Sasori vs Itachi

Topic started by Pheonix on June 7, 2010. Last post by hiei_hyabusha 3 years, 11 months ago.
Post by Jemenez (21 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@willyvereb said:
" @hitsusatsu11: And why you think Itachi would resort to Susanoo? I think he was in no state to properly use that. Also it isn't his style to bust in with his strongest attack. Indeed with superior speed and Sharingan he has an easier time but remember: It's still a losing battle. Itachi didn't show many heavy-hitting techniques and his Amaterasu can't be used repeatedly. That's why I think Itachi could beat Sasori without his illness but with his bad health Itachi has little chance. Only one single wound and Itachi is dead.  Itachi's Sharingan can't sense the actions of the puppets, the hidden weapons would prove to be a lethal surprise. "
He would resort to Susanoo, because he is facing Sasori, He doesn't have to hold back on everybody you know
Post by Dream (8,274 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Stats on Sasori and Itachi from the Third Naruto Databook:

Sasori
Ninjutsu- 5
Taijutsu- 4
Genjutsu- 4
Intelligence- 5
Strength- 3
Speed- 4.5
Stamina- 5
Hand Seals- 4

Itachi
Ninjutsu- 5
Taijutsu- 4.5
Genjutsu- 5
Intelligence- 5
Strength- 3.5
Speed- 5
Stamina- 2.5
Hand Seals- 5
Post by willyvereb (5,943 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Jemenez: Why would he use it? He obviously hid that technique from everyone, esoecially Madara. I think he kept Susanoo against Madara or other special situation. He may use it as last resort but it may be too late by then. And no, Sharingan can't see movements but the flow of chakra. While human puppets are a bit different but they are still machines. Other than a plug-like structure they probably have no source of Chakra. Although certain attacks probably have it. Anyways how could Itachi counter the 3rd Kazekage puppet's assault for example?
Same with the other puppets. Itachi would run out of Katons fairly fast. Also he needs to fight in contstant poison mist without taking a breath.
Well, in a situation like that he may resort to Susanoo but such action would obviously force Sasori to retreat.
Post by Jemenez (21 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@willyvereb said:
" @Jemenez:  He may use it as last resort but it may be too late by then.
He would be smart enough to use it before he dies.
Post by KibaJunior (72 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Itachi wins! It's not even a battle!
Post by Fantasma (360 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@willyvereb said:

And no, Sharingan can't see movements but the flow of chakra.

Didn't Sasuke copy Rock Lee's attacks, when he faced him in the tournament saga at the start of Naruto?
Post by KibaJunior (72 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@Fantasma said:
" @willyvereb said:

And no, Sharingan can't see movements but the flow of chakra.

Didn't he copy Rock Lee's attacks, when he faced him in the tournament saga at the start of Naruto? "

Sasuke did.
@Fantasma: He did but only because every living being emits Chakra unconsciously. That's how Sharingan predicts the movements and copy techniques.
Post by G12LMO (22 posts) See mini bio Level 3
@Pheonix:
You've shown many scans about how weak Sasuke's amaterasu is. I have yet to see anything relating to Itachi's amaterasu. Sasuke has not that the MS for long and is still inexperienced in using it. Not to mention, the major bleeding from the eyes indicates exhaustion on Sasuke's part. Remember that they are both at full power; therefore, Itachi is not sick nor blind. Though Sasori is strong, Itachi has the advantage. People are also forgetting that Itachi is not limited to Sharingan-related techinques. Most people have gone on about MS techniques vs Sasori's puppets. Itachi became part of Anbu and a Jonin before he had the Mangenkyo. He is also quite agile, and able to evade Sasori's attacks better than Sakura or Sasori.
Post by Fantasma (360 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@willyvereb said:

" @Fantasma: He did but only because every living being emits Chakra unconsciously. That's how Sharingan predicts the movements and copy techniques. "

Oh come on Willy, he just copied his fighting techniques.

From Narutopedia: Check out number 3.

The first of the Sharingan's powers is being able to see the chakra flow. The Sharingan can tell if a person is under a genjutsu because the person's chakra flow would be irregular.

The Sharingan's second-most prominent ability grants the user an incredible clarity of perception, allowing them to easily recognize genjutsu and different forms of chakra, though not to the same extent as the Byakugan. This also allows the user to pick up on subtle details, enabling them to read lip movements or mimic something like pencil movements. As the Sharingan evolves, gaining more tomoe seals, this ability extends to being able to track fast-moving objects before finally giving some amount of predictive capabilities to the user. However, even though the user may be able to see an attack or know it is coming, their body may not have time to react.

The Sharingan's third and most well-known ability is that it grants the user the ability to memorize any technique that he or she witnesses, apart from other Kekkei Genkai techniques. The user can memorize ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu with perfect accuracy, allowing the user to use the techniques as his own, or even modify them to create his own new techniques, much like Sasuke Uchiha's Lion Combo. In order to reproduce a copied jutsu, however, one must have the necessary skill or ability to perform them. A prime example is Rock Lee's brand of taijutsu. While Sasuke was able to copy some of Lee's moves, they put a much more significant strain on him since he hasn't trained nearly as much as Lee has. In addition to physical skill and kekkei genkai techniques, the Sharingan cannot reproduce jutsu dependent on other factors, such as summons that the user has not signed a contract with.

I agree with all of this.
Post by Jflash94 (738 posts) See mini bio Level 8

I give this to itachi one the sealing jutsu and two his genjutsu will be enough also u forget that
@G12LMO: You meant Chio, right? Indeed, full powered non-sick Itachi would kill Sasori but not the one with the bad health. Even before the time skip Itachi had that condition and it worsened in Shippuuden. That's why I gave the battle to Sasori.
Post by Jflash94 (738 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@willyvereb:
again forgetting the sealing remember itachi was determined to talk to his brother before he died
Post by G12LMO (22 posts) See mini bio Level 3

@willyvereb:
I'd like to call your attention to the rules of the battle. It clearly says: No restrictions. Illness is most definately a restricion, is it not? 
Also, Chiyo is the correct Romanization of her name.

Post by Magnathorax (167 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@Dream said:
" Stats on Sasori and Itachi from the Third Naruto Databook:

Sasori
Ninjutsu- 5
Taijutsu- 4
Genjutsu- 4
Intelligence- 5
Strength- 3
Speed- 4.5
Stamina- 5
Hand Seals- 4

Itachi Ninjutsu- 5 Taijutsu- 4.5 Genjutsu- 5 Intelligence- 5 Strength- 3.5 Speed- 5 Stamina- 2.5 Hand Seals- 5 "
Data book stats are irrelevant in every Naruto fight . I can tell you the reason if you want to know
Post by Suiken_Seiji (5 posts) See mini bio Level 3

Hmm... I like both characters. But... I give this to Itachi.

Sasori was trumped over by Sakura with the backed up intellect of Chiyo. Meaning he was out smarted by Chiyo. 

You're really going to compare Chiyo's intellect to someone who has consistently show to be hundreds of steps ahead of everyone in his plans? His plan hasn't even been finished. He's got a fail safe for everything, he even gave Naruto part of his power near the beginning of Shippudden arc, just incase Sasuke would go "evil". The power he has given has yet to even be revealed yet of what the power has done for Naruto and what it can do. Madara even compliments Itachi on his intellect on how far he plans ahead when confronting Sasuke the first time, the same can't be said about Sasori nor any other characters and Madara don't compliment anyone seriously unless they've proved them selves.

Also... The type of speed Sakura manage to display under the control of Chiyo, Itachi would have no trouble keeping up or exceeding it. Would Sasori even be able hit Itachi knowing he could move that fast and plus he has a the "Crow Jutsu" that allows him to basically become intangible? How is Sasori going to hit something that's not solid, and if he does take that chance of hitting Itachi if he let's Sasori attempt a strike, he has a shadow clone or an explosive shadow clone to deal with. Itachi surely won't even attempt Genjutsu and Sasori has never seen the Ameratsu, it would come at a complete surprise to him. Which plays in the factor of most fights in Naruto. Not knowing the technique and being surprised? I don't see Sasori being preped for that or knowing what to do. Sasuke barely manage to dodge Itachi's Ameratsu, but this only because Itachi wasn't intentionally trying to kill Sasuke either. Also if you remember correctly... Itachi's intellect and using the element of surprise even hit Madara with the Ameratsu before he could become intangible upon meeting Sasuke the first time. 

As for Sasori's puppets, if Chiyo could cut his chakra strings down. I see no reason why Itachi would even have a problem to begin with. 

I see plenty of ways for Itachi to win, but none for Sasori. 

Here's Sasori's defaults in this fight. 

His over confidence and arrogance. In his fight with Sakura and Chiyo, he consistently always thought he was superior and thought he had the drop on them only to be surprised over time again. Sasori relies too much on his puppets and over whelming factors, such as out numbering his opponents with puppets or unleashing multiple jutsus, also... relying too much on his poison which also ended up as a down fall.  

Also... Itachi has more credibility then Sasori by many in the show. Remember Jiraiya? He openly admit that Itachi stands on equal terms or excels him. 

I don't see much credibility from Sasori other then, no one has seen his real body or apparently no one has a cure for his poison, which are merely statements exagerated by him. Sasori has been seen by Orochimaru when they were partners. An antidote was created for his poison. 

If you even manage to keep up with arc. Sasori can no longer even contend with Kankuro with all of his abilities and jutsus. 

I've given plenty of reasons why Itach is superior to Sasori, but I don't see any real credibility of why Sasori would even stand a chance, little alone touch Itachi. 

Also... Don't forget the first initial ability Sharingan gets, the ability to copy and make their opponents seem more slower then usual. Kaakshi was mostly noted for this durring his time against Zabuza Momoichi, when Zabuza literally thought Kakashi was psychic cause Kakashi seen his moves before he could complete them.  

And this is Itachi here... A prodigy of the Sharingan and Uchiha. How is Sasori going to win or even touch him or even sneak up on him?

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Itachi easily. Susanoo and/or ameterasu puts sasori down in seconds
Post by FoolyCooly (676 posts) See mini bio Level 9

can someone shut that pheonix guy up?
Post by FoolyCooly (676 posts) See mini bio Level 9
wait....how old was that?
Post by hiei_hyabusha (869 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@FoolyCooly:
Lol im pretty sure that guy got banned
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel