Rock Lee and Might Guy vs Chairman Netero

Topic started by ImDictatorBowDown on Dec. 30, 2013. Last post by Low 6 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,656 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Everything goes (except Netero's nuke, that's cheating)

No knowledge

Round 1. IC

Round 2. Bloodlusted

Setting: Dressrosa Colosseum (Start 20 meters from each other in a triangle)

Post by taichokage (12,628 posts) See mini bio Level 20
If they go 7th gate team Gai can win it imo.

@taichokage: It won't be easy for them to hit him even with the gates. Meruem, a genius in and out of combat, had a hard time figuring out Netero's rhythm and couldn't so much as land a hit until he did.

Post by Beelzebub64 (128 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Uuummmm I think Gai and Lee can take it especially with the Hirudora tech Gai has Lee I think wouldn't be of much help while it'll probably be just Gai vs Netero imo

@Beelzebub64: Netero is faster than either of them, he isn't going to be hit by a large attack like Hirudora that takes a few seconds of prep.

Post by Low (1,147 posts) See mini bio Level 11

This is a mismatch. Either Lee or Gai can hit speeds that exceeds Netero and blitz him. I mean base Lee (with his training weights off) can hit Hypersonic+ speeds pre time skip. Current Lee and Gai (base) could intercept Haku's Light Speed reflection from Demon Mirror technique. Both of them can solo Netero easy, without a hassle.

Though Nen boosted HxH characters can react past their actual reaction speed, like Knuckle and Morel could against Cheetu, and Netero could against King Meruem. So I'm not entirely sure if Netero will be speedblitzed. Even if he could react, both Lee and Gai can go even faster by going Gates. Netero could barely pull off an offset against Meruem. Here, there are two opponents that can hit speeds Meruem was going at in base.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,816 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Netero gets killed by either one of them. He couldn't even react to any of them once they go Gates.

You are either underestimating Netero's speed or overestimating Gai's and Lee's. Pitou crossed 2 km in the blink of an eye, she/he was blitzed by Netero's generic attack, he should be much faster than either of their bases, even Killua is faster than them in their bases. Haku isn't light speed, if he was then Naruto is also lightspeed in the first arc.

@ImDictatorBowDown said:

You are either underestimating Netero's speed or overestimating Gai's and Lee's. Pitou crossed 2 km in the blink of an eye, she/he was blitzed by Netero's generic attack, he should be much faster than either of their bases, even Killua is faster than them in their bases. Haku isn't light speed, if he was then Naruto is also lightspeed in the first arc.

Haku is not lightspeed. The reflection from Demon Mirror technique is. Kurama is a capable sensor when it came to sensing malice/evil etc. It was Kurama following up on those senseing credibility. He is in no way lightspeed there, Naruto straight up destroyed all the mirrors and caught Haku. If you look at Sasuke, according to Haku, the Sharingan was predicting his movements through the mirrors. Naruto being able to sense Haku could also predict the movement. Also if you look at the episode, in fact any episode where Naruto is overtaken by Kuramas chakra, he gains explosive speed, speed that he learns to control post time skip.

I'm guessing you are referring to Neferpitou? Where does she do this? iirc: Netero only intercepted her, and as far as I remember, he said he was no match for her.

@Low: When Pitou first attacks Kite, it was when she first noticed him in her En which extended 2 km. Netero is inferior to her in Nen amount alone, in a fight he would destroy her. The moment he puts his hands together (as in preparing to attack) he had the speed to blitz Meruem, the king even admitted it, granted Netero's attacks didn't do much damage on the king, they should still affect Guy and Lee seeing as Meruem's durability >>> Guy's or Lee's.

(I'm going to call Pitou a girl since IMO it most resembles what she/he looks like, though the manga did leave its gender ambiguous)

@ImDictatorBowDown said:

@Low: When Pitou first attacks Kite, it was when she first noticed him in her En which extended 2 km. Netero is inferior to her in Nen amount alone, in a fight he would destroy her. The moment he puts his hands together (as in preparing to attack) he had the speed to blitz Meruem, the king even admitted it, granted Netero's attacks didn't do much damage on the king, they should still affect Guy and Lee seeing as Meruem's durability >>> Guy's or Lee's.

(I'm going to call Pitou a girl since IMO it most resembles what she/he looks like, though the manga did leave its gender ambiguous)

Um. Even Netero himself said he is less than 50% the strength he had in his prime, and commented that he is a weaker nen user than Pitou was. Her casual range should be more than enough to tell us that. In fact, Netero did not want to engage in a fight with her. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A6UojZp3Nk

Post by taichokage (12,628 posts) See mini bio Level 20
As I recall he and Zoaldyk did their best to get him out of the way (calling Pitou a he since most is not all of Togashi's androgynous characters turn out to be male).

@Low said:

Um. Even Netero himself said he is less than 50% the strength he had in his prime, and commented that he is a weaker nen user than Pitou was. Her casual range should be more than enough to tell us that. In fact, Netero did not want to engage in a fight with her. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A6UojZp3Nk

Pitou is stronger than Netero in Nen, I already said that, doesn't change the fact that Netero would destroy Pitou in a fight. Pitou would not even be able to react to the old man, not being in his prime is irrelevant, it isn't DBZ where the highest power (nen) wins, Killua was scolded for believing just that. Gon beat Genthru even though Genthru destroys him in just about all stats.

When Netero said he didn't want to fight her it wasn't because he believed he'd lose, he rather avoid fighting and take out the queen before the king is born, with the king dead the royal guard would have no purpose or reason to fight and subsequently end the Chimera Ant outbreak with minimal incident.

@ImDictatorBowDown said:

@Low said:

Pitou is stronger than Netero in Nen, I already said that, doesn't change the fact that Netero would destroy Pitou in a fight. Pitou would not even be able to react to the old man, not being in his prime is irrelevant, it isn't DBZ where the highest power (nen) wins, Killua was scolded for believing just that. Gon beat Genthru even though Genthru destroys him in just about all stats.

When Netero said he didn't want to fight her it wasn't because he believed he'd lose, he rather avoid fighting and take out the queen before the king is born, with the king dead the royal guard would have no purpose or reason to fight and subsequently end the Chimera Ant outbreak with minimal incident.

Do you have any scans where Netero is blitzing Pitou? Or a chapter reference so I can go check it out. Also any proof of Netero's speed would be a great help. The way I see it, Netero's base speed is pre time skip Lee's speed with his trainings off, Lee's actual speed post time skip.

The anime is about to reach this point probably next week or the next, but here.

@Low:

Even Killua is far faster than pre skip lee, and he's upper mid tier at best.

He did this in base

He can go even faster with his God Speed, yet he would be left in the dust compared to the old man

@ImDictatorBowDown: Oh, you are exegerrating here. And misunderstanding. Reaction Speed in HxH is greater due to nen, as I've said before. HxH characters as far as I know have never shown this level of speed.

http://youtu.be/a_RTWlCHBxw?t=5m18s

And like I said, Netero can react to base Lee and Gai going at this speed. If they go Gates, its a different story.

@Low: No I'm not, you are, you just stated that Nen augments reaction yes? Then why are the characters who are proficient at nen unable to react at all to Netero?

Nen enhances all physical attributes

You believe that Lee is hypersonic during the preskip without even using the gates? There are only around 6-7 people in Naruto all together who are Hypersonic, Lee isn't one of them, at least he isn't until he hits the gates post skip, Guys best attack in gates (Hirudora) hits low Hypersonic speed. The clip you showed me doesn't show me speed greater than Netero or Killua, it only showed that Gaara couldn't react to him, it's just impressive animation not really that impressive of a speed feat TBH.

Going by the anime, Lee looks like he's going faster than even Goku during flight, yet if you look at the manga his speed doesn't seem nearly as impressive.

Here is lee doing the feats in the video in the manga.

Here's Killua during the second hunter exam

Here's an example of something similar, the animation makes it seem as though these fighters are incredibly fast right? Thing is they aren't even bullet timers.

@ImDictatorBowDown: "not bullet timers" lol. I should be done with you right about now if you want to underestimate them this much.

@Low: I'm talking about the Champloo video, not Lee lol.

Lee is definitely Supersonic, but hypersonic is pushing it, especially before the skip.

@ImDictatorBowDown said:

@Low: I'm talking about the Champloo video, not Lee lol.

Lee is definitely Supersonic, but hypersonic is pushing it, especially before the skip.

What would you call it where Lee blitzes Madara by going gates? He outspeeds Naruto momentarily. Or the instance where he and Gai blitzes Haku in Demonic Mirror. Or the filler episode where Gai and Lee blitzes an evil four tailed Kurama. In a pre time skip movie, Lee clearly shows hypersonic speed. All of those instances are canon btw. Heck, Gai was keeping up with Obitos teleportation technique going hypersonic, and with Naruto.

Lee post timeskip is perfectly capable of defeating Sasuke (even though he was not using Ninjutsu), but to outspeed a Sharingan user, is a great feat.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel