Saber vs Sephiroth

Topic started by DarkScarecrow on Feb. 17, 2013. Last post by CerusSerenade 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by DarkScarecrow (88 posts) See mini bio Level 7
The fight takes place in a random city. Saber has no morals. Sephiroth is in character. Death ftw. No prep. Both have their swords. Who wins?

Saber is at full power.

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

sephiroth stomps, no competition.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,621 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Sephiroth has no way to kill Saber with Avalon. Saber wins.

Post by Dream (7,611 posts) See mini bio Level 21

With Avalon, Sephiroth is screwed.

Without it, Saber would still win, but with difficulty. Her magic resistance should be able to hold up against Sephiroth's magic, but his formidable swordsmanship would still pose problems.

Post by DarkScarecrow (88 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Dream: No Avalon then.

Excaliblast at close range will kill Sephiroth pretty handily.

Post by Dartz (164 posts) See mini bio Level 6

His barriers around the Northern Crater were able to withstand attacks with more power than Excalibur.

@Dartz: In human form or when he was part of the Negative Lifestream? I don't believe he has the ability to cast barriers in the former state, which is being judged here.

@Dream: I thought OP meant AC Sephiroth, since it's his current form.

@Dartz: Well regardless, the only time I recall him having the barrier up was during FF7 when he was changing into Safer Sephiroth and fusing with the Lifestream. You haven't seen him milked any use of barriers since, even during his frequent spars with Cloud, have you?

@Dream: I meant the barrier he placed around the Northern Crater, not the barrier spell (though they may be one and the same). I don't think it was stated or implied he was Safer Sephiroth when he placed that barrier.

I don't think it was stated or implied he was Safer Sephiroth when he placed that barrier.

Sephiroth had set up the barrier around the crater in FF7 to protect himself while he transformed into a form he seen as benefiting a god (i.e.: Safer Sephiroth).

@Dream said:

I don't think it was stated or implied he was Safer Sephiroth when he placed that barrier.

Sephiroth had set up the barrier around the crater in FF7 to protect himself while he transformed into a form he seen as benefiting a god (i.e.: Safer Sephiroth).

The fact that he didn't replace the shield after it was overwhelmed leads me to believe that it requires prep, which he doesn't have.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel