Spike Spiegel vs...

Topic started by Dream on Aug. 19, 2011. Last post by KingOfSnipers 3 years ago.
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,328 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@DJSNuva1 said:
No, I've had a problem with real Vs fiction threads since before you got here.
Fine, but you go out  and take a characters' side.And when your character loses you call the thread bad.Obviously you didn't mind it  being a human vs a character until the person you were backing up lost or you wouldn't have posted.

I haven't "committed" any logical fallacies, and if I have, name the one I have "committed."
"In informal logic and rhetoric, a fallacy is usually incorrect argumentation in reasoning resulting in a misconception or presumption. By accident or design, fallacies may exploit emotional triggers in the listener or interlocutor (e.g. appeal to emotion), or take advantage of social relationships between people (e.g. argument from authority). Fallacious arguments are often structured using rhetorical patterns that obscure any logical argument."
-Wikipedia

By this definition your argumentation  is fallacious.
Post by DJSNuva1 (3,347 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@MrASSH0LE said:
@DJSNuva1 said:
No, I've had a problem with real Vs fiction threads since before you got here.
Fine, but you go out  and take a characters' side.And when your character loses you call the thread bad.Obviously you didn't mind it  being a human vs a character until the person you were backing up lost or you wouldn't have posted.

I haven't "committed" any logical fallacies, and if I have, name the one I have "committed."
"In informal logic and rhetoric, a fallacy is usually incorrect argumentation in reasoning resulting in a misconception or presumption. By accident or design, fallacies may exploit emotional triggers in the listener or interlocutor (e.g. appeal to emotion), or take advantage of social relationships between people (e.g. argument from authority). Fallacious arguments are often structured using rhetorical patterns that obscure any logical argument." -Wikipedia  By this definition your argumentation  is fallacious.
My argument doesn't have a fallacy in it. What's the flaw in logic? there are different forms of logical fallacies, and just because you say that I'm wrong, doesn't make it a logical fallacy. What fallacy? The good ol' Ichangedmyargumentsoimwrong fallacy? there is no such thing.
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,328 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@DJSNuva1 said:
My argument doesn't have a fallacy in it. What's the flaw in logic? there are different forms of logical fallacies, and just because you say that I'm wrong, doesn't make it a logical fallacy. What fallacy? The good ol' Ichangedmyargumentsoimwrong fallacy? there is no such thing.
I have already explained above how your argument fits the definition of a logical fallacy although it may not be  one of the popular ones.
Even if we are to accept the notion that it is not a logical fallacy ,we're still in a situation where your reasoning is bad as you're fine with the thread until the person you're rooting gets there ass handed to them.

he good ol' Ichangedmyargumentsoimwrong fallacy? there is no such thing.

Ironically that right there would be an appeal to ridicule.
Post by DJSNuva1 (3,347 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@MrASSH0LE said:
@DJSNuva1 said:
I have already explained above how your argument fits the definition of a logical fallacy although it may not be  one of the popular ones.
Even if we are to accept the notion that it is not a logical fallacy ,we're still in a situation where your reasoning is bad as you're fine with the thread until the person you're rooting gets there ass handed to them.

he good ol' Ichangedmyargumentsoimwrong fallacy? there is no such thing.
Ironically that right there would be an appeal to ridicule.

My reasoning is fine. Just because I didn't express my dislike of the thread in my first couple posts, doesn't mean that I was OK with it. I was going to get to this all along, whether Brock Lesnar won or not. Besides, that's irrelevant to the current argument that we are having atm. 
Post by Kurohige (3,718 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@MrASSH0LE
@DJSNuva1: 

It's alright, I don't like battles like these as well, however not all fiction vs non-fiction battles end with the fictional characters winning, at least in a stomp. Look at hidden leaf vs US army or Naruto Universe vs World Government . They are not complete stomps. As for this fight, was there not an episode where Spike and Jet both tried fighting Ed's dad hand to hand and got their butts kicked? I think Brock can take on Spike, I don't think it is a stomp for anyone and Spike does have incredible skill but I have only seen him take out thugs and junkies with his martial arts, I have not seen him take on anyone worth mentioning in H2H combat. And in this ifght since it must be fair and no cheap shots or illegal moves I don't see Spike taking this with his flips and kicks. I don't see what is stopping Brock from tanking his punches and grabbing him into submisssion or just throwing him across the ring, or just plain ground and pound. Some combat feats and durability for Spike would be nice as I could be wrong.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Kurohige: Here is a taste of spikes skill: http://youtu.be/L-524oeRyiY
                       Heres some durability: http://youtu.be/QJEJjxuGe9g

Ill post more later
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
The character Lesnar played in the WWE may score an F5 for the win (though I doubt it).  
But the real life Lesnar stands no chance, possibly Brock can take it if he manages to overpower Spike and hammer fist him, but I think Spike is far to fast to get tagged. 
Post by Kurohige (3,718 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@hitsusatsu11 said:
The character Lesnar played in the WWE may score an F5 for the win (though I doubt it).  But the real life Lesnar stands no chance, possibly Brock can take it if he manages to overpower Spike and hammer fist him, but I think Spike is far to fast to get tagged. 

@Haofan123 said:
@Kurohige: Here is a taste of spikes skill: http://youtu.be/L-524oeRyiY                       Heres some durability: http://youtu.be/QJEJjxuGe9g                         Ill post more later

Hmm nice, very true, meh I tried.
Post by Dream (7,630 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Haofan123: How do both showcase Spike at his best when he's up against two foes who could kick his ass and he's barely holding up against them? Hell, Vincent and Ed's father are peak humans yet they were still kicking his ass.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Dream: I showed his fighting abilites and durability which is what i intended to to. His fight with vincent was pretty much the best feat he has in terms of skill. I think spike beats lesnar due to the fact  that he is to agile for lesnar to tag while spike can hit hard and fast. As im sure you know, people smmaller than lesanr have given him hell before. I don't see how spike doesn't take this
Post by KingOfSnipers (435 posts) See mini bio Level 11
What people smaller than Lesnar? Mir was like an inch taller and only weighed about 6-7 pounds less and Cain was pretty much the same size as Brock. Couture didn't really do much of anything, either.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel