Sephiroth vs Mihawk

Topic started by Stingerrain on May 23, 2013. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 1 month ago.
Post by ohgodwhy (1,505 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Fehafare: But what about scenes that can help determine speed, like when the buildings falling down because Sephiroth just slashed it and they still look like they're fighting at normal speed. Nothing in that movie made them look massively hypersonic as far as I can remember. Unless you expect me to believe that they fought in slow motion because they wanted to make the movie look good.

The calcs are always fan calcs, I still don't buy into them. Common examples for me that show how ridiculous fan examples can get is if someone dodges any sort of lightening bolt and therefore automatically becomes massively hypersonic regardless of them not showing any other similar feats.

Another example of fans going calcs is clear right in this very thread when someone goes and states that Sephiroth has country level slashes...

Post by Fehafare (8,376 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@ohgodwhy: I already explained that, the movie would look like crap or any cutscene for that matter. Flashiness if mostly unquantifiable and i'd rather have some un-impressive looks feats which can actually be put to paper and that result in some clear numbers.You will hardly ever find a character who looks like he's moving at MHS speeds, deal with it.

Yes they are fan calcs, but that's what VS debating is all about. In some situations fan calcs can pretty much undermine what the author himself said, at least in the VS sense. I'll tell you quiet openly that 70%-80% of author's would laugh at the stats their characters have in the VS debating world, but that's just how it goes, it's a system that works and that makes this whole thing fun and actually implements some sense into it. And no, dodging any lightning blot doesn't give you MHS speeds. It has to be natural cloud to earth lightning and even then it can be disregarded. A character from Lupin III had a natural lightning timing feat but because he's pretty much peak human otherwise that was thrown out of the window.

Haven't looked into the DC of FFVII character's yet, but assuming the calcs and feats are solid i don't see any valid argument against them other than "buu-hoo the feat's aren't flashy enough to get results like that".

To make it short: It doesn't matter how much impressive something looks or how impressive you consider it to be, just the numbers behind it do.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,480 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Why are we talking about calcs?

Feats>Calcs

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,015 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@DBZ_universe said:

Feats>Calcs

Amen to that~

@TheNeutralOne said:

@DBZ_universe said:

Feats>Calcs

Amen to that~

Yup.

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,143 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@supernova7005 said:

Sephiroth is mach 100+ with country level slashes.

Sephy solos the HST

LOL wut? I must have missed that. Plain Sephiroth is not country level.

@ohgodwhy said:

@Fehafare: But what about scenes that can help determine speed, like when the buildings falling down because Sephiroth just slashed it and they still look like they're fighting at normal speed. Nothing in that movie made them look massively hypersonic as far as I can remember. Unless you expect me to believe that they fought in slow motion because they wanted to make the movie look good.

The calcs are always fan calcs, I still don't buy into them. Common examples for me that show how ridiculous fan examples can get is if someone dodges any sort of lightening bolt and therefore automatically becomes massively hypersonic regardless of them not showing any other similar feats.

Another example of fans going calcs is clear right in this very thread when someone goes and states that Sephiroth has country level slashes...

Exactly.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,468 posts) See mini bio Level 10

The calcs are made up. No where in FF does the event explained in that post actually happen.

The only correct calcs are the writer's calcs.

Post by ChromeDisaster (1,099 posts) See mini bio Level 11

sooooo, in what part of FF7 does Sephiroth have a country busting slash? That is invalid to the utmost degree

Off topic....

Sephiroth always reminds me of Aizen lol idk why.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,816 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@ohgodwhy: SOLDIER 1st class Zack Fair was able to dodge multiple gun fire from machine guns per second from every direction. They are at least mach 100, Sephiroth and Cloud are stronger than him in AC. Just because something appears slow doesn't automatically mean they are slow.

@DBZ_universe said:

Feats>Calcs

Depends on the situation.

@CerusSerenade said:

The calcs are made up. No where in FF does the event explained in that post actually happen.

The calcs aren't made up going by Zack Fair's feats. The only load of BS here is Sephiroth having country level slashes.

@SpeedForceSpider: True. Also Sephi having country slashes is also true about being bs.

Post by Theorder14 (206 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I've seen the movie, played the ff7 game and crisis core but i still don't see how that puts the ff characters in mach 100 range >.>

@Theorder14 said:

I've seen the movie, played the ff7 game and crisis core but i still don't see how that puts the ff characters in mach 100 range >.>

Wow seriously?

Skip to 4:55

@SpeedForceSpider: Sure, i would put him in hypersonic + and it would be enough to dodge the bullets but i wouldn't put him in mach 100, I've seen anime characters move that fast and dodge bullets like nothing and neither would i put them in mach 100. Let's take a look at the intro of crisis core then. Starting at 1:50 and it' doesn't looks like he's moving at mach 100 at all

@Theorder14: I don't think you quite understand the concept of machine gun fire from an army in all directions. Machine gun rounds fire at MHS. I haven't seen many anime perform the same exact feat. Take it or leave it. I won't debate on this any further just my two cents.

@SpeedForceSpider: yes, but i would say he also used his skills,prediction and timing. Not to mention that he have far greater reaction speed. It's not like it's his speed alone that helped him dodge all the bullets. he ain't no Flash. I know of a character who only have hypersonic speed and he managed to defeat his enemy who move FTL because of his superior reaction speed. does that makes him FTL? see where i'm going? Also, mach 100 is insanely fast and the bullets wouldn't even be near him if he was that fast

@Theorder14: I honestly don't see the point in using MTFL Flash as an example. Dodging MHS machine gun fire per second is a small accomplishment compared to the Flash. But bigger than anything in the HST has shown. Take it how you want I'm through. And honestly he didn't break a swea,t the bullets couldn't touch him in that small vicinity. You're not taking the area and other factors into consideration.

@Fehafare said:

@ohgodwhy: I already explained that, the movie would look like crap or any cutscene for that matter. Flashiness if mostly unquantifiable and i'd rather have some un-impressive looks feats which can actually be put to paper and that result in some clear numbers.You will hardly ever find a character who looks like he's moving at MHS speeds, deal with it.

Yes they are fan calcs, but that's what VS debating is all about. In some situations fan calcs can pretty much undermine what the author himself said, at least in the VS sense. I'll tell you quiet openly that 70%-80% of author's would laugh at the stats their characters have in the VS debating world, but that's just how it goes, it's a system that works and that makes this whole thing fun and actually implements some sense into it. And no, dodging any lightning blot doesn't give you MHS speeds. It has to be natural cloud to earth lightning and even then it can be disregarded. A character from Lupin III had a natural lightning timing feat but because he's pretty much peak human otherwise that was thrown out of the window.

Haven't looked into the DC of FFVII character's yet, but assuming the calcs and feats are solid i don't see any valid argument against them other than "buu-hoo the feat's aren't flashy enough to get results like that".

To make it short: It doesn't matter how much impressive something looks or how impressive you consider it to be, just the numbers behind it do.

Have you seen this one? a human without any powers whatsoever dodged lightning by using prediction and timing >.>

@SpeedForceSpider: I didn't rly compare him and Flash lol. just a figure of speech

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel