RX-77 Gundam vs Arx-7 Arbalest.

Topic started by willyvereb on April 1, 2010. Last post by hitsusatsu11 4 years, 5 months ago.
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17
 RX-78 Gundam. Pilot: Amuro Ray
 RX-78 Gundam. Pilot: Amuro Ray

ARX-7 Arbalest. Pilot: Sousuke Sagara
 ARX-7 Arbalest. Pilot: Sousuke Sagara
  • The battle happens on the surface of Earth in the deserts with few clifs, other elevations and else as cover.
  • Amuro Ray is past the OYW. Same with his Gundam. They're both in top shape.
  • Sousuke Sagara mastered the Lamda Drive and he can use it at will. His mech is equiped with the usual Boxer shotgun and they're both in top shape as well.
  • They have never met each other and don't know a thing about the other's mech.

Who would win?
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@willyvereb: i thought you meant 77 which is the guncannon

but mostly sagara
OYW era mobile suit is still technological in nature with the application of phleb, then again it would last really long
@cfatalis: Amuro is quite skilled and Even the old RX-78 could make "long" rocket jumps. In addition I doubt Amuro even needs to hit Sagara. The beam rifle could melt everything even if it grazes him. Not to mention the Gundam has Gundarium armor with enough strength to endure tank shots en masse.
It isn't that easy.
But well, Sousuke's mech is half as large(less than 10 meters) and he has more experience in surface battles. Also the Gundam only runs just slightly faster and the ARX-7 has better controls.
The problem is avoiding those beam shots and the Newtype H4x. And well the head vulcans can pose a problem too. Though with the Lambda shield Sousuke can overcome the later easily.

In short I am not so sure about the winner.

And yeah. I messed up the title a bit.:p
EDIT:Funny how the image sizes reflect almost perfectly the size differences between the two mechs.:p
@willyvereb: well lambda driver shot, should be the main offense option there, and also lambda driver shield, these two will probably carry sousuke to victory

then again amuro need only one shot from any weapon except his vulcan to win
@cfatalis: Yeah. And we can't write Amuro down as a clumsy pilot. He can shoot rather well and probably could even predict Sousuke's movements with his Newtype abilities.
@willyvereb: what do you mean rather well? if anything he is one of those , "my shots count "pilot

oh and gundam have more operational time compared to arbalest in full capacity
@cfatalis: Well, the Arbalest has the operation time of 50 hours. I doubt this battle would take longer than 2 hours. We have to count with the amunition though, especially the E-cap of the Beam Rifle. It can fire 15 shots without reloading but I doubt the Gundam has much spare E-caps.:p
@willyvereb: well the mc version uses three E-cap in the shield, and have more power efficiency, so i think it can squeeze off one more shot

arbalest 50 hour is 50 hour standby if i am not wrong, at full capacity using lambda shield all the time, and firing the shots........ would make it lower
@cfatalis: I didn't remember. Well, it makes Sousuke's work even harder. I believe he would pass out faster than the batteries run out. Using Lambda Driver adds great strain on his mind.Also I wonder if a Lambda shot could really penetrate the Gundam's armor without a problem. For example its shield and the chest area could be problematic to penetrate while the leg parts are hard to hit.

And those powerful beam shots...
How much chance you give Sousuke to win?
@willyvereb: eh? depending on topography(position and such) at most 30% nearing 40
@cfatalis: Yeah, topography matters though we have to add that Sousuke needs to get closer somehow. That Beam rifle can shoot accurately from a whole kilometer.
Also I wonder what counts as real cover against a beam rifle.:p
@willyvereb: mostly? sands, those rocks are decoy covers,a beam rifle from a kilometer is dodgeable, close range firings however.....
@cfatalis: Dodgable? I thought it goes nearly lightspeed.
@willyvereb: that is where missconception is, beam doesn't travel at nearly light speed, at least not this one , this one is dodgeable or at least deflectable

later uc does travel at lightspeed,hence the beam shield
@cfatalis:  I see. Then Sousuke has a bit more chance. I give him 25%. 
Actually I would give him 60 if he realizes that using the stealth function of the Arbalest would make him able to sneak behind the Gundam unnoticed. Gundams have good heat sensors but it isn't enough to detect the Arbalest.  Amuro's Newdeath sense would alert him but at least Sousuke could get at close range.
@willyvereb: well at least a first hit he would get or at least one hit, knowing sousuke he will make use of it
@cfatalis: Probably though Amuro would dodge that. Newtype danger sense is a rather sly ability when it comes for ambushes.:p
@willyvereb: yes especially that "last shooting" scene
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
amuro wins
@hitsusatsu11: You could be a bit more constructive though and tell us the reasons why.
We are leaning a bit on his side too but explaining our opinions are part of this thread.:)
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel