Screwattack Goku vs Superman

Topic started by xlab3000 on Dec. 23, 2012. Last post by Sonata 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by MarioRedfield (1,718 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DBZ_universe: Didn't Broly die from being blasted into the sun?

Post by valfranx (194 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@MarioRedfield: broly actually die because of the triple kamehameha, has been shown in the series that ki can emit much heat.

Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Actually, again, Plot-Device. And it wasn't the Kamehameha nor the sun, it was combination of both the Triple Family Kamehameha as well as being blasted Through the Sun. And this was only done via plot-device.

@ReiKai: All I'm saying is none of Brolly's feats make any sense with the rest of the movie. Even the plot devices make no sense. If Brolly was that powerful in his first movie, Goku would have needed more energy than he actually got to defeat him. I feel like there's too much PIS surrounding him to take his feats seriously.

Post by The Stegman (154 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Personally, I have always been on the Team Superman side for this debate, but I have a weird feeling Goku will win this...wonder if they will use GT as canon.
Post by DBZ_universe (14,771 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@MarioRedfield: Even if it's "Featless" it is a way higher multiplier than a SSJ3.

Also it's still Broly... and it retains Broly's feats such as Galaxy Busting. the only reason you can beat him in the game is cause of game mechanics.

Also Broly dying was a plot device... or else he would had die when he Star busted.

@DBZ_universe: You act like Brolly is unbeatable and that's just not true at all. None of the stuff in his movie made any sense. How did he supposedly destroy a galaxy and survived that then was killed through a triple Kamehameha blasting him through the sun? Also, if the whole galaxy was destroyed at once, then why did it show everything being destroyed one at a time. It's not like the entire galaxy just was destroyed all at once. I'm not saying he's not a galaxy buster, but I am saying he can't do it all at once. I don't take anything he did seriously because nothing he did made any sense. The only actual impressive thing he did was destroy a galaxy one solar system or planet at a time, and the rest of the film contradicts his so called all powerfulness

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,635 posts) See mini bio Level 15

How did this all of a sudden become a Broly debate? You guys man......

The Movies weren't made to make sense. And a Plot-Device doesn't have to be more powerful than the one it's used against. That's why it's a Plot-Device. It works simply because the Writers said it would.

@MarioRedfield: Movies aren't suppose to make sense. lol or else movie 12 would had made perfect sense as well... but it didn't.

also again a plot device was used to defeat him.

Also no, Broly isn't unbeatable. I can name characters that can beat him..

@ReiKai: @DBZ_universe: Fine, but I'm saying he doesn't have insanely high durability if he was killed by a triple kamehameha into the sun. If that takes him down, then there's no proof he could survive a galaxy busting attack.

@SpeedForceSpider: Well we all go off topic from time to time.... all of us.

You're ignoring the fact it was still a Plot Device instance. Durability, super powers, omnipotence. Doesn't mean a damn thing if the writer throws in a Plot Device.
Post by ohgodwhy (1,457 posts) See mini bio Level 11

OMFG

@ReiKai: that argument just doesn't hold up. If he was a character long established with many impressive durability feats that contradict that then that could be called a plot device. But since there isn't any evidence supporting he could have withstood that then there really is no solid argument here.

@ohgodwhy said:

OMFG

Calm down....

@DBZ_universe: Oh my... I just realized how condescending I was coming off as. I'm sorry, man. :(

@MarioRedfield: I'm always calm.

We've been down this road several times and it always leads to the same conclusion.

You'll say it doesn't make sense.

Reikai will say that it was all a plot device.

You'll both try and disprove the other and neither will succeed.

Then we'll all wait till the next thread that features the Broly bomb.

Just leave it be, this thread has nothing to do with Broly.

@ohgodwhy: Fair enough. I didn't realize I did this often. I don't remember ever doing this. I do wanna understand Broly because I don't think I can make my point well because I'm getting confused trying to make sense of what I'm trying to say, lol.

When you say me, do you mean me, or do you mean no one in particular? Because I'm sorry I just honestly don't remember doing this before. I guess I may have, but I just can't remember doing so.

@MarioRedfield: You refers to you but also refers to pretty much anyone who's partaken in this same debate in the past.

Everyone raises a fair point but at the end of the day no one can disprove the other and neither party is willing to concede.

I don't think you've ever posted in the many other Broly vs .... threads before so you probably didn't know but yeah, it's the same old debate every time.

Post by Sonata (35,000 posts) See mini bio Level 20
How did this become a Brolly debate......looks @ DBZ_Universe tsk tsk:P

@MarioRedfield: Well, I wanted it to end but we continued..

@Sonata said:

How did this become a Brolly debate......looks @ DBZ_Universe tsk tsk:P

tsk... Sorry. wont happen again.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel