SS3 Goku Vs SS2 Vegeta Vs Ultimate Gohan (Battle of Gods)

Topic started by danzi97 on Sept. 27, 2013. Last post by DBZ_universe 11 months, 4 weeks ago.
Post by danzi97 (141 posts) See mini bio Level 8

This thread is based on the new movie Battle of Gods. Have you guys watched it? For those who haven't, I'l explain...

Although I think both Goku and Vegeta are incoherently portrayed as stronger fighters than Ultimate Gohan in the anime version of DBZ, most people wouldn't accept that. Anyway, Battle of Gods shows new evidence for it.

First of all, none of the three stands any chance against Bills, but while both Goku and Gohan lose in two hits, Vegeta (even before his "rage boost", which is already being brought up in battle forums) manages to take several hits without losing it - even then, he looked pretty tougher than Goku and Gohan. Later, Vegeta is enraged when Bills slaps Bulma and (according to Mutenroshi) "finally surpasses Goku", which implies that Goku was stronger than him in the beginning, and thus Bills probably used more power when first fighting against him (that explains Goku losing in two hits).

So, based on their respective fights (as it seems): SS2 Vegeta (not enraged) > SS3 Goku >=< Ultimate Gohan

Based on Mutenroshi's statement: SSJ2 Vegeta (enraged) > SS3 Goku > SS2 Vegeta, who looks stronger than Ultimate Gohan.

Not to mention that the entire movie implies that Goku was, in its beginning at least, the strongest character. Vegeta surpassed him for a moment, but Gohan couldn't do a thing at any point.

Do you get my point?

So, for those of you who've watched the movie, what do you think? I'll accept the conclusions based on Mutenroshi's statement.

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Enraged Vegeta > Mystic Gohan > SSJ3 Goku > Angered SSJ2 Vegeta

Post by othus12 (6,905 posts) See mini bio Level 13

gohan wanted to restrain bills, not fight him. that's why he got his ass kicked so hard.

I disagree with you people... Based on what they showed, SSJ2 Vegeta was stronger than Gohan. Besides, wanting to restrain Bills doesn't really explain going down with a kick.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,967 posts) See mini bio Level 15

LOL Vegeta didn't even hurt Bills, he just flinched because he was surprised. Gohan slaughters end of story.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,725 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@SpeedForceSpider said:

LOL Vegeta didn't even hurt Bills, he just flinched because he was surprised. Gohan slaughters end of story.

This! lol

Post by nishi99 (1,710 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Gohan easily now that it looks like he's got Mystic Super Saiyan on top of the power he had already.

@nishi99 said:

Gohan easily now that it looks like he's got Mystic Super Saiyan on top of the power he had already.

Gohanpotence!

Post by nishi99 (1,710 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DBZ_universe: LOL Gohan should have became a Mystic Super Saiyan God or even just Mystic Super Saiyan 2.

Post by eddz99 (2,522 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@SpeedForceSpider said:

Lolno, even goku admitted that vegeta has surpassed him as an ssj3 at that moment.

But i do agree with bills being surprised though since even ssj goku was able to hurt bills.

Post by xlab3000 (1,395 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Maybe Gohan

@eddz99: Goku had a little bit of the SSJG inside of him when he was a ssj. Look how easily Bills stomped ssj3 Goku.

@eddz99: What does Goku admitting he surpassed SSJ3 suppose to mean? SSJ3 is pretty weak, look how clearly Goku got one-shotted by Bills earlier. Such a claim serves no purpose here.

Gohan's potential >>>> SSJ3.

Post by AnimeDefender (2,662 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@SpeedForceSpider: Gohan got one shotted by Bills as well. Also, What do you mean by this?

eddz99: What does Goku admitting he surpassed SSJ3 suppose to mean? SSJ3 is pretty weak, look how clearly Goku got one-shotted by Bills earlier. Such a claim serves no purpose here.

Gohan's potential >>>> SSJ3.

Gohans mystic form is his full potential. Or are you saying that Gohan has even more potential in him?

@AnimeDefender: Are you being serious? I never said Gohan didn't get one-shotted by Bills. He suggested Vegeta's surpassing of SSJ3 against Bills was a feat worth mentioning. The purpose of the example was to debunk that.

And his "Mystic Form" as fans like to call it, is simply his full potential drawn out. It's not a form it's permanent, I just like to say his potential because that's what it really is.

@SpeedForceSpider: Well now that has been cleared, how do you know that Gohan is still the most powerful out of all the Z fighters? It's been a few years since Buu's onslaught so I can imagine that Goku and Vegeta would have gotten much more powerful by that time. Also how do you know Gohans full potential is permanent?

@AnimeDefender: Well outside of SSG it would be impossible for Goku and Vegeta to fill the gap in such little time after Buu saga. People like to forget Gohan is a lot stronger than SSJ3 and I mean a lot. Hell, even SSJ1 Gotenks is stronger than SSJ3 Goku. That manga statement speaks for itself. As for his potential being permanent its not a transformation so again he can't turn it on and off. It's actually having all his power drawn out at once making the SSJ transformations obsolete hence him not being able to go SSJ afterwards. Elder Kai told him to transform and he couldn't anymore. It's never been explained why in BOG's he could transform. Just another inconsistency for the sake of a plot device.

@SpeedForceSpider: Sounds legit.

@AnimeDefender: Scans:

@nishi99: MSSG would wreck Birusu lol

Well, Gohan was never unable to go SS or SS2 after he became Mystic, but it would be pointless since his power wouldn't change. Anyway, I'm not talking solely about statements here... Vegeta does look pretty strong in the movie, much more than Gohan and Goku - it's not about whether he could hurt Bills or not, but he took much more hits. Additionally, there's the statement and (this doesn't mean much but is worth mentioning) the fact that Bills was a little bit impressed first by Goku (by saying he wasn't bluffing about his power) and then by Vegeta when he starts hitting him.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel