Sonic the Hedgehog VS. Megaman X

Topic started by UltimateHero0406 on Sept. 14, 2012. Last post by UltimateHero0406 1 year, 10 months ago.
Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,034 posts) See mini bio Level 16
VS.
VS.

The fastest thing alive from Sega, Sonic the Hedgehog up against the elite maverick hunter from Capcom Megaman X. Battle is to K.O. or death and only basic powers are allowed. Use anime feats only for sonic. Who would win and why.

And also Sonic and Shadow Vs X and Zero. (EPIC)

Post by MarioRedfield (1,743 posts) See mini bio Level 11

From what I know about Mega Man X, I think Sonic wins this.

@MarioRedfield: you would be surprised what i found out about xs stats but im gonna agree with you here.

Post by othus12 (6,683 posts) See mini bio Level 13

sadly sonic

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,899 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Sonic.

Post by sickVisionz (4,263 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Sonic, only because the comics have given him godlike powers

• He travels fast enough to warp the space between dimensions.
  • His defense is so high that he can tank a punch traveling and dimension warping speed and the only physical effect is that he stumbles a bit.
  • His offense is one where a single attack hit so hard and so fast that it sends people traveling through time and space.

What nonsense has the Megaman comics or anime given Megaman that allows him to deal with the ridiculous shit mentioned above?

@sickVisionz: and this is regular sonic your talking about?

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,899 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@sickVisionz: and this is regular sonic your talking about?

If we are talking about Archie Sonic.

@SpeedForceSpider: i mean if this is non super sonic because those are some insane feats

Post by sickVisionz (4,263 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@UltimateHero0406: Yep, those are just regular Sonic feats. Super Sonic can probably bust galaxies, no probably bust all that exists throughout all dimensions of time and space, by doing a spin dash.

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@sickVisionz said:

@UltimateHero0406: Yep, those are just regular Sonic feats. Super Sonic can probably bust galaxies, no probably bust all that exists throughout all dimensions of time and space, by doing a spin dash.

fixed. Yes, that is completely true, cinsiderring back in his considerably weaker days when he faught knuckes. They were accedently destroying dimentions along the way, by accedint.

@sickVisionz: @Killer_of_trolls: well, i guess i should change the op a bit to make it more even. game feats only

Post by One_Piece_God (543 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Sonic

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@UltimateHero0406: Damn this needs a ton of work on the OP, after giving it a thought. But if I have to give a final answer, regarding "basic powers", as the "start of game" states, without any items of any sort, and considerring a game the're starting default state is the best out of their gameing franchise while still canon.

PS: This shall not include "Dark X" from the Magaman Zero series, cause that's not him in the picture, and I doupt OP had him in mind while making this.

first of all I wanna point out that this is impossible to give a perfect final score between these 2, mainly because they are gaming characters and wich can't stomp eachother, and it would depend mainly on the player. Also, will not take in mind the enemies they've beaten cause that would be silly for obvious reasons. So, I'll use a made-up ranking system.

Speed: Sonic is significantly much faster when building enough momentum, and X has the dash on ground which is only a few meter though. so in terms of speed sonic. Even in reaction speed, It is obious if compared screen by screen, or in Mugen sprite rips, that sonic is is faster in close range than base X. so Sonic wins both reaction speed, and travel speed. Furthermore, It's not a blitz.

Sonic: 5/5, X: 2/5

Attacks: Mega man has the projectile advantage here with his buster and plasma charge, but it's nothing sonic didn't face before. So, if Sonic does start far can charge fast as stated above, but Megaman X can spam a "shoot, and jump&shoot". Sonic has a great attack advantage X doesn't, which is the famous "jump on enemy" technique used in many games, also has the double spin dash which can har from all directions, but dangourasly in close range.

Sonix:2, X:4

Durabillity: Megaman has a good life bar that can take some hits. However, sonic only needs 1 to 2 to die, and it's only 2 if he has rings. However we are not considerring items here.

Sonic:1, X:4

Latittude: Sonic can jump a bit higher than X, so he get's and extra points for using that dodge, and another extra point cause it helps him with "jump on" attack. Sonic: +2

wall jumping: X can hold on walls and jump off, so he gets an extra poin. X: +1

Overall score:

Sonic: 10 - Megaman X: 11

I guess X wins this one in a very close match with great diffculty.

And also Sonic and Shadow Vs X and Zero. (EPIC)

Make another thread with a different OP, of Shadow vs Zero. However I am quite surprised this wasn't locked as you used video game versions of the characters. But hey if the mods don't mind be my guest.

@Killer_of_trolls: shadow would murder zero as chaos control is one of his basic abilites. i sort of already made it on comicvine as well and they only allowed game feats which provided for a pretty good debate. and i guess i could make it only use sonic x but sonic would have the durability and power edge on x. sonic was stepped on multiple times by a giant robot and shot out of a space cannon into an exploding womhole and was pretty much unharmed from both.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel