destroy a solar system at will, none of the characters you mentioned Nova fighting can do that, they are evil to the extent that they would have if they could. Call me out on saying he is  physically weaker when he takes down Dark Phoenix who is a solar system destroyer, till then don't mock me  

at will?? are you kidding me???  when has he done that??? and when has ssj4 goku  destroyed a solar system? "

i think they destroy a star in dbo
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
All these comic book pages to show Nova's durability, here is one clip of Goku VS Omega Shenron, and he was not even powered up to SSJ4, he had that capability at this point, but he did not even power up to SSJ AT ALL and clearly takes several power blasts from OS without flinching. 
Sorry, Goku wins. 

@EganTheVile1 said:
"All these comic book pages to show Nova's durability, here is one clip of Goku VS Omega Shenron, and he was not even powered up to SSJ4, he had that capability at this point, but he did not even power up to SSJ AT ALL and clearly takes several power blasts from OS without flinching. 
Sorry, Goku wins. 

"

Take that as one of two ways: 
Another incredibly inconsistent showing of Kid Goku seemingly more powerful than SSJ4 Goku or the beating the big bad got from Gogeta(lollollol PAPER MACHE!) weakened him to the point Kid Goku could tank his blasts. 
@Kurohige said:
. Still From what has been shown Nova should win, very easily. "
Absolutely not.  

Goku has the durability to tank planetbusting attacks from Yi Xing Long while he was injured and in base. 
In base he had the ki to destroy an entire dimension
Kid Goku punched super c.17 across the earth. 
Kid Goku toyed with Cell and Freeza, who are both easy planet busters and in the case of Cell a supposed solar system buster.  

Ssj3 increases this by 400x, and the power released as a ssj3 is enough to literally tremble the heavens, as it reaches beyond the afterlife. 
Ssj4 is much more powerful, and has ki that over powers the reality warping black star DB's which grant any wish regardless of power.  
In ssj4  temperatures as hot as the sun do no harm to Goku 's body (never mind a ki barrier) 
In ssj4 Goku lifted up a city block with physical strength, and lifted up the equivalent of much more than a mountain with his ki.  
Goku is an expert fighter, able to sense opponents moves, use invisible kiai waves in attack and defense, likes to spam the instant shunkan ido technique, and in GT Goku's body reacts to all attacks so that "no attacks work twice"  

Goku can sense incoming attacks and dodge. He is skilled and powerful enough to effectively counter. Characters with literally less than 1 millionth of Goku's ki have destroyed the moon and had the power to destroy the Earth, he's exponentially more powerful than a claimed solar system buster, and in base is more powerful than buu-who in the anime destroyed a galaxy and is many times stated as a universal threat. Its ridiculous to think he doesn't have the power to put Nova down. 
@Hellos: Regardless Omega Shenron threw some severe blasts his way which Goku took without dodging or blocking, and then destroyed a villain of that level in one shot, cant dismiss the visual evidence based on personal feelings of the writing or events that led to it, otherwise I'll outright dismiss Nova because of those same feelings
@EganTheVile1 said:
" @Hellos: Regardless Omega Shenron threw some severe blasts his way which Goku took without dodging or blocking, and then destroyed a villain of that level in one shot, cant dismiss the visual evidence based on personal feelings of the writing or events that led to it, otherwise I'll outright dismiss Nova because of those same feelings "

See the problem is it's exactly how I said it, it's either another inconsistent showing of Kid Goku out performing SSJ4 Goku or Omega's attacks at that point weren't anywere close to peak power do to fights he had prior. 

@hitsusatsu11
said:

"Absolutely not. " 

He could literally fly through Goku to turn him into road kill. 

"Goku has the durability to tank planetbusting attacks from Yi Xing Long while he was injured and in base. " 

Lol planet busters.  
That shit be hilarious when the cast is terried of the damn things to the point they think they will all die every time someone threatens to use one.

"In base he had the ki to destroy an entire dimension. " 

LIGHT UP A GALAXY! 

"Kid Goku punched super c.17 across the earth. " 

Nova tanked a hit that had Norrin plowing him into the ground from orbit without a scratch, despite the big boom after.

"Kid Goku toyed with Cell and Freeza, who are both easy planet busters" 

Frieza's takes 5 minutes and Cells required him to kill himself in the process. 

"and in the case of Cell a supposed solar system buster.  " 

I'm sure you have a bunch of scans to prove this. Hyperboarama! 

"Ssj3 increases this by 400x, and the power released as a ssj3 is enough to literally tremble the heavens, as it reaches beyond the afterlife." 

How much power does it take for the afterlife to feel Goku's awsome powers?! 

"Ssj4 is much more powerful, and has ki that over powers the reality warping black star DB's which grant any wish regardless of power. " 

This feels like a direct copy pasta of the last thread. 
Not powerful enough to over ride being frozen in Ice or getting beat up by punches that couldn't even toss him through a building. 

"In ssj4  temperatures as hot as the sun do no harm to Goku 's body (never mind a ki barrier) In ssj4 Goku lifted up a city block with physical strength, and lifted up the equivalent of much more than a mountain with his ki.  " 

Yeah thats why Goku immediately pulls his fist away to blow on it. Nova could gate Goku into the sun and it would kill him easily, while Nova can fly though Neutron Stars.

"Goku is an expert fighter, able to sense opponents moves," 

LOLOLOL. 

"use invisible kiai waves in attack and defense," 

Yep like that one time be blew up some dirt in the ground with a stare! 

"likes to spam the instant shunkan ido technique, " 

Doesn't matter if the person is literally capable of moving trillions of times more quickly. 

"and in GT Goku's body reacts to all attacks so that "no attacks work twice"  " 

Nova only needs to do something once and by nature this is hyperbole.

"Goku can sense incoming attacks and dodge." 

Who can't?  
Nova has the World Mind making Nova's body move on it's own to dodge and fight. 

" He is skilled and powerful enough to effectively counter." 

What is he going to counter? 

"Characters with literally less than 1 millionth of Goku's ki have destroyed the moon and had the power to destroy the Earth" 

Shame we don't know a damn thing about Ki power levels to base what that means. 

"he's exponentially more powerful than a claimed solar system buster" 

WAIT YOU SAID BEFORE HE IS A SOLAR SYSTEM BUSTER?! WHY IS IT CLAIMED NOW?! 

", and in base is more powerful than buu-who in the anime destroyed a galaxy" 

You keep pulling feats from Buu that are from a flash back that directly contradict the manga. We aren't even shown how it was done, much less Buu actually doing it infront of us.  
In his actual fight with Goku, he didn't even toss out planet busters other than to pop the Earth and that had the entire cast running for their lives.

"and is many times stated as a universal threat." 

To be fair, you got me there. Nova Corps as far as I know hasn't listed Nova Prime as a universal threat. 

" Its ridiculous to think he doesn't have the power to put Nova down.  "

Not really, when Nova could literally just fly into him and splatter him and took hits without a problem from Glad's cuz.
@Hellos:  You seem to just be dismissing facts about Goku without offering proof they are wrong, a lot of the things you are dismissing are official facts about the character
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel