Rock Lee vs Spider-Man

Topic started by sharingan_eyes on Sept. 26, 2011. Last post by Newdeath 2 years, 12 months ago.
Post by Hellos (2,482 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DJSNuva1 said:

@Hellos: True, but my point is that Beyonder is a Cosmic Cube.

Some times. We can't really say what the Beyonder is since his origin keeps getting tossed around. He's gone from God / Super Omnipotent being, Cubed Being and now to Inhuman last I remember.

And it comes back to what Kubik said:

And Kubik is the one that owned the Beyonder in his own universe(almost actually destroying it before being talked out of it), he's pretty much stating that a nobody Celestial is infinitely more powerful than he is.

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Hellos
well, not disagreeing, but you know you should have been more specific, cause you said the scans were from "secret wars" and therefore made me think you meant the original and not the spin-off. you should have said "spiderman and the secret wars". 
and I went to check it out btw, there were little details changed for no reason,it's like the writer didn't even bother checking the source. example: they tell Reed to anger the hulk under the mountin, and not spidey like in this mini.
Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Hellos said:

@DJSNuva1 said:

@Hellos: True, but my point is that Beyonder is a Cosmic Cube.

Some times. We can't really say what the Beyonder is since his origin keeps getting tossed around. He's gone from God / Super Omnipotent being, Cubed Being and now to Inhuman last I remember.

And it comes back to what Kubik said:

And Kubik is the one that owned the Beyonder in his own universe(almost actually destroying it before being talked out of it), he's pretty much stating that a nobody Celestial is infinitely more powerful than he is.

lol, so true. don't forget how Beyonder was laying the smackdown with wristling moves on a group of selestials in secret wars2, I was like "WTF?", he was even taunting them like a little kid like"hay, pay attention to me or I'll destroy the universe", and all that was just to impress some girl(a mutant called BoomBoom). 

it seems like everytime we think a character is possibly one of the most powerfull being, there will always be another characer/race that he even considers omnipotent(like the dreaming celestial meeting the Fulkrum. marvel writers love doing that.
Post by t3h_bash (53 posts) See mini bio Level 7

If I'm not mistaken, Rock Lee starts in base, 20 ft away from a blood-lusted Spidey... The only blitzing that will be done is by Spider-Man

@t3h_bash said:

If I'm not mistaken, Rock Lee starts in base, 20 ft away from a blood-lusted Spidey... The only blitzing that will be done is by Spider-Man

The only Lee Spider-man can blitz is Lee with his weights on or Lee with his injury, Which if you slapped onto Spiderman, I'd imagine he'd have a great deal of effort to pull off his normal routine of agility.

1:25

Lee is pretty damn above peak, even without hitting touching the eight inner gates. Which if he does, he will ruin Spiderman. Completely and utterly ruin.

Post by YouFinished (1,035 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@t3h_bash said:

Spidey's movement speed is not in the supersonic range so he really wouldn't be blitzing. But his combat speed is, so he should easily be able to tag Lee and end him.

Spiderman won't be "ending" a weightless Lee.

@Hellos:  
Why not?

@YouFinished said:

@Hellos: Why not?

A few reasons:

- Wolverine has bested Spiderman in combat speed.

- I'm struggling to see outside moving out of the way to avoid bullets with his reflexes, what in-combat speed feats Spiderman has on Lee.

- Without his spidersense, a bunch of rats got the drop on him and where biting away at Pete.

@Hellos:  

@YouFinished said:

@Hellos:

Using webbing to block bulletsx2 Having webbing already on the barrel of the gun catch bullet and spin it somewhere. Spider Sense saves the day again 4th scan. Organic Webbing saves the day?

What are these scans supposed to prove again? He doesn't have his Spider Sense anymore and unless your argument consists of him beating Lee by covering him in an absurd amount of webbing, I'm not seeing what your trying to get at.

@Hellos:  
Really, you don't? Let me break it down for ya then: Spider-man can spin his webs fast enough to block bullets after they are fired. Spider-man can move his limbs fast enough to block bullets after they are fired. Spider-man can move fast enough to block bullets after they are fired. 
Oh and the webbing on the barrel was destroyed when the gun was fired, so he spun some more. organic webbing?  

@YouFinished said:

@Hellos: Really, you don't? Let me break it down for ya then: Spider-man can spin his webs fast enough to block bullets after they are fired.

Webbing speed feat, he can fire the stuff in globs and cover Iron Man. He's not actually spinning it thread by thread in those scenarios.

"Spider-man can move his limbs fast enough to block bullets after they are fired."

With webbing. A better feat is using his reflexes to actually move out of the way of gunfire.

"Spider-man can move fast enough to block bullets after they are fired."

You just said that.

" Oh and the webbing on the barrel was destroyed when the gun was fired, so he spun some more."

By pressing a button. Your trying to make it out like he sets this stuff up like an actual spider, which isn't the case since he can fire globs of it at people and things.

"organic webbing?"

Last scan I don't see a web-shooter in it.

Post by obscurefan (216 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I'll probably catch some heat for this one but I think Spidey having the suit on might be a hindrance to him in this fight, simply because while it does enhance his strength and speed, it also makes him angrier and more brutal, and with Rock Lee being allowed to open that many gates then Spidey's biggest chance for victory here would be his brains and his ability to talk. In order to win, his best bet would be to talk Lee out of fighting and outsmart him before Lee decides to open that many gates, but with the suit on he'd probably just charge right into the fight and end up losing.

(and yes I know the morals are off but that doesn't mean that Pete wouldn't still try to use his brains and wit)

@Hellos:  
i just call it "spinning webs", but it really doesn't matter what you call it nor does it effect the speed he shows in the scans which indicates he can tag lee easily and end him. 

Last scan I don't see a web-shooter in it.

okay, your point?

@YouFinished said:

@Hellos:
i just call it "spinning webs", but it really doesn't matter what you call it nor does it effect the speed he shows in the scans which indicates he can tag lee easily and end him.

Huh? All those scans deal with the webshooter's speed and Pete's accuracy with it. Which is strange, since Pete has vastly better showings with webbing that come to mind.

If you want to show incombat speed, as in how fast he can throw a punch, he has plenty of those. But this stuff doesn't prove your point at all. Sure Pete can tag him, but he won't end him. Lee on the other hand can and will.

okay, your point?

I thought that was obvious, I called it organic webbing because he didn't have a web shooter on.

@Hellos said: 

Huh? All those scans deal with the webshooter's speed and Pete's accuracy with it. Which is strange, since Pete has vastly better showings with webbing that come to mind.

not only that, it deals with spidey's speed and how fast he can react. and that's great he has better webbing feats.

If you want to show incombat speed, as in how fast he can throw a punch, he has plenty of those. But this stuff doesn't prove your point at all. Sure Pete can tag him, but he won't end him. Lee on the other hand can and will.

i did show his combat speed that does prove my point.

@YouFinished said:

@Hellos said:

not only that, it deals with spidey's speed and how fast he can react. and that's great he has better webbing feats.

i did show his combat speed that does prove my point.

But for these showings, all he does is point his wrists and decide how hard he wants to press a button his fingers are usually already on.

You showed me him shooting his webshooters, Like I said, Spiderman has plenty of in combat speed feats, good ones, where he's fighting dozens of people, dodging bullets, the works. Webbing stuff doesn't fit in the same category.

@Hellos said: 

But for these showings, all he does is point his wrists and decide how hard he wants to press a button his fingers are usually already on.

You showed me him shooting his webshooters, Like I said, Spiderman has plenty of in combat speed feats, good ones, where he's fighting dozens of people, dodging bullets, the works. Webbing stuff doesn't fit in the same category.

he moves faster than the bullets, i really don't know how to put it any simpler than that.

@YouFinished said:

@Hellos said:

he moves faster than the bullets, i really don't know how to put it any simpler than that.

No he doesn't, he just has the reflexes to move out of the way, but he does not move faster than bullets.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel