Roronoa Zoro vs Erza Scarlet

Topic started by Jinbeifan1 on Sept. 8, 2010. Last post by Low 6 months ago.
Post by taichokage (12,642 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
I think Erza is generally being underestimated here even if Zoro wins. But strength is probably the one area that Zoro specifically isn't superior in. I'm surprised everyone is saying that he is stronger. Even though it is a forte of his, it is even more so for Erza.
Post by Kurohige (3,681 posts) See mini bio Level 19

It wont matter since Zoro can tank almost anything she throws at him or blitz her with his superior speed.

Post by Beelzebub64 (128 posts) See mini bio Level 9

How do you guys think this will play out now as they are currently? I think Zoro can take this.

Post by Saladking (782 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@brent1999:

Erza can fight using her swords between her toes, Zoro and Erza are equal in the swordsmanship department

Zoro is faster but Erza has superior durability.

Strength is irrelevant when your opponent can fly and spam elemental attacks. When Erza collided with Erza Skywalker they destroyed an entire floating island and continued fighting so Zoro won't be overpowering her.

Erza also has access to speed armor if needed. She can even spam lightening at him and he won't be dodging it since he has metal in his hands

Zoro can't blitz her either because pre skip Erza was deflecting sword slashes that were so fast they couldn't even be seen by the human eye while she was trapped inside a card

There's more to fighting than just speed and that's all Zoro has over her that's relevant in this fight but she's a lot more versatile and durable and fast enough to deflect his attacks or just flat out tank them

I don't see Zoro winning

@Saladking: Erza being able to use her swords with her feet doesn't suddenly put her on par with Zoro how will that even help her in this battle?

When has Erza flow I don't ever remember her flying

The collision that destroyed the island wasn't her power it was the both of them so how can he not over power her when it wasn't her strength alone Zoro doesn't focus on AoE he focuses on attack potency

Fodder characters like Kalifa could react to lighting from a close range Nami makes naturaal elements with the climitact so the lighting tempo should be close or equal to lighting speed current Zoro should be able do the same thing much easier so unless Erza has a feat with a speed armor that puts her at lighting fast speeds than she's still slower than Zoro

If Zoro concentrates hard enough he'll be able to cut through most if not all her armors

Edit: This is pre skip but Zoro should still be able to react to things moving as fast as lighting back then if Kalifa could do it.

Post by SMXLR8 (6,899 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Saladking: @Beelzebub64: if you 2 really want to debate this then a CAV is the the way to do it

Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,220 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Saladking: let me stop you right there....

Zoro has much higher durability, to say he doesn't means you don't know Zoro very well. He took many city block level attacks from Oz and kept getting up. Later he goes on to tank a shockwave from kuma and then absorb all of Luffy's damage and fatigue and still lived, and that includes a town + punch and the fact that Luffy's body is the only way possible someone can do Gear 2nd physically, and Zoro still took that on as well

I've had this agreement before, the rock was barely bigger than the rock Luffy tossed am when he was going crazy. Together they made up a town level attack, small town almost.

Zoro was doing faster than the human eye can see back at the beginning of One Piece, he became vastly faster by the time skip. She can't keep up, he was evading lasers at this point. He can deflect anything she throws at him and slash her to pieces

He was also tossing around small buildings while injured without problem, physically he's superior.

While she may be able to fly he can easily spam wind slashes and dodge her attacks, she'd give up on that tactic and try close quarters which she loses

Zoro ftw

@Beelzebub64 said:

@Saladking: Erza being able to use her swords with her feet doesn't suddenly put her on par with Zoro how will that even help her in this battle?

When has Erza flow I don't ever remember her flying

The collision that destroyed the island wasn't her power it was the both of them so how can he not over power her when it wasn't her strength alone Zoro doesn't focus on AoE he focuses on attack potency

Fodder characters like Kalifa could react to lighting from a close range Nami makes naturaal elements with the climitact so the lighting tempo should be close or equal to lighting speed current Zoro should be able do the same thing much easier so unless Erza has a feat with a speed armor that puts her at lighting fast speeds than she's still slower than Zoro

If Zoro concentrates hard enough he'll be able to cut through most if not all her armors

Edit: This is pre skip but Zoro should still be able to react to things moving as fast as lighting back then if Kalifa could do it.

Erza using her swords with her feet was a response to "Zoro is a superior swordsman" comment which is false

Erza can fly using Darkwing and Flame Emperess armor

The collision was a durability reference but it still speaks volumes of her strength. If a island level explosion couldn't knock out Erza then what is Zoro going to do? Unless Zoro is above island busting, which he isn't, he isn't doing anything to Erza. That was pre time skip Erza too

Zoro's swords are metal and they will attract lightening. It's inevitable that he gets tagged multiple times.

Erza doesn't need her speed armor she's a walking a fortress with a variety of elemental attacks

@Jeibeinfai

Do you have scans of him tanking on that level?

Zoro can't deflect lightning due to the fact he uses metal swords so his speed is still irrelevant

Post by luthluth (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Its gonna end in sex
Post by SMXLR8 (6,899 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@luthluth: lets not go off topic here

@Saladking:It was a floatind island but it was the size of a town at best so no she isn't island level or evem close to it unless you have enough evidence that proves it is one.

Zoro is a far superior swordsman than Erza is.

@Saladking: the battle was TOWN level, DEFINITELY not island level, don't kid yourself on that one

Erza only used her lightning armor once against Laxus it didn't show anything spectacular so until I see it do anything awesome I expect it to be on level with nami's first climatact which he tanked pretty easily along with enels much more powerful lightning.

Unless she has armor that can tank steel cutting strength her armor ain't gonna help much, the only one that can is the adamant armor and that has no attack power.

While she can land several hits, help I'm not doubting she will cuz this is a good fight, Zoro wins in the end, his speed along with his similar to slightly superior strength grabs him the win.

It's a good thing this is pre time skip Zoro it makes for a good fight :p

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,678 posts) See mini bio Level 12

This is a good fight since it's preskip, no speedblitzing from Zoro and no Jesus armor Erza to convolute the outcome, anyway whoever wins this is going to drenched in their own blood, and since I'm to lazy to defend either of them since they both have a good chance I'll just vouch for the one who I think can handle bleeding out longer, so I'll go with Zoro.

@Beelzebub64:

Zoro is not a superior swordsman unless you can back that opinion up with facts because Erza can fight using 4 swords at once in base and 100 swords via telekenesis in her blade angel looking armor

Zoro isn't a town buster so it really doesn't matter. He still can't knock her out.

@Jinbeifan1

Actually she does have armor that can tank steel cutting moves. This one but I don't know the name of it. Ikagure was casually slicing through steel but she couldn't even scratch Erza when she switched to this "armor."

Her lightening didn't work because Laxus is immune to lighting. She still has other elemental armors to play with too.

Zoro won last year and he wins now. Not easily though. Lol @ Erza being on par with Zoro in swordsmanship.

@Kurohige:

Let me know when Zoro can control 100 swords simultaneously. She is a better swordsman.

@Saladking: That wasnt the reason, she switched to that armor so that she was faster, fast enough to dodge her attacks and land a finishing blow, no need to tank anything

Lightning is going to be the only effective elemental armor she has, fire can be used by zoro against his enemies as shown when he was covered in fire and turned it into an attack

@Saladking: First she is on par now she is a better swordsman? lol anyway by your logic General Grevious is a better jedi than everyone in Star Wars and Hachen should have beat Zoro since he used a six swords style. Using multiple blades does not make you a better swordsman as Zoro demonstrated with kaku and Daz Bones who's entire body was blades. Swordsmanship is not defined that way, Zoro has much more experience against a large variety of swordsman all who were on par or above him and understands the blade in such a way he can make a swords style with no swords at all as shown in the Groggy fight.

@Kurohige: Yes she's better because I forget about her 100 sword feat when I posted that she was on par

Yea that doesn't put Zoro above Erza at all. Erza defeated someone who could slice magical armor into pieces from long range and with one slash and someone who could slay giant monsters and defeat other s class wizards with a unsheathed sword. Erza is more than just using multiple swords.

@Jinbeifan

Ikagure still still landed an attack at the same time Erza did and Erza was fine

@Saladking: She broke the sword, unless some blood was spilled from Erza when they clashed, she missed.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel