Roronoa Zoro vs Cloud Strife

Topic started by Haofan123 on July 8, 2013. Last post by supernova7005 1 year ago.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
VS
VS

Morals on

In character

To the death or KO

Post by Ikki_Minami_ (967 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Haofan123: Nice battle! Even though Zoro hasn't found a worth opponent yet in the New World I think he should based of hype and how easily he's beaten his enemies he should beat Cloud.

Post by xlab3000 (1,368 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Cloud Strife

Post by CerusSerenade (2,490 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@xlab3000: How?

Post by ChromeDisaster (1,099 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Depends on the cloud. Zoro has it by way of strength, not even gonna argue there. But i see Cloud as a better swordsman

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@ChromeDisaster said:

Depends on the cloud. Zoro has it by way of strength, not even gonna argue there. But i see Cloud as a better swordsman

Interesting. For some reason I always saw it as the way around, but then again a large portion of my knowledge of Cloud comes from watching Adevnt Children. What are some of Cloud's feats of swordsmanship?

Post by supernova7005 (1,966 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@CerusSerenade said:

@xlab3000: How?

Because Cloud solos the HST. Zoro has nothing to even scratch him

Post by CerusSerenade (2,490 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@supernova7005: Well from now on I know who to ignore because you still are using that disproved feat saying that Cloud has continent level durability WHICH IS RETARDED.

@CerusSerenade: Then prove to me how its retarded.

1. Cloud has cut through Jenova who's was unaffected by an impact which created a country sized crater

2. Cloud is far superior to the weapons which created country sized craters

Until these feats are disproved, Cloud is country-continent level which even OBD calcs agree with.

@Haofan123 said:

Interesting. For some reason I always saw it as the way around, but then again a large portion of my knowledge of Cloud comes from watching Adevnt Children. What are some of Cloud's feats of swordsmanship?

http://www.obdwiki.com/character-profile-cloud-strife/

Post by ChromeDisaster (1,099 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Haofan123: Then you somewhat know of a little feats of Cloud's swordsmanship. Omnislash V6 will damn near Zoro. Idk about killing him with just that one attack, but if he finishes with Cross Slash, Zoro dies after a good fight

Post by othus12 (6,368 posts) See mini bio Level 12

sorry, but my money is on zoro.

People on AnimeVice seem to have very little knowledge about how f***ing strong FF7 characters really are.

Tell me when Zoro can casually cut through someone who can create country sized craters like this and this

Cloud has already solo'ed the entire HST on the OBD.

Post by Dream (7,248 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Hmmm. Can Cloud use materia in this match?

Post by Fehafare (8,552 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Dream: What difference does it make given that some 90% of materia is featless and game mechanics?

Also what about the Archer Excalibur thread, not really that important but you are one of the few persons on this site left with whom debating isn't a series of frustrations and facepalming barrages.

@Dream: Materia or not, Cloud one shots by flicking his wrist

Post by Dream (7,248 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Fehafare: Because materia allows for the use of magic in the world of Final Fantasy VII. If Cloud has access to it, it would raise the difficulty for Zoro here since he's mostly a melee fighter.

And I've just posted a rebuttal to the debate with Archer and Excalibur since I still see it as relevant for the battle it is in. As for debating, I try to look at things as objectively as possible depending on what I know and look up on the capabilities of the characters. I might have a degree of bias with my judgements, but it beats being completely biased in the favor of certain titles as some folks are known to do here.

@supernova7005: You're the last person I want to bother talking with.

@Dream: concession accepted

Post by ohgodwhy (1,507 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Once again, didn't Zack die because he was shot by mako infused bullets? Are mako infused bullets continent busters?

Cloud has a lot of cutting power but so what, so does Zoro.

Zoro however has haki which gives him the advantage of foresight. Whitebeard was able to use his haki to react to attacks from Kizaru who is able to move at lightspeed. He'll easily be able to react to Cloud and then cut him down because regardless of what you say, Cloud's durability isn't anything impressive and don't rely on OBD for all your facts. -Ga level spells are in game mechanics that don't really count for shit.

" Survived a Country level+ (survived a ga level spell from the combined force of Loz and Yazoo on the Shinra Building roof." - Obd wiki

How does that even make sense. If it's a country level spell then it should be able to destroy a country, not a rooftop lol. What's wrong with these people. I will admit that Cloud's durability is impressive but I wouldn't go any higher than small city level.

Post by Fehafare (8,552 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Dream: Yeah i know i played FFVII. But i mean, what use would it be for Cloud in the match given that most Materia either has no feats outside gameplay mechanics or is unimpressive once seen in cutscenes in CC or in AD?

And yeah i consider it relevant as well, post's up by the way. VS threads that include a Nasuverse Character oh so often end up switching the subject to a Nasuverse mechanic debate.

As for debating. I try to do the same, and if i'm not actually i make it clear that my post isn't meant to be series and was not made by judging the character's capabilities (ie "Character X wins with quality alone" or something like that). Being human beings i don't think we can actually approach something objectively, especially not something like VS debating which carries a level of the uncertain element. Hell even if we look at science the thing that is the closest to being 100% objective isn't free of some subjectivity and human influence. A scientist is more likely (at least at first) to go in favor of a tested theory that survived the test of time like theory of gravity or theory of evolution than some new run off the mill theory. Sure it will get a fair chance and everything, but it surely isn't on the same level as the others.

Anyway, personally i think you're a great debater, by far one of the best around here on AV.

@ohgodwhy said:

Once again, didn't Zack die because he was shot by mako infused bullets? Are mako infused bullets continent busters?

Zack doesn't have continent level durability. He's mid ff7 Cloud's level at max.

btw who knows? Their exact potency wasn't shown, we can't assume they aren't since that would be a fallacy. Just like we can't assume Trunks' sword isn't planet level. They may not be able to blow up a country but the potency behind them could be of that level.

Keep in mind, a geostigmatized Cloud at the beginning of AC tanks a mako bullet to the face with just a small scratch on his forehead. While WB, who's leagues above Zoro, gets killed by normal bullets....lol.

Cloud has a lot of cutting power but so what, so does Zoro.

Lol. When did Zoro ever cut something that was unscathed by a country wide explosion?

Cloud has effortlessly cut through Jenova, which no one in the HST can even dream of.

Zoro however has haki which gives him the advantage of foresight. Whitebeard was able to use his haki to react to attacks from Kizaru who is able to move at lightspeed. He'll easily be able to react to Cloud and then cut him down because regardless of what you say, Cloud's durability isn't anything impressive and don't rely on OBD for all your facts. -Ga level spells are in game mechanics that don't really count for shit.

Double standard. Cloud would easily dodge all of Zoro's strikes.

Anyways, I've already given the evidence as to why Cloud's durability is too high for Zoro to even scratch him.

" Survived a Country level+ (survived a ga level spell from the combined force of Loz and Yazoo on the Shinra Building roof." - Obd wiki
How does that even make sense. If it's a country level spell then it should be able to destroy a country, not a rooftop lol. What's wrong with these people.

BS. Thats a plot device.

That's like arguing Goku's Kamehameha is not planet level because it sometimes doesn't even destroy a mountain.

I will admit that Cloud's durability is impressive but I wouldn't go any higher than small city level.

Lol small city level.

A geostigmatised Cloud not only tanks but flies through a large city buster using just one of his 6 swords.

That small dot in the image....yeah, that's Cloud :D

And he does this without getting as much as a scratch.

Zoro is not even city level btw

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel