Sephiroth vs Mihawk

Topic started by Stingerrain on May 23, 2013. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by Stingerrain (394 posts) See mini bio Level 9

- Full knowledge for both.

- In-Character.

- Winner by Death.

- Setting is Marineford.

Round 1: Pure sword fight; no abilities allowed for Sephy.

Round 2: Sephiroth has access to his magic and abilities.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,947 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Sephiroth both rounds.

Post by Fehafare (9,323 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Sephiroth should win both scenarios with the new calcs up.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,623 posts) See mini bio Level 10

What new calcs?

Post by ChromeDisaster (1,099 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Sephiroth overkills Miahawk in both rounds.But round 2, that's an instant death for Mihawk. Spam Meteor

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,180 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Sephiroth should win round 1, definitely wins round 2.

I've doubted some of the calcs before (I do not buy Hashirama having massively hypersonic reactions), but I know that several members of SOLDIER are bullet-timers. Since Sephiroth made the other members of SOLDIER look like trash, it reasons that his speeds are firmly in the hypersonic range. Until I see more evidence I wouldn't say that he'd definitely beat Mihawk in round 1.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Post by xlab3000 (1,394 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Sephiroth

Sephiroth kills me all the time in Kingdom Hearts.

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@DBZ_universe:

LOL i remember when i first played kingdom hearts II and was doing it on proud mode and got to sephiroth

His opening attack got me and then he slashed.

My only reaction was "butwhy.jpg"

@TheNeutralOne: lol I only lasted like 1 minute best. Sephi is hard! Hell not even the last boss in KD2 is hard.

Post by ohgodwhy (1,541 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Ah I remember the KH1 Sephy fight. I'd just finished the game and was bored so I went to the coliseum. Then I saw these two new cups, Platinum and Diamond. This looks cool I thought so I went straight into platinum and then all of a sudden the music starts playing and I was like who the hell is this cool guy (having not played FF7). Needless to say he kicked my ass.

However I leveled up and I eventually beat him, then I just kept beating him to level up to 100 because he dropped a crap load of experience.

Good times.

Also Sephiroth probably wins this, but I'm not so sure as most of the people seem to be here. Mihawk's not got many feats but he was easily able to deflect a cannon ball and could react to Gear 2 Luffy easily. Plus he's more destructive. I think it would be a good fight.

@ohgodwhy: Actually going by all the new stuff happening with calcs and shit, HST characters are pretty much becoming fodders for FF7 characters.

Not exactly sure how to feel about it...

Post by ohgodwhy (1,541 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Fehafare: They show all these calcs which are purely fan based but then you watch FF7 Advent Children (Which is where everyone is at their most powerful) and I didn't see anything that was remotely close to these 'Mach 100' calculations that I see.

I just don't believe fan made calculations at all, they're always ridiculous. If they can move at Mach 100 why do they even need airships or motorbikes? Why aren't all the battles over in a second? I think the movie is a far better resource to use for feats than the game mechanics. Or in game cutscenes like the ones in Crisis Core, which are clear and much easier to quantify.

That's just my opinion on this.

@ohgodwhy: Pretty sure the calcs are based upon Advent Children and not the original game.

And they still use vehicles because they can't actually cross large distances at those speeds, those are small bursts for a few meters at best, only usable in combat.

The battles aren't over in seconds because no one would bother to watch a movie like that.

Calcs are pretty much the best way to determine the strength of feats if they are not self evident. I largely dislike the mentality off "lol i don't care about calcs or numbers, i just go by how flashy the scene is".

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Sephiroth is mach 100+ with country level slashes.

Sephy solos the HST

Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

^--- which final fantasy is this?!

Post by othus12 (6,833 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@TheNeutralOne said:

^--- which final fantasy is this?!

ditto

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@TheNeutralOne: FF7

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel