Pyron Vs Perfect Cell

Topic started by comicfanforever on April 6, 2010. Last post by takashichea 7 months, 1 week ago.
Post by ReiKai (3,463 posts) See mini bio Level 9
You haven't provided an official scan, just Fanlated garbage. You haven't shown an Official Statement made by Toriayama himself confirming Cell's power or that of any of his Characters. You've done nothing but repeat the same bogus line over and over again like some self-delusional mantra. Enough.

Someone call in a Moderator to end this and prevent him from further embarrassing real DBZ fans.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,723 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@ReiKai:  I have produced scans, and again he says same thing in the viz about the solar system.

correct "iv'e gathered enough ki to not only destroy the earth but the entire solar system"
viz "i have enough ki to blow away the entire solar system"

both are pretty much the same thing, show some scans to prove me wrong big talker.
Post by MisterShin (2,122 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@ReiKai: 
Toriyama confirmed and considers Cell a Solar System Buster, this is why he wrote it in the Manga. 

Why else would he write it, he could have wrote something else like. Cell says " Im gonna fire a blast capable of blowing up the earth ten times ",  rather than " I have gathered enough Ki to not only destroy the earth but the entire solar system ".
Toriyama has never made any such confirmation. Prove it. The only scan is a Fanlation and this cannot even be counted. You claim the Viz manga translation says the same thing. So prove it. Get the Manga, scan it and show everyone. Stop saying the same piece of crap over and over again like it's the truth when you have nothing to back it up. And you still don't get that Character Statements are completely Hyperbole until Proven.
@MisterShin: Its funny how reikai will say all sorts of stuff and never back it up with scans huh? I showed a scan where cell says he can destroy the solar system, he disputes it so the burden is on him to show a contradictory scan, but he won't.
You showed a Fanlated scan (Fan Translated). Meaning the Translation, not done by the Company (VIZ), is untrue and unofficial. It cannot be taken as evidence, nor proven, nor trusted to be accurate. You have continued to fail to realize these facts at every turn.
@ReiKai:   
This what you were looking for at 1:54 he says "Forget the earth i can destroy the Entire Solar System with my Energy Now "
Cell is a Solar System Buster (Has energy enough to destroy entire solar system) get over it, you only provide excuses as to why Cell is not, because a Solar System was not blow up in the end.

You still don't get it, and you never will. A Character Statement = nothing. Cell's claims are utterly baseless. Since he does not in fact destroy the Solar System, and since Gohan's counter-blast, which is greater than Cells, does not destroy the Solar System, much less the Earth, it means there is absolutely nothing to support the claim that he's a solar-system buster. It's Hyperbole.

hy·per·bo·le

  / haɪˈpɜrli / Show Spelled [ hahy- pur-b uh-lee ] Show IPA –noun Rhetoric. 
1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

Post by Dream (7,198 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@MisterShin and hitsusatsu11:  There are things called boasting and hyperbole. Look below.

@Dream: no, these things are called the magaka is telling how much power a character has.

There is no purpose in toriyama having cell say this besides to accurately show his power.

This is not a hyperbole since cell gives exact specifications-"not only the earth but entire solar system" also cell>>>>>>confirmed planet++ buster freeza
A hyperbole would be if cell said-"ill destroy everything with this blast" 

the blasts hit each other and were thus counter acted, after beating cells blast gohan's had only a little energy left which then dissipated, which is why no star, planet or even mountain were destroyed.

Its a fail, but nice try reikai
It's the definition of Hyperbole. We even gave it to you. Toriyama does not state this. Why you continue to believe such without an Official Interview is beyond any human beings ability to understand. The statement was made by the Character, Cell, thus Hyperbole. Had the Statement been made by the Narrator (the Writer, ie Toriyama), it would have been accepted. As the statement had been made by the Character, it is thus Hyperbole.
@ReiKai: 
Toriyama got rid of the Narrator long long time ago, and then reserved it for explaining time skip events.

It is not Hyperbole, when Multi-Planet Buster just recently got a Massive power-up.
Also Frieza was Planet buster (possible multi planet buster) so it is not an exaggeration.
Cell is multi planet buster - Solar System Buster (At maximum output).

If Cell was Master Roshi level and said he could Solar System Bust then it is Hyperbole, but in this case.  
There is very very very little exaggeration / Hyperbole in what he is saying.
It is hyperbole because the statement cannot be proven. And the fact that there is no Narrator to state or explain the powers of the characters in question, it means there is nothing except those characters own personal statements to support them. Thus, any statement made is complete and utter hyperbole because it cannot be proven. You cannot prove it. It's that simple. It has always been that simple. You've been running on nothing but a baseless character statement when there has been nothing to support it. No evidence whatsoever. Since Cell has not, in fact, destroyed a solar system with his power, it makes his statement nothing more than hyperbole; an obvious and intentional exaggeration.
hyperbole : "im so hungry i could eat a horse" 
not hyperbole: "im so hungry im going to eat a burger, fries and pizza" 

hyperbole: " with this blast ill destroy everything" 
not hyperbole: "i have gathered enough ki to not only destroy the earth but the entire solar system"
You're still not getting it and you still fail to understand the definition of hyperbole even after we gave it to you.
@ReiKai:
" hyperbole : "im so hungry i could eat a horse"

not hyperbole: "im so hungry im going to eat a burger, fries and pizza"   
 hyperbole: " with this blast ill destroy everything"  
 not hyperbole: "i have gathered enough ki to not only destroy the earth but the entire solar system" "
no you don't understand literary terms. 
Post by Dream (7,198 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@hitsusatsu11:  Hyperbole is also used to increase the impact of a situation or scene in publications and works of fiction that tend to be exaggerated, which is what ReiKai and I have been trying to point out to you. Cell boasts he could wipe out a solar system. He never did so. That's the hyperbole. Just because Cell says he can bust a solar system doesn't mean squat if he hasn't been shown doing it.
@Dream: buddy zetto has not shown anything but moonbusting yet you claim he can take universal attacks, this is admissible but cell making a reasonable statement is not? 
fail
@Dream: now i will prove IT cam be used in battle and as a speed blitz, we all know the instant kamehameha but theres also this:
cell fires an FTL blast 
cell fires an FTL blast 

Goku dodges and counters using IT 

Goku explains he can use IT in battle  

Even before cell learns IT, his speed is comparable to IT, obviously FTL
and its already been proven cell knows IT 

Perfect Cell Wins
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel