Roronoa Zoro vs Gin ichimaru

Topic started by luthluth on Nov. 24, 2013. Last post by taichokage 1 year ago.
Post by luthluth (1,505 posts) See mini bio Level 11

VS  

Round 1 Both are in character 
Round 2 Both are bloodlusted  

Fight takes place at 

How does this end?
Post by taichokage (14,823 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I'd probably give it to Gin. Zoro's reactions are good, but I doubt he could dodge Kami Shini no Yari for long.
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,423 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Zoro, he'd only have to dodge it once then go in for the kill... actually it could go either way really. If gin lands a hit (and he plans to use the poison in it) then he wins, but if he doesnt Zoro would chop him into pieces

Post by katanalauncher (540 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Online Now

Bloodlusted Gin got this, difficulty vary depending on distance.

Post by Dream (8,122 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Both have the potential to one-shot one another and have some sort of advantage over the other that would make it hard for them to take one another out (Zoro with Observation Haki, Gin with his ability to fly). To be honest, I think this one's gonna be a bit too close for me to call.

Post by Kobra678 (3,454 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I can see Gin taking this, Zoro doesn't really have anything that could hurt Gin in the air other than the cannons, but Gin should be able to dodge those.

Exactly. As long as Gin is in the air, at best Zoro could use the cannon, which isn't that strong yet and is easily dodged compared to Gin's bankai. If Gin were on the ground then maybe not.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,755 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Bankai in the air FTW.

Post by Dream (8,122 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Ummm, anyone failing to factor in Zoro's Observation Haki?

I don't think it would make much difference. Even with observation haki his actual speed and more so his stamina wouldn't allow him to dodge the bankai for a long length of time and from the air he couldn't attack Gin directly either. It also only takes a nick for it to be fatal for Zoro.
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,423 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@taichokage: well his speed is superior in movement, and I dont think we should doubt his stamina especially after thriller bark, and that was pre time skip. But yeah the problem would be landing a direct hit if he's in the air. but from what we saw of his 300 pound cannon it's a lot faster than his previous attacks, and stronger

@Dream:  
I assume Zoro has the closest level of Observation Haki to Luffy so he should be able to perform similar feats like avoiding a liquid explosion at point blank which expands at around mach 7 to 30.
Post by TheNeutralOne (1,016 posts) See mini bio Level 10

The flying really hinders zoro here. His stamina and speed cannot be put into question especially from attacks that don't hit him considering he moves quickly with worse.

However gin should be able to take this if he just spams forever.

That is if he decided to do that. I doubt he would if he sees he is missing to much the logical approach would be to take the close combat option. No knowledge means he will probably take zoro as just another swordsman and fight him on the ground. Would he even start going all out against someone he took as a normal person?

Also could zoro's tornado get to him in the sky?

But yea gin could very well take this though zoro could take it as well if dude coudln't fly.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,755 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Zoro could always throw a sword to Gin while he is in the air lol.

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (2,212 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Gin probably wins, but it could go either way, Gin holds the advantage of flight as many have said, but Zoro still has his cannons and twisters, not to mention that Gin will have to be pretty high up to be able to stay out of his reach entirely, if Gin allows him to get close and duke it out with their swords he will get dominated, all in all it depends on their distance and if Gin takes to the air.

@luthluth: Starting distance?

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,058 posts) See mini bio Level 15

For IC I'd give it to Zoro. Dude is ridiculous in the speed and endurance department. I mainly say Zoro here because Gin can kinda get playful IC, which could work as Zoro play's he cards right he can get in and one shot.

Bloodlust I got to go with Gin. As long as he keeps his distance and spams he can keep Zoro at bay long enough to eventually skewer him.

@Kobra678: Id say 10 meters
@SpeedForceSpider: I wouldn't say Zoro is ridiculous in speed however endurance and physical strength are hes trademark. Gin has a genius intellect and lies to gain a psychological advantage over hes opponents like he did so with Aizen, hes like a snake. He only appeared playful because he was not serious during hes battle with Ichigo, he didn't want to kill him.

How much faster is Zoro?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel