Redbird's tournament: Redbird vs SpeedForceSpider

Topic started by redbird3rdboywonder on Dec. 7, 2012. Last post by SpeedForceSpider 2 years ago.
Post by redbird3rdboywonder (181 posts) See mini bio Level 8

vs

You can go first my friend

Post by eddz99 (2,656 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Sephi owns this.. Sephi is planetbuster

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,084 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@redbird3rdboywonder: Okay bro. I'll start lightly with a little info:

Well Sephiroth is a master swordsman. In his weakest carnation he effortlessly held his own against two 1st Class SOLDIERS. Sephiroth was able to easily cut through solid metal and concrete like butter.

First Class SOLDIERS are massively hypersonic and Zack Fair managed to dodge machine gun fire from multiple directions without breaking a sweat. Skip to 5:00

Sephiroth being more powerful is naturally faster and stronger.

Your turn bro.

Post by FormerCrimsonKing (4,725 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@SpeedForceSpider: i dont think the speed and power argument are valid due to the rules...i believe its soley based on swordskill

Post by DBZ_universe (15,884 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@SpeedForceSpider: Here, you need this!

@SpeedForceSpider: @DBZ_universe: If you guys only knew what a massive case of stupidity and arrogance I'm dealing with over there at comicvine in regards to Aizen.

Anyway on topic here's a video that shows some of his reaction speed and only a sample of his strength

@SpeedForceSpider: @DBZ_universe: If you guys only knew what a massive case of stupidity and arrogance I'm dealing with over there at comicvine in regards to Aizen.

Anyway on topic here's a video that shows some of his reaction speed and only a sample of his strength

Zoro was able to dodge hody's water based arrows that were traveling at an unknown speed. He easily cut through the fishmen shells which could be harder than regular steel.

Post by taichokage (15,265 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I won't commentate to much on this particular battle, since i dont know Sephiroth like I know Zoro, but speed and power have to count for something. The level of swordsmanship a swordsman has is very largely based on those two factors.

@redbird3rdboywonder: Oh, yes... Zoro is a beast! the guy dodges bullets as if they were nothing. and his strength is monstrous as well.

Also is Aizen getting wank a lot?

@redbird3rdboywonder: I know what you mean man. This idiot told me dangai ichigo can beat EOS Yusuke despite the feats I gave. Almost every person at comicvine is ignorant and hardheaded.

@taichokage: Thanks for the feedback man its much appreciated!

On topic, Sephiroth has always demonstrated his great strength and precisness. One of his techniques, Octaslash, he cuts you at blinding speeds leaving you helpless in the air and lands a deadly blow.

@DBZ_universe: Yes he is and nope they're actually downplaying him. This guy is over there saying Jean Grey would break out of Kyouka Suigestu despite the fact she'd never know she was under it's effects unless Aizen himself broke it

@SpeedForceSpider: Yeah they are and I agree

On topic one of Zoro techniques in the video I previously posted shows him creating a whirlwind that keeps slicing you. Here is another video showcasing his skills against an Octopus swordsman

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

@DBZ_universe: Yes he is and nope they're actually downplaying him. This guy is over there saying Jean Grey would break out of Kyouka Suigestu despite the fact she'd never know she was under it's effects unless Aizen himself broke it

Trollolololololo

gosh what has happen to CV?? breaking out of a spell that you don't even know you are in state of hypnosis...? lol

Post by taichokage (15,265 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I mentioned this for a while now. Hence why I switched almost entirely to the vice a decent time ago. Anyway, I want to see how the rest of this fight goes.
Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,230 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Based purely on swordskill, certainly debatable (though I might actually give it to Zorro).

In a straight sword fight, I give it to Sephiroth due to superior speed.

If it's a standard fight then Sephiroth wins with little difficulty, as he is not only a master swordsman but has potent magic as well.

@redbird3rdboywonder: Sephiroth was casually cleaving off sections of the Shin-Ra building in Midgar in Advent Children like butter. That colossal skyscraper that makes Empire State building look tiny. And even in simulation in the Crisis Core video I posted above, he was cleaving the Junon Canon to pieces with ease. Sephiroth's sword skills are incredible and he was the only one in SOLDIER to be given his own class ranking (1st class SOLDIER is the highest ranking. Sephiroth exceeded it). Sephiroth also has variants of the octaslash where he cuts you so fast it seems like you are still getting slashed afterwards.

@SpeedForceSpider: It will take a lot to put Zoro down. His best feature perhaps is his endurance, able to take massive damage that would otherwise kill other people he's able to shrug them off and keep moving foward. He has seemingly shown various techniques for different situations and has different techniques for having either one, two, or all three swords. Attacks such as Disaster harbor-bird which sends a shock wave slice at you. While fighting Hody Jones, even though he was at a complete disadvantage underwater and Hody had the advantage, Zoro was able to move faster than Hody could react and cut Hody piercing his skin which speaks in volumes of his strength, even knocking Hody temporarily unconscious

@redbird3rdboywonder: Zoro has a ton of fighting spirit and endurance that is true. However, SOLDIER are lightning timers so his reactions are far superior to Zoro's. And Zoro's ability to take damage will only get him so far with Sephiroth's speed and cutting precision.

Post by FormerCrimsonKing (4,725 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Wow, this whole time I thought all matches had speed equalized. If its a battle to see who's the better swordsman then unequal speed would nullify skill in matches between characters with big gaps in speed(theres alot of em)since you can just blitz your opponent.

Post by othus12 (7,933 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@SpeedForceSpider: nobody saw it XD guess ill slowly erase that

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel