SSJ Gotenks vs SSJ3 Goku

Topic started by DBZ_universe on Aug. 16, 2012. Last post by DBZ_universe 2 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by eddz99 (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Goku wins, just because of his experience in battles.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,675 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Sonata: Yep all of that was PIS and CIS.

@SpeedForceSpider: I actually only edited the OP to have no BFR.... I originally added Canon feats only at first because like I said I was afraid people would use movie feats to claim Goku the victor.

Post by phantomrant (1,332 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Gotenks with high difficulty. SSJ3 would take it with mid, tho.

Post by nickzambuto (51 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Goku wins IMO.

Gotenks SS1 was less than a fly to Super Buu, whereas Goku only said something along the lines of "I don't think we can beat him!"

If the power difference for Goku to Super Buu was as large as Gotenks to Super Buu, he'd probably be more like "Uhh, Vegeta... that's not gonna work."

If the power difference was that large Vegeta would of been more serious as well.

When the fusion was first successful, Piccolo even said Gotenks would probably get pwnd by Fat Buu, even though he was a Super Saiyan, but that didn't stop the kid from running off to fight him.

On the flip side. SS3 Goku was quite a bit stronger than Fat Buu.

@nickzambuto: But this is Gotenkusu after ROSAT... not Pre-ROSAT...

Post by nickzambuto (51 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@DBZ_universe said:

@nickzambuto: But this is Gotenkusu after ROSAT... not Pre-ROSAT...

He was still too weak for Buu to even be bothered by him. Going by his own words Goku would of at least stood a chance against Super Buu.

Post by Sonata (35,328 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@nickzambuto: Goku wanted no part of Super Buu he suggested fusion instead of fight him head on. 

@nickzambuto: Only for a minute tho... since he couldn't hold SSJ3... also Gotenkusu was more confident to take Super Buu on SSJ.. and Goku suggested Fusion against him...

Post by autoexit173 (8 posts) See mini bio Level 3

SSJ3 Gotenks (During the Super Boo Saga) in the manga and SSJ3 Goku in the anime (DBZ Movie 13).

Post by MarioRedfield (1,743 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I had always wondered this, and I pretty much figured Goku would stomp him. Goku is just something else... I just don't like how towards the end they tried to make everyone and their mother more powerful than him.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,896 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@MarioRedfield: Really? It is pretty common knowledge that Gotenks is stronger. Goku even admitted it and AT wanted fusion to have the ultimate power.

@SpeedForceSpider: Yeah, exactly. Why is it everyone is so much stronger than Goku at this point?

@MarioRedfield said:

@SpeedForceSpider: Yeah, exactly. Why is it everyone is so much stronger than Goku at this point?

AT didn't want Goku to be the final hero he wanted Gohan to surpass his father and he did. As for Goten and Trunks he wanted the next generation to be the new heroes so fusion has a huge boost. But since people complained Goku did the final battle.

@SpeedForceSpider: To be honest, I'm kind of glad people complained. AT tried to kill of Goku too many times.

@MarioRedfield said:

@SpeedForceSpider: To be honest, I'm kind of glad people complained. AT tried to kill of Goku too many times.

Yeah he was obsessed with making Gohan be the final hero in both Cell saga and Buu saga. I wished they made Vegito the final hero he is my favorite character.

lol... I totally forgot about this battle...

Post by wkar (171 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@SpeedForceSpider said:

Gotenks wins with difficulty. Goku was too scared to fight Super Buu while Gotenks managed to do some damage with his Ghost Attack. Goku has the edge in skill, but is outmatched power-wise.

The manga provides evidence as Goku stated Gotenks would be stronger than him before the RoSaT, and it was never contradicted so it remains true - they're at least on par with each other.

this

Gohan wins... he interferes and beats them to a pulp... jaja

Post by GrayWolf2 (317 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Goku. He's a much better fighter, far more experienced and has already seen Gotenks childish moves and knows the weakness of the ghost attack. That same attack which was the ONLY reason why the ssj Gotenks vs Super Buu battle could even remotely considered a battle and not a one-sided boredom beatdown by Super Buu. As for the argument that Gotenks was more confident than Goku to take on Super Buu that just proves his inexperience and stupidity. He underestimates his opponents like how he thought he could beat fat buu when he first fused. We all know how that went.

Since a lot are bumping old threads...I wanted to give it a try to and not be left behind.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel