ssj4 goku vs nova

Topic started by dccomicsrule2011 on April 2, 2011. Last post by SMXLR8 2 years, 1 month ago.
Post by taichokage (15,441 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
@Hellos said:
" @taichokage said:
"Why are you using PIS feats in a battle? Additionally Annihilus has been hurt by the likes of Reed Richards in the past. Nova being able to harm him is no surprise. "
Reed Richards didn't use glass to hurt him and Goku's durability wasn't exactly in tip top shape in GT. Nova didn't just harm him, he ripped his insides out, despite earlier he literally pounded through Quasar's constructs, took the bands and nearly took the Nova Force too. "
I know that Goku got cut by glass but it was PIS or should we consider Surfer who is superior to Nova in several categories being restrained by a human to be a valid feat usable for all his battles?
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@taichokage said:

"I know that Goku got cut by glass but it was PIS or should we consider Surfer who is superior to Nova in several categories being restrained by a human to be a valid feat usable for all his battles? "

Being restrained by a human isn't exactly a durability feat, although I'm a bit curious as to what the context of that whole scenario is.  
Even Stan Lee Surfer was depicted as someone that could !@#$% slap the Hulk, so it's a bit of a ? if a normal person is holding him down. Then you have to take into account the Surfer is a lot more powerful than he used to be which the first issue of the Devolution Arc established. 

Plus ABC against other characters doesn't matter much, Norrin literally plowed Nova into the planet below without Nova instant dieing and GT durability would make one thing Goku would die under the same situation. 

I'd still take Goku from DBZ > GT Goku in a heart beat.
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@taichokage:  I agree with you, but this thread is an example of why the comics vs anime threads got banned for awhile in the first place, people just repeating themselves and no one willing to budge on any sensible argument as to why their favorite may lose. 
For the record I am a fan of Nova more then Goku, I say Goku wins based on the 30 years of reading issues featuring Nova, like where he and Spider-Man fought the Tri-Sentinel and if he has received a sudden power boost, it wont last, Goku worked up to his SSJ4 level which is frighteningly stronger then anything short of him fusing with SSJ4 Vegeta. 
Sorry Nova fanboys, Goku is more powerful, and Nova has been hurt by the freaking Cardinal in the past so he is not exactly invulnerable 
That said this is going to go on until people get sick of arguing so I am going to gracefully bow out of the discussion
@EganTheVile1 said:
" @taichokage:  I agree with you, but this thread is an example of why the comics vs anime threads got banned for awhile in the first place, people just repeating themselves and no one willing to budge on any sensible argument as to why their favorite may lose. For the record I am a fan of Nova more then Goku, I say Goku wins based on the 30 years of reading issues featuring Nova, like where he and Spider-Man fought the Tri-Sentinel and if he has received a sudden power boost, it wont last, Goku worked up to his SSJ4 level which is frighteningly stronger then anything short of him fusing with SSJ4 Vegeta. Sorry Nova fanboys, Goku is more powerful, and Nova has been hurt by the freaking Cardinal in the past so he is not exactly invulnerable That said this is going to go on until people get sick of arguing so I am going to gracefully bow out of the discussion "

If he had the durability, non hyperbole crazy feats I might agree and showings were a thin layer of ice completely Paralyzed him(Nova could replicate the same effect with Gravity like he did to the Harrow).
I've never ran into a Nova Fanboy before. 

Nova's had the full Nova Force for a while and currently is trapped in the Cancerverse with it. Until Marvel decided to kick start the corpse they don't seem in any hurry to depower Nova, he's had the majority of it since Annihilation to Imperative and beyond.
Post by Distortion (210 posts) See mini bio Level 5
@Hellos said:
I think Nova can handle Goku's(lol) Dimension Busting, he tanked going through a place were Space Tim is collapsing lol.   
This. 

Or he could just open a stargate to travel to an alternate dimension.
Post by KingOfSnipers (435 posts) See mini bio Level 11
30 years of reading Nova doesn't really mean jack when he receives a massive boost in power 5 years ago thus negating all the "low" showings from before. Cardinal never hurt Full-Nova Force-wielding Richard Rider and using that to say Goku would beat him is stupid and pointless.

Thanks for that clarification scan, Hellos. Have Thanos Imperitive on the HD, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.
@distortion said:
" @Hellos said:
I think Nova can handle Goku's(lol) Dimension Busting, he tanked going through a place were Space Tim is collapsing lol.   
This.  Or he could just open a stargate to travel to an alternate dimension. "

Stargates go through dimensions? 
I don't think Cardinal hits harder than Xenith, Nova did pretty good against her.(Gladiator's cuz) 

@KingOfSnipers said:
" 30 years of reading Nova doesn't really mean jack when he receives a massive boost in power 5 years ago thus negating all the "low" showings from before. Cardinal never hurt Full-Nova Force-wielding Richard Rider and using that to say Goku would beat him is stupid and pointless.  Thanks for that clarification scan, Hellos. Have Thanos Imperitive on the HD, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. "
I was using Cardinal hurting him as a comparison to someone else stating glass cut Goku, and yes the whole point of that was to show THAT statement as stupid and pointless SO thanks for agreeing
Post by Distortion (210 posts) See mini bio Level 5
@Hellos said:
" @distortion said:
" @Hellos said:

Stargates go through dimensions?  
Yup.   

@distortion: 
Just to let you know I brought up Xenith when responding to you because I didn't really feel like editing my top response.  
Just to avoid any confusion on that. =) 

@KingOfSnipers

said:

"30 years of reading Nova doesn't really mean jack when he receives a massive boost in power 5 years ago thus negating all the "low" showings from before. Cardinal never hurt Full-Nova Force-wielding Richard Rider and using that to say Goku would beat him is stupid and pointless.  Thanks for that clarification scan, Hellos. Have Thanos Imperitive on the HD, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. "

You do bring up a good point with that. =P  
Imperative isn't a long read, chocked full of making Thanos out to be a beast more powerful than an entire team of higher tier cosmic heroes even when in a Universe that by it's nature essentially weakens him. 

@EganTheVile1 said:
" @KingOfSnipers said:
" 30 years of reading Nova doesn't really mean jack when he receives a massive boost in power 5 years ago thus negating all the "low" showings from before. Cardinal never hurt Full-Nova Force-wielding Richard Rider and using that to say Goku would beat him is stupid and pointless.  Thanks for that clarification scan, Hellos. Have Thanos Imperitive on the HD, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. "
I was using Cardinal hurting him as a comparison to someone else stating glass cut Goku, and yes the whole point of that was to show THAT statement as stupid and pointless SO thanks for agreeing "

Except Goku pricking his finger at SSJ4 on glass at peak levels isn't the same as bringing up a showing from when Nova isn't close to his current levels of power. 
Now if you have a showing of Nova getting pricked by some glass with the entirety of the Nova Force we may have something here. =P
@hitsusatsu11 said:
" @EganTheVile1: It didn't seem to me that Nova (even when powered up) took a 3x solar system buster head on. (at least not in those scans) And even if he did, Cell could supposedly destroy a solar system. 

Not to mention Goku tangled with this guy 

Annihilation wave eat your heart out, the Minus Energy of Yi Ying Long is such that it will encompass and devour the entire universe, and spiritual realm-essentially all of existence.  But anyway, Nova is outmatched against a ssj level 4. "

Cell can't bust a solar system, hyperbole be damned from a character that wasn't even completely aware of his own power or had any concept of how large the Solar System is. 
Goku was losing to him and the Annihilus was going to destroy the Marvel Universe and Negative Zone, the Marvel Universe is just a tad bigger than GTverse's 5 galaxy strong universe.
The Super Saiyan 4 form even has enough power to break through a wish made with the Dragon Balls as it turned Kid Goku into an adult again.  
This power is able to alter dimensional changes, break a wish made on the Dragon Balls, and is powerful enough to shatter a dimension. 
Nova is trapped in an alternate dimension. 
Do the math, Goku can destroy the dimension Nova is in, and what can he do after that? 
@EganTheVile1 said:

"The Super Saiyan 4 form even has enough power to break through a wish made with the Dragon Balls as it turned Kid Goku into an adult again." 

Which means absolutely nothing. The Dragon Balls from Saiyan Saga couldn't even put Nappa and Vegeta down, the super GT versions of them didn't exactly pull off any feat they can't yet. 

"This power is able to alter dimensional changes" 

How much power does one need to do that? 

", break a wish made on the Dragon Balls," 

You mentioned this and how much power does one need to do that? 

"and is powerful enough to shatter a dimension." 

Which is kinda funny, apparently all the power that is required to do that is "light up a galaxy" vague as hell showings of power that don't give us any real indication of how powerful Goku is = WIN!

"Nova is trapped in an alternate dimension. " 

No Nova is trapped in an alternate universe that collapsed into itself that no one can no longer get in and out of. 

"Do the math, Goku can destroy the dimension Nova is in, and what can he do after that?  "

Goku can't bust universes, please don't make me laugh. I'm sure you think Goku can waltz into Mephisto's realm and bust it too.
For someone reading Nova's books for over 30 years I'm not that impressed that you can't tell the difference between the Cancerverse and the empty patch of nowhere Goku was in.
@Hellos said:
" @EganTheVile1 said:

"The Super Saiyan 4 form even has enough power to break through a wish made with the Dragon Balls as it turned Kid Goku into an adult again." 

Which means absolutely nothing. The Dragon Balls from Saiyan Saga couldn't even put Nappa and Vegeta down, the super GT versions of them didn't exactly pull off any feat they can't yet. 

"This power is able to alter dimensional changes" 

How much power does one need to do that? 

", break a wish made on the Dragon Balls," 

You mentioned this and how much power does one need to do that? 

"and is powerful enough to shatter a dimension." 

Which is kinda funny, apparently all the power that is required to do that is "light up a galaxy" vague as hell showings of power that don't give us any real indication of how powerful Goku is = WIN!

"Nova is trapped in an alternate dimension. " 

No Nova is trapped in an alternate universe that collapsed into itself that no one can no longer get in and out of. 

"Do the math, Goku can destroy the dimension Nova is in, and what can he do after that?  "

Goku can't bust universes, please don't make me laugh. I'm sure you think Goku can waltz into Mephisto's realm and bust it too.For someone reading Nova's books for over 30 years I'm not that impressed that you can't tell the difference between the Cancerverse and the empty patch of nowhere Goku was in. "
MISTAKE Goku broke a wish made on the Black Star Dragon Balls which could not be undone by ANY wish made on the normal Dragon Balls and could grant any wish, at the cost of the planet the wish was made on blowing up a year later YOU KNOW NOTHING OF DRAGON BALL LMAO.... sorry last part was just me venting about the you know nothing about Nova comment, but please continue
@EganTheVile1 said:

"MISTAKE Goku broke a wish made on the Black Star Dragon Balls which could not be undone by ANY wish made on the normal Dragon Balls and could grant any wish, at the cost of the planet the wish was made on blowing up a year later" 

He didn't break it, thats why he immediately became a child after powering down from SSJ4.  
SSJ4 laughably defaults the hyperbole early made about them since it did allow Goku to regain his normal age for time now doesn't it? 

As for how what you said REMOTELY disproved what I said I wouldn't know.  

Me - "the super GT versions of them didn't exactly pull off any feat they can't yet  "  

They haven't, so don't get too butt hurt champ. Something tells me It wouldn't be hard to find a wish those balls couldn't grant, namely by nature that is a nice piece of hyperbole.

" YOU KNOW NOTHING OF DRAGON BALL LMAO.... " 

So true, what I said showed a complete lack of knowledge of the entire Dragon Ball franchise, from the original series to DBZ.  
I won't count GT because it's vastly more inconsistent non canon crap. 

"sorry last part was just me venting about the you know nothing about Nova comment, but please continue "

I don't really care if your sorry, as for venting over something I didn't say I can't help you with that.  
Continue with what? I already crushed your argument.
Online Now
@distortion said:
" @Hellos said:
Goku can do the same and follow him with shunkan ido. And Nova has no feats to allow him to handle a dimension destroying attack. The power needed to destroy a dimension exceeds that of a space/time collapsing attack. Heck, Ichigo easily has that level of durability now. Besides that was base form. If he cranked it u to SSJ3 we are talking about a blast 400x stronger. Who knows how strong SSJ4 would make it.
Post by Zearth (218 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@taichokage said:
" @distortion said:
" @Hellos said:
Goku can do the same and follow him with shunkan ido. And Nova has no feats to allow him to handle a dimension destroying attack. The power needed to destroy a dimension exceeds that of a space/time collapsing attack. Heck, Ichigo easily has that level of durability now. Besides that was base form. If he cranked it u to SSJ3 we are talking about a blast 400x stronger. Who knows how strong SSJ4 would make it. "
He just opened a hole on a unestable pocket dimension, causing it's collaps, that isn't dimensinal busting.
Online Now
@Zearth said:
" @taichokage said:
" @distortion said:
" @Hellos said:
Goku can do the same and follow him with shunkan ido. And Nova has no feats to allow him to handle a dimension destroying attack. The power needed to destroy a dimension exceeds that of a space/time collapsing attack. Heck, Ichigo easily has that level of durability now. Besides that was base form. If he cranked it u to SSJ3 we are talking about a blast 400x stronger. Who knows how strong SSJ4 would make it. "
He just opened a hole on a unestable pocket dimension, causing it's collaps, that isn't dimensinal busting. "
Proof of this? The dimension clearly did not collapse, it shattered. Besides even if that were the case that's still more than what Nova can do.
Post by Kurohige (3,755 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Please don't tell me people really think Goku can just dimension bust or tank that kind of power that Nova can dish out. For that matter did I just see a comment saying Ichigo had Dimension level durability? O.o I hope we are not going by Aizen's word that Ichigo "Cut" out of, he didn't really tank it, he destroyed it before it could even do anytihng. 

Also try to keep the flamming down, I have no idea why anyone is saying Hellos does not have knowledge of Dragonball considering that over the past few months (Almost over a year) that I have known him, lots of his battles were about DBZ in which he has shown detailed arguments and scans proving he has watched the series 5 times over lol. But again no need to get hostile, I can understand why it may look like people are donwplaying DBZ, it is very overestimated, well at least GT Goku.
Post by Zearth (218 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@taichokage said:
" @Zearth said:
" @taichokage said:
" @distortion said:
" @Hellos said:
He just opened a hole on a unestable pocket dimension, causing it's collaps, that isn't dimensinal busting. "
Proof of this? The dimension clearly did not collapse, it shattered. Besides even if that were the case that's still more than what Nova can do. "
He shateres a unsetable dimension, causing it to collapse,  it's not a great feat,  and considering that here are fighting on a normal and estable dimension i don't see how it would help him, and have you even read the scans that have been posted, Nova has a lot of greater feats.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel