Spider-Man vs Luffy

Topic started by SpeedForceSpider on Dec. 2, 2012. Last post by othus12 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,278 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@SpeedForceSpider:

Oh ok

Post by othus12 (6,840 posts) See mini bio Level 13

guys, pre time skip luffy should win against spidey mainly because luffy has more destructive feats and has more endurance, moreover i dont see spidey hurting luffy even if he tosses him around with his web against the ground or buildings.....that is not gonna do anything. pre timeskip tanked a punch from moria which splitted the ground of thriller bark. post time skip luffy is at mountain level with his elephant gatling so......yeah.

Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,281 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@Destinyheroknight said:

@SpeedForceSpider:

Hey, I'm not a Luffy's fanboy :(

LOL then I am not talking about you or anyone in general. Just the people that constantly defend Luffy in every battle he is in. They know who they are.

just beause they defend luffy, doesnt mean they are fanboys. luffy wins with no problem timeskip, little problems before ts. how anyone on comicvine could even say spidey wins is beyond me, give me the link so i can go destroy them :P

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,949 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Jinbeifan1 said:

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@Destinyheroknight said:

@SpeedForceSpider:

Hey, I'm not a Luffy's fanboy :(

LOL then I am not talking about you or anyone in general. Just the people that constantly defend Luffy in every battle he is in. They know who they are.

just beause they defend luffy, doesnt mean they are fanboys. luffy wins with no problem timeskip, little problems before ts. how anyone on comicvine could even say spidey wins is beyond me, give me the link so i can go destroy them :P

Sure it doesn't. http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/luffy-vs-black-suit-spider-man/728627/ be my guest.

Post by PrinceAragorn1 (157 posts) See mini bio Level 4

Here I can say without any fear of die hard comic fanboys that luffy wins this with his arm, and a leg tied behind his back..

@SpeedForceSpider: actually luffy was winning that fight, just because one dude keeps throwing stuff at you trying to say its SUPPOSEDLY better than what luffy has shown (which none of them were) that doesnt mean hes right lol. majority voted luffys favor, sometimes you gotta ignore the person who doesnt give up, even when theyve already lost

@Jinbeifan1: I may have used the wrong person. I should have used Sanji instead.

@SpeedForceSpider: post time skip of any of the monster trio stomp him, pre... hmm you might have a BIT of a chance there. He isnt as fast or strong as zoro or luffy pre time skip BUT he is quite comparable, but it would give spider man a better chance

@Jinbeifan1 said:

@SpeedForceSpider: post time skip of any of the monster trio stomp him, pre... hmm you might have a BIT of a chance there. He isnt as fast or strong as zoro or luffy pre time skip BUT he is quite comparable, but it would give spider man a better chance

Okay you are underestimating Spidey too much now.

@SpeedForceSpider: I think your more underestimating One Piece characters. physically, the monster trio are all individually stronger and faster. the only thing hes got going for him against them is his spider sense, which loses to observation haki

@Jinbeifan1 said:

@SpeedForceSpider: I think your more underestimating One Piece characters. physically, the monster trio are all individually stronger and faster. the only thing hes got going for him against them is his spider sense, which loses to observation haki

I am not underestimating anyone I am just thinking of matches to put up. The battle forums have been dead lately. And since when did Sanji use observation haki pre time skip? Oh and for the record Spidey has superior reflexes.

@SpeedForceSpider: thats for sure, lately its been mostly abstracts vs gods or spite matches lol

@Jinbeifan1 said:

@SpeedForceSpider: thats for sure, lately its been mostly abstracts vs gods or spite matches lol

Yeah people keep bumping old spite threads lol. But I kinda wish I could think of a more fair fight.

Post by taichokage (13,326 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
HST characters vs Marvel and DC meta humans and superhumans depending on the character are fairly sound. Just not cosmics or near cosmics. A lot of people are quick to toss in Surfer, Thor or Hulk as characters for them to fight when even Z characters could barely fight them if at all.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@SpeedForceSpider said:

The folks on comicvine didn't see this as spite or anything. This is disappointing see all these Luffy fanboys.

The folks on Comicvine clearly don't know what they were talking about. This is a horrid mismatch, Spiderman totally takes this and proceeds to destroy creation with his witty humor.

On a more serious note, unless Luffy is a lot weaker than he's been sold off as - Spiderman gets torn in half.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Pre time will have difficulty..

Post time KO's Spidey with a huge fist to the face.

Post by 8000not9000 (32 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Gear Secondo > Venom Symbiote

Post by xlab3000 (1,394 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Luffy wins both rounds

Post by Kurohige (3,718 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Comicvine is pretty infamous for their bias against Anime/Manga, not that I blame them after the whole DBZ fiasco. I mean at one point people were saying that Storm would beat Goku http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/goku-vs-storm/410892/

I saw that thread, most of everybody there had no clue of Luffy's power-ups past the Thriller Bark. I have no idea why people thought Spiderman would have even a slight chance, funny because I remember debating for him in both the Kakashi vs Spiderman thread as well as the shikamaru vs Spiderman thread on here and Comicvine back when I went my tradog. But I was a horrific debater back then (Although I was okay in the Shikamaru one.) http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/spider-man-vs-kakashi/317428/?

http://www.animevice.com/forums/battles/33/kakashi-vs-spider-man/313586/?page=9

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/shikamaru-naara-vs-spiderman/392461/?

But Spiderman does have impressive feats, for example dodging light speed lasers as well as webbing up an entire skyscraper

And iron man

Stopping quicksilver who ran at mach for with one arm easily (Take into account how strong he must be to take an full grown human running faster than sound right into arm and don't even flench.)

Spiderman is no slouch in lifting strength either, he tore a whole train right off the tracks:

Here are some more:

Spiderman dodging Sentinal lasers. Lasers>bullets.
Spiderman dodging Sentinal lasers. Lasers>bullets.
Spiderman dodging gunfire from these guy easily.
Spiderman dodging gunfire from these guy easily.
Spiderman moving fast enough to put up a shield against sentinal also he could use this to block kakashi's jutsu.
Spiderman moving fast enough to put up a shield against sentinal also he could use this to block kakashi's jutsu.
A van is thrown at him, with driver in. Spider-Man enters the van (while it is mid-air), saves the driver and gets out of the opposite end of the van before it hits the wall.
A van is thrown at him, with driver in. Spider-Man enters the van (while it is mid-air), saves the driver and gets out of the opposite end of the van before it hits the wall.
Spiderman changing the course of a bullet after it was fired with his web
Spiderman changing the course of a bullet after it was fired with his web
Webs up a gun after the bullet is fired, which stops the bullet from leaving the chamber.
Webs up a gun after the bullet is fired, which stops the bullet from leaving the chamber.
Spider-sense warns Spidey of explosion well before it happens.
Spider-sense warns Spidey of explosion well before it happens.
Dodges bullets while carrying someone
Dodges bullets while carrying someone
In the space between heartbeats (under one second) Spider-Man pulls a reporter out of harms way, shoots of two weblines and makes a huge web that prevents to police cars from being crushed out under two bricks. He is no Flash, but that is pretty good speed for a non-speedster.
In the space between heartbeats (under one second) Spider-Man pulls a reporter out of harms way, shoots of two weblines and makes a huge web that prevents to police cars from being crushed out under two bricks. He is no Flash, but that is pretty good speed for a non-speedster.
Dodging bullets at close range simply by titling his head.
Dodging bullets at close range simply by titling his head.
Dodging multiple lasers easily
Dodging multiple lasers easily
Dodging a bullet after it was fired.
Dodging a bullet after it was fired.
Dodging multiple lightning blast easily.
Dodging multiple lightning blast easily.
Koing moran (Forgot his name) who is stronger than spiderman.
Koing moran (Forgot his name) who is stronger than spiderman.
Blocking and deflecting bullets with his webs after they are fired (Who said he would not be able to get Kakashi with his webs?)
Blocking and deflecting bullets with his webs after they are fired (Who said he would not be able to get Kakashi with his webs?)
Dodging a being MADE OF LIGHT!
Dodging a being MADE OF LIGHT!
Dodging elector's lightning and immediately counter hitting him.
Dodging elector's lightning and immediately counter hitting him.
In mid air dodging lightning like child's play.
In mid air dodging lightning like child's play.
His reflexes are 40 times faster than a human and he is able to dizzy the hulk.
His reflexes are 40 times faster than a human and he is able to dizzy the hulk.

Is that enough speed for you?

Now for strength a durability.

Taking a hit from Namor while in water.
Taking a hit from Namor while in water.
Takes a full force hit from shocker at point blank, (The only reason his spider sense did not go off was because aunt may the most important thing in the world besides MJ was there)
Takes a full force hit from shocker at point blank, (The only reason his spider sense did not go off was because aunt may the most important thing in the world besides MJ was there)
Taking multiple hits from juggernaut
Taking multiple hits from juggernaut
Flicks this giants thing and flips it over without breaking a sweat.
Flicks this giants thing and flips it over without breaking a sweat.
Spiderman throwing Wolverine out a costumed window by Tony stark that was supposed to be unbreakable.
Spiderman throwing Wolverine out a costumed window by Tony stark that was supposed to be unbreakable.
Dodging tank fire then picking it up and destroys it.
Dodging tank fire then picking it up and destroys it.
Grabs a tank with his webs and flings it to destroy it. (Yeah I think he can block any jutsu kakashi throws at him.
Grabs a tank with his webs and flings it to destroy it. (Yeah I think he can block any jutsu kakashi throws at him.
This guy (Who is stronger than any normal human) Punches spiderman and hurts himself.
This guy (Who is stronger than any normal human) Punches spiderman and hurts himself.
Dodging multiple point blank gunfire
Dodging multiple point blank gunfire
More bullet dodging (Also not some of these he did not use spider sense)
More bullet dodging (Also not some of these he did not use spider sense)
Taking a hit from a hunting stick and hardly even feels it.
Taking a hit from a hunting stick and hardly even feels it.

Impressive, no? However despite all this, Luffy still wins Post-timeskip, and maybe even pre-timeskip. Haki to enhance all his physical stats, precog, beings able to move without Spiderman even being able to see his muscle movement to predict him, being made of rubber, even if Spiderman sees a punch coming, the fact that is stretches will trip him up and let's face it, one hit and the guy is down from Luffy. I can only see Spiderman winning this is he can get Luffy with all his web but that wont happen. Luffy will blitz him and knock him out on the first blow, red howk should also go through most defenses considering how strong it was underwater. Considering he took hits from Hulk and Namor, it may take a few from Luffy (He seems more sturdy than Hodi.) But Spiderman has no way to put Luffy down, give him haki and he has a shot.

On that note, people shouldn't downplay Spiderman either, I mean we are talking about someone who IMO, can take on a captain level Bleach character like Tousen and Mayuri, even Soifon without bankai. Also voting for someone to win all the time does not make them a fanboy. Let's use percentages; if we have 5 battles with Goku:

1. Goku VS Jotaro

2. Goku vs HST

3. Goku vs. Alucard

4. Goku vs Soul eater verse

5. Goku vs Sailor Mars

I'm going to vote for Goku 100% of the time. Doesn't mean I'm a Goku fanboy, it only means he wins the matches he is put in. Voting for the characters doesn't make you a fanboy, it's how you debate with them.

Post by othus12 (6,840 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Kurohige: exactly what he said

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel