Raiden (MGS) vs Dante (DMC)

Topic started by ohgodwhy on March 16, 2013. Last post by SpeedForceSpider 1 year, 7 months ago.
Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

- No prior knowlege

- Both in character

- Dante gets only his basic weapons (sword and pistols)

- Raiden gets only his basic weapons (swords, shoe knives etc)

- Dante can't access DT.

- Fight starts of 50m away

Dante crosses a portal after defeating a demon into the MGS universe. After wandering around for a while he hears the sound of metal cutting metal and Dante being Dante has to go check it out. He skips across building rooftops, a smile appearing on his face. He senses a strong opponent.

Who'll win this battle?

Post by othus12 (7,375 posts) See mini bio Level 13

dante because of his regen

Post by CerusSerenade (2,702 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Raiden's sword apparently can't cut through nanomachine-reinforced skin. Dante takes this.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,041 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@othus12 said:

@CerusSerenade said:

Raiden's sword apparently can't cut through nanomachine-reinforced skin. Dante takes this.

I don't understand the significance of this?

Watch that from 9:50. As far as speed feats go, that's pretty damn impressive. Then he cuts straight through a metal ray arm with ease. Bearing in mind this is only the first boss too.

Can Dante overcome his speed? Couldn't Raiden just cut him in half?

@ohgodwhy: Didn't Vergil sorta regenerate from getting cut in half by Dante?

@SpeedForceSpider: Are you referring to that scene in DMC3? Was he actually cut in half or was it just kind of made to look like he was cut in half? I'm fairly sure full on regeneration like that is a bit impossible even for Vergil/Dante but I suppose it could happen.

Then again if it does get to that point where Raiden has cut Dante in half, then chances are he'll be able to cut him in half again and again and Dante's regeneration isn't infinite.

What do you think about speed feats?

Post by CerusSerenade (2,702 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@ohgodwhy:It wasn't until he got his other sword (not in this fight) that he could even cut nanomachine-enforced skin.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,047 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@othus12 said:

Post by randomcharachter (7 posts) See mini bio Level 4

Can still acess to Quicksilver or Dopelganger but he stillm got this one

@CerusSerenade: No I meant what's the significance of that fact? Dante doesn't have nanomachine-enforced skin. What we do know is that Raiden slices through a couple of feet of solid steel like it's butter.

I'm still wondering whether regen is going to help against overwhelming speed? Or can someone convince me that they're equal in speed? Then I might be inclined towards Dante too.

@randomcharachter said:

Can still acess to Quicksilver or Dopelganger but he stillm got this one

No he only has his sword and pistols, no extra powerups.

@ohgodwhy: He was seriously cut in half I am firmly certain. As for speed wise it depends maybe Raiden if this is DMC3 Dante, but I think they are close at least in reactions if anything.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel